MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 11:18:47
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Maker
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Mega Maker  (Read 1764 times)
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« on: 16 July 2017, 10:20:44 »

I didn't see this topic here, so I'm dropping it for you guys in case you're unaware.

Mega Man has a "Mario Maker" equivalent made by the fans.

https://mega-maker.com/

Download it. Play it now.

I'm also streaming it on my twitch under my modern name "Lulladin". Me and Fatso were playing it the day of release yesterday. It's pretty good, although a few bugs here and there.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2017, 17:25:16 »

It's a walking C&D with how they were begging for Patreon money from the onset, on top of Capcom experimenting with Universe and still technically making sales on Powered Up off the PSN, but it's an overall adequate program for people that don't want to mess with any of the multitude of game maker engines out there.

I made a sample stage to trial a gauntlet situation, if anyone's bored and curious. Level ID is 8572

If anyone else makes levels, I'd love to try them out, unless you're one of those people that want to Kaizo in a game series without the mobility options that allows that genre to work, in which case I shall hate you.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2017, 20:22:11 »

Is it just my crappy PC or does the game's physics run a bit slower than the actual games? Mega Man runs and jumps much slower for me.

It's a neat level maker at least, though I had the game crash on me playing a level.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2017, 21:43:03 »

Nah, lots of people note the engine sucks and isn't optimized properly at this time. Larger stages seem to load all at once, as opposed to loading in based on screen transitions, on top of people not optimizing their stages with said transitions to keep things smooth. The guy who made this engine also created the "Make a Good Mega Man Level 2" contest engine, and it had many of the same problems going for it in regards to overloading and underperforming.

Another example of bad engine in action is a stage called "Bombman in Cyberspace", where it seems the game stutters due to all the flashing stage elements like the light bars from Sparkman's stage or the electric ground from Brightman's level. Those would be simple alternating graphics, but seems it takes a bit more from this engine.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2017, 22:05:04 »

Yeah, after hosting a friend (who has a crappy PC), I noticed MAJOR slowdown. I'm fine for the most part, but the more you put in your level, the slower it gets.

Also, you should search "Mikero" when looking up levels. You might find something familiar...  ;)

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2017, 22:32:41 »

The Mikero level is the largest I've saved thus far, clocking in at 319 kb, while most stages are in the low 100 kb range. It also took a bit to load online for some reason, as well as chugged and struggled like Michael J Fox as far as framerate goes. I'm hoping they end up with a warning or something when stages get too large for this thing to handle in the maker stage, and possibly have the larger levels as their own search function. Smaller stages run smooth as butter, but the bigger ones are where the pain starts to set in.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2017, 04:43:30 »

Grabbed it before the C&D hits.  I'll probably try it eventually.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 17 July 2017, 06:10:47 »

My two levels, while me and Fatso did comment how there is a slight lag to Mega Man's movements, don't normally produce much lag. If there's too much slowdown, it might be your PC, not just the level.

However, I did run into a Shovel Knight remake level and it was MASSIVE. It slowed down EVERYTHING. Even my PC can't handle it.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2017, 16:38:21 »

They did two updates thus far, and the second is the best by a mile, as it improved performance for most players. Now the Mikero stage doesn't stutter every third second, and is quite playable at this point. They also axed a winamp plugin so the program could support .nsf files, and now using some chiptune thing that's in the changelog.

I'm more impressed than I initially expected of this, seeing as I figured it would be more of a proof of concept as opposed to an actually updated thing, since you know, fan game impressions with a hint of C&D at any given moment.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2017, 18:59:17 »

These things are always unpredictable.  The better it gets the better though, I suppose.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 20 July 2017, 08:00:00 »

The editor is pretty fun, but I'll probably wait until a few more fixes are out before going back to it.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 20 July 2017, 16:00:31 »

I'm honoured to have a level made after me, I can't wait to try it!
« Last Edit: 6 September 2017, 14:46:16 by Mikero » Logged

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #12 on: 22 July 2017, 14:38:47 »

After giving it some thought for a few days, I finally sat down and created a new stage based upon a concept of invading a Wily stage through non-conventional methods. I also experimented with the boss room and had a pleasant accident, though I'll keep that as a surprise. If you like MM3, you'll probably enjoy the level of difficulty of this stage, since I made it to also protest all the garbage non-MM styled stages people are putting up.

Stage Name: Invade the Base
Stage ID: 53156

Also have a mini-PSA; You can only have 10 custom stages online at any time.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 23 July 2017, 07:12:51 »

I don't think that will be a problem.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Maker
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string