MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 00:54:12
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print
Author Topic: Matricians: What are you watching?  (Read 512602 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1200 on: 4 March 2009, 03:48:52 »

I've heard it's just "Cyclops and Wolverine switch roles".

But it's animated and written really badly so I won't be peeping the asshead again.

Haha, "asshead", my animation prof said that today.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1201 on: 5 March 2009, 03:11:30 »

Lost felt really nice tonight. This is the first time all season I've been able to watch it as it aired, haha.

But yeah, the only adjective I can think of is "nice." It was a great episode, much better than last week's (which was overly hyped and definitely overrated.)

I just felt really good throughout the whole episode, like I could totally trust the show from now 'till the end of the series to keep me happy.

...but seriously, guys, where the ##### are Rose and Bernard?

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1202 on: 5 March 2009, 03:17:45 »

Heroes, where the hell are Hiro and Ando?

Is Hiro rebel?

who wat wat i confused.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1203 on: 7 March 2009, 02:21:13 »

I hope he's not. I'm sure he's not.
Actually he's starting to really annoy me. He assumes he's like the ultimate #####ing hero and that kind of assuming assheadedness gets on my nerves. I like motorcycley Ando a lot more than Hiro right now.

Lost was alright, ASR. I don't think it was that great either way but was "nice", yes. I did like the last episode a lot at the time but right now I can't really remember why. I think that just happens to me with Lost episodes though.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1204 on: 7 March 2009, 03:51:24 »

I think the word I should've used was "warm." I still don't know why it evoked that, though.

Also, statue equal'd awesome.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1205 on: 7 March 2009, 17:20:46 »

I didn't notice any statue jargon. Did it loose a finger or toe or whatever?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1206 on: 7 March 2009, 18:13:12 »

Statue stuff:
[spoiler]They saw the statue right before the final jump to Dharma times. It was really tall and facing the ocean so they only saw the back of it, and the trees were blocking the bottom of the statue, but it should be obvious that it was the full statue of that four-toed one Sayid saw forever ago.

First time:

Second time:

Looks Egyptian. Anubis only has four toes, apparently, like a dog.

We have no idea how far back in time they were when they saw it.
[/spoiler]

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1207 on: 7 March 2009, 21:09:54 »

Time travel?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1208 on: 7 March 2009, 21:19:10 »

Yeah,
[spoiler]the island's been jumping through time and such. Or, rather, the people ON the island. Or something. But that's all done with now. Kind of.

Some of the cast is in 1977 and some of 'em are in 2008. I have no idea how they're going to reunite.[/spoiler]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1209 on: 8 March 2009, 19:00:50 »

I totally forget who's left in 2008 that's important other than Des.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1210 on: 8 March 2009, 19:27:38 »

I'm pretty sure everyone on the Ajira plane is in 2008. Including Locke, Ben, and Frank. Not sure about Sayid and Sun.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1211 on: 8 March 2009, 19:36:08 »

I figured they landed in the same time but elsewhere on the island, but that's interesting.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1212 on: 8 March 2009, 20:04:35 »

Well, during one of the time-jumps (with the kayaks when it was raining and people were shooting at them) they saw some supplies or water bottles or something with the Ajira Airlines logo on 'em. And I remember that jump being further in the future or something. I connected the dots and assumed that it was 2008 after the Ajira plane crashed.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1213 on: 8 March 2009, 21:44:03 »

I believe you. Mostly because you watch the show like a stalker and because I can't get into it enough to connect dots myself. That's actually THEIR job.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1214 on: 9 March 2009, 00:08:04 »

Yeah, I really don't get how casual viewers have any idea what's going on in the show. You have to be really devoted and really pay attention to catch everything, and lately it's not just to catch more subtle plot-points, it applies to the major current plot. It's really easy to miss things.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1215 on: 9 March 2009, 00:30:23 »

No it isn't, you can get everything just fine, I'm only missing things like the statue because I didn't watch the early seasons (though I know everything from them) and because I'm usually doing something else while watching it.

You can get the main plot and even the sub-plot things, the only thing you can possibly miss is very small references like the statue that usually don't have any real weight yet anyway. I find a lot of people OVER analyze the show and that's what I hate about it. It's just a TV show and The Beatles were just a band.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1216 on: 10 March 2009, 03:04:59 »

Heh. It's complicated enough that my mom has tried to watch it over and over again from the beginning and still cannot for the life of her follow along past Season 1. She eventually gave up and now I just tease her with what's happening right now. She hates all that sci-fi stuff so she got out at the right time, haha.

ANYWAY.

I just wrapped up Season 3 of Dexter so I'm officially up to speed on that. What a GREAT show. I mean it, absolute television gold.

I'm almost done with Season 2 of Californication but I keep putting it off. I'll finish it soon enough.

I just started Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston is fantastic. This show has a LOT of promise. I'm two episodes in and already know it's great. Definitely reccomend this. Apparently the second season just started so I'm gonna' try to catch up quickly.

I'm still slowly watching Friends in small bits of downtime.

Also, every few nights I give myself a large dose of Mr. Show. Love it.

I still haven't watched Series 2 of Big Train or the rest of Black Books, but I'll get around to it.

I'm also watching all of Futurama in order. I've been meaning to do it for a while now since I love the show but haven't seen too much of it overall.

I've had 30 Rock downloaded for a while so I'll start that soon.

Six Feet Under is in the mail, and Undeclared is almost done downloading, so I'll be adding those to the list.

I've also been meaning to run through all of Arrested Development again, but I'm gonna' put that off a little longer.

In addition to this, I'm still watching:
- Scrubs on Tuesdays (when it returns)
- Lost, Demetri Martin, and now South Park on Wednesdays
- The Office and, after catching up, 30 Rock on Thursdays

If you're wondering how or why I watch so much... yeah, you have a point.

I almost always have a show playing these days whenever I have downtime, be it homework or just me chilling in my room. Right now Futurama's on beside this window as I type. I don't really fall asleep easily, so I just watch stuff until I get tired.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1217 on: 11 March 2009, 21:31:31 »

Do you do anything but watch TV shows? I mean I watch a lot but...

Well anyway moms suck at learning anything, really.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1218 on: 11 March 2009, 21:46:22 »

Heroes was a decent episode.
I couldn't help but feel the whole episode was a bit amateur though, there was a scene with Ali Larter that made zero sense.

Anyways, I liked the Grey vs. Grey confrontation.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1219 on: 11 March 2009, 22:11:27 »

Do you do anything but watch TV shows? I mean I watch a lot but...

Ha, yes. I swear. Most of my show-watching takes place between 11PM-4AM. I only really watch during the day if I have absolutely nothing else to do.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1220 on: 12 March 2009, 01:10:26 »

Yeah I usually watch stuff online in bulk when I'm doing work.

No Lost tonight. :-./
With a little beauty mark there.

I forgot to mention that on a channel here they always show the episode from the week previous before the new one, and they show with this little pop-up video-esque bar at the bottom that tells you what all the allusions and "assumed knowledge" things are, even the REALLY irrelevant things. I half expect it to say "Hurley is fat."

But it's cool, I guess. For instance it said that the song playing in the booth when the Dharma guy and the chick are dancing is from the CD that Hurley and Sawyer (I think) found on the island way back when. Useless but I guess it's interesting, first clue they're in the 70's.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1221 on: 12 March 2009, 04:06:49 »

Yeah, they air those weekly as "Enhanced" episodes right before every new episode on ABC here, too. So, every week at 8 you get last week's episode with pop-up info.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1222 on: 12 March 2009, 05:46:09 »

Wasn't sure if they did it there too.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1223 on: 12 March 2009, 06:33:44 »

Yep.

So I have the sudden urge to find and watch that old Comedy Central show "I'm With Busey," which was basically just Gary Busey being #####ing insane and crazy with this one guy, Adam, who idolized him, teaching him lessons about life and stuff.

I remember watching it and thought it was absurd and hilarious like five or six years ago, and someone reminded me of it today and I need to find it. There's bits of some episodes on Youtube but otherwise I've had no luck.

I'm definitely hyping it up in my mind but we all know Busey is crazy-awesome.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1224 on: 12 March 2009, 13:48:52 »

I have that with "Andy Richter controls the universe."

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1225 on: 12 March 2009, 14:48:26 »

Yep.

So I have the sudden urge to find and watch that old Comedy Central show "I'm With Busey," which was basically just Gary Busey being #####ing insane and crazy with this one guy, Adam, who idolized him, teaching him lessons about life and stuff.

I remember watching it and thought it was absurd and hilarious like five or six years ago, and someone reminded me of it today and I need to find it. There's bits of some episodes on Youtube but otherwise I've had no luck.

I'm definitely hyping it up in my mind but we all know Busey is crazy-awesome.

Oh yes, it's still as amazing as it was back then.
I just started watching that not too long ago, when my cousin re-introduced it to me via the "cow inspection" scene.

... it's just... yeah.
Totally worth re-watching.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1226 on: 12 March 2009, 20:27:25 »

I found a torrent, thankfully.

Posted on: 12 March 2009, 17:00:53

New show from the creators of Arrested Development, with a lot of the same cast... also it's a cartoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jloS0lAi1xE&feature=related

It honestly looks pretty good. Looking forward to it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1227 on: 12 March 2009, 21:01:39 »

Yeah I watched I'm With Busey when it was on. It was good. I can't believe some people think it's real though.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1228 on: 13 March 2009, 20:07:08 »

I'm watching through them now. It's great. You can totally tell it's not real since Adam is always laughing even when he's not supposed to be, so yeah, those people are stupid.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1229 on: 13 March 2009, 22:36:19 »

That makes the whole show somehow less awesome.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1230 on: 13 March 2009, 23:20:29 »

He's still a really crazy, eccentric guy. It's just that it's all really exaggerated on the show. He at least acts like this whenever he's on camera, be it Celebrity Fit Club or Entourage, so whether or not he IS crazy is irrelevant since it's the only way we ever see him. Which makes it much more enjoyable.

I love in the Technology episode where they bring out a girl dressed like that Small Wonder girl and they tell Gary it's a robot. He's just so blown away by it.

I'm having way too much fun watching these. Glad I found 'em again.

EDIT: Ahahaha:
"Relationship. That stands for 'Really Exciting Love Affair Turns Into Nightmare Sobriety Hangs In Peril.' That's relationship."
"...what happened to the 'O' in 'relationship'?"
"...........there is no 'O' in 'relationship.'"
"Oh, okay."
« Last Edit: 13 March 2009, 23:30:13 by ASR » Logged

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1231 on: 19 March 2009, 02:05:13 »

"I'm Ben [and I look like I'm taking a dump]."

Pretty obvious but I was wondering if it would happen, so I'm glad it got thrown in.
Was digging the pacified Sawyer for a while but he got dickly again near the end there. Oh well, we'll see.

Still hate Kate.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1232 on: 19 March 2009, 03:03:55 »

GODDAMNIT I STARTED READING YOUR POST THEN STOPPED BECAUSE I REALIZED YOU WERE MAYBE ABOUT TO SPOIL SOMETHING AND I'M TYPING THIS IN THE QUICK REPLY SO IT'S REALLY RISKY BECAUSE MY EYES KEEP DRIFTING UP AND GODDAMN I'LL JUST CLICK POST

EDIT: Watched it finally. Fun episode. Finally saw Radzinsky, which is cool. We'll see how the whole Swan Station project started and maybe even get to see him start working on the blast door map. Maybe we'll see Kelvin again.

Totally called the runway thing. Love Lapitus.

I really like Sawyer now. The dickiness can almost be forgiven especially when you look at that scene and see how it mirrors those old moments when Jack would walk up to Sawyer on the beach, and he'd be sitting and reading in that same position with nothing more than a snide remark for an angry leader-Jack. And now it's leader-Sawyer (kind of.) But yeah, I'd rather him not do that.

Kate's always been lame. A friend of mine is watching through the series right now and all of her favorite characters are opposites of mine, except Charlie and Desmond. Like she loves Jack and Kate, hates Locke.

I've been waiting for Young Ben - I was starting to think maybe he wasn't born yet. It's cool that he's there.

Now I want to know what happened with Faraday.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2009, 14:34:31 by ASR » Logged

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1233 on: 20 March 2009, 02:13:11 »

I didn't spoil anything because it was obvious.
 :/

I like Jack, but Charlie was my favourite. The only character I really don't like is Kate (hate her) and I didn't like Daniel Faraday's girlfriend all that much either anyway. But yeah I'm waiting to see what happened with Faraday.

I love that the asian guy (not Jin, obviously, the newish one) is in the 70's wearing his circa 2008 watch.
:/

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1234 on: 20 March 2009, 19:11:46 »

I'm glad I hate Bones and couldn't even get past a few episodes, but holy ##### is this hilarious:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/exclusive-bones.html

A Bones crossover with Family Guy.

It's real, yes.

I mean, seriously? Hahahaha. This is crazy.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1235 on: 20 March 2009, 19:39:25 »

I just saw that on Facebook.

This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1236 on: 22 March 2009, 17:20:34 »

And I thought the last episode of Family Guy was bad, but adding Bones to that mix? Gosh. It's like trying to make your own Reese's, you just end up ruining perfectly good chocolate and peanut butter.

Except in no way is Bones as good as chocolate or peanut butter.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1237 on: 22 March 2009, 20:26:01 »

You forgot to say the same thing about Family Guy.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1238 on: 23 March 2009, 16:38:39 »

Flight of the Conchords ended last night.

I'm sad.

But I get to see them again in April, live, so s'all good.

It was a good last episode, too.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1239 on: 24 March 2009, 03:02:21 »

You forgot to say the same thing about Family Guy.

No I didn't. Family Guy isn't the ##### but chocolate and peanut butter aren't either so whatever.

Heroes tonight.
Why does an elevator shaft just open up to outside? They usually build the roof over those...

I have no favourite character anymore.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1240 on: 24 March 2009, 03:38:10 »

Micah kind of surprised me.

Also, I thought that Peter would have just flown up to the top floor or something, then gone outside.

Did Tracy wink?
Is she gonna pull a T-1000?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1241 on: 24 March 2009, 03:47:46 »

Okay so...

I started Six Feet Under recently.

Almost done with Season 1.

I have to say that honestly, this show is a real contender for best show I've ever watched. I was totally NOT expecting it to be THIS good, and when I say best, I do actually mean best.

I knew it was supposed to be really good, but I definitely didn't think a show about a family-run funeral home could be THIS interesting.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1242 on: 24 March 2009, 21:05:32 »

Ugh. Six Feet Under. I liked about 2 episodes.

I find it's kind up it's own ass about how "good" it is.

Did Tracy wink?
Is she gonna pull a T-1000?

No, she closed her eye and shed a tear. It was probably a blink like people do when they have tears, but half her face was gone.

Also, I thought that Peter would have just flown up to the top floor or something, then gone outside.

It looked like the elevator shaft just went right outside.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1243 on: 24 March 2009, 21:22:29 »

Maybe.
But I think it was just a tall building.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1244 on: 24 March 2009, 21:26:47 »

So is Heroes getting better? Haha. What a dumb question.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1245 on: 24 March 2009, 21:27:55 »

It is, actually.

Maybe.
But I think it was just a tall building.

Maybe.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1246 on: 24 March 2009, 21:29:16 »

Heroes was getting better for a few episodes.
This episode wasn't as good.

Needs more Sylar.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1247 on: 24 March 2009, 21:30:34 »

I wouldn't say it needs more Sylar since I'm SO off him, but yeah this one wasn't as good as the last few, which were far better than usual.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1248 on: 24 March 2009, 21:31:55 »

It is, actually.

Don't say that. I don't want to start watching again, haha.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1249 on: 24 March 2009, 21:47:24 »

I'm glad that Hiro can somewhat use his powers again.

Anyone else realize that when Ando "killed" Hiro in the future, it became obvious that he may have just boosted his powers a lot?

And now Ando can do a friggin electric Hadouken.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string