MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 02:40:48
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: Show your Music!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Print
Author Topic: Matricians: Show your Music!  (Read 343074 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1250 on: 17 May 2018, 21:01:06 »

A'ight I'm not a huge Gorillaz fan so I only listened to the songs I know but that is REALLY well done.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1251 on: 24 July 2018, 07:29:57 »

So... I've had pretty decent luck with over-ear headphones. My last set I bought in 2011 and they died in 2016, and I have this new pair from Sennheiser that I got for half price since then.

My trouble is with on-ear travel headphones. I used to wear cheap buds for a long time. I ended up switching to Sony travel headphones a couple years back. The case still works but the cord seems to be frayed on the inside around the plug, and this seems to have happened relatively soon compared to my other headphones. With me not going back to buds I'm left wondering what kind of travel headphones I should look for. Basically I'm looking for the best value with reasonable sound quality in the long term.

Also a lot of headphones seem to advertise their bass quality over everything else and I don't really get that. I mean I guess I do, but the kind of music I listen to often has a lot more than just bass, and it would leave something to be desired if a nuanced, balanced song was otherwise drowned out by its bass portions. I have very little idea if and how much I know what I'm even talking about here, but I know some of you are way more into music than I've ever been so I might benefit from some of your opinions.

I keep looking at bluetooth headphones, too, and wondering if the trade-off in sound quality is worth avoiding the risk of the cord—seemingly the most flimsy part of any headphone—breaking within weeks or months.

Oh, and... as for actual music. This might be embarrassing to admit, but I only heard Daft Punk's "Alive 2007" album off YouTube just recently. I was never that much into Daft Punk, but fairly recently they just clicked with me.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1252 on: 24 July 2018, 16:18:43 »

That album is fantastic.

Is there a significant trade-off in sound quality with Bluetooth? I mean... I can see that since it's completely digital vs. 3.5mm but I have BT earbuds for the gym and they have pretty impressive sound quality (especially since they weren't expensive). I notice they're not as good as like my over-ear headphones (USB and 3.5mm) but I chalked that up more to them being earbuds than anything else. I've been thinking about BT over-ear headphones so that's very interesting.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1253 on: 24 July 2018, 17:14:21 »

I only believe that from what I've heard. My phone has like a speaker add-on that specifically advertises itself as a higher quality BECAUSE it uses a direct connection and not bluetooth, and I've also heard it mentioned a couple of times by reviewers.

I was about to get a Skullcandy wireless one yesterday but my girlfriend shook her head at me. Said she bought from them once and they're bad quality sound for the price and they also use the port size to pressure you to buy their own proprietary headphone cables (which are of course higher priced). Now I'm not sure at all what to get.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1254 on: 24 July 2018, 19:45:35 »

Yeah I think typically Skullcandy is considered pretty cheapo. I wish I could help ya but I really hate on-ear headphones, they're just too uncomfortable for me.

I will mention that my girlfriend has those triangular DNA ones made by Monster, and I thought the sound quality was pretty decent. Monster made the first generation of Beats by Dre before selling it to Apple, so if you've experienced those it's similar. They aren't gonna be top notch and a quick look at a headphone subreddit shows me that headphone aficionados think they're bad/overpriced (at the time), but once you get into audiophile territory it's another ballgame (especially for price). They do apparently think the Beats Solo 2 are decent sound for the price range. The DNA ones can fold up too so they're decent for travel. I would try them out if you see them in a store, they're not bad. I'd totally get ones at that quality if I saw a good price... and if  on-ear didn't hurt me after a while.

Another thing, you mentioned Sennheiser before. I find my over-ear Sennheiser's really let in a lot outside sound, but they're kind of a cheap model. I've only heard great things about the better models but I imagine their on-ear ones have the same issue. Either way, this article has a Sennheiser pair as well as the DNA ones and the Sony MDR-XB400, which are very popular--but it also mentions the bass as a selling point pretty often. I think that's really just used more as a buzzword nowadays, and what they mean by good bass is good LEVELS. For me a good pair of headphones or speakers lets you feel the air between instruments, not just bass, but often it's easier to measure that by how well bass is translated.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1255 on: 7 December 2018, 22:05:57 »

The whole soundtrack to Rez is great, but this is my favorite track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7vEXFtOwY

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1256 on: 17 May 2019, 09:41:13 »

been listening to the MMMHX soundtrack and i have fallen love with the boomerand kuwanger and storm eagle themes

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1257 on: 17 May 2019, 13:40:34 »

Eh they're ok.  But they don't beat out the original or even the new band album versions.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1258 on: 17 May 2019, 19:12:07 »

I was extremely disappointed in the MHX remixes.  They outright butchered quite a few tracks.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1259 on: 10 December 2019, 22:04:36 »

I accidentally discovered Kim Wilde because Sheetz (a gas station chain on the east coast) was playing her song "Kids in America," and I was like "#####, what is THIS?" It felt like a new wave pop punk dance song and it was great. Ended up checking out her self-titled debut album, and it's great. My favorite track on it is "You'll Never Be So Wrong"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNaZfs58KQY

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1260 on: 11 December 2019, 20:21:07 »

Haha we were talking about the Digimon Movie at work the other day and "Kids In America" came up, I always liked that song but never really listened to other Kim Wilde stuff so I'll check this out.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1261 on: 11 December 2019, 20:58:50 »

Haha we were talking about the Digimon Movie at work the other day and "Kids In America" came up, I always liked that song but never really listened to other Kim Wilde stuff so I'll check this out.

Her YouTube channel has her entire discography there to listen if you don't mind ads between songs.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1262 on: 23 December 2019, 21:42:23 »

Kim Wilde now presents gardening shows on British TV, no joke!

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1263 on: 27 December 2019, 20:00:12 »

Kim Wilde now presents gardening shows on British TV, no joke!

I read about that on her Wikipedia page! Apparently she started when she was pregnant with her first kid because she wanted a garden for her kids to play in, and now she's won awards for her gardening work!

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1264 on: 27 December 2020, 15:12:01 »

I got #####faced before wrapping the kids' gifts on Christmas Eve and made my wife listen to Taylor Swift's albums "folklore" and "evermore". She'd be like "This is a pretty good song," and I'd drunkenly reply "THE WHOLE ALBUM IS SO GOOD."

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1265 on: 4 January 2021, 14:25:10 »

Rocking the Shadowgate 2016 soundtrack I got from my collectors edition of the Switch game.  Freaking thing was just mp3s on a CD.  Not an ACTUAL music CD.  And not even HQ mp3s...  And they didn't have the NES tracks on it.  Actually it was pretty disappointing as a soundtrack extra.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1266 on: 24 January 2021, 15:35:54 »

I'm listening to Isaac Hayes' Shaft soundtrack while doing early Sunday morning IT work.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1267 on: 4 April 2021, 19:34:21 »

Kinny "Floating Zzzzzzz!" is my jam this Sunday afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a657_avbsEU

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1268 on: 26 April 2021, 18:12:12 »

Boy Detective "Mach 5"

https://youtu.be/BJsY-8C5gEw

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1269 on: 30 April 2021, 20:03:28 »

Alpha Lyla used to be at the top of my iPod for a very long time. Since like, 2006 when I got the thing. So often when I went out for a walk to go to work or wherever I was going, the song that would always start if I would just press play straight from the menu was "Again" by Alpha Lyla.

I thought that was so fitting.

I love that album and wish there was more stuff like that out there for iconic games.

There might be, but they're not terribly easy to find.

There's a 20 minute rock medley for Zelda by CarboHydroM, but that's not quite the same feeling. But here it is anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAOfufTsHfg

But anyway here's a guy named Tatsuya Maruyama.
https://tatsuyamaruyama.bandcamp.com/album/collage

I found the song "East Sky" in my music playlist on youtube from around 2012. Turns out I'm pretty sure I found him because it was in Egoraptor's liked videos. He's made a whole lot of music since and I bought some of it.

Oh, and SIM CITY 4 OST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSv37HwwojU
I love the creative mindset that this inspires and that I can just put this on and put myself in that kind of zone for creating stuff.
I never even played Sim City 4.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1270 on: 3 May 2021, 19:33:23 »

The SNES SimCity soundtrack is untouchable.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1271 on: 5 May 2021, 17:54:18 »

Maybe, but every single one of those actual games sucks ##### harder than Ray Parker Jr. sucks at slapping ghost piñatas.
https://youtu.be/0tdyU_gW6WE

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1272 on: 20 June 2021, 21:01:01 »

I've been pretty good about listening to my entire iTunes library, as I work 4 10-hour shifts a week doing IT bull#####. Anyway, I picked up the Monkees' "Greatest Hits" album a while back and every time I start it I'm like, "Eh they weren't that good," but I swear by the end of it I'm like "#####, these dudes had a song catalog almost as strong as The Beatles, who gives a ##### who was writing what."

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1273 on: 20 June 2021, 23:14:39 »

The Monkees weren't about music, Speed Racer.

They were about rebellion, about political and social upheaval!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1274 on: 21 June 2021, 20:09:11 »

And lunch pails!

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1275 on: 29 June 2021, 15:45:00 »

Can't recall the last time I listened to any songs with lyrics. Floating through YouTube & listening to random vaporwave & downtempo I come across.

Either that or OSTs from random games. There's a duo rock group on YouTube called Burning Idol whom have created some pretty neat covers from Donkey Kong Country 2. Those videos were created roughly 10 years ago, but their channel has been more active lately. Their recent post is a short cover from MM7's intro level.

tlo
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1276 on: 4 July 2021, 17:28:00 »

Picked up two albums by The Nostalgia 77 Octet, a cool jazz group I found through iTunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg-VF2lOzWA

Also got Tig Notaro's live album.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1277 on: 21 December 2021, 21:50:33 »

Go listen to music by Atom Rhumba. It'll let you live your best Space Dandy life while the world burns around you.

https://youtu.be/gUQqSRChbK8

https://youtu.be/NzeghsGBheU

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1278 on: 9 January 2023, 15:31:07 »

The new Anti-Flag and Iggy Pop albums are good. Go listen to them.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1279 on: 15 August 2023, 15:41:46 »

The new Anti-Flag and Iggy Pop albums are good. Go listen to them.

Boy, this post didn't age well. ##### Justin Sane (lead of Anti-Flag).

Anywho, I'm blasting the Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike OST while working.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: Show your Music!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string