MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 07:18:19
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1187859 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #100 on: 19 December 2007, 03:32:19 »

I wanna try Psychonauts so bad...
I loved Zim and the Angry Beavers....

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #101 on: 19 December 2007, 03:43:59 »

Tim Schafer is a god, definitely get Psychonauts, or just wait for Brutal Legend, or try looking for an old, used copy of Grim Fandango.
« Last Edit: 20 December 2007, 00:16:22 by Captain Sanoguchi » Logged
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #102 on: 19 December 2007, 03:45:27 »

After starting up Psychonauts, Brutal Legend is way up on my list now.

Reading about it is what inspired me to get up and look for Psychonauts a third time. I finally got lucky now that XBOX Live sells it for download.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #103 on: 19 December 2007, 03:48:17 »

What about Grim Fandango? Doesn't anybody care about Grim Fandango!? It was Tim Schafer's last game with Lucas Arts!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #104 on: 19 December 2007, 03:53:24 »

I WISH I PLAYED IT

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #105 on: 19 December 2007, 04:07:17 »

It's really good, Manny Calavara has to be one of the most opinionated video game characters of all time.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #106 on: 19 December 2007, 05:16:00 »

Here's an idea: try playing it without comparing it to other MegaMan games. Play it as itself.

Just try that. Maybe?

It is a good game, regardless of whether or not it can be agreed upon as a good MEGAMAN game.

When it has MEGA MAN in the title, it's going to be judged against other Mega Man games.  It's not even a good game on it's own, for the crap gameplay issues I (and others) have pointed out numerous times.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #107 on: 19 December 2007, 07:12:51 »

Tim Schafer is a god, defiantly get Psychonauts, or just wait for Brutal Legend, or try looking for an old, used copy of Grim Fandango.

Why does he have to be defiant to get Psychonauts?

(I'm mildly drunk and I got that! Hahahaproudofmyselfhahaha!)

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #108 on: 20 December 2007, 00:23:41 »

Mike I think you're more drunk than you think you are, you just completely altered a word in my post when you quoted me.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #109 on: 20 December 2007, 00:28:33 »

You defiantly edited your post.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #110 on: 20 December 2007, 00:34:07 »

Brütal Legend. I will possible get an Xbox360 just for that game.
Jack Black ftw.

Dopefish
Sniper Joe

« Reply #111 on: 20 December 2007, 00:36:03 »

I'm playing Lord of the Rings: Return of the King for PS2

What Is a Dopefish? Like everything in this world, Wikipedia has the answer!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #112 on: 20 December 2007, 00:39:02 »

Oh no, ASR, you totally saw through the obviousness of my jest.

Oh yeah, dude, Jack Black is awesome and has been dipping his feet into the sea of voice acting lately. (See, it's funny because he was in the movie Shark Tale and that's in the ocean.)
But, I can't just can't see his voice or any variation of his voice comming out of the burly main character of Brütal Legend. But dude, who cares? It's an awesome game where you run around slaying Emos, how awesome is that?
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #113 on: 20 December 2007, 00:43:45 »

Oh no, Sano, you totally missed the joke I was making.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #114 on: 20 December 2007, 00:44:30 »

Defiantly.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #115 on: 20 December 2007, 00:56:13 »

I want to make a post that just says "Yes, defiantly." for comedic effect, but that's a waste of a post, no?

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #116 on: 20 December 2007, 01:14:16 »

"Defiantly" was the name of the game I was playing.

It's like Bull#####, but without cards.

... Yeah.

I stopped playing Disgaea. The game is boring. Not the story, but the gameplay. I've almost completed the challenges in Yu-Gi-Oh! 2007, but I'm thinking about getting either a Gameshark or ActionReplay for the DS instead. It's too tedious, and one's literrally impossible due to bad development on Konami's part.

I'm also still playing LOZ:TP, and replaying Tales of Symphonia with a friend since he hasn't played it yet.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #117 on: 20 December 2007, 10:08:33 »

Tonight some friends and I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance again for the first time since the summer. Holy ##### is that game hard when when one girl gets frustrated and mouthy quickly, one guy #####s around, one guy is me, and the last guy is a total control freak. But I got through it mainly 'cause I was the muscle of the group anyway.

Either way, I think we're almost done now, and I still really like the game.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #118 on: 20 December 2007, 11:24:41 »

I thought it sucked on the Wii.
Looked bad, controlled okay, but didn't do it for me.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #119 on: 20 December 2007, 22:45:02 »

Looks okay I think and the controls are fine. It would suck to play solo though.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #120 on: 20 December 2007, 23:14:59 »

I tried solo and multi.
Both were eh.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #121 on: 20 December 2007, 23:54:30 »

I'm more into it 'cause I'm into comics really. It's the characters and ##### more than the game I like.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #122 on: 21 December 2007, 00:41:40 »

Maybe that's reason I couldn't get into it.
Too many side stories I don't care about.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #123 on: 21 December 2007, 00:44:32 »

I actually thought MUA was decent, but not great. I mean after I beat it I put it down and I don't think I'm going to pick it up ever again.
I mean, the characters are cool and all, but they should have chosen different ones, I mean Spiderman, Deadpool, Blade, The Thing and Wolverine were awesome. Too bad there were plenty of lesser Marvel characters in the game, like a bunch of stupid villians who should remain in the 50s and never be mentioned again, and no Venom was a let down also. Finally, where was the Hulk? Isn't he an iconic enough character!? I mean they even put Bruce Banner in the game to tease you. I mean, I don't know what they were thinking putting obscure characters like Moon Knight and Miss Marvel instead of The Hulk. Hey, at least they didn't put Squirrel Girl in, right?
Rahvin
Metall

« Reply #124 on: 21 December 2007, 00:53:23 »

I've been playing the hell out of Mass Effect since I got it last Friday. I've managed to log in 28 hours of gameplay without making it to Vermir (or whatever the planet is called) yet, all the while juggling work, school, and sleep. Most nights when I play it I usually end up playing until 6 AM, in which I crawl into bed and wake up at 10 AM for work/school.
I know man...that game makes me want to call into work the next day because I stay up so damn late just completing missions and exploring uncharted planets. It kind of reminds me vaguely of Starflight for the Sega Genesis....but not much. I think a couple of my friends are getting pissed at me because they keep calling me to see what I'm up to and I tell them I don't want to do anything tonight....I'm playing Mass Effect.

Did you [spoiler]kill Wrex? I just found the armor, but I maxed out my intimidation today just in case, 'cause I like the big guy.[/spoiler]

Nah, I was going through the first time as a Paragon and had logged like...30 hours before starting the main storyline. So my charm was incredibly high by that time and I was able to save him. Though my nephew played through and when it looked like they were almost at an agreement Ashley shot his brains out...

But yeah, right now I am playing Harvest Moon: Rune Factory, and Rogue Galaxy for the 2nd time. I'm also recording it and going to put it up on Youtube when Windows Movie Maker decides it wants to friggin cooperate... If anyone knows anything about that program please message me on here or AIM, MSN or something... I'll explain my issue to you.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2007, 01:04:38 by Rahvin » Logged
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #125 on: 21 December 2007, 01:06:48 »

I actually thought MUA was decent, but not great. I mean after I beat it I put it down and I don't think I'm going to pick it up ever again.
I mean, the characters are cool and all, but they should have chosen different ones, I mean Spiderman, Deadpool, Blade, The Thing and Wolverine were awesome. Too bad there were plenty of lesser Marvel characters in the game, like a bunch of stupid villians who should remain in the 50s and never be mentioned again, and no Venom was a let down also. Finally, where was the Hulk? Isn't he an iconic enough character!? I mean they even put Bruce Banner in the game to tease you. I mean, I don't know what they were thinking putting obscure characters like Moon Knight and Miss Marvel instead of The Hulk. Hey, at least they didn't put Squirrel Girl in, right?

Okay, you don't know what you're talking about, hun. Venom and Hulk would have been beyond retarded to have in the game. Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel are awesome characters if you actually read Marvel comics. I mean, the game is for people that read the comics, that's the whole reason it's not ONLY iconic characters. To put Hulk in, and make him playable, they would have to bring him down horribly. He would be buckets weaker and thus quite lame.

You can actually unlock the Silver Surfer in the game, and he just destroys everything easily. That's why they made him nearly impossible to unlock without using a code. Having The Hulk in the game right away would make it SO boring because you'd just rip everything in half without any semblance of a challenge.

Venom isn't a hero. Even when they tried that in the comics it didn't work. And again, they'd have to bring him down to make the game work. It would be all wrong. They could have him as a bad guy, but not EVERY Marvel game needs to have Venom. That gets old FAST. And it would fit into the story with Loki about as much as it did to have The Wrecking Crew in, but at least you don't see The Wrecking Crew often even in the comics themselves.

I quite like the fact that you can play as Spider-Woman, Beta Ray Bill, and my personal favourite character in comics (all comics) Luke Cage. If I wanted to play the same game over and over again where I'm Spidey/Wolverine/Cap/Iron Man I can just pick up another Marvel game. The entire idea of this game was for it to have loads of characters to choose from, and have most of them be characters that you don't see in the video games often.

And villain-wise I like it too. I mean, I don't even know how I feel about The Wrecking Crew when I read about them in comics, but other villains that are in the game are great. Loki, even though he's extremely gay, has always been a big deal villain. Then there's other villains you just see for a bit, but man, Bullseye? Winter Soldier? A W E S O M E.

And when it comes to villains; Who other than DOOM?

But yes, I'm sure I won't play the game ever again after we beat it, which is why I've just been renting it instead of buying it. I really like it but I can't play it on my own like at all. And I do understand what you're saying Sano, I just think the whole dynamic of the game would be gone if it was that... campy.

For the record, the team we use is; Luke Cage (me), Captain America, Iceman, and Wolverine.

Edit: I just checked and Venom and Hulk are unlockable in the 360 version, but I'm really sure they'd be worthless. Spider-Man himself sucks in this game.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2007, 01:21:14 by Mikero » Logged

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #126 on: 21 December 2007, 01:41:17 »

Okay, first off, I didn't mean Venom should be a playable character, he'd be funner to fight anyway, also Venom might now be a hero, but he is an antihero, even though Spider-man 3 just made him look like a huge douche. I also wasn't really complaining about Moon Knight and Miss Marvel being in the game, I was just using them as an example of characters most wont recognize, I mean I'm glad to see lesser known characters like Deadpool and Luke Cage get a bit of attention for once. There is only one character I think shouldn't have been in the game, Spider-Woman, I would have even preferred it be Spider-Girl, but you know it should have just been Spider-Man, they really didn't need any of those add on characters. Oh and also, Mikero, I do read comic books. Just The Amazing Spider-Man, but that counts.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #127 on: 21 December 2007, 04:13:17 »

Venom would be fun to fight but just wouldn't work in the story, but it's not like everyone they have in there does work with the story. Venom isn't an antihero though. In the solo Venom comics where he was a hero he was a full on hero, not an antihero like the Punisher. And he sucked at it so they cancelled his series.

Spider-Woman is actually pretty awesome, a book I recommend is Spider-Woman Origins in the trade paperback. It's really good. Anyway if you like Spider-Girl then you're in luck, because you can unlock her in the costume section by playing Spider-Woman. I agree they don't need cloney characters, so at least Spider-Woman's powers are entirely different from Parker's.

Don't worry, I didn't say/know/assume whether or not you read comic books, I just gave a reason why it wasn't campy.

SacredFireman
Metall

« Reply #128 on: 24 December 2007, 17:59:17 »

Wow. I was gonna say I finally started playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Final Fantasy VI.

I'm very early on in both games right now, no I don't know how the story goes and that's what makes it awesome, not knowing what's going to happen.

The fact that Ms. Marvel and Spiderwoman were included made me happy. I'm a fan of both. I'm trying to use all the characters evenly but man am I disappointed that the Human Torch is weak. Bit I guess for him I need to control him so he doesn't just get KO'ed. I also liked that in the field you can escape and return to an area with a new team using "A Portal" in case your characters get KO'ed, very useful.

As for FFVI I'm VERY early on right now. I just saved Terra and am staying at Figaro Castle while trying to remember which characters what.

: TheRedPriest
: Ben
What's supposed to be awful about Rockman ZERO? I'd rather call Original Rockman awful.
You may leave this web site now.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #129 on: 24 December 2007, 18:09:57 »

Man, I don't use any Fantastic Four characters ("New" or regular). But, I decided to see what the characters I hadn't unlocked yet were like so on a different save I put in a code to unlock everyone... Silver Surfer just destroys everyone, as it should be.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #130 on: 24 December 2007, 19:44:24 »

Silver Surfer is the Superman of Marvel.
Too strong and a douche.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #131 on: 24 December 2007, 20:01:36 »

Actually that's The Sentry. Silver Surfer ain't a douche and he's only too strong on Earth.

SacredFireman
Metall

« Reply #132 on: 26 December 2007, 05:17:39 »

Actually that's The Sentry. Silver Surfer ain't a douche and he's only too strong on Earth.
Ah but that's only recently (the Sentry) and Marvel already has a bunch of Superman pastiches, homages and whatnot.

Thor is more of Supermans equivalent on the Avengers. He's their powerhouse, can teleport etc... Basically, if you need something, chances are Thor will get a story point about how the Asgardians made a way to do something, like how Kryptonians can apparently solve anything. Their also the most evenly powered between the the two teams.

What's supposed to be awful about Rockman ZERO? I'd rather call Original Rockman awful.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #133 on: 26 December 2007, 08:15:57 »

Well, equivalents in mere style like Thor from back when he was an Avenger don't count much. He's nothing like Superman. At all. When Thor rants about Asgard he's talking about how lameass Earth is compared to his realm, when Clark talks about Krypton he's mentioning how he heard or whatever in the Fortress about some tech they invented. Those have entirely different tones and intents. Also, Thor's power isn't as awkwardly matched with his peers like Superman's.

At least the Sentry has a cape, which Marvel characters tend not to have, and a level of power that totally destroys the rest of the heroes (except like Silver Surfer and Black Bolt I guess). Beyond that he acts like Superman pretty often in the douchy ways that Superman can act, but not in any of the leadery ways Superman does. Recently the Sentry brought someone back to life, which is pretty ridiculous. I hope dies soon, he's been a dick since he joined Tony in Civil War.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #134 on: 26 December 2007, 17:32:03 »

I guess when I get back home in the new year I'll be playing Guitar Hero 2 and Soul Calibur 3, at least until February.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #135 on: 26 December 2007, 18:38:17 »

I'm already on Episode 4 on Phoenix Wright. Animal Crossing bores me, but I guess I'll casually play it now and then. What I really need to do is open Mario Galaxy.

Those are the games I'm playing.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

SacredFireman
Metall

« Reply #136 on: 26 December 2007, 19:47:32 »

Well, equivalents in mere style like Thor from back when he was an Avenger don't count much. He's nothing like Superman. At all. When Thor rants about Asgard he's talking about how lameass Earth is compared to his realm, when Clark talks about Krypton he's mentioning how he heard or whatever in the Fortress about some tech they invented. Those have entirely different tones and intents. Also, Thor's power isn't as awkwardly matched with his peers like Superman's.

At least the Sentry has a cape, which Marvel characters tend not to have, and a level of power that totally destroys the rest of the heroes (except like Silver Surfer and Black Bolt I guess). Beyond that he acts like Superman pretty often in the douchy ways that Superman can act, but not in any of the leadery ways Superman does. Recently the Sentry brought someone back to life, which is pretty ridiculous. I hope dies soon, he's been a dick since he joined Tony in Civil War.
Even Superman has brought people back to life before. If I remeber he once brought Lois back with his tears somehow. The Sentry actually is stronger than Silver Surfer. They made that a bit clear when Sentry within seconds beat Terrax down AND snapped Terrax's indestructible axe with one hand. But I know what you mean.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #137 on: 26 December 2007, 22:26:41 »

Cable broke the Silver Surfer's indestructible board. Means nothing, Surfer just created a new one. Surfer can create and destroy planets on his own without Galactus, Sentry can't really fight that. Besides that, Marvel has said that the Silver Surfer is the strongest hero in the Marvel 616 Universe.

The part about him bringing Lindy back to life was just a side note really, to iterate that I think he's become ridiculous.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #138 on: 27 December 2007, 02:38:49 »

Playing: Super Paper Mario!

:D
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #139 on: 27 December 2007, 02:52:11 »

Dude, make sure to make the Hammer Pixl say naughty words, then take a screenshot.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #140 on: 27 December 2007, 05:07:46 »

Yeah, like no one's done it before...  ::)

You'll probably get bored halfway through the game sadly. This is one of those games where the gameplay changes to something totally different (and possibly boring) then back to the classic gameplay. The idea of shifting dimensions is a nice implement, but you'll get bored of it pretty fast in the game.

I'd say this is the poorest Paper Mario game I've ever played personally. It's still decent though.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #141 on: 27 December 2007, 13:39:29 »

So. Shadow of the Colossus. Call me late but... woah. Amazing experience, really.

Now I need to find a memory card...

White Shadow
CM
Metall

« Reply #142 on: 27 December 2007, 14:11:26 »

Currently I'm playing Gears of War on my Xbox 360 and World of Warcraft on my PC.
Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #143 on: 27 December 2007, 15:52:59 »

Mostly WoW m'self. Since I'm not at home right now I've been playing a lot more Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. I really want to finish the 3rd Phoenix Wright but I can't seem to force myself past the 2nd episode. ;~;
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #144 on: 27 December 2007, 18:09:51 »

Super Paper Mario was very enjoyable.

Shadow of the Collosus is amazing, one of the few games to get me so into the experience that I get pretty much scared when I see a new collosus, and it's goal is killing me, the other ones are fine, the ones that just ignore you unless you attack them.
And the small ones suck too.
Great game though, make sure to eat the white tailed lizards, they increase your grip.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #145 on: 27 December 2007, 18:27:32 »

Besides that, Marvel has said that the Silver Surfer is the strongest hero in the Marvel 616 Universe.

For whatever reason, that just sounds like a bad rap lyric.

"Straight outta da 616 BOI!!!"

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #146 on: 27 December 2007, 19:53:54 »

Currently playing Sin and Punishment. Feels Gunstar-ish.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #147 on: 27 December 2007, 20:53:19 »

Not Gunstar-ish enough.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #148 on: 27 December 2007, 20:54:48 »

It confuses me. I should stop trying to understand the plot and just stick to shooting stuff.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #149 on: 27 December 2007, 21:39:15 »

I have just installed my good ol' nessie to my (a bit too) big tv-screen to test out. I'll post the results later.

kaPOW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string