MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 01:56:58
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print
Author Topic: Matricians: What are you watching?  (Read 512167 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1250 on: 24 March 2009, 21:48:56 »

For a while I figured that was just dumb kid Hiro in the future being a naive kid and on the wrong side but that got quelled. Not entirely sure that future exists anymore since Villains is over.

It is, actually.

Don't say that. I don't want to start watching again, haha.

So don't.

It's not great yet, just better. If you're determined to not like it then you'll probably be successful haha.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1251 on: 24 March 2009, 21:56:36 »

I'm not determined to do anything. If I like something, I like it. If I don't, I don't.

Except for several exceptions. Like anything with Dane Cook, most things with Shia LeBouf, etc.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1252 on: 24 March 2009, 21:57:53 »

In which cases you are justified.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1253 on: 24 March 2009, 22:05:30 »

I like Transformers and I, Robot and Constantine. And there was once a funny joke in Even Stevens. Once.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1254 on: 24 March 2009, 22:12:33 »

I didn't like Transformers much and I didn't remember Shia being in I, Robot. But I haven't watched that since it was in theaters.

I hated Even Stevens even as a kid.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1255 on: 24 March 2009, 22:17:32 »

He's the kid who swears. He's in the movie like twice.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1256 on: 24 March 2009, 22:19:25 »

Well, he's still dumb. I still loathe him for invading the world of Indiana Jones. Though the movie would've done bad without him anyway.

The best part was the refrigerator and even that was off.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1257 on: 24 March 2009, 22:21:11 »

Didn't see new Indy.

OH by the way I recently watched seasons 1 and 2 of the new Spidey show; The Spectacular Spider-Man.

It's actually pretty #####ing good. I love it.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1258 on: 26 March 2009, 06:58:40 »

Lost tonight... was... well, I like Sayid, so it was an interesting episode, but it felt off. Basically after it ended all I cared about was the ending. Still a solid episode.

SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE HARDBALL, TOO, HAHA:
[spoiler]I don't know what the rules are about showing kids dying on-screen, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of them. Even in Hardball they couldn't actually show Baby-G get shot... so I was really surprised that this just happened not only on TV, but NETWORK TV. Not that it bothers me at all, it's just I didn't think they could do that.

Regardless, we all know Ben has to live so, yeah, I guess they got away with it because he's not really dead.[/spoiler]

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1259 on: 26 March 2009, 22:13:39 »

Finished off the second season of Spectacular Spidey, VERY good. Ending was muy bueno. There's also foreshadowing of Carnage in the next season, and some say even Scorpion and Hobgobby will make an appearance.

I'm stoked for the next season.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1260 on: 26 March 2009, 22:16:39 »

Yeah Scorpion and Hobgoblin are set for season 3, and Carnage references at least.

But the next season is temporary hiatus because of Teen Titans season 5 or something.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1261 on: 26 March 2009, 22:19:36 »

UMM. WAT?

Teen Titans was canceled, and last I remembered season 5 was completed. They better not be bringing it back..

LOL BANDWAGON
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1262 on: 26 March 2009, 23:10:03 »

Man, I actually really like that show. Spect. Spiderman I mean. I'm glad you guys posted about it. I was watching them on youtube though, haha. I've seen the first 20 episodes.

Everyone I talk to about it doesn't like it, they say it doesn't compare to The Animated Series, and they don't like the animation. I thought that was especially weird, because the animation is one thing I really like about it. I don't like the drawing style so much—mainly the eyes—but that's okay. I also like the voice acting for the most part. There were stupid parts where I was laughing my ass off, but overall I like it.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1263 on: 27 March 2009, 00:09:46 »

To me, the show is as good as TAS. I like the animation and the art style, it grows on you over time, and they get respect for making a new, original Spidey theme that's pretty catchy.

In the third season however, I really hope they plan to off Gwen, they probably won't because it's not as dark as TAS. But I think it would be a perfect for Carnage to off her, he's the perfect one to do it, and I've had enough of Goblin for now.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1264 on: 27 March 2009, 01:06:42 »

Everyone I talk to about it doesn't like it, they say it doesn't compare to The Animated Series, and they don't like the animation. I thought that was especially weird, because the animation is one thing I really like about it. I don't like the drawing style so much—mainly the eyes—but that's okay. I also like the voice acting for the most part. There were stupid parts where I was laughing my ass off, but overall I like it.

They are idiots. I love The Animated Series to death, but it's actually VERY wrong. This one is a lot closer while still being updated. And the animation is great in this new show. The actual ANIMATION I mean, not the design style. But I also really dig the design style, which is done by Sean/Shawn Galloway ("Cheeks") who did the designs of Hellboy Animated and used to do Titans Go! (the comic based on the Teen Titans cartoon) covers for a while.

UMM. WAT?

Teen Titans was canceled, and last I remembered season 5 was completed. They better not be bringing it back..

This is true, however they are doing a rerun of it on Cartoon Network this year and, but that info about a hiatus I got on Spectacular Spider-Man has now been completely without-a-trace removed from where I first read it. :/

But I think it would be a perfect for Carnage to off her, he's the perfect one to do it, and I've had enough of Goblin for now.

No. How would that be perfect at all? Carnage wouldn't give a ##### about Gwen, and it just wouldn't make sense. Venom I could MAYBE see but even then I think that would be bad. It's pretty much got to be GG, I think. I can't imagine anyone else doing it and having it be decent.

Lost tonight... was... well, I like Sayid, so it was an interesting episode, but it felt off. Basically after it ended all I cared about was the ending. Still a solid episode.

SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE HARDBALL, TOO, HAHA:
[spoiler]I don't know what the rules are about showing kids dying on-screen, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of them. Even in Hardball they couldn't actually show Baby-G get shot... so I was really surprised that this just happened not only on TV, but NETWORK TV. Not that it bothers me at all, it's just I didn't think they could do that.

Regardless, we all know Ben has to live so, yeah, I guess they got away with it because he's not really dead.[/spoiler]

Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhmmmm well I read this before watching the episode but it doesn't matter. Anyway I think they did that in Hardball for effect, not because they couldn't, but because you have the whole scene go on and you don't see him until it pans over there. If they just showed it happen it would be a completely different scene, so I think it was a directorial decision. I've seen lots of other movies or TV or TV-movies where kids get shot.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1265 on: 27 March 2009, 02:28:38 »

Man, I spoiled that for you? Lame.

But yeah, I guess I've been wrong about that.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1266 on: 27 March 2009, 02:48:56 »

But I think it would be a perfect for Carnage to off her, he's the perfect one to do it, and I've had enough of Goblin for now.

No. How would that be perfect at all? Carnage wouldn't give a ##### about Gwen, and it just wouldn't make sense. Venom I could MAYBE see but even then I think that would be bad. It's pretty much got to be GG, I think. I can't imagine anyone else doing it and having it be decent.

The only reason Cassidy's perfect for the job is because he's insane, Venom couldn't do it because Brock is really close to Gwen in the story, though he almost did it in the first season so I don't know about him.

Even though Gob's the original Gwen chucker, he was already the villain for the season 2 finale. Carnage may be the season 3 final villain, and if he is, I want something big to happen, and while Gwen dying may not be the best idea, I certainly want to see it happen.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1267 on: 27 March 2009, 02:56:25 »

Man, I spoiled that for you? Lame.

My fault. There was a tag.

The only reason Cassidy's perfect for the job is because he's insane, Venom couldn't do it because Brock is really close to Gwen in the story, though he almost did it in the first season so I don't know about him.

Even though Gob's the original Gwen chucker, he was already the villain for the season 2 finale. Carnage may be the season 3 final villain, and if he is, I want something big to happen, and while Gwen dying may not be the best idea, I certainly want to see it happen.

I'm thinking if they have it it will be much later, when Norman is back or Harry is Goblin II. Although this show has wasted no time before getting to stuff from comics and such like the alien costume (which I figured would have been a "wait until season 2 at LEAST" kind of thing) and getting MJ in there.

Cassidy is insane, so he wouldn't set up the whole Gwen scheme in the first place. She'd just be dead for the gits and shiggles.

Brock is lost, he they don't care about anyone but Spider-Man now and will use Gwen to get to him.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1268 on: 27 March 2009, 03:06:46 »

I'm thinking if they have it it will be much later, when Norman is back or Harry is Goblin II.

The suck thing is--
[spoiler]They didn't even wait 5 minutes after Norman got blown up to reveal that he's completely fine.[/spoiler]

Although this show has wasted no time before getting to stuff from comics and such like the alien costume (which I figured would have been a "wait until season 2 at LEAST" kind of thing) and getting MJ in there.

For me it wasn't too much of a big thing, I guess they followed TAS and decided to reveal it quickly.

Cassidy is insane, so he wouldn't set up the whole Gwen scheme in the first place. She'd just be dead for the gits and shiggles.

Obviously. He'd just be chucking her with no scheme at all though. Either that or he'd cut her up on the spot, which would ruin the whole thing so ##### that.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1269 on: 27 March 2009, 03:26:15 »

DON'T SAY GOB

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOB

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1270 on: 27 March 2009, 03:39:01 »

Yeah, the Green Goblin, who was made before GOB. So suck on it.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1271 on: 27 March 2009, 03:49:58 »

Then call him The Green Goblin.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1272 on: 27 March 2009, 04:13:01 »

For me it wasn't too much of a big thing, I guess they followed TAS and decided to reveal it quickly.

I figured if they were going to have Liz and Gwen in a show for once, they might take a little more time.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1273 on: 27 March 2009, 14:21:46 »

I've REALLY liked The Office for the past few weeks. This is a good, fresh direction they're heading in. I love how they have someone now who is essentially a real professional that doesn't understand why everyone acts the way they do.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1274 on: 28 March 2009, 00:55:04 »

The Office seems funnier when people are talking about it. Even when I've seen the episode and talking with them, then it's funnier. I do find the show funny but for whatever reason I just can't get into it and don't really care.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1275 on: 28 March 2009, 01:36:45 »

The Office is the type of humor that you look back on later and laugh a LOT harder than you did watching. Or at least, that's how it is in my case.

I still really like watching it, though.

Delta
Metall

« Reply #1276 on: 28 March 2009, 18:41:13 »

24 - I like it because it's intense, even if it's getting somewhat repetitious and less thought out.

Battlestar Galactica - sadly, it's now over, but only just recently!  One of the best shows on TV by far.

Breaking Bad - a decent show.  Interesting plot, which I won't spoil for anyone who doesn't watch it.

Family Guy - everyone should be required to watch this and become less sensitive. 

Heroes - a decent show.  Same as Breaking Bad but for different reasons.

House - I love this show.  House is my hero.  It was recommended to me by someone who thought I was kind of like him.

Lost - Not as intense as 24, but still you don't know what's going to happen next.  Not as good now as in the first few seasons, though.

Smallville - I don't know why I'm still watching this.  I was hoping season 7 would be the last, but no...  The only good thing about it are the good looking people who appear on it from time to time.  Due to my obsession with completeness, I have to continue watching it until it ends.  Hopefully this season will be it.

The Office - it's great.

I have a list of other shows I'm supposed to watch eventually, including The Shield, Extras, Entourage, Terminator - the Sarah Connor Chronicles and The Wire.  Also, I watch Star Wars - The Clone Wars, Stargate: Atlantis and Rescue Me when they're running.

Delta
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1277 on: 28 March 2009, 19:05:01 »

I enjoyed Extras, but it got kind of boring after a while and it's nowhere near as good as The Office. Still good.

Please don't ever compare Heroes to Breaking Bad again. If anything can be compared to Breaking Bad, it's Weeds, which shares a similar premise despite being much more comedy-based. I still have to finish Breaking Bad, but yeah, it's outstanding. Bryan Cranston is a great actor.

Family Guy is hardly that offensive. It just thinks it is. But yeah, I no longer have anything against it, because it is funny.

I heard The Wire is great. I doubt I'll watch it, though. You'll like Entourage - everyone seems to.

In the world of Alec:

- finished my Futurama marathon last week
- been watching Undeclared on/off lately, I don't like it as much as I thought I would
- just started Season 2 of Six Feet Under, great stuff
- just started watching 30 Rock, over halfway done with the first season... it's pretty funny. I like it.
- still have to finish Breaking Bad S1 and catch up with S2
- still have to finish Californication S2
- download Rocko's Modern Life... haha
- downloading every Comedy Central Presents EVER. 35.5GB, babies.

Delta
Metall

« Reply #1278 on: 28 March 2009, 19:19:35 »

Please don't ever compare Heroes to Breaking Bad again.

Haha!  I compare them not in plot or anything like that, but how much I like them overall.  But isn't Breaking Bad great?  It's so ... unrealistically realistic, or something.  It was aptly named.

Family Guy is hardly that offensive. It just thinks it is. But yeah, I no longer have anything against it, because it is funny.

Then you are wise.  There are many people who find it offencive because they would rather live in ignorance and prance through fields of tulips than expand their horizons a little bit. 

Delta
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1279 on: 28 March 2009, 20:37:29 »

Whereas I think it's a lot of stupid animation acting as a sort of hastily-applied glue to allow a random series of sometimes but not always entertaining jokes to be riffed off in rapid succession by someone who isn't actually funny himself, but when he steals from funny people then he can be kinda funny but for the most part he's annoying.

As much as I hate it I still watch an episode once in a good long while; I fear it may damage my already ridiculously fragile intellect if I watch the show for extended periods of time.
Delta, however, has so much brain I'm sure he has an entire section dedicated just for such fry-ups.

I really only ever watch TV anymore when other people have it on, but recently I have been watching some:
House - Same reason Delta mentioned it
Life - The plot is good and the main character is entertaining and also probably voices the moose on the Learning Channel, which brings me to
Peep and the Big Wide World - oh my god why is this show so amazing
The Office - Has been great every time I've seen it.
Mythbusters - but i did not even need to say this because if you don't watch it your soul is dead and if you think you don't have one then this is why
Good Eats - Mr. Wizard with a kitchen and lots and lots of food but not so much budget

Oh them all, House is my favorite show, mostly because House can get away with being the kind of person that I would like to be but couldn't because I do not work in a hospital and when I try to cure people it does not work so well. You might say I am good at uncuring people, though.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1280 on: 28 March 2009, 20:38:55 »

People who honestly find Family Guy offensive haven't watched much television, apparently. Things like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are miles more offensive, and if we're talking strictly animation, stuff like Drawn Together has pushed the limits way further than Family Guy ever has or will.

And yeah, Breaking Bad is fantastic. I love how in the first episode,
(Possible spoilers:)
[spoiler]when they show that scene at the beginning and then flash back, I thought that was going to be at the end of the SEASON due to how crazy it was and everything would build up to it... instead, we get that climax right at the end of the same episode, and things just get even crazier from then on out.[/spoiler]

So, yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Delta
Metall

« Reply #1281 on: 29 March 2009, 03:12:12 »

Delta, however, has so much brain I'm sure he has an entire section dedicated just for such fry-ups.

Whether this is true or not, I had to take a nap after watching all eight episodes of Salad Fingers in a row (check it up on YouTube).  They were great, though.

My fear for Breaking Bad is that it could just die as a series, unless the writers/creators have a few plot twists in mind.  (If you haven't watched the second season, ASR, then you may not want to read what I have to say next.)  [spoiler]Otherwise, it could just be the same thing over and over again: he and ... his former student (I really never remember names from TV shows) will cook a new batch of meth, get into trouble, his family becomes more suspicious, they narrowly escape getting caught, repeat.[/spoiler]

Delta
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1282 on: 29 March 2009, 03:15:26 »

Salad Fingers is some old Newgrounds trash, isn't it?
If it's what I remember, it made sense to me... but then so did discrete mathematics.
That's not to say I did well.
Because I didn't.
A lot.

People who honestly find Family Guy offensive haven't watched much television

Pretty sure this isn't directed at me; but just to clarify, I don't find it offensive. I just like to get my repetitive random stupidity quota filled with flash loops.
On the whole a more entertaining thing.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1283 on: 29 March 2009, 03:26:20 »

Salad Fingers is... terribly odd old Newgrounds trash, yes.

And no, I wasn't talking to you, Chorn.

And I haven't even finished Season 1 of Breaking Bad yet.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1284 on: 30 March 2009, 01:22:41 »

House is one of the only shows on TV right now that I actually mind when it ends. Other shows I'll be like "OK" or "Well can't wait for next week" at best, but with House and a couple others I feel very much that I wish it wasn't over.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1285 on: 30 March 2009, 01:25:26 »

I like House.
I just watched the one with the obese 10 year old girl.
season 1.

decent episode.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1286 on: 30 March 2009, 01:41:57 »

It only gets better.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1287 on: 30 March 2009, 01:58:58 »

I'm borrowing season 3 from my girlfriend.

Haven't seen any of season 2, and I watched some season 5 online.

Season one is like this.
Or not.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2009, 07:09:38 by Johncarllos » Logged

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1288 on: 31 March 2009, 01:58:26 »

Great episode of House tonight chock full of Mos Def (Yah!) and close ups of Olivia Wilde's incredibly gorgeous face (Hoo hoo!), plus a tiny Heroes reference (Aha.) in a one-liner.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1289 on: 31 March 2009, 02:07:13 »

I've got to do a run of House sometime.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1290 on: 31 March 2009, 03:11:42 »

Heroes tonight was actually a really good episode.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1291 on: 31 March 2009, 04:01:31 »

Yeah, though it felt like they'd skipped an episode or something for a bit.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1292 on: 1 April 2009, 06:13:06 »

I just started watching Arrested Development and It's my favorite TV show right now (though I dont watch much tv). I'm on episode 5 though I want to try to hold off downloading them because I want to buy the DVD while it's in a reasonable price. I still havent got to finishing season 2 of House and there's a bunchofshowsI'veneverseen yetandarghghghgh

where have i been
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1293 on: 1 April 2009, 06:25:52 »

Arrested Development just keeps getting better as you watch it. It's all the call-forwards, I think. And then that adds a crazy new dimension of enjoyment when you watch it all again.

Definitely worth a purchase, bro.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1294 on: 1 April 2009, 18:28:11 »

I've been wanting to re-watch it all but at the same time I kind of did that recently so I want to hold off.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1295 on: 1 April 2009, 18:47:09 »

I'm going to do it over the summer. I keep getting urges to marathon it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1296 on: 1 April 2009, 18:53:05 »

SAME HERE.

We should webcam and do it, haha.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1297 on: 1 April 2009, 21:35:56 »

Totally.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1298 on: 2 April 2009, 02:59:22 »

Totes m'gotes.

Lost tonight... [spoiler]I don't think I'll ever like Kate but I at least see why people say she's "so hot". But that's off the island fully made up stuff, and almost any girl with decent bone structure can be really hot with makeup, let alone studio make up. Whatever, I'm far more Team Juliet than Team Kate.

Other than that, nothing really surprising in the main chunk of it, in my opinion. Kind of obvious things that just needed to be said. I'm surprised at how dumb Hurley can be about time travel. I expect people who read the awesomest comics like Y: The Last Man to be smarter! I'm liking Miles more even though no one in the 70's notices his 21st century wrist watch.

Missed how that girl that knew Kate also knew Sawyer (other than the fact that have boned at least one) 'cause I was cooking lasagna and missed a bit (totally worth it).[/spoiler]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1299 on: 2 April 2009, 04:43:14 »

I totally absent-mindedly click Spoiler and then I was like "OH NO THAT SAYS LOOOOST TOOOONIGHT I HAVEN'T WATCH IT YET" and then I immediately closed the page, clicking Alt+F4 like a madman.

And also accidentally closed my download of Lost.

So lame.

EDIT: Watched it now.
[spoiler]About the girl Kate and Sawyer know: Sawyer knows Cassidy because... well, they've covered that on numerous occasions. A couple of Sawyer's flashback episodes involved her. I think her first episode was in Season 2. They had a pretty long relationship that was basically Sawyer teaching her how to con and scam and all that, but in the end it was all just a scheme for him to get the money. I remember that Kate met her but I don't remember the whole story there. I think it was when she was trying to do some sort of con on her own. Also, another episode with her was about Sawyer being in jail, and she came to tell him that he had a daughter named Clementine. When he conned his way out of jail, he set up a bank account in her name and gave her the money from the prison con.
It sounded like you forgot or didn't know, so, yeah, there.

Anyway, as for the episode... meh. Kate was definitely looking good in the grocery store, yes. But I never really found her to be anything special looks-wise, yeah. I mean, she's attractive, yeah, but when it comes to celebrities (if she even counts) you're allowed to be more picky than you'd be in real life.

ANYWAY, AS FOR THE EPISODE. I've never been a fan of Kate. So, I wasn't looking forward to this episode since I knew it was centric to her. But it wasn't as bad as I'd thought. Miles is a cool dude, I've been waiting for him to get some more screentime. And I think Hurley GOT time travel, but he had already formed his own idea about the situation and was having a hard time understanding the differences.

I like how if Jack had saved Ben, he WOULDN'T have been evil, or at least that's what's implied. I mean, yeah, I know that was never supposed to happen or ever would have, I get that that's the point, but that's still pretty cool. I like where they're going with the whole Ben thing. Very interested in that.

Also, Ben looked surprised to see Locke alive. Or I don't know.

More excited for next week. Ben-centric.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 2 April 2009, 07:27:19 by ASR » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string