MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 21:44:45
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  : Force me (or eachother) to draw Robot Masters/Mavericks! New: Munition Mallard
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Force me (or eachother) to draw Robot Masters/Mavericks! New: Munition Mallard  (Read 4341 times)
Snare
Super Robot

« on: 9 September 2017, 02:34:26 »

Righto, just as it says. Suggest a random robot master or maverick. Be as logical or as stupid as you wish. Ideas? I dunno. Gold Man, Spiral Man, Pasta Woman, Titan Gnat, Molten Mandrake, Pasta Bear. It's easy!

Anyone who wants to should join in and draw too.

Here's Gold Man. His extensive use of business jargon will have his associates as malleable as his namesake. He shoots giant coins from the slot on his left arm thinger.  8)

look i didnt say it had to be good ok?
« Last Edit: 13 September 2017, 18:30:02 by Snare » Logged
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 9 September 2017, 08:04:29 »

YOU ASKED FOR IT.

Genderfluid Finger
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Man
Eldritch Elephant

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 9 September 2017, 19:47:32 »

I'm totally designing Eldritch Elephant. I can make this work.

Edit: design is mostly thought of. Later on I'll draw out a completed design and paint it.

Thankfully there's already plenty of inspiration for eldritch elephants out there! Mostly thanks to Dali....

Posted on:  9 September 2017, 09:57:04

Eldritch Elephant. This big pink pachiderm showed out of nowhere. Apparently classified as an extra-planar aberration, he causes everyone to subtract 6 points from all saving dice throws. Whatever that means?
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 9 September 2017, 21:48:49 »

Ooooh that's nice!

Snare you're super talented with the paints.

I may jump in too at some point.

How about a Maverick something along the lines of Lotus Sasquatch?

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 9 September 2017, 23:14:33 »

Oh, why thank you. I started painting recently. I hope to get good so I can... Well I don't actually know but right now I'm just taking things really slowly and just painting.

I can definitely work with Lotus Sasquatch, the general design came to mind quickly.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2017, 04:27:36 »

I love this idea.

Gold Man needs a henchman named Sachs.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2017, 06:30:47 »

Congress Man beats Gold Man.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2017, 10:21:05 »

Alright, I'll pitch some.

Cosmic Star-nosed Mole.
Ignis Isopoda.
Hedonist Hemiptera. (Sparkly Shield Bug?)

White Shadow
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2017, 03:01:34 »

Sachs would totally have that higher pitched Bostonian mobster voice. "EEEEY I'M TRYNNA WOIK HEERE!!". Sachs is also a robot sack of money.

Ignis Isopoda should actually be an actual maverick. I'm surprised there isn't an isopod maverick already seeing as how the Japanese generally and genuinely love their isopods.

Also I didn't realise you were a fellow ento. *reveals tattoos on knuckles that read: "SGUB ELUR"* inked em myself. I would imagine a hedonistic hemipteran to be a big lazy cicada, ties in with that Aesop fable. Although scale bugs are pretty hedonistic seeing as how once settled (the females) never move.

Other hemipteran maverick ideas:
-Sonic Cicada (I'm sure this has been done)
-Glide Strider
-Genesis Aphid (the females give birth to genetically identical clones of themselves. Parthenogenesis, man)
-Reap Waterscorp
-Caustic Stinkbug

Anyway I'm gonna start hitting the sketchpad and hopefully finish some.

Reposting because there's a new one.
Lotus Sasquatch will force you to open your chakras or he'll do it himself. With arms.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2017, 03:56:37 »

I pitched this one in a chat stream a few weeks back...

Munition Mallard.  Maverick Hunter designed to look comically absurd to throw off his opponents.  Cartoonishly silly in a Donald/Daffy Duck sense, he uses high explosives and high caliber cannons to demolish his foes.  Unfortunately, his appearance also draws scorn and mockery from his fellow hunters, earning him the nick name "Demolition Duck".  The endless mockery and lack of respect from anyone eventually driving him to become a Maverick... where upon he still receives no respect at all.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 11 September 2017, 10:51:35 »

Sachs would totally have that higher pitched Bostonian mobster voice. "EEEEY I'M TRYNNA WOIK HEERE!!". Sachs is also a robot sack of money.

Ignis Isopoda should actually be an actual maverick. I'm surprised there isn't an isopod maverick already seeing as how the Japanese generally and genuinely love their isopods.

Also I didn't realise you were a fellow ento. *reveals tattoos on knuckles that read: "SGUB ELUR"* inked em myself. I would imagine a hedonistic hemipteran to be a big lazy cicada, ties in with that Aesop fable. Although scale bugs are pretty hedonistic seeing as how once settled (the females) never move.

Other hemipteran maverick ideas:
-Sonic Cicada (I'm sure this has been done)
-Glide Strider
-Genesis Aphid (the females give birth to genetically identical clones of themselves. Parthenogenesis, man)
-Reap Waterscorp
-Caustic Stinkbug

Anyway I'm gonna start hitting the sketchpad and hopefully finish some.

Reposting because there's a new one.
Lotus Sasquatch will force you to open your chakras or he'll do it himself. With arms.

Not totally ento, but there's few interesting insect mavericks and I just looked some up I knew hat unique features that would be workable to design around.

Also: Daddy Longlegs, but I can't come up with an interesting attribute. Blade Harvestman? I dunno.
« Last Edit: 11 September 2017, 10:57:26 by White Shadow » Logged

White Shadow
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 12 September 2017, 00:04:25 »

A harvestman (I'm an ass and refer to them as opiliones) maverick would be awesome. Their bodies are fused a degree  further than spiders in that they are basically just spheres with legs.

Anyway, I have very rough sketches for Isopod and Mallard (love that idea) so far.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 12 September 2017, 05:39:34 »

Retirement man.
This could have several variants between an old man who just can't even anymore, and a generally young (for an old person) yacht club enthusiast who's really wealthy and actually kind of a dick about it.

Woke Tardigrade
The Repliforce is no match for his awakenedness.
I'm really surprised "awakendness" has a wikipedia page,  it very  much doesn't seem like a real word.

Wily Devil

Another choose your own adventure suggestion.  Is this a yellow devil type Wily devil, made entirely of Wilys... or has Albert finally become a member of the legion of the damned?
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 12 September 2017, 07:04:54 »

In the spirit of Enker, Ballade, Punk, Blues...

Would any present music genre fit into a robot master design?

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #14 on: 12 September 2017, 09:58:39 »

In the spirit of Enker, Ballade, Punk, Blues...

Would any present music genre fit into a robot master design?

Justice Beaver!

White Shadow
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 12 September 2017, 14:19:54 »

Rap Man!

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 12 September 2017, 17:48:24 »

Vapor(wave) Vole?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 12 September 2017, 17:49:15 »

Mole, Planty.  It's spelled Mole.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 12 September 2017, 20:14:47 »

I can't tell if you're facetious or not but voles are real creatures. Just like snot flowers and gibbons.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 12 September 2017, 20:35:55 »

...looks like I'll be planting a garden in the mauling tent after all.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 12 September 2017, 21:42:43 »

Why would it be named --- Man?
It isn't Punk Man or Blues Man or Blue Man Group or Gospel Dog.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 12 September 2017, 22:14:04 »

Blue Man Group Man?  That doesn't make a lick of sense, son.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 12 September 2017, 23:25:22 »

In all seriousness I wouldn't mind making a series of bots based on musical genres/styles. Polka, Baroque, Trip, Dubs, Pop, Glam... Again it's easy to create neat designs for each. Polka has Accordi-Arms.

And Rez, you might enjoy gardening. You get to govern a plot of land and basically decide who gets to live and who must perish. You have total control over these anchored lifeforms, forced to live because a man willed them to. They are to serve by being useful or looking good... And as soon as they can no longer perform those tasks... They are culled. Therapeutic.

I like to garden because the colors are pretty.
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #23 on: 13 September 2017, 10:36:35 »

Grunge could work, I guess?

White Shadow
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #24 on: 13 September 2017, 14:43:37 »

Snare, I already get to do that here.  WITH YOU.

Don't forget Concerto, White Shadow.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 13 September 2017, 18:29:15 »

I know, Rez. I was just hop-err thinking that you'd like to expand your pool of abusees. Also I'll point out that a concerto is not a genre or a style but rather describes a piece of music written to showcase a (or a few) particular instrument or instruments with the orchestra being more for accent.

I'm running out of watercolor paper. Here's a rough sketch of Munitions Mallard. Various compartments open up on his body to reveal an assortment of guns and cannons. His neck is retractable. The two quickly scribbled on cannons on his back are named Giggles and Guffaw.

Could be cartoonier. But he sports a robot bowtie and has attire based on renaissance bardal period attire to drive home his lamosity.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #26 on: 13 September 2017, 19:52:43 »

You just earned a "get out of the mauling tent" ticket.  Excellent job!

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 14 September 2017, 19:02:38 »

Glad you liked him. I could've had it up the very same day you pitched the idea but I was trying to wait until I made a painting but... dwindling resources and I'm seldom in the mood to go into town for supplies. Unless Mikero knows a place within walking distance.

Knowing me, I'll be using this coupon soon. *turns around, accidentally knocking over a vase labeled "Rez's Favorite Ming Vase DO NOT BREAK"* haha woops
« Last Edit: 14 September 2017, 19:50:38 by Snare » Logged
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 14 September 2017, 22:14:03 »

I forgot to comment, but Lotus Sasquatch is beautiful.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 20 September 2017, 21:07:03 »

dwindling resources and I'm seldom in the mood to go into town for supplies. Unless Mikero knows a place within walking distance.

What part of town you in these days, B?

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #30 on: 21 September 2017, 01:09:40 »

The seedy part...

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 21 September 2017, 02:40:29 »

Only cause plants fare poorly in the shady area of town.

Uh I'm in Centrepointe like a quadrillisecond away from Algonquin College. I just hate how everything is so sprawled away in Canadian cities. Everything should be close by, absolutely no cars or other people allowed. Just me and all the stores alone. In walking distance. And also all the people working are NPCs and not actually real.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #32 on: 23 September 2017, 00:00:37 »

Thought you'd get a kick out of this Snare...

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 23 September 2017, 03:24:05 »

Yeeeeeees. YES. This is what collaborative design should be. Same artist who did the artwork for your Robot Masters?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #34 on: 23 September 2017, 20:18:16 »

Yep!

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 26 September 2017, 06:29:14 »

That's seriously awesome. I need be reforced to make more paintings. I recently purchased a cute bird that eats up all of my time. It's not needy or anything, I'm just trying to teach it all of my various passwords in case I forget. I also want to teach it to unlock the back door because I always leave my keys on my desk and never in my pocket like a normal person.

How does Rotate Starfish sound guys?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #36 on: 26 September 2017, 14:17:57 »

Buzzsaw Starfish sounds more badass.  Whirlpool Starfish is more watery with the spin thing included.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 28 September 2017, 07:58:46 »

Bombast Man

A boss that sort of mimics Wily's MO but with some variation. His health is visible throughout the entire level (I mean, unless this is a hindrance) because he's actively going through inaccessible trapdoors and hallways to get to special switches to mess with you. For example one of them might be a piano that, when the keys are struck, huge hammers strike down in Mega Man's path. The level itself is extra difficult due to this change-up in the formula and because traps like these are given more than just a simple pattern, but a player-reactive AI and so they act more like some of the smarter enemies you'll encounter. When you get to the boss room, he has a glass cannon fighting style and dies quickly.

I know that's not so much of a physical description but I'm wondering what other people imagine when I describe this type of character.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #38 on: 1 October 2017, 18:56:04 »

I don't get it.

White Shadow
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 3 October 2017, 15:47:17 »

Only cause plants fare poorly in the shady area of town.

Uh I'm in Centrepointe like a quadrillisecond away from Algonquin College. I just hate how everything is so sprawled away in Canadian cities. Everything should be close by, absolutely no cars or other people allowed. Just me and all the stores alone. In walking distance. And also all the people working are NPCs and not actually real.

Even 'Ronto and 'Treal don't have that!

Centrepointe, eh... You're kind of far from the best art supplies stores to be honest. The last Wallacks is downtown but I did hear there's a DeSerres like in Bells Corners which shouldn't be too bad. The Algonquin College book store might do you OK for some stuff. They've expanded their supplies since I went there, if you haven't checked it out. There's also a Michael's next to that big ass Ikea but I haven't been in there in years so I'm not sure if it's more "crafty" than "art supplies".

I just moved to Barrhaven so I'll have to look into that DeSerres sometime, might be the best option.

Edit: DeSerres in "Nepean" (Bells Corners)

Bombast Man

For example one of them might be a piano that, when the keys are struck, huge hammers strike down in Mega Man's path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaCN82bHFHU

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 3 October 2017, 16:19:15 »

So that's where the piano scene during the intro comes from. Goddamn you Roiland and your stupid pasty face that I don't really want to smooch ever cause that's.... Weird right? *wistful sigh*

I think the Algonquin book store might be worth checking out. Physically the closest place. I used to buy supplies there quite often. Good thinking. That's why you're The Smart Mike. I'm The Heart Mike. We're just missing Fart Mike and Part(-time) Mike.

Majikn, I should probably attempt to draw what I imagine. Essentially a robot version of Dampierre from Soul Calibur comes to mind.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 3 October 2017, 19:16:39 »

So that's where the piano scene during the intro comes from. Goddamn you Roiland and your stupid pasty face that I don't really want to smooch ever cause that's.... Weird right? *wistful sigh*

Gotta ride out those credits, it's like a Marvel film.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 4 October 2017, 13:50:33 »

Haha, for what it's worth I've never seen that show. I didn't knowingly rip it off so blatantly. But that's pretty close to what I was thinking of.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 4 October 2017, 20:04:57 »

You were only beat the punch recently. Season 3 like, just aired a few months ago. Still a music themed stage would be fun. Although it's hard to think of a reason for Mega Man to go to a music instrument emporium. Oh. No. Jazz Man is playing slightly too loud! Go ask him to turn it down a notch and/or kill him.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 4 October 2017, 21:06:34 »

The problem with Jazz Man is he has no respect for rules.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #45 on: 5 October 2017, 17:37:26 »

You're thinking of Beat Man.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  : Force me (or eachother) to draw Robot Masters/Mavericks! New: Munition Mallard
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string