MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 20:05:59
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Dragonball FighterZ
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Dragonball FighterZ  (Read 3389 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« on: 3 February 2018, 01:46:36 »

Who else has it?

Anybody on PC wanna play it?

This thread is for game discussion and maybe finding others to play with.

I've been playing it and having some of the best fighting game fights I've ever had online with my friends. The netcode is spectacular.

The story kind of stinks but it at least legitimizes Yamcha and Tien being playable characters (two of my mains).

I haven't completed the rest of the second and third arcs so I'm hoping there is some kind of decent backstory for Android 21.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 3 February 2018, 03:52:46 »

Not really my thing.  Maybe when they add Tiencha into the game

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 4 February 2018, 00:57:24 »

I don't have it yet but I do plan to get it at some point, but for PS4.

Eventually I might get it for PC.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 5 February 2018, 04:11:02 »

It's a great fighting game.  I'm working though story mode on PS4.  The attention to detail on the banter and moves are simply second to none.  It's amazing what you can do when you start with an actual fighting game engine.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 5 February 2018, 05:48:16 »

I was playing the open beta for a bit; it's fun, but I'll wait until I can get it for cheap a few years from now.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 5 February 2018, 14:09:44 »

And maybe it will have all the DLC on disc.  If not, just get the vanilla version for $5.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 1 March 2018, 18:13:03 »

I have it on Steam, noticed you had it too John. I've only played like an hour and a half so far but I think it's really well done. I absolutely love the way they blended the graphics so it actually looks closer to the show than games in the past.

I heard it's kind of a bitch to play with friends online? At least that's the story for Playstation.

I haven't done much of the single player but I like the way they did the cutscenes, it's nice video but you're not just watching a movie. They animate in and out of holds really well so it moves at your pace but is still watchable, though I can't speak to the actual story.

I like original Dragon Ball more than Z, so characters like Tenshinhan and Yamcha are important to me. I would like to see more characters become unlockable (I haven't looked at what there is) from that era. How awesome would it be to have Lunch appear in a fighting game? Or Yajirobe to add another swordsman? Gokus as a kid (from original not GT) would be fantastic. I think this game would be far better if it had a huge character selection. Even Tao Pai Pai, General Blue, and Upa's father.

Also Uub, who is underutilized constantly.

Honestly, I know you can debate the whole "they're dwarfed by super saiyans" etc. stuff, but with Super I think Dragonball has gotten ridiculous enough we just have a fighting game with power levels don't really matter, it's just for fun.

Posted on:  5 February 2018, 11:14:19

Not really my thing.  Maybe when they add Tiencha into the game

Is there a Yamshinhan? That's a more Dragon Ball type name.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 1 March 2018, 23:02:32 »

I use Yamcha and Tenshinhan constantly as my mains, although Yamcha appears to be bottom tier.

I think having Lunch and Yajirobe would be awesome,  it would help mix up the very similar combat styles of most characters. We don't need more Gokus and Vegetas.

I know for the first DLC they have confirmed Brolly and Bardock.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 1 March 2018, 23:11:51 »

Personally I love Bardock, but Broly is lame.

But I would be down for more OG Dragon Ball characters. Especially for the move variety.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 2 March 2018, 17:09:33 »

I actually like Broly, but maybe that's because when I was a kid all the movies and stuff were so mysterious because they hadn't come here yet or were incredibly hard to get. All the mysteries of DBZ washed a way over time either through it's own plot or the internet (or both). "Who is the super saiyan of legend was always a big debate.

Anyway I agree, we don't need more Super Saiyans and definitely not more characters all with the Kame House fighting style. Except I think kid Goku would still be fun. Actually I wish every Saiyan didn't automatically go Super as well. It would be awesome if all characters started out as their base versions and then you could power up during the match if you had enough ki or something.

I just hope they add in more characters that aren't so similar. Get crazy with it, put Pikkon in there. OK fine he's essentially Piccolo... But a fighting game that really spans all the franchise would be amazing.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 2 March 2018, 20:32:25 »

I liked Broly in Budokai 3, but I also had no idea who he was. Also you could play as him in his non-buffed up state, which I personally preferred aesthetically.

I think my only problems with Broly are his backstory being silly. I consider him a lame addition to Fighterz, but only because I expect him in everything DB related, so him being DLC isn't even shocking.

Hell, Bardock being DLC is also expected and lame too, but I personally really like Bardock, so I'm biased.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #11 on: 3 March 2018, 13:39:49 »

I would get it now but my LB button is broken so I would suck more than normal

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #12 on: 3 March 2018, 19:12:08 »

Buy a new controller.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 3 March 2018, 23:00:27 »

my dad will soon

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 6 August 2018, 19:07:55 »

This was awesome as hell last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_mE-TCsbQ

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #15 on: 6 August 2018, 22:53:22 »

on the news of my controller

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #16 on: 7 August 2018, 12:31:49 »

I don't have an Xbone.  What is supposed to be happening here?
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #17 on: 7 August 2018, 14:44:44 »

I think it's just a regular third party controller.

Should have gone all out and got the duke re-release.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #18 on: 7 August 2018, 15:16:33 »

How much cost to the controller did putting a screen just to animate the logo add to the price?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 7 August 2018, 16:41:30 »

It's a duke controller so no matter what the answer is "too much".

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #20 on: 7 August 2018, 19:54:21 »

i actually prefer the duke over the 360 and xbone normal controllers

Price-wise, they're selling them for $70 USD a pop. When they first came out (and sold out at the same time), the prices sky-rocketed to $100+ for a while because of collector mentality.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 8 August 2018, 15:39:54 »

i actually prefer the duke over the 360 and xbone normal controllers

Monstrous.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 8 August 2018, 20:53:13 »

I never had a problem with The Duke controller (or the Dreamcast controller, for that matter), but I also have large hands. I'd consider getting the rerelease eventually.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 8 August 2018, 22:23:37 »

I'm okay with the Dreamcast controller, but the Duke is a bit much. I was fine with the smaller controller that came out later. But I also have small hands myself, so that might be why.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 9 August 2018, 14:03:54 »

This was awesome as hell last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_mE-TCsbQ

No joke, SonicFox and GO1 are absolute beasts.

I played a bit last night with base Goku and base Vegeta, and Goku's Kaioken is absolutely bonkers. It gets stronger the fewer allies you have left, and can combo for SO long.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 10 August 2018, 14:03:00 »

I loved the Dreamcast controller, in my opinion it's one of the best in terms of ergonomics. Later surpassed by the Gamecube.

I can see why comparisons are drawn but the Duke was just a mess. From my standpoint, it looks like they just wanted to make something that looked unique at the time (they succeeded) because they had this all new brand to push, but it didn't really make sense over all. It was a melon that required too much "reach". The white and black buttons really didn't work out at all.

But my hands are medium, so I find I'm fine with smaller controllers and ones more in the middle range of size like the 360 controller or the DS4.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 10 August 2018, 14:35:53 »

I have big ol' banana hands and I never really liked the Duke too much. Huge fan of the Gamecube controller and XBone controller.

I never really got into the feel of Dualshock controllers. I'm playing in a small DBFZ tourney tomorrow and think it'll be on PS4 with Dualshock controllers, putting me at an immediate disadvantage, on top of being trash at the game in the first place.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 10 August 2018, 15:10:13 »

I utterly detest the Gamecube controller.  The "cat paw" face buttons are inferior to the diamond layout on pretty much all other controllers.  It doesn't have L1/R1/L2/R2 shoulders, just 1 pair with an oddball "Z" button tacked on.  The d pad is in the wrong position (this is a problem with many other controllers though) AND it's freaking microscopic.

That aside, the one positive thing about it I will say is all that aside, it IS comfy to hold in your hands, and if the buttons and sticks weren't #####/##### placed, it would probably be a good controller.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 10 August 2018, 19:28:16 »

I mostly agree but I don't like to compare old controllers to new ones too much, that's not really fair. My comment was more about the comfort of the controller and it's use in games designed for it. The SNES controller learned everything from the NES, of course it's far superior. In the case of the Gamecube, I can't give it too much ##### for not having 4 shoulder buttons since that hadn't become standard yet as the Duke and Controller S didn't have them either. That was something Sony paved the way for, thankfully.

Gotta disagree on the D-pad placement. Over 85% of games today are going use the analog more than the d-pad, so I prefer that that placement (much like Xbox and Switch). The reverse is why a lot of people don't like the Dual Shock. Personally I never loved it, only tolerated it, until the DS4. BUT the GC d-pad is terrible and small, yes. I would much prefer something more similar to the SNES one.

I have one of the Hori controllers that's basically a revision of the GC, the Luigi one that's actually molded to the right shape. Having the 4 shoulder buttons are great and the bottom two don't have that huge travel distance that was never really used. But the face buttons aren't altered, it would be nice to have a GC controller's comfort with updated revisions, especially to use on my PC.

I've never used the Xbone controller but it looks great and I love how many design options there are.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 10 August 2018, 21:56:57 »

I was going to have something to say about the D-pad positions on controllers but it seems to me all mainstream controllers in the recent era have D-pads in a comfortable spot for me. My only issue with the D-pad on the Switch Pro Controller isn't the placement of it but rather how it falsely registers up inputs in Puyo Puyo Tetris when I'm very clearly not pressing up and I know that isn't an isolated issue.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 11 August 2018, 00:40:42 »

I think the older Pro controllers have that issue, I have a Splatoon 2 one that still has some minor input issues... but I remembering reading the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 one fixed the d-pad, so I might just have to get a new one later.

Personally I really like the DS4, though. Only issues I ever had with that are the touchpad acting up because my hand slightly brushed it. I'm glad most games don't force its use or have an option to disable it at least. I think in GTA V I kept accidentally swapping weapons randomly because of it.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #31 on: 12 August 2018, 20:00:27 »

That touch pad on the DS4 is horrid.

And are Nintendo even making Wii U/Switch compatible Gamecube controllers anymore or did they farm ALL of them out to 3rd parties?  Because the 3rd Party Gamecube controllers ALL feel like they weigh 10 oz and feel cheap as #####.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 12 August 2018, 20:52:45 »

No idea, I imported one of the ones they made around when Smash Wii U was coming out, so I haven't needed a new GameCube controller in a while. I would assume they'll make more quality first party ones closer to Ultimate's release, I hope.

I got an adapter preordered as well, since I missed out on it when it came out during the Wii U era.

While I don't like using a GameCube controller for Smash, some of my friends do or might so might as well have all options...

And yes, the DS4 Touchpad is crap. For me its a glorified and oversized Select button. I don't think I've ever used it for touch or swipe purposes ever unless it was forced.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 13 August 2018, 13:40:00 »

I assumed they made the Smash 4 ones, so I'm assuming they're making the Smash 5 ones. I actually wish they were making bluetooth ones more akin to the pro controller. I don't really see the reasoning why they're making you use an adapter other than "oh geez I can use it with my old GC too". Presumably most people who kept their Gamecube (and have it hooked up) kept the controllers. Even if people try to complain about input lag on a wireless GC controller, they could just stop that plugging it back in.

The 3rd party GC controller I have is really great, but I've tried some bad ones too. For the most part I still use a wavebird to play Smash since I can just plug that into the adapter and still sit wherever I please. I missed out on the official adapter so I got the Mayflash one.

And yes, the DS4 Touchpad is crap. For me its a glorified and oversized Select button. I don't think I've ever used it for touch or swipe purposes ever unless it was forced.

Totally.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #34 on: 14 August 2018, 15:10:23 »

You can't use any new Wii and up made Gamecube controllers on an actual Gamecube though, the plugs are all Wiimote plugs, at least the non Smash branded ones.  And most of them are not Smash branded.  The adapter is mostly for actual Gamecube era controllers that were already in circulation.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 16 August 2018, 19:25:29 »

I was talking about the Smash branded ones, AKA "official" ones. I don't see the reason why new official ones have to use the old plug instead of being wireless akin to the pro controller.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 16 August 2018, 19:32:53 »

Yeah, not sure why they haven't made a wireless version yet, ever since Brawl I've been reluctant in using a GameCube controller because I always feel like someone's gonna knock the console down pulling or tripping on the cable.

And I guess the closest we can get to wireless is buying a wavebird but those are expensive from what I remember... and you STILL need the adapter too.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 16 August 2018, 19:35:29 »

Yeah I'm lucky to still have mine working and have a 3rd party adapter, but I would hate to put wired controllers and connect that to the flimsy Switch dock.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Dragonball FighterZ
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string