MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 11:06:40
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print
Author Topic: Matricians: What are you watching?  (Read 512580 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1350 on: 14 May 2009, 05:40:05 »

It was OK.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1351 on: 14 May 2009, 05:45:39 »

We turned around from the couch at Mikero.

We stared.

One person said, "What th-"

Mikero interrupted, "Your window was open."

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1352 on: 14 May 2009, 05:54:28 »

I'm the one that opened it.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1353 on: 14 May 2009, 05:56:37 »

Yeah, this definitely was one of the weaker season finales. I mean, it was great, sure, but it was really... weird. "Weird" is the right word, I think.

But yeah, that cliffhanger, man...

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1354 on: 14 May 2009, 05:58:47 »

It was good until the end, which wasn't bad but just wasn't as good. Unlike the island disappearing.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1355 on: 14 May 2009, 15:56:11 »

Ha, I think I'm the only one who thought the island disappearing was awesome. Just because it WAS retarded.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1356 on: 14 May 2009, 21:57:06 »

It was at least interesting. This season just kind of... ended. And you weren't sure it was over.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1357 on: 18 May 2009, 04:15:26 »

I keep replaying the end of it in my head, and [spoiler]it makes the final scene so much more epic and exciting if you take it as implying that Juliet activating the nuke is actually supposed to mean that they succeeded in changing the past. But, of course, I have no idea where they're going from here.[/spoiler]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1358 on: 18 May 2009, 04:58:10 »

[spoiler]Juliet isn't on next season's cast list, or something to that effect. So maybe they did succeed or they're keeping her secret or it's not settled yet. Too bad because she's pretty much my favourite character right now.[/spoiler]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1359 on: 19 May 2009, 03:22:06 »

I love how you're pretty much the only person I know who likes Juliet.

Okay, now for something completely different!

THE EXTRAVAGANT ASR'S WATCH-THESE-SHOWS EXTRAVAGANZA

By all means, feel free to ignore me. In fact, I expect all of you to ignore me, but it'll be nice if one person plays along. Well, not really "play" anything, but just give it a shot.

Basically, I'm about to list five really good TV-shows that I highly reccomend, and I want you, as in anyone willing to participate, to choose one show and give it a shot by watching the first three episodes.

DEXTER
Seasons: 3 (2 available on DVD, 4th season starting soon)
SHOWTIME
Dexter Morgan is a serial killer... who works for Miami Metro Police Department. He only kills bad people, so you find yourself rooting for him. Actually, that's the entire point. It's an extremely engaging drama that really explores the mind of serial killer. Wonderful cast of characters. The acting is also top-notch, and Michael C. Hall is extremely talented in the role of emotionally devoid Dexter.

WEEDS
Seasons: 4 (3 available on DVD, 5th season starting soon)
SHOWTIME
The premise is as simple as "suburban widow dealing weed to support her family." Absolutely hilarious with a great cast, this is a really fun show that's definitely gained some more mainstream popularity in recent years. The writing is really sharp and funny, and definitely shines through.

BREAKING BAD
Seasons: 2 (1 available on DVD, 2nd season still airing)
AMC
A similar premise to Weeds, but much darker and grittier. Walter White is an overqualified high school chemistry teacher who learns he has cancer. In a nothing-to-lose last-ditch effort, he decides to team up with his former student Jessie Pinkman to cook and sell crystal meth. Bryan Cranston is extremely impressive acting-wise, and from the get-go it's interesting to see the guy who played Hal from Malcolm in the Middle in such a serious role. The acting on this show is really some of the best on cable television. I mean, it definitely IS the best acting on a network that isn't HBO or Showtime.

SIX FEET UNDER
Seasons: 5 (all finished, all available on DVD)
HBO
A family living in a funeral home. The head of the family has just died. It doesn't seem like much of a premise, I know... but wow. The best acting I've ever seen. The characters feel so real and so alive that there could literally be an episode about them just sitting and eating cereal, and it would be better than most everything else on TV. You get so drawn into this family's lives. It's also got the fantastic gimmick of having every episode start with a death. The show is extremely emotional, as in it covers every possible base. You will tear up much more than you would at most dramas, and you will laugh harder than you would at most comedies. The series finale is the greatest series finale of all time. I squeezed out an actual tear. Michael C. Hall also shines in this show.

CALIFORNICATION
Seasons: 2 (1 available on DVD, 3rd season starting soon)
SHOWTIME
David Duchovny is really awesome in this. There's a LOT of sex and nudity on this show, so be forewarned. It's got a lot of heart and a lot of humor, but it's also very true to life. Duchovny plays Hank Moody, a one-hit-wonder author who has writer's block and is trying to win back his old love. It manages to stay as simple as that, but still evoke so much more. It's a great light-hearted show that's really just a lot of fun in general to watch.

SOOOOO.

GET TO IT, MATRICIANS!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1360 on: 19 May 2009, 03:23:35 »

I only have 15 channels.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1361 on: 19 May 2009, 03:26:48 »

I am endorsing DVD's and torrents.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1362 on: 20 May 2009, 01:14:28 »

I love how you're pretty much the only person I know who likes Juliet.

Most people I've talked to like her. Conclusion, you only know people who don't matter.

Dexter sounds like a bleh version of The Boondock Saints.
Well maybe not. I don't care.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1363 on: 21 May 2009, 17:19:24 »

Looking back at my summary for Dexter, I made it sound WAY cheesier than it really is. Still haven't seen Boondock Saints, but I'm pretty sure that's a bad comparison.

Posted on: 20 May 2009, 01:47:13

I finished reading the book Flashforward last weekend. You know, the book with the awesome premise that's being made into a TV show.

Well, here's the trailer for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25kXHgWg938&feature=related

The first trailer I watched was meh, and then the first actual clip from the show I watched made it look bad, but this second trailer has got me back on board.

I can already tell they changed a LOT from the book: there's a bunch of new characters, it doesn't look like it takes place mostly in Europe (or at all), the time jump was for 2 minutes 17 seconds as opposed to 1 minute 43 seconds, and it was only 6 months forward instead of 21 years.

Most of those changes make sense for the process of adapting it for TV, especially since I know some other plot points which will allow them to continue the show for many years to come that they didn't take advantage of in the book, and will be a lot easier to if the jump is only 6 months forward.

Basically, this will be my new Lost.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1364 on: 22 May 2009, 03:12:30 »

Still haven't seen Boondock Saints, but I'm pretty sure that's a bad comparison.

Well maybe not. I don't care.

And it's THE Boondock Saints and also pppbbffft.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1365 on: 22 May 2009, 03:22:49 »

I don't care.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1366 on: 22 May 2009, 03:24:19 »

pppbbffft.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1367 on: 22 May 2009, 03:25:04 »

I
know

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1368 on: 24 May 2009, 05:04:10 »

I ended up downloading the rest of Arrested Development because I couldn't wait cheaped out heard the quality of the DVD set wasn't too good. Fortunately the quality of the downloads is quite good and I'm having a fun run through of season 2.

My cousins suggested to me Weeds and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia which I will be watching later. My cousin did tell me that IASIP's humor was similar to The Venture Bros in that since both shows make fun of assholes, it'd be more funny if you dealed with them on a daily basis.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1369 on: 24 May 2009, 05:14:04 »

Huh, I never thought of comparing The Venture Bros. to Always Sunny, but I'd definitely say if you like Venture Bros, you'll definitely like Always Sunny. I don't think it would necessarily work in reverse.

Weeds is fantastic. Watch it, there's no way you won't like it.

And what's wrong with the DVD set quality of Arrested Development? Aside from the fact that the third season is kind of just a regular DVD case.

P.S. I know I watch too many shows when I've seen every one you mentioned in that post in their entirety.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1370 on: 24 May 2009, 05:32:56 »

Well the crossed out text is probably more accurate to my reasons but I just read like a few reviews saying that the video quality wasn't too different from downloading a torrent.

Cool to hear your opinion on those shows though, I definately heard some good things about Weeds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1371 on: 24 May 2009, 11:22:51 »

Yeah, and Always Sunny is my personal pick for funniest show on the air right now, even thought it's between seasons and not technically AIRING right now.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1372 on: 25 May 2009, 01:58:53 »

I couldn't get into Venture Bros.

I hate the Bros.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1373 on: 25 May 2009, 04:56:11 »

I think they're amazingly enjoyable and likeable for characters that are meant to be annoying. I always thought they pulled them off really well.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1374 on: 25 May 2009, 17:28:35 »

I couldn't get into Venture Bros.

I hate the Bros.

You STINK.

So yeah. Started watching How I Met Your Mother.

I think Barney/NPH is the only good reason to watch it though, haha.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1375 on: 25 May 2009, 19:26:00 »

Then you're leaving out Jason Segel and Alyson Hannigan.

I don't really like the guy who plays Ted. I always forget his name, anyway. And Cobie Smulders (Robin) is meh.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1376 on: 27 May 2009, 07:13:22 »

I like them all.

You guys're stupids.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1377 on: 28 May 2009, 04:36:24 »

Preaching to the choir, Mikey.

Anyway, thanks to this amazing site I found, I get to watch all of these awesome shows. Easily. VERY easily. So. Yeah. Terminator: SCC. Good stuff. Watched 7 eps in one day.

Summer Glau <3

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1378 on: 28 May 2009, 07:03:43 »

Surf The Channel, maybe?

I've read Terminator was cancelled for next year and I've heard it wasn't. I'm hoping for the latter but it's probably the former, unfortunately.

I honestly don't think Summer Glau is all that. She really weirds me out, a combo of her big forehead, eyes, and the way her character is. I find Lena Headly or whatever, Sarah Connor, to be really #####ing smoking though.

I recently finally got the first season on DVD, and while the little circle doodad that keeps the third disc in place is broken I'm glad I got it. That said, I still haven't actually sat down to watch them again. But I'm definitely gonna get season 2 on DVD.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1379 on: 28 May 2009, 15:28:38 »

Yeah, it was cancelled. Fox chose to keep Dollhouse instead.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1380 on: 28 May 2009, 22:28:21 »

That was stupid of them.

Hopefully DVD sales or something will bring it back. That happens with Fox sometimes. #####ing hate Fox. Why anyone puts their shows on Fox unless they have to is beyond me because it's like OBVIOUS you've got to annihilate ratings in your first season or you're going down. Whether or not people actually like the show doesn't matter to them, since #####ty shows keep going on Fox all the time, while viewers complain that the good shows got cancelled.

Remember Andy Rictor Controls the Universe? Remember Greg the Bunny?

This coupled with the phenom that is Fox News makes me wonder how anyone still even watches Fox. I can only presume that they have made a deal with seventeen devils and the horsehead nebula.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1381 on: 28 May 2009, 22:32:11 »

Heard they were canceled too.

Surf The Channel, maybe?

TV Links. Thanks for the site though. It'll come in handy as a backup or something.

Anyway, it looks like I'm missing a few things from the show. Like how Silverman was thrown in the institution, but appeared in T3.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1382 on: 28 May 2009, 22:34:59 »

Didn't TV-Links get shut down? This must be a new one.

Anyway as far as the show goes, there is no T3. Didn't happen. Won't happen.

Also, remember that T3 happened in 2004, and the show is 2007+.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1383 on: 28 May 2009, 22:36:25 »

I used to use alluc.org. I had to have someone point out to be just recently that it should be pronounced "All You See" and not like some bastardized spelling of my name.

Amidst all these cancellations, I'm just glad that Chuck made it. NBC kept delaying their decision, too! It was hell.

But Fox... oh, god.

Arrested Development is still their biggest offense in my book, even though I didn't watch it when it aired and it did wrap up nicely. I'm sure other people will argue Firefly. And everyone knows the ONLY reason Fox chose to keep Dollhouse on the air was to basically say "See? We don't want to just cancel another Joss Whedon show!" And then they'll cancel it next year. I'm already calling that.

But yeah, Fox is ridiculous and everyone knows it.

Remember Andy Rictor Controls the Universe? Remember Greg the Bunny?

Glad you've seen those. Huge Andy Richter fan, though I still haven't seen any of Andy Barker, PI. And yeah, Greg the Bunny was way cool.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1384 on: 28 May 2009, 22:40:08 »

This just makes me think even more that for me to get into a show and to fully like it, it somehow has to be canceled first.

Didn't TV-Links get shut down? This must be a new one.

Yep. New one.

Anyway as far as the show goes, there is no T3. Didn't happen. Won't happen.

Also, remember that T3 happened in 2004, and the show is 2007+.

Forgot T3 was in 04. Well, #####'s cleared up for me now.

BUT WAIT--

In the opening sequence, Sarah Connor says Skynet sent back machines "one to kill him, one to protect him"! WHY IS SKYNET PROTECTING JOHN CONNOR!? I just blew this case WIIIIDE open.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1385 on: 28 May 2009, 22:44:25 »

I didn't mention Arrested Development only because it made it beyond one season, but yeah for sure. And Futurama as well, obviously.

And that's the exactly feeling I have about their decision on Dollhouse. More annoyingly, Terminator didn't have a wrap up ending so I thought it had just been already decided that it'd return.

I used alluc a bit but it's really unorganized now and that doesn't work for me.

... I meant to check the spelling of "Richter"...

My friend said he recently checked out some stuff the Greg The Bunny people did for Spike or HBO or something like that, and that it was really good.

BUT WAIT--

In the opening sequence, Sarah Connor says Skynet sent back machines "one to kill him, one to protect him"! WHY IS SKYNET PROTECTING JOHN CONNOR!? I just blew this case WIIIIDE open.

Hmmmmmm good catch. I guess they #####ed up a bit there. But the machine that they use to send them back is a Skynet design anyway soo....

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1386 on: 28 May 2009, 22:50:01 »

I didn't even realize you spelled Richter wrong, haha.

And yeah, Futurama is another huge one I forgot. Fox is really weird with this crap. They seem to attract a lot of great shows and then kill them off with no regard.

I haven't seen Greg the Bunny is SO long. I feel like rewatching some of that.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1387 on: 28 May 2009, 22:55:23 »

Same here, saaaammmme here.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1388 on: 2 June 2009, 04:34:08 »

Okay, so, for everyone who was wondering:

Breaking Bad just WON television.

Turns out it was a game after all.

And Breaking Bad just won.

Posted on: 31 May 2009, 23:05:09

Oh, and live action Aqua Teen Hunger Force was weird.

Weeds season 5 premieres tonight! Cool beans!

Posted on:  1 June 2009, 16:56:52

Okay, crap, it's NEXT Monday.

Posted on:  1 June 2009, 16:58:54

Time for CONAN!

goddamn somebody else post here please

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1389 on: 2 June 2009, 04:42:51 »

OH ##### I FORGOT HE'S ON TONIGHT.

Too bad I do not have cable in my room.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1390 on: 2 June 2009, 04:47:59 »

DARN IT JOHN, DELETE YOUR POST NOW. I WANTED TO SEE WHAT ASR WOULD DO IF NO ONE POSTED.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1391 on: 2 June 2009, 04:56:47 »

Nope.
I care too much about Conan to ignore that I forgot.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1392 on: 2 June 2009, 05:27:28 »

Yeah, Chaos, you're losing face for not making your post about how excited you are for Conan's return!

Which is really good so far, by the way.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1393 on: 2 June 2009, 17:46:32 »

You know I don't watch TV. My level of excitement is at 0.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1394 on: 2 June 2009, 18:10:41 »

What are you talking about you doof?

The Tonight show with Conan O'Brien!

Jay Leno is done, Conan took over, it's on NBC.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1395 on: 2 June 2009, 21:38:22 »

Jay Leno's not done, he just has an earlier bedtime.

And seriously, Chaos, you're only losing more face by saying you don't watch TV.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1396 on: 2 June 2009, 21:59:02 »

Conan is awesome but for whatever reason I never watch him.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1397 on: 2 June 2009, 22:06:26 »

Same. I barely ever watch him but whenever I do, I'm pleased. I'm going to make an effort to watch a little more often, at least for these first few months at the earlier timeslot.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1398 on: 2 June 2009, 23:30:50 »

I watch him if I'm up late and remember that he exists.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1399 on: 3 June 2009, 04:22:32 »

I will admit I like the guy, but I refuse to watch TV. It's not part of my lifestyle.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string