MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 11:13:33
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 11
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 11  (Read 34740 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #50 on: 8 February 2018, 14:23:50 »

Never, hopefully, if they keep using Axl, Sigma is really "dead", and it's in 3D.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #51 on: 8 February 2018, 17:25:56 »

Oh Rez, You think too highly of Cacpom.  If we get a new MMX, it's going to be in the graphical style and maybe even storyline of between X2&X3.

Given I didn't play Classic 9 or 10, so I don't know if they continue the story of Duo and Rock's growing sense of evil... but I'd honestly expect X to follow the same theme of cheaply made nostalgia bait if it got a late 2010s release.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #52 on: 8 February 2018, 19:14:37 »

*uses Tomatoe Stick to putt you back into mauling tent like a birdy on the 14th hole*

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #53 on: 8 February 2018, 22:07:43 »

This place is amazing

you ban people with a "Tomatoe stick" and send them to a mauling tent

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #54 on: 9 February 2018, 00:41:54 »

Nothing personnel kid, but I'm as banned as a zombie is dead.  

We're celebrating a decade of dribble here at Winged & Warrior industries,  and I'm not letting bejeweled pimp cane with a CS-Go nametag derail the freight train of crap referred to by my doctor as an "odd way of expressing humor"

No but we have fun here.

and back on topic, Unless Capcom starts selling 9/10/11 games at < 5$ a pop on steam like any half-decent NES remake/fangame... I just can't see myself caring about the new game.

I mean, I love to see that name pop up in the upcoming games list, and it being an NES remake means there's ALOT less opportunity for the game to be botched harder than an anime fan on prom night... but...

At the end of the day all I see is an overpriced, cheap to produce, nostalgia bait game to keep the copywrite active and the shareholders happy.

Wake me up when Capcom takes a page from Sega and produces a fan-game made by people who give a ##### about the IP (and don't ruin it like they did with MML3).
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #55 on: 9 February 2018, 13:43:51 »

Megaman 11 isn't NES style though?

Given I didn't play Classic 9 or 10, so I don't know if they continue the story of Duo and Rock's growing sense of evil...

They completely abandon the storyline of MM8, IIRC.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #56 on: 9 February 2018, 15:19:45 »

Now they just need to completely abandon the "story" of MMZ, Axl, and X5 and up for the X series and things will be great again!  Together we can Make Mega Man Great Again!

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #57 on: 9 February 2018, 16:20:55 »

its simple to do that have MMZ be a noncannon timeline and have the X8 villain posses axl and kill axl

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #58 on: 9 February 2018, 21:08:15 »

Oh Rez, You think too highly of Cacpom.  If we get a new MMX, it's going to be in the graphical style and maybe even storyline of between X2&X3.

Given I didn't play Classic 9 or 10, so I don't know if they continue the story of Duo and Rock's growing sense of evil... but I'd honestly expect X to follow the same theme of cheaply made nostalgia bait if it got a late 2010s release.

I'd say you're missing out. I love both 9 and 10. Their events have almost nothing to do with anything preceding. Duo is nowhere to be seen. They're standalone games focused on player fun.

X9 could very well ditch Axl, but I really don't care if he's in there or not. Alive, playable, dead, KIA, or just missing. Like easy mode in MM10. I don't care for it but I don't have to use it. Not that I expect there'll be an X9. There's a certain fan game for the X series that's been in development since like... at least 2009 that I'm still interested in.

What I'm hoping for right now (and kind of expecting) is MM11 to have an MM7ish quality to it.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #59 on: 9 February 2018, 21:13:24 »

If you mean Corrupted, the sprite art looks beautiful and spot on SNESy, but by god the Mavericks look like #####.  And the villian screams "edgy as #####".  The Metroid style world is an interesting idea, but I don't know that it really works.  Basically, the sprite work is the only thing that looks slamming about that game.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #60 on: 9 February 2018, 21:25:28 »

It's a little more than sprite work and the music, I'd say. I think there's a lot of focus on polish. I couldn't speak to the quality of the level design until I actually play it.

I don't recall even seeing the villain. Some of the mavericks look no worse than some of the sillier official mavericks, and some are a bit worse, but I can shrug that off. I don't know about the Metroid style world either and I'm not sure a fan could just pull that off. Benefit of the doubt.

It still at least looks way better than that MM X Street Fighter that I couldn't be bothered to finish.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #61 on: 9 February 2018, 22:17:38 »

I wouldn't say it looks better than SFxMM, apart from the sprite work.  The mavericks are most definitely far worse than any official design, even Tornado Tonion, Soldier Stone Kong, or Wire Sponge.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #62 on: 13 February 2018, 17:44:26 »

Wire Sponge is a great maverick. In what other series does one fight a luffa?

I mean, he IS a luffa, not actually a sea sponge.

And leave Tonion alone.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #63 on: 13 February 2018, 18:21:31 »

At least those corrupted mavericks aren't (shudders) flame hynieard

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #64 on: 13 February 2018, 18:28:33 »

Hynieard's design was just fine.  Even his "terminal malfunction" prognosis was kinda cool.  Then they just took all that and decided to BURN TOTHE GROUND BURRRRRN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE GROUND BURN BURN BURRRRNNNN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TOTHE GROUND BURRRRRN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE GROUND BURN BURN BURRRRNNNN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TOTHE GROUND BURRRRRN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE GROUND BURN BURN BURRRRNNNN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TOTHE GROUND BURRRRRN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE GROUND BURN BURN BURRRRNNNN BURN TO THE GROUND!!!!

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #65 on: 13 February 2018, 19:33:06 »

MMX7 PTSD flashbacks intensify

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #66 on: 14 February 2018, 01:57:42 »

Oh, I guess I should apologize a bit.  I finally got around to actually watching the MM11 teaser and I'm now a bit hype.  I had assumed it was another #####ing 16 bit game that go so much traction way back in like 2010 or whatever. 

I'm still super wary that Capcom will ##### the pooch, I'm going to probably wait until... like... a year after release where the hype has calmed down and people are more willing to give honest postmortems.

If the game is good enough, is on the right platforms, and is cheap enough to fit my budget I'll pick it up.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #67 on: 14 February 2018, 02:13:14 »

Look, so far 11 looks like it's at LEAST as good as 8.  And even though 8 is my least favorite main classic game, it's still got a charm and fun to it.  And the 2.5D is about on par with the super floaty art style used in 8 aside from the awful perspective effect rendering in 3D gives.

I don't see why it won't be an ok game at this point.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #68 on: 14 February 2018, 15:38:47 »

Well WW, Megaman 9 and 10 were actually 8-bit, but I would much prefer 16-bit to 2.5D. I'd even accept 32-bit like MM8. I don't see why that would be a bad thing, it wouldn't be "retro for the sake of it" like some indy games are criticized for. It was pixel graphics to begin with and I can't think of a single 2.5D Mega Man game that really worked.

Even in 3D... MML only works because it's a completely different gameplay style.

Still, I can't completely write off MM11 yet. I do not like 2.5D side-scrollers, and I still have issues with the animation, but otherwise nothing says this game won't be perfectly fine.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #69 on: 14 February 2018, 16:14:21 »

I also strongly dislike the particle effects and super generic sound effects.  I hope the latter is fixed later in production, but the #####ty particle effects are likely a lock as that's just how you have to do things in 2.5D.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #70 on: 15 February 2018, 01:48:35 »

I don't think I've ever seen a 2.5D platformer game for a previously 2D series that has ever felt right, which is why it makes me a bit uneasy. Big examples being X8, New Super Mario Bros. and Sonic Generations.

I still think it'll be fun, but I really want it to play more like the better classic games, so basically anything like 1-6 or 7.

I wouldn't mind a 16-bit MM7 style game, myself.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #71 on: 15 February 2018, 04:20:31 »

Honestly, I also think the art NEVER looks as sharp in 2.5D as it does in 2D.  Bloodstained comes to mind there recently.  I just look at it and think how beautiful it would be if it had been done in full real 2D and not 3D.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #72 on: 19 February 2018, 23:11:22 »

So, Capcom did pull the same crap again. MMLC Collection for Switch has the first collection on the cart, and the 2nd one is a digital code. And it's 40 bucks for the "physical" copy, despite half of it being digital.

Now I'm expecting the X Collection to do the same.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #73 on: 20 February 2018, 01:25:58 »

X Collection on Switch will all but certainly be a fake "retail" release with large parts of it as a download.

Capcom doesn't seem to understand what a "retail release" is, because making you download part or or most of your purchase is just as bad as a digital sale, and not a retail release.  They can go ##### themselves.  Right.  Up.  The.  Ass.

Now I own both on PS4, but by GOD I want them on the Switch and this is just more Capcom horse ##### for no good reason that we won't have them.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #74 on: 20 February 2018, 06:05:06 »

Europe isn't even getting the psuedo physical copy it seems.

Guess I'll wait until its on sale since I'm not paying 40 bucks for a half digital copy of stuff I've owned countless times over already both physically and digitally.

I just foolishly hope X1-4 are in a physical release.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #75 on: 20 February 2018, 15:04:32 »

Switch is region free at least.  I guess you could settle for a retail of 1-6, but I sure as ##### won't be buying it new, on sale or not, because I will rot in hell before I give Capcom one cent of money for this ##### show of a release.  It leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth I don't even want to own the #####ing cart used, because it's a reminder that this "collection" only has half the game on it.

Same reason I skipped and won't be getting Resident Evil Revelations "collection".

Same reason I didn't and won't be getting the US version of Bayonetta 2 +1

Then there's L.A. Noir, that is LITERALLY unplayable unless you downolad half of the game after you put in the cartridge.

The Switch is going to be in real trouble if this becomes a trend, because if will essentially make it a digital only platform.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #76 on: 21 February 2018, 13:19:38 »

NBA2K18 does the same thing. What I really hate is the boxart has to have the ugly bar on it that says you need to download stuff on it.

I don't claim to understand the tech involved, but I thought Nintendo would be making the bigger game cards by now. You could have one that's got more space than a blu-ray, I don't get the delay.

I'll still be getting MMLC.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #77 on: 21 February 2018, 14:25:00 »

They do make cards big enough for all of the games.  They just cost more, so companies don't want to pay for it and use a cheaper, smaller card and make the rest of it download.  THAT'S  the issue.  Cheap as ##### companies.  Do they think we wouldn't have paid an extra $10 to actually have all the games on the card?  That's why we choose retail and not #####ing digital.  Retail SHOULD cost more than digital, and the benefits you get from it are WELL worth the extra cost.

I honestly STRONGLY urge all of you to NOT buy MMLC for Switch though.  We can't support Capcom when they do this #####.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #78 on: 21 February 2018, 15:29:01 »

What's even more frustrating is that the smallest Switch cart is apparently 8GB, which is more than enough for both Collections. The first Legacy Collection was under 1GB, and I recall the second one is about 5GB... so unless they did some really terrible optimization, it should all fit on one cart.

And it also will have the ugly bar on the box saying you have to download #####.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #79 on: 21 February 2018, 16:55:36 »

That "hey u haf 2 download 2 use" bar at the top of those types of "retail" releases are a crime against cover art.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #80 on: 21 February 2018, 19:04:13 »

I know they make cards big enough, I was saying that it's a wonder Nintendo hasn't yet solidified their use. I remember an article recently about Nintendo saying they were delaying 64gb cards until 2019, so apparently they're trying to square off deals with companies to make those sized cards cheaper to produce. But that is an incredibly silly timeline.

The thing I'm not understanding is if both Legacy Collections can easily fit on the existing game card, what is the excuse for the download? Have they given any reason for this? Even green doesn't really make much sense in this scenario since it'll be the same card either way.

I don't have MMLC in any other form.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #81 on: 21 February 2018, 20:37:21 »

Go PS4.  It's the second best console Sony has put out.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #82 on: 22 February 2018, 02:33:10 »

I think it all just boils down to pure laziness. If both Collections were on the cart, they would have to program in a menu to select which collection, since they're technically two different games made by different people.

Ideally, they would've just combined both games into one big collection with everything... but again, that's work Capcom would prefer not to do.

I assume LC2 is digital only as well in Japan, but if it isn't, I might consider importing just for an actual cart.

...I just hope Capcom includes English options for the Japanese versions of Ace Attorney so I can actually have physical copies of that series again someday.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #83 on: 22 February 2018, 17:52:31 »

The 3DS collections do have english, but the 3DS was region locked.  Thank god the Switch isn't.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #84 on: 29 May 2018, 17:04:52 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2PAI5JNAT8

NEW TRAILER!!

HOLY #####ING #####!  I'm impressed.  

Game looks balls to the wall difficult, but in a good way.  Voice acting is neat and shows they are going all out on this. 

I like the double gear system idea too. 

Posted on: 29 May 2018, 15:11:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BYJxXwEo_s

More gameplay.

They still haven't fixed Mega Man's walking animation which bugs me, but other than that everything looks solid. 

Looks like they are going the MM9 route as far as weapon usefulness goes.  I am pleased.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #85 on: 29 May 2018, 17:06:29 »

New Mega Man Amiibo!
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #86 on: 29 May 2018, 17:09:21 »

*Blots out robot master names*

Well played Capcom.  Well played.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #87 on: 29 May 2018, 17:13:22 »

Also, I might be remembering wrong, but the running animation seems to be better now.

Overall, it looks like it'll be fun.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #88 on: 29 May 2018, 17:21:05 »

And it's only $29.99.  Good call on Capcom.  I'll pick up the Switch version for sure.  Not sure about the amiibo though.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #89 on: 29 May 2018, 18:15:29 »

Official website is up as well.

I'm getting whichever version for Switch that comes with the amiibo, and possibly also the PS4 version because why not.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #90 on: 29 May 2018, 18:48:37 »

If the Switch version is one of those "download required" horse ##### deals Capcom and other publishers have been doing, I'll skip Switch and go PS4.

THAT SAID I have preordered the Switch collector's edition because it's the only way to get the MM11 Amiibo.  Either way I'll still get MM11 on PS4, since Capcom has abandoned Switch for retail releases and PS4 has them.

While I still detest the game is 3D, it's shaping up to look like one of the better 3D games even if it's well short of looking as good as any of the 2D games.  I'm liking the bosses so far, although the size difference between Fuse Man and Mega Man is extremely jarring.  Fuse Man looks like he should be on par size wise with Mega Man design wise, but he looks like he's a good 25-50% bigger because he's a "Boss" and bosses have to be big.  Scale just looks way off between them.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about this.  Hopefully they don't load it down with DLC modes/characters.  Again.

Oh who am I kidding.  They will for sure.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #91 on: 29 May 2018, 18:51:42 »

i think it's all physical forms. 

As far as music, not too keen on it.  Maybe it will grow on me.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #92 on: 29 May 2018, 19:59:11 »

Yes, but Switch "retail" versions have a growing number of "not really retail because literally part of the games final code is not on the cartridge and is literally unbootable/playable in any way shape or form without downloading the rest of the game" or "Portions of the game or games are actually digital downloads even though this is a retail release" releases.

If Mega Man 11 for Switch is one, I'll be skipping buying one to play, and will only have bought it to get the amiibo, which is held hostage with in a "retail" bundle.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #93 on: 29 May 2018, 22:27:13 »

Preordered the amiibo edition as well. Hoping the Switch cart has the whole game as well. If not, I'll be getting it on PS4 too.

And I really like Fuse Man's design, but I do agree that his size looks off.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2018, 23:15:36 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #94 on: 30 May 2018, 00:19:57 »

Is it me or do all the bosses look edgy (Like Shadow the Hedgehog Edgy)?

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #95 on: 30 May 2018, 01:12:56 »

The blue one on the right and the ice bot definitely have that feel in their design, the rest look normal to me.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2018, 01:22:07 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #96 on: 30 May 2018, 12:43:54 »

Some people seem to assume the robot masters are the following

*The Two we know of*

Block Man
Fuse Man

*The Green one*

Acid Man

*The one with crystals*

Tundra Man

*The Blue Edgy One*

Blast Man

*The Red Fire One*

Torch Man

*The One With The Spike On Its Head*

Impact Man

*The Astro/Galaxy Eyes One*

Bounce Man
Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #97 on: 30 May 2018, 15:57:44 »

Looks good, and I'm excited to see how intuitive the double gear system feels. Call me cautiously optimistic!
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #98 on: 30 May 2018, 16:34:35 »

I really hope it does well and sells well.  I don't think Mega Man has ever had a game sell over 2 million units. 

I can only think that this is due to poor marketing on Capcom's part, even for the games that are good.  Where Mario (Who is obviously a household name), and Sonic (despite modern games being complete #####), sell like hot cakes, because they are more advertised.  But I could be completely wrong and just talking out of my ass.  Who knows really.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #99 on: 30 May 2018, 18:14:21 »

This looks so much better now than before. Gameplay actually looks tight enough and I surprising am into the voice acting for the most part. Double Gear looks a bit like an easy mode but whatever.

They definitely wanted to modernize stuff, for better or worse. Not a fan of 2.5D but I can deal with it.

Is it confirmed you need to preorder to get the amiibo? I had to import my Megaman one from Japan so I never took it out of the packaging (it looks so nice), it would be nice to have a usable one... I just detest preordering.

Think any of these new RMs are female? Splash Woman was fantastic.

Edit: Took a closer look, I don't like that run cycle or his animations in general but I'm willing to look past it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 11
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string