MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 19:52:19
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2  (Read 25757 times)
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« on: 4 December 2017, 19:50:13 »

Mega Man X1-8 is being released in two collections for PS4, XBO, Switch, PC in Summer 2018.  

Trailer here!
« Last Edit: 13 April 2018, 02:26:28 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1 on: 4 December 2017, 19:57:47 »

They'll probably chunk it up into 1-3, 4-6 and 7&8 or something.

I'll skip 6 and 7 this time around I think!

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 4 December 2017, 20:16:11 »

Been waiting for these on Switch for a while. I was just planning on Nintendo's eventual (and long-awaited) virtual console but I'll take what I can get.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 4 December 2017, 20:40:16 »

This pleases me as a Switch owner.  Even though I have X1-X3 on the New 3DS, having portible X4 & X8 are also good bonuses.  I'll probably play X5 & X6 as well.

X7 can go ##### off.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #4 on: 4 December 2017, 21:50:23 »

I still say X6 is worse than X7 but it's pretty damn close.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 4 December 2017, 22:16:18 »

If it's retail, I'm in.  If it's digital, it can ##### right off.  Be nice to have all 3 versions of X3 this time, or at the VERY LEAST the SNES version.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 5 December 2017, 05:17:29 »

I'd be happy if we got both the SNES and PS1 versions of X3, but we all know they're going to do only one and pick the easy one, which will probably be PS1 version. Just like how we only got the PS1 version of MM8 and didn't get the Saturn version.

I wonder if X7 and X8 will be in widescreen or not.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 5 December 2017, 18:09:00 »

I still say X6 is worse than X7 but it's pretty damn close.

If we take out the story and, ahem, new characters... I just can't deal with the 2.5D in X7, personally. X6 isn't very good at all but the gameplay is more serviceable for me.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 5 December 2017, 18:55:20 »

X7 is horse##### on ever front.  Stage design, music, characters, gameplay.  Horrid use of 3D/2D.  X6, while still having ##### stage design, still LOOKS ok for the most part and has some decent music (if not close to the series best).  I don't think X6 is a GREAT game, but it's passable (if barely).

And on another note, X8 is JUST as bad in the stage design as X7 and X6.  X7 has it beat by a mile, but X8 is still worse than X6.  And that's not even going into the non gameplay/design elements of the games.

I haven't played X7 or X8 since within a month or so after they came out (and had bought them).  I never finished EITHER of them because they were so god damn awful.  But if they were on a collection I'd probably at least boot them up again at least once.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 5 December 2017, 20:58:53 »

X8 isn't really THAT bad though....*Is mauled by Nibbles yet again*
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 5 December 2017, 22:24:40 »

It really is that bad.  It definitely belongs in the X5-X8 tier of the series, and I'd argue X5 is the best of the 4, and it's a BIG step down from 1-4.  Anyone who honestly thinks it's as good as any of the first 4 games literally has a learning disability.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 15 February 2018, 20:42:31 »

I only prefer X6 over 7 and 8 because it still uses the X4 engine and sprites. X7 is awful in both stage design and engine wise. Same with X8, it just managed to be slightly better than X7.

X5 overall is decent, but the whole way you obtained power up parts and armor parts was just terrible. If you want to be able to get the most power up parts in one file you had to get a game over about 9 or 10 times before beating any of the 8 Bosses. And then to make it worse, no matter what you'll always miss 8 parts because each stage makes you choose one or the other with the crap Life / Energy nonsense deciding what you get.

As awful as X6 is, at the very least you can potentially get every part in one file. Still hate the game though.

Posted on: December 05, 2017, 06:46:03 PM

So, apparently there have been ratings posted for a Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2.  It seems like Capcom is going to separate the good and bad X games into 2 different collections.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #12 on: 15 February 2018, 21:18:12 »

now I can finally play X4! YES!

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 15 February 2018, 21:24:06 »

I'll stick with 1-4, thx.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 15 February 2018, 21:49:43 »

I have X and X2 in cart form, X-X3 on Virtual console, and X Collection and Command Mission on Gamecube, and X8 on PS2.

LET'S BUY IT ALL AGAIN!

Seriously, I hope Mega Man 11 isn't where new content ends.

So why... exactly... was the first collection rated M in Australia?

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 16 February 2018, 00:53:30 »

Majikn my friend, you really need to consolidate your Mega Man platforms.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 16 February 2018, 04:45:15 »

So why... exactly... was the first collection rated M in Australia?

Most likely X4's Double cutscene and Zero's intro.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 16 February 2018, 06:32:01 »

So... inb4 censorship?

Majikn my friend, you really need to consolidate your Mega Man platforms.
What platform has every Mega Man game?

Also I forgot I bought Legacy Collection on steam for like 5 bucks.

Also I know what you meant but I must inform everyone that I imagined myself smashing all of my devices together and hoping that it'll form some sort of... Mega Console...

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 16 February 2018, 14:44:12 »

Some sort of... Mega Drive, if you will? That would be quite the Master System, eh? Eh? I'll stop.

Seriously, I hope Mega Man 11 isn't where new content ends.

Totally. I was hoping 9 and 10 would lead to a wealth of new Megaman stuff but the franchise just lingered after those.

Real talk if they wanted to take a stab at some new entries into other MM series' I'd be way into that. BN's quality dropped off a cliff but I'd be down to get into that universe again if they made a serviceable stab at all.

Or, hey, wow me with a whole new take on Mega Man. I mean, Legends and BN were complete overhauls of the paradigm and that was novel. Boiling the concept down to "what is this really?" is a great way to develop, so I'm hoping they haven't completely relegated Mega Man's future to trips down platforming-nostalgia lane.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 16 February 2018, 16:45:46 »

I wouldn't be opposed to more BN as long as they bring back the good stuff from BN2 that was missing in later games. Like the Add Button and Style Changes.

I don't think X4 will be censored. They didn't censor Ace Attorney 5 even though one of the cutscenes jumped it up to an M rating.

...although I remember that X4 got an E rating when it was re-released on PS3, so I'm curious as to why they only realized it now.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 16 February 2018, 17:50:27 »

Reminder: Australia has very strict and often ridiculed content rules for gaming. They're version of "M" means people 15 years of age or older whereas the North American "M" is 17+.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2018, 18:06:34 by Mikero » Logged

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 16 February 2018, 18:48:46 »

South Park's RPGS dealt with that censorship in a marvelous way.

I think the big problem with going back to other series is what Mikero said: the quality.  Battle Network went down the toilet after 3 in terms of gameplay and quality.  Zero and ZX were never good.  X would likely go the same 2.5D route that 11 has, sadly, and the X games took a big down swing in quality after X4 and ended in the toilet with BN by the end of 8.  Legends was the only one that didn't get a bad game, but it didn't really live long enough to get that far, and for the record, I was NOT a fan at all of the 2 protagonist direction 3 was taking.  So 3 well could have been Legends X7/BN5/Zero/ZX.

I wouldn't mind maybe an all new series/take on it.  I just hope we get SOMETHING, and that it's not #####.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 10 April 2018, 15:54:00 »

The Collections were finally officially announced with a trailer.

Some things to note...

First collection is X1-4, the other is X5-8.

In Japan it's called Rockman X Anniversary Collection.

In Japan PS4 and Switch will get physical copies of each collection as well as combo packs. The Switch combo pack is half digital...

US only gets the combo packs with both collections. PS4 and Xbox One comes with discs for both collections while Switch gets screwed with 1 physical, 1 digital yet again.

The Day of Sigma from MHX is watchable from the gallery.

The new X Challenge mode seems interesting, showing X fighting Frost Walrus... and Chill Penguin!? Though Chill Penguin literally is still 16-bit and it looks kinda bad art wise, it is interesting to see what new things we'll see from it. Definitely a step up from the other Collection's Challenge Modes.

...also it seems X7 and X8 are rendered at a higher resolution but have retained the 4:3 screen shape.

At the very least the good X games will be on the physical part of the damn collection...

Comes out July 24th.

The official announcement, for more info.
« Last Edit: 10 April 2018, 16:53:28 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 10 April 2018, 16:53:39 »

I only wanted to buy one of these collections but... alright. All good things come to an end, I've held out trying to not own X7 this long.

Though I'm a bit worried I'll buy the damn thing and then they'll come out with physical for both later, like Sonic Mania.

Edit: Forgot to talk about the actual trailer--The Hi-Res filter looks garbage on the original game(s), but looks good on the games I'm not really gonna play. New mode seems interesting but I probably won't bother with it.

Soo.. What about eshop? If they sell them separately on there I might just get each one at a time.
« Last Edit: 10 April 2018, 17:05:39 by Mikero » Logged

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #24 on: 10 April 2018, 19:31:49 »

If they're both getting individual releases and a combo release in Japan, I may pick up the 2nd X collection in Japan.  There really isn't that much text in the games.  I'll pick up the PS4 versions for sure, and probably a used Switch version since I won't pay Capcom for their #####hole half retail half digital release #####.  But at least the 4 X games I want are on the physical cart, unlike classic where I really wanted 7, 9 and 10.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 10 April 2018, 22:49:21 »

I only wanted to buy one of these collections but... alright. All good things come to an end, I've held out trying to not own X7 this long.

Though I'm a bit worried I'll buy the damn thing and then they'll come out with physical for both later, like Sonic Mania.

Edit: Forgot to talk about the actual trailer--The Hi-Res filter looks garbage on the original game(s), but looks good on the games I'm not really gonna play. New mode seems interesting but I probably won't bother with it.

Soo.. What about eshop? If they sell them separately on there I might just get each one at a time.

Each half is going to be 19.99 digitally on PSN/eShop, so you can save yourself 20 bucks if you want to skip on X5-8.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #26 on: 11 April 2018, 02:12:04 »

As long as I don't have to play X7 to unlock anything I'll be picking up both.  I don't mind X5/X6 and I enjoyed X8, but X7 can ##### off. 

Of course I'l be getting Legacy Collection one as well.  Both on the Switch.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 11 April 2018, 14:36:59 »

Xero, we don't have a choice in the US.  You get the bundle with all 8 games.  Except on Switch you only get the first 4 because Legacy Collection 2 is a digital download.  So if you buy it on PS4 you will automatically get both collections.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #28 on: 11 April 2018, 17:50:22 »

That kinda sucks, but I prefer the switch version because I can take that ##### anywhere and play it.  Plus I have 64 GB micro SD card which I haven't even touched yet.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 11 April 2018, 19:15:23 »

I hope the Xtreme games are an unlock.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 11 April 2018, 20:06:30 »

If the challenge modes turn out to be significantly less lazy than the classic mega legacy collections, I might buy in. Otherwise, it's hard to justify buying Mega Man X again for the like fifth or sixth time between carts, collections and VC.
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #31 on: 11 April 2018, 20:22:47 »

Think I've spent the least amount of time on X2 and X7, so this would be nice way to revisit X2 after so long...

Hoping they keep the SNES soundtrack for X3 instead of the Saturn's version, or at the very least, include an option to switch between the two.

This new challenge mode looks to be entertaining. If they're going to include numerous challenges with various boss fights, would enjoy seeing a "Sigma Rush" challenge... Fighting either his basic forms, his final forms, or even both (not all at once, mind you).

This is very well a nice way to dive into some nostalgic memories, as the X series stands as my favorite Mega Man spin-off.
« Last Edit: 12 April 2018, 05:25:10 by Teelio » Logged

tlo
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 11 April 2018, 23:08:19 »

I'm hoping X3 will be the SNES version with the option to have the PS1 soundtrack. I'm weird and prefer the arranged version of the X3's soundtrack, but I prefer the SNES version for everything else.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #33 on: 12 April 2018, 01:13:53 »

Well the Wii U VC & 3DS VC included the SNES version of X3 so it's very possible. 

I hope the remixes that we are "supposedly getting" are X8 style remix.  I #####ing loved the music in X8 and I don't care what anyone says.  X1-X3 translated into X8 style music would give me an eargasm.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #34 on: 12 April 2018, 18:35:57 »

MHX's X8 style remixes absolutely ##### all over X1's Godly OST.  I hope to god they're not X8 style.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 13 April 2018, 02:51:11 »

If the trailer music is anything to go by, it'll probably sound more like the "We are ROCK-Men!" Soundtracks.

...personally I'd like if the remixes sounded similar to X3 (PS1) and X4's soundtracks, but that's just me wanting things I know I can't have.
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #36 on: 13 April 2018, 03:50:16 »

This YouTuber broke down the X Challenge theories with an interesting screenshot from within the challenge menu.

It shows what we already know: fighting against both Chill Penguin and Frost Walrus simultaneously. Other new details show other challenges, like pitting against Wheel Gator & Bubble Crab as well as Slash Beast & Grizzly Slash. Also, an option to take up to 3 weapons with you before accepting the challenges.

This lad also points out that the X Challenge option on the menu is labeled as Vol. 1, so there is bound to be a Vol. 2 (most likely for the 2nd batch of games), and perhaps more in the future if it's likely.

It's definitely much more interesting than some of the aggravating time challenges from the classic's Legacy Collection, and still praying for a potential feature to customize your own challenges.

tlo
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #37 on: 13 April 2018, 13:36:27 »

How are they going to do anything with X7 & X8 mavericks?  I supposed they could at the very least use X8 from the #####pile called Xover, but that's about it really.  Then again they did have Cutman in X8 in his 8-bit sprite so who knows.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #38 on: 13 April 2018, 16:12:27 »

The Cut Man fight in X8 looked PAINFULLY bad.  I actually think the MM1 stuff looked tons better than the X8 stuff myself.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 13 April 2018, 20:15:44 »

The Collection is confirmed to have the SNES version of X3.

Hoping the cutscenes from the PS1 version are in the gallery for viewing at least.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #40 on: 14 April 2018, 01:54:36 »

It's going to be weird having Ruth Shirarishi, Peter Von Gomm, and Mark Gatha voice X in the same collection. Maybe they'll have Mark redub X7 and X4.  He's  a dentist now so I doubt it. 
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 14 April 2018, 02:03:34 »

Yeah I'm pretty sure Mark is done with voice acting so the chances of that are probably zero.

I doubt they would redub anything because of laziness but if they did they most likely would use the guy who voiced him in MvC: Infinite. Same with Zero.

It would be really neat to have X6 actually be dubbed in English, but again, laziness.

I fully expect X1 to be the version from X Collection with the added 'damn' at the intro, the missing word in Sigma's death speech, and the Hadouken voice clip taken out for no reason.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #42 on: 14 April 2018, 12:59:31 »

If they are using the SNES verison of X3, then I'm sure they'll keep the Hadouken voice in.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 14 April 2018, 17:11:21 »

Based on how MM7 played in LC2, I expect XLC to behave somewhere in between ZSNES and snes9x for the SNES games -- more or less accurately for MMX but with inconsistencies in X2 and X3 -- and that game contents will be completely unchanged from original release. I really hope it isn't a port of the X Collection ports because those were even worse in terms of consistency.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 14 April 2018, 21:45:04 »

The Mega Man 7 in LC2 seemed to be based off the Anniversary Collection version since it had the same exact changes in it, the only exception was the ending was left intact.

X2 on the X Collection was technically better than the original during the first Serges fight, because there's no slowdown during his jumping shot attack. But X2 also had the audio bug during the intro for some reason.

Posted on: April 14, 2018, 02:23:09 PM

I also wonder if X6 will have the vocal songs for the intro and credits or if they'll be replaced.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #45 on: 14 April 2018, 23:12:23 »

Based on how MM7 played in LC2, I expect XLC to behave somewhere in between ZSNES and snes9x for the SNES games -- more or less accurately for MMX but with inconsistencies in X2 and X3 -- and that game contents will be completely unchanged from original release. I really hope it isn't a port of the X Collection ports because those were even worse in terms of consistency.

Tread carefully with your words

Do not even approach the subject of piracy.  This means no talk of emulation, roms, warez, etc.

Remember I was banned for this once. 

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #46 on: 15 April 2018, 00:29:27 »

But Xero, you also just went there!

tlo
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #47 on: 15 April 2018, 00:44:26 »

Well crap.

*Bans self*
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 15 April 2018, 08:52:15 »

Mmm, you're right. I remember the rule, but when seeking appropriate performance benchmarks I guess I forgot this was probably heading into dangerous territory.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 16 April 2018, 01:30:37 »

Honestly, the trailer really made me want to play X1-4 again. I might just blow some money getting X1 on my 3DS to replay it again.

...I also have to find my PS3 or PS2 to play X4. It'd be nice if PS4s could play PS1 discs like the PS3 but lolsony.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string