MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 22:39:09
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  : Mega Man Endless Mettle (Take 2)
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Endless Mettle (Take 2)  (Read 1105 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« on: 7 September 2017, 14:59:40 »

Something went horribly HORRIBLY wrong with the last thread.  So let's try again.

So, this project has come to a screeching hault as all my assets have stopped working (ie game maker).  I'm not giving up on it, but I can't do any more work on it and it's well beyond my skill set at this point.

HOWEVER!  I was able to get it this far into some testing, so I thought I'd share it so folks can get a taste of what's to come (someday).

This is a VEEEEEERY Alpha build, used to test layout and jumps and what not, so a LOT of it has some problem areas (that I've fixed since on the maps, but not been able to update).  The music is not final (it's clearly placeholder).  There are no animated tiles/backgrounds.  There are no enemies.  Boss doors don't work.  But you get a feeling for where it's going, and I think it has a solid Mega Man feel to it, despite my poor art skills (I've done pretty much all the art on this myself).  And by art I mean sprites.  Art I did NOT do would be the revision for Beat Man (Included below!).  Looks pretty fly eh?  EH?!

So, enjoy.  Or not.  I don't care!  I'll also share some other stuff in the thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o1r6q83xrdc4j4/MMEMTest10.rar?dl=0

Also, below is an example of changes from this testing build, with Dice Man's current stage after new tile/art modifications and stage layout changes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6ccnp9zeah14ad/Dice%20Man%20Stage%20v03.png?dl=0

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 7 September 2017, 16:42:39 »

Okay, I'm sad Beat Man isn't canon because that's just genius. He's two kinds of beat boxer: a vocal percussionist AND a sonic pugilist.

I am really interested in any other robot master concepts you have. Sadly I can't test out the game or contribute in a meaningful way as I only have an Android tablet at my disposal, otherwise I'd be down to help out with tiles, enemies, etc
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 7 September 2017, 18:52:40 »

You can't see it in that angle, but his helmet is a backwards cap too.

Most of the Robot Masters are the same ones from the post I made years back, with the exception of Dusk Man being replaced by Quake Man.

Sorry to hear your locked into a tablet Snare.  I'll post some more stuff tonight so you can see it.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 7 September 2017, 22:12:33 »

I played for a bit. Specifically Punch Man's stage. Interesting stuff, and a very good feel aside from the ladder bug you probably already know about.

However, I was unable to close the program without killing it in task manager, and my computer started acting doing weird things I've never seen it do before, until I restarted it. Audio glitches and whatnot. I wish I could remember right now what else happened (I think it was just general slowing down of my PC), and I'm not certain any of it's related.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4 on: 8 September 2017, 04:34:49 »

Game maker is buggy as hell on my computer when I use it as well (to the point it just doesn't work anymore, hence the pause on work on the project).  I've done quite a bit of improvement on things since, so I'm actually rather embarrassed by how bad some of the stuff in this testing build is.

Posted on:  7 September 2017, 21:38:41

Here's Quake Man.  His ball and chain crusher can cause major damage.  He can also grab the chain on his head and pull it off to double wield for double damage!  His heavy body and weighted feet cause major ground displacement as well.  His weapon, the Lead Foot, can crush enemies below Mega Man as well as cause shock waves that go to the left and right when he lands.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 8 September 2017, 18:48:26 »

Dice Man tiles look much better now.

White Shadow
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 8 September 2017, 19:13:31 »

They were awful in the first go.  I was really struggling with it.  I'm still not 100% happy with it, but I'm at the limit of my skills.  Plus I don't want things to get TOO busy, like the later games became.  I liked the simpler look of the first 4 games.  It's a tough tightrope to balance.

Punch Man's stage has had some significant changes to it as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6ccnp9zeah14ad/Dice%20Man%20Stage%20v03.png?dl=0

« Last Edit: 8 September 2017, 19:24:16 by TheRedPriest » Logged

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  : Mega Man Endless Mettle (Take 2)
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string