MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
13 December 2017, 11:51:59
Radio (OFFLINE)Gallery (OFFLINE)MBoardRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  Topic: MMMQuest 199X - a CYOA "RPG"
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: MMMQuest 199X - a CYOA "RPG"  (Read 183 times)
Snare
Super Robot

« on: 2 December 2017, 06:16:58 »

That's right. I'm just that bored with my life these days and I just can't stop thinking of you guys. Surely something like this would have done much better during the Mboard's golden age but maybe, just maybe if people just drop in now and then we can get this thing going. Maybe have a few laughs while we're at it, find some treasure, rescue upwards of one princess and perhaps more.

I have a loose idea when it comes to plot. Really freaking loose but as long as I have bits and pieces thought up, the rest should just flow. Plus all y'all will be pitching in suggestions on where to go or what to touch with your gross unwashed hands. I may be the DM so to speak but I don't wanna be a railroader you know? No one's hopping on THAT train while Snarey is on DM duty (BM doody). Yes I'm planning on having combat and I have the dice situation covered. There's going to be stats and junk maybe. Probably maps maybe and inventories perhaps.

I still don't have a computer so I'm drawing things with whatever I have on hand. Crayons, chalk, paint, scrap paper, good paper, expensive rare imported thousand times folded japanese paper, q-tips, feathers, rocks, walls whatever I find. Bugs.

OH.

We should get started.

GASP! ALREADY MYSTERY.

Although before we can get SUPER started we should probably pick a guy.

Alright, so pick a guy and let's get this show on the road.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 2 December 2017, 15:29:06 »

I say we pick Mikero, skill stats are more fun than 'blow up door' or 'cut down door'.

Also ninja.

Also I look amazing.

RedBeard
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 3 December 2017, 00:53:21 »

My HP is low because I'm old...  Pick me because I'm easy mode!

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 4 December 2017, 00:10:50 »

Did a coin flip instead of waiting for results. That's how we do things these days.

Mikero finds himself in what appears to be Mega Man Matrix's central hub room but instead of the pleasant whirring of computers and tippity-tapping of operators clacking away at the various keyboards and dials he is met with a dead silence broken only by the sounds of his own joints cracking as he gathers himself and stands up.

This place has seen better days, that's for sure.

"This place has seen better days."

"Just confirming aloud that I do not know how or why I'm here. Cool?

The main monitor in the room is quite obviously non-functioning. There's a faint clicking noise from the general area every once in awhile.

The two large computers flanking the room are similarly unresponsive. Not that you'd be able to do much with them. While you've been a high ranking and highly respected member of the Matrix for ages, there has never been a need to become involved with the 'pooters.

The console is still powered as the small dated monitor on it appears to be on screensaver mode. Was this always there??

Both metal shutter doors to the east and west are locked. The western door has a strange blue mush seeping from the base. The mush glows and has been providing at least 90% of the luminosity experienced.

Thecoffee in the corner is NOT fresh. It appears some ass replaced all the cream in those little cream packets with tiny cylinders of cheese.

Was THIS always here??

WHAT WILL MIKE DO FOLKS? Look for things to pocket? Eat the mush and the little cheeses?

Edit- remember to actually color in Mikes face cause holy hell talk about white washing.
« Last Edit: 4 December 2017, 06:39:30 by Snare » Logged
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4 on: 4 December 2017, 01:43:38 »

take coffee pot

I suspect it will come in handy in the final boss fight.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 4 December 2017, 15:43:19 »

Eat the mush in a hopeless attempt to gain its power.

how do i sign this
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 5 December 2017, 01:10:43 »

Investigate the clicky

RedBeard
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 5 December 2017, 16:48:10 »

I can't believe you've done this.

I love it. Everything about this is fantastic. Are you using cut outs of characters and like "sets"? Like the greatest puppet show ever? This is fantastical.

I say we pick Mikero, skill stats are more fun than 'blow up door' or 'cut down door'.

Also ninja.

Also I look amazing.

You just picked hard mode because I am a man of colour (except in this first chapter evidently).

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 7 December 2017, 14:26:58 »

Plus I'm staff (and have a staff), so really, what challenge would there have been?  There are all of like, 4 rooms I can't get into.

Posted on:  5 December 2017, 17:38:39

<reboot>

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 7 December 2017, 20:07:58 »

I haven't forgotten at all! I have mostly everything ready for the update but formatting is cumbersome with a tablet and I wanted to get some battle assets done.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 7 December 2017, 20:19:20 »

<REBOOT>

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 7 December 2017, 22:32:49 »

Keep your manteau on Rez! It'sa comin'!

Mikero remembered an essential survival technique that was passed on to him from his days as a Junior Ninja Scout (like the boy scouts but better because girls are and were always allowed in):

"When you're in a spooky place
don't haphazardly start to pace
No no no! Stay put instead!
And wait for signs
from your head!"

and lo;

Quote from:  UNWANTED THOUGHT
The Coffee Pot.

Suddenly Mike is fixed on the coffee pot in the corner of the room. It... It must be important. Maybe you were here on a coffee run and bumped your head and passed out... and wrecked everything... somehow?

The coffee is rancorous. There is obvious mold. You still pocket two cups of the stuff.

You got Weak Brew x2! Adds +1 to your initiative rolls for the remainder of the battle upon use!

: "Is... this some sort of kombucha coffee type thing?"
:"I blame Opal for this."

The Blue Mush. Power.

Another memory came flowing back to Mike. This time of his nana.

Quote from:  Nana <3
"Drinking straaaaange mush you find lying around is good for you and can give you powers!"

Mike loves his gramgrams <3 <3

Mike would normally earn 2 Happy Fuzzy points at this moment but we don't commodify or quantify joy 'round these parts. Nope, that's something you get to keep in your heart to help you press on through life.

The Clicking Screen

Upon peaking closer at the broken monito-

:"GODDAMNBUGS EVERYWHEREBUGS IHATEBUGS IHATELEGS

Oh dear. It appears a particularly large bug looking thing (probably a type of bug) has taken residence inside the broken screen. Nature always finds a way.

Okay so we'll do battle in a bit, I guess! We'll go over how that goes in a bit. And by that I mean I'll make stuff up as I go because why not?

But look, I mean it about the dice!

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #12 on: 7 December 2017, 22:57:13 »

As a ninja he should roll natural 20s every time... 

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 8 December 2017, 00:02:20 »

Tut tut

He will not have access to ninja dice and he will have appropriate modifiers just as you would and just like the rest of us. So go ahead and bop me with your stick. I'm applying -19 to all of your physical throws.

Neener neener
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 8 December 2017, 02:27:10 »

I wanted to bring back old times by making a picture of myself, uninvited, participating.

but I can't be arsed.  So this post will just have to suffice.

Anyway, Snare, you can't fool me.  That's not a bug, it's a feature.  It is clear that Mike and the feature must team up to solve the mystery of the haunted MMM.  Perhaps the feature has some useful information about what happened.  PERHAPS Mike must overcome his fear of features and learn to love the feature, to grow with the feature, and accept this feature presentation.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 8 December 2017, 04:36:50 »

So, roll the dice.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 8 December 2017, 05:51:03 »

So with the negative penalty your sum is 9980

AngryAngry! Stop god moding the game!!

Posted on:  8 December 2017, 00:48:52

Anyway, Snare, you can't fool me.  That's not a bug, it's a feature.  It is clear that Mike and the feature must team up to solve the mystery of the haunted MMM.  Perhaps the feature has some useful information about what happened.  PERHAPS Mike must overcome his fear of features and learn to love the feature, to grow with the feature, and accept this feature presentation.

The only features here are these creepy creatures. Features: Creatures!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 8 December 2017, 12:15:05 »

I miss you Granero!

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #18 on: 8 December 2017, 18:10:19 »

I have no idea what's happening at this point.  How are we doing combat?  Do we even need to give a command?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 8 December 2017, 18:17:48 »

Ninja kick the damn insect! Do somethin'!

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 8 December 2017, 19:52:31 »

Oh. Well. I have to make stuff for the combat systen first. This is a slow paced adventure. Like every three or four days. How it's going to go down is there will be options like Basic Attack (there will be different weapons with different properties), Skills (spells, techs, etc. Mike starts with a water based tech but after leveling up, can either power up that current spell or learn more and branch out), you can use items/defend/flee.

I just don't have the assets fully formed, I'm keeping numbers on the easier to deal with side of things (like Paper Mario?). Right now I'm drawing ugly fruit instead of this. I made a pear if you'd like to see it. Mike will kick the insect soon OR maybe become host to a brood of insectlings.
« Last Edit: 8 December 2017, 21:27:40 by Snare » Logged
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 8 December 2017, 19:59:06 »

This pear needs an orthodontist.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 8 December 2017, 21:38:36 »

Oh geez the four front teeth are based off mine really. I've gone through braces twice but I clench my jaw like crazy (i'm proud to announce i broke my upper metal retainer) and my bite reverted a bit. I never want cosmetic orthodontic work ever ever again. Don't let my gorgeous exterior deceive; I have pug genes.

Oh so this is relevant here's what Snare looks like these days since he's a poppy now.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 9 December 2017, 03:04:24 »

I second ninja kicking the damn insect.

how do i sign this
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #24 on: 10 December 2017, 19:15:39 »

Son, that's something out of Resident Evil there.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 11 December 2017, 20:03:12 »

... among the crosses row by row...

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  Topic: MMMQuest 199X - a CYOA "RPG"
Jump to: