MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 22:34:37
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print
Author Topic: Matricians: What are you watching?  (Read 512504 times)
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1100 on: 3 February 2009, 03:01:59 »

I left the TV on for Heroes... and from what I watched... it actually a decent episode.

I'm not gonna' bother catching up (though I did catch the last finale), nor am I going to put forth any real effort to keep up, but I'll admit that this season at least shows some more promise than recent seasons have.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1101 on: 3 February 2009, 22:33:59 »

It's not a season. It's just the last twelve episodes of season 3. It's Volume 4.

It's basically a reboot since Brian Fuller should be back, Jeph Loeb is out, and Tim Kring is going to focus the show a lot better (more character dev, etc). Fuller could probably kick the ##### out of this show and make it as good as in the first season, which he had been involved in as well. Remember, he created Dead Like Me.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1102 on: 3 February 2009, 23:28:37 »

Yep, that's why I gave the episode a shot.

And I meant Volume, not season. Whatever.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1103 on: 4 February 2009, 01:14:24 »

I only mentioned it because other people are saying season all the time too and they'll be surprised at how short that'll be.

Watching a Season 1 rerun of Lost, I think Hurley only got bigger on that island.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1104 on: 5 February 2009, 01:19:09 »

Fifth Element. Hm!

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1105 on: 5 February 2009, 01:21:56 »

Season 1 was the best season of Lost by far. I still think it had the most exciting and gripping pilot episode ever.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1106 on: 5 February 2009, 01:54:30 »

Fifth Element. Hm!

I have that movie but I've never watched it...

I probably should eventually..
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1107 on: 5 February 2009, 02:01:37 »

Season 1 was the best season of Lost by far. I still think it had the most exciting and gripping pilot episode ever.

I've heard that it was, and I've heard that first two seasons are quote "too boring".

The latter is from someone who I refuse to talk to about Lost at this point, though. And reruns of season 1 and 2 I've seen were pretty good. But I'm MUCH more intrested in this show when it's answering things, because honestly last season (or was it the one before?) was getting on my nerves since few things were solved until the very end.

Anyway it's on now so don't talk to me.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1108 on: 5 February 2009, 02:08:01 »

Fifth Element. Hm!

I have that movie but I've never watched it...

I probably should eventually..

What're you waiting for? Huh? What's a matter turkey? Chicken?

*throws chicken taunts at Nova*

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1109 on: 5 February 2009, 02:18:11 »

The Fifth Element is often regarded as either the ##### (which it is) or pretty bad (which it isn't).

You see where I fall on this issue.
Because it's wicked.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1110 on: 5 February 2009, 02:28:45 »

Fifth Element. Hm!

GO NOW, WATCH "THE FIFTH ELEMENT"

Posted on: February 04, 2009, 09:27:51 PM

Don't worry, it's legal.
They put commercials in it.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1111 on: 5 February 2009, 02:33:32 »

I'm pretty sure by posting "Fifth Element. Hm!" he said that he WAS watching it right now.

Add to that that today I saw ads for it being on TV tonight or soon.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1112 on: 5 February 2009, 02:34:21 »

Mike's got it right. Mike's also got the station right, I believe.

LOL BANDWAGON
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1113 on: 5 February 2009, 02:36:17 »

Actually that was meant for Nova.

I screwed up the quote pretty bad.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1114 on: 5 February 2009, 02:37:23 »

Peachtree, right Wind?

Ew. :-(

I'd rather just not watch it than watch it on Peachtree.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1115 on: 5 February 2009, 02:50:39 »

You bet.. I've actually seen TBS ads on Peachtree though, which left me shocked and confused..

Goddamn Peachtree..

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1116 on: 5 February 2009, 21:46:35 »

I've heard that it was, and I've heard that first two seasons are quote "too boring".

Have you not seen the first two seasons? When did you start watching?

But yeah, I saw the pilot when it aired, but then I went back to military school and didn't get to see any of the show again until the next summer. It drove me crazy because I fell in love with the show from the pilot and I was immediately cut off from it. I watched all of season 1 in two nights after I downloaded it, and I've been hooked ever since. I was absolutely blown away.

If you started later in the series, I doubt it'll have the same impact as it did originally when you had no idea what was going on. It's still fun to watch now that you know a lot of the answers, though.

The second season took a completely different shift, and it had one of the biggest fakeouts in television history with the season premiere. I will NEVER forget those first minutes. #####ing took my brain and twisted it.

But yeah, the second season was a LOT different and pretty much threw most of season 1 by the wayside, and instead opened up a whole new batch of questions that pushed away a lot of viewers. I REALLY liked the second season but I can totally see why a lot of people didn't.

The third season answered a #####load of questions but the overall season was weaker.

I almost gave up on the show when I watched Eko's death. That was ridiculous.

Season 4 was fantastic, in my opinion.

And now...

...ha.

Just finished last night's episode. Thanks, internet.

Great episode.

If they keep it up 'till the series ends, we're in for a treat.

On the show as a whole: I totally understand why people drop out or just don't like it. It's gotten a lot more sci-fi oriented recently, and if you miss an episode you're basically #####ed. It's extremely hard for new viewers to get into the show because they have to watch everything from the beginning for it to really work for them.
To me, though, the show just appeals to everything. Certain things just click with my interests and this was one of those. Everything just fell into place for me and I love it.

Posted on:  5 February 2009, 08:17:14

ON ANOTHER NOTE.

I downloaded the complete series of How I Met Your Mother (it took about 5 days) and it just finished this morning. I downloaded it on a whim because I love Neil Patrick Harris and I've always wanted to watch this because he's in it.

So I've watched about 5 episodes now, and it turns out I actually really like this show. Another one added to the list, grah.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1117 on: 5 February 2009, 23:26:32 »

I started watching halfway through season 3, but I've been watching reruns of first season when they're the only thing on and I like some of them better than anything in season 4 which was overall kind of blehful to me until near the end when all the stuff starting coming together finally, whereupon it became good.

This week's How I Met You Mother was great. I almost envy ASR right now, thinking about how much fun he's in for. Like Slap Bet, the goat, "Let's Go To The Mall", glass shattering, and more.

My only problem with that show was all the Canada jokes because while they're funny none of them had any basis in anything close to fact or even misconceptions other than liking hockey (for example there's one joke about 80's only coming to Canada in the 90's) but then my friend Brian pointed out that "That's the best part. Plus I think that actress is Canadian." soooooo I realized the jokes are more of the we're in on it vein and they all became even funnier to me.

MIRACLE!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1118 on: 5 February 2009, 23:56:17 »

Haha, yeah, I've left it running for most of the day as I've been cooped up in my room doing homework. Got through 8 episodes.

Haven't seen any Canada jokes yet, but I'm looking forward to 'em.

EDIT: Ahaha, I had to come back and post because in the first 3 minutes of episode 9, there's a slew of Canada jokes.
« Last Edit: 6 February 2009, 00:13:28 by ASR » Logged

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1119 on: 6 February 2009, 02:38:58 »

They're usually beyond comprehension ridiculous, AKA hilarious.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1120 on: 6 February 2009, 03:51:25 »

"You call your policemen MOUNTIES."

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1121 on: 6 February 2009, 05:50:44 »

Some of them are real-ish.

Mounties aren't regular police. Those are just police.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1122 on: 6 February 2009, 06:20:01 »

I'm almost done with the first season and that was the only episode so far with Canada jokes. I'm hoping for more.

I like how there's a lot of really funny parts where the laugh-track isn't laughing, and I can't help but feel like this show REALLY doesn't need a laugh-track. I don't know who's decision it was.

Anyway, good show. After this season, I'm gonna' watch the first season of Californication, then switch back to Season 2 of HIMYM, then Season 2 of Californication, then Season 3 of HIMYM, then something else, than Season 4 of HIMYM.

Or I dunno. I hate planning things.

Demetri Martin's show airs next Wednesday. I hope it's good. Also new South Park, I believe.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1123 on: 7 February 2009, 01:20:06 »

Queuing up some My Name Is Earl episodes.

:-)

Posted on:  6 February 2009, 01:34:54

So.

Howie Do It really sucks.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1124 on: 7 February 2009, 01:25:48 »

Haha, I still haven't watched that. I still consider him to be on the list of "Actually Cool Celebrities I've Met" with Mandy Moore and Daniel Tosh.

I don't want to have to put him on the other list with Rosie O'Donnel.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1125 on: 7 February 2009, 01:44:58 »

I'm sure he's very cool despite his germophobeness, but the show is basically a fusion of Just For Laughs: Gags and Punk'd.

And it's not really any good. A couple laughs here an there maybe.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1126 on: 7 February 2009, 01:58:38 »

Oh, and before I forget: both Louis C.K. and Flight of the Conchords are coming to Michigan in April, just a week apart each. If I play my cards right, I'll be going to both shows and I'm psyched as hell.

Along with my birthday being in April, that makes it the best month everrrr.

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1127 on: 7 February 2009, 02:49:16 »

It's too bad that Flight of the Conchords will only be hitting Detroit.
I wouldn't mind seeing one of their shows live, but due to the fact I lack a car it probably won't be happening anytime soon. I doubt I'd be able to find somebody to take me on a 6+ hour trip downstate.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1128 on: 7 February 2009, 02:59:50 »

I didn't look at the rest of the shows on the Conchords' tour, but I'm sure they'll be at some other places. Check around.

I'm really excited to see them live. I've seen that old HBO One Night Stand special they did, but I really haven't seen any of their live stuff. I know they're in character for their shows, and that they improv a lot of their dialogue on stage. Which is fantastic.

Oh, and Louis CK... aaaaaah. Yesssss.

Plus, as a DVD collector, you should've seen how happy I was when I get my Daniel Tosh DVD signed... so imagine when Louis CK, one of my actual all-time top favorite comedians (as opposed to, just, well, Daniel Tosh), and Flight of the Conchords, one of my many cult TV obsessions, each sign their respective DVD's WITHIN A WEEK OF EACH OTHER.

The world will explode due to my delight.

Aaaaaand that's all the "fanboy" I allow to leak out per year.

EDIT:

I just realized how similar Terry O'Quinn and Josh Holloway look. That's NEVER occurred to me before.
« Last Edit: 7 February 2009, 03:59:30 by ASR » Logged

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1129 on: 7 February 2009, 07:02:43 »

Ah damn, FotC isn't coming to Ottawa. To Toronto, yes, but I don't know if I want to pay $170 to take the Via Rail to get there...

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1130 on: 7 February 2009, 07:12:35 »

They're coming to Vancouver, but the tickets to that show sold out in literally five seconds (I witnessed the plight of someone trying to secure a few tickets for themselves). How so many people managed to find scripts that type in a captcha for them defeats me.

The root of the problem of course is that there are 16,000 seats for a metropolitan area of 2,000,000 people. And we have lax anti-scalping laws.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1131 on: 8 February 2009, 23:58:45 »

I've been watching too much Dragonball (not Z) for my own good, lately...

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1132 on: 9 February 2009, 00:46:09 »

As long as it doesn't have the Canadian opening, your good.

LOL BANDWAGON
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1133 on: 9 February 2009, 04:16:32 »

It's the latest Funimation translation, as in not censored with the original music and English voice actors.

I'm almost done. I just got to the part where Goku is fighting Piccolo Jr.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1134 on: 9 February 2009, 13:16:29 »

!!!
Awesome!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1135 on: 9 February 2009, 21:42:44 »

I really didn't like last night's episode of Flight of the Conchords.

Jim Gaffigan guest starred and I didn't know what to think of him at first. He wasn't stand-out or terrible, so in the end it was just weird that he was there.

Mel got her own song, and it was bad.

Most of the episode was boring and basically unfunny, and the second song was only decent, and also short.

Season 2 is 2 for 4, then. Second and third episodes were amazing.

Method Man
Noob

« Reply #1136 on: 11 February 2009, 02:00:06 »

How its made... I'm learning how coffee beans are made. Amazing.

-Method
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1137 on: 11 February 2009, 18:37:57 »

I have a hard time believing the Method Man likes Full Metal Alchemist.
Does Ghostface Killah know about this?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1138 on: 11 February 2009, 21:25:52 »

I believe I'm all caught up with How I Met Your Mother now. Good stuff.

Going to get on with Californication.

And then I promised a friend I'd check out Bones. I have no interest in the show, but I figure I'll give it a try.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1139 on: 12 February 2009, 06:44:10 »

While I work, I've been rewatching all of Dead Like Me. And I just capped off the straight-to-DVD movie of it for the first time.

Nope. Didn't like it. I could watch it again, it was really only like a bad episode but... Ugh. No I really didn't like it. It had it's moments that were good and like the show, but no nope nada nyet, it was not good.

Daisy was ruined and I really loved her. No Rube is No Rube and that's Not Right, I don't care how they wrote around it. Not enough of the serious ##### with Joy and Reggie, all that stuff felt phoned in to tie them into it. Some things went against the established rules or similar, it was weird. And fast, everything happened faster than it would in an episode, I felt like. It was all crammed and not right and just an unsettling end to something I really loved.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1140 on: 12 February 2009, 16:17:05 »

Agreed. I enjoyed it because it was another dip into DLM, but I agree with you that it was most certainly not at all very DLM.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1141 on: 12 February 2009, 21:43:18 »

It was like a bad episode.

But there weren't any bad episodes before that.
I almost would rather forget it even though I didn't hate it and would probably buy it to cap off the collection.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1142 on: 12 February 2009, 22:01:19 »

I just feel like it could've been something so much better, but it would've needed Rube for that.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1143 on: 12 February 2009, 22:07:36 »

I don't like when an actor can't do something so they write the character out of the universe. That's really stupid.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1144 on: 13 February 2009, 21:42:01 »

I like it even less when they keep the character and replace the actor.

What's unbelievable is that they did BOTH of these things.

Anyway, almost halfway through with Californication (which is definitely worth a watch and surprisingly endearing).

After that, I promised a friend I'd watch at least one season of Bones. Not really looking forward to it, but it might be good. I don't know.

And then... Black Books. Another British show I'd been meaning to get to for a long time but completely forgot about. It's called the spiritual "sister-show" to Spaced, and I guess Pegg, Frost, Stevenson, etc. have all made cameos on the show. It stars Dylan Moran (David from Shaun of the Dead) and the main girl from Green Wing. Also Bill Bailey.

So, yeah, I'm excited for that one.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1145 on: 14 February 2009, 01:55:44 »

I loathe Bones.

I loathe Dylan Moran.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1146 on: 14 February 2009, 03:39:27 »

Ugh. I hope I find Bones watchable.

I don't like Dylan Moran's stand-up too much, if that counts for anything. I can't really sit through the one special I've watched in one sitting. But I really like HIM for some reason.

Oh, and I'm also going to give Dexter a spin. I'm excited about that one as well.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1147 on: 14 February 2009, 21:43:59 »

I loathe Dylan Moran.

Me too!

I don't think I could watch Bones cos it just seems like a hokey reverse CSI, with Angel in.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1148 on: 14 February 2009, 23:53:52 »

If he was anything like Angel I might like it a little bit.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1149 on: 15 February 2009, 01:11:07 »

I watched Dollhouse, it was mediocre, predictable, cliched...

Everything I expected it would be.

Almost identical to that Christian Slater show that bombed last year.

I hoped it'd be good because it's paired with The Sarah Connor Chronichles in the Friday night death slot, but alas, we might as well bid adieu to metrosexual John Connor right now.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string