MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
13 December 2017, 11:50:57
Radio (OFFLINE)Gallery (OFFLINE)MBoardRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  Topic: Mega Man X Rereleases
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man X Rereleases  (Read 99 times)
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« on: 4 December 2017, 18:50:13 »

Mega Man X1-8 being released for PS4, XBO, Switch, PC in Summer 2018.

It wasn't specifically announced as a Collection, so it may be some weird seperate release for each game.
« Last Edit: 5 December 2017, 23:35:18 by NovaMan XP » Logged

how do i sign this
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1 on: 4 December 2017, 18:57:47 »

They'll probably chunk it up into 1-3, 4-6 and 7&8 or something.

I'll skip 6 and 7 this time around I think!

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 4 December 2017, 19:16:11 »

Been waiting for these on Switch for a while. I was just planning on Nintendo's eventual (and long-awaited) virtual console but I'll take what I can get.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 4 December 2017, 19:40:16 »

This pleases me as a Switch owner.  Even though I have X1-X3 on the New 3DS, having portible X4 & X8 are also good bonuses.  I'll probably play X5 & X6 as well.

X7 can go ##### off.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #4 on: 4 December 2017, 20:50:23 »

I still say X6 is worse than X7 but it's pretty damn close.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 4 December 2017, 21:16:18 »

If it's retail, I'm in.  If it's digital, it can ##### right off.  Be nice to have all 3 versions of X3 this time, or at the VERY LEAST the SNES version.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 5 December 2017, 04:17:29 »

I'd be happy if we got both the SNES and PS1 versions of X3, but we all know they're going to do only one and pick the easy one, which will probably be PS1 version. Just like how we only got the PS1 version of MM8 and didn't get the Saturn version.

I wonder if X7 and X8 will be in widescreen or not.

how do i sign this
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 5 December 2017, 17:09:00 »

I still say X6 is worse than X7 but it's pretty damn close.

If we take out the story and, ahem, new characters... I just can't deal with the 2.5D in X7, personally. X6 isn't very good at all but the gameplay is more serviceable for me.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 5 December 2017, 17:55:20 »

X7 is horse##### on ever front.  Stage design, music, characters, gameplay.  Horrid use of 3D/2D.  X6, while still having ##### stage design, still LOOKS ok for the most part and has some decent music (if not close to the series best).  I don't think X6 is a GREAT game, but it's passable (if barely).

And on another note, X8 is JUST as bad in the stage design as X7 and X6.  X7 has it beat by a mile, but X8 is still worse than X6.  And that's not even going into the non gameplay/design elements of the games.

I haven't played X7 or X8 since within a month or so after they came out (and had bought them).  I never finished EITHER of them because they were so god damn awful.  But if they were on a collection I'd probably at least boot them up again at least once.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 5 December 2017, 19:58:53 »

X8 isn't really THAT bad though....*Is mauled by Nibbles yet again*
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 5 December 2017, 21:24:40 »

It really is that bad.  It definitely belongs in the X5-X8 tier of the series, and I'd argue X5 is the best of the 4, and it's a BIG step down from 1-4.  Anyone who honestly thinks it's as good as any of the first 4 games literally has a learning disability.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 5 December 2017, 22:46:03 »

I only prefer X6 over 7 and 8 because it still uses the X4 engine and sprites. X7 is awful in both stage design and engine wise. Same with X8, it just managed to be slightly better than X7.

X5 overall is decent, but the whole way you obtained power up parts and armor parts was just terrible. If you want to be able to get the most power up parts in one file you had to get a game over about 9 or 10 times before beating any of the 8 Bosses. And then to make it worse, no matter what you'll always miss 8 parts because each stage makes you choose one or the other with the crap Life / Energy nonsense deciding what you get.

As awful as X6 is, at the very least you can potentially get every part in one file. Still hate the game though.

how do i sign this
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  Topic: Mega Man X Rereleases
Jump to: