MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 12:42:17
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1185184 times)
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1850 on: 23 April 2009, 22:58:51 »

I've been killing time with Resident Evil. I've played it before, but I've never managed to get very far and usually abruptly quit. Although, considering the progress I've made so far, I'll probably actually beat it this time.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1851 on: 24 April 2009, 02:18:01 »

The first one? I recently played the remake of the first one on the GameCube and beat it as Jill, and I was working on it with Chris but stopped for a while. Playing RE2 again, as Leon, got a little farther than I did last time, and I'm now playing RE3 for the first time and I think I'm doing okay so far.

I have to admit, the games are fun... (Nemesis scares the ##### out of me sometimes though, bastard comes at the WRONG times.)
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1852 on: 24 April 2009, 03:05:04 »

I'm playing the Gamecube remake as Jill. Once I'm through with her, I'll move on to Chris.

See, the astounding thing about the current progress I made is that a younger me deemed Resident Evil 1-3 as boring and mundane games, and I carried that belief until about five days ago. I got a few Gamecube games from a friend of mine, and among them was Resident Evil. I figured, "What the hell, I've got nothing better to do," and have been glued to the game ever since.

I'm thinking about trying to bum Resident Evil 2 for the N64 off of my cousin soon.

Oh, and a question about Nemesis. Is he a random encounter boss of sorts in RE3?
I've read that he's like an unstoppable tank that just keeps coming...
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1853 on: 24 April 2009, 05:42:12 »

He'll appear at certain parts of the game apparently, and then follow you around for a while. I fired a magnum at him for a while and it didn't faze him, so I just stuck to running away.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1854 on: 26 April 2009, 05:42:06 »

I rented Fallout 3.
I'm not really decided on it yet, I just spent a bunch of time getting to know everyone in Megaton, but it seems pretty cool. I didn't think it would be this thick though.

The game I wanted to rent, Saints Row, wasn't available to rent. However, it was in the 9.99$ bin to buy. Except it had a 19.99$ sticker on it. I asked the wizard kid and he scanned and it said in a very teenage not-give-a-#####-about-anything tone "It's 19.99$". I didn't say this but there was like 4 others of the same game with the same 19.99$ sticker in the 9.99$ bin, so I thought that was kind of stupid. But I bought it anyway, and I figure I'll just trade it in if/when I get Saints Row 2. Haven't actually tried it yet.

He'll appear at certain parts of the game apparently, and then follow you around for a while. I fired a magnum at him for a while and it didn't faze him, so I just stuck to running away.

Yeah the best/most annoying part of Nemesis is that he follows you into other screens. At the time, this was very new for a video game since usually leaving the screen/area would erase any threat.

Nemesis... He's like a terminator.
"It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop--ever--Until you are dead."

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1855 on: 27 April 2009, 01:17:05 »

My brother just got Skate 2, so as soon as he's out of the house, I'll be giving it a shot.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1856 on: 27 April 2009, 02:44:56 »

It's meh.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1857 on: 27 April 2009, 03:54:49 »

Yeah, I played it for about an hour. It's fun enough but not enough to keep me coming back for much more than another 4 or 5 hours spread very thin.

Plus, apparently my dad left my 360 at our place up north so I have to wait for my brother to stop playing his before I can (which is sadly a very rare occasion.)

And the reason that sucks is because apparently Banjo-Tooie is coming out on the XBLA in three days or so.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1858 on: 27 April 2009, 14:32:09 »

I cannot wait to get my 360 Elite with Fable 2 and Halo 3 in May.

FYI: Erase me off of your Wii. I sold mine. It's no longer me. Don't bother the new owner.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1859 on: 27 April 2009, 22:53:01 »

But... I want to.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1860 on: 27 April 2009, 23:19:57 »

Well then, by all means do so.

I did warn her that she may get a few comments.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1861 on: 29 April 2009, 05:55:02 »

I mostly only use my Wii for deBlob and NBA Street 2 (Gamecube) anyway.

In other news... I kind of fell out of Fallout 3. Like, it's not bad, and it's the kind of thing I probably should like knowing my track record with Fable 2, but I can't really get into it. It's so much... fluff. I'm actually in the middle of a quest right now and I haven't touched it for a couple days.

I found out this is one of those quests that if you don't solve quickly, you'll end up with a whole town of hostiles. Which is just stupid considering the fact that the game tells you to go check out three locations of where the people you're looking for (who are obviously vampires) could be. But they aren't in ANY of these places. Depending on how you have your stats, you could've found out right away that they're in the not-mentioned-until-you-check-all-three-fourth-location. And that would be find and normal without a bogus time limit. But that's a ME problem, not so much the game's fault.

Anyway I'm nowhere near far into the game, this quest I mentioned is called Blood Ties and I now know exactly what I have to do. Basically I'm as far as Megaton and I've done a few quests there. But everything is so goddamn slow and I think that's what's killing it for me. The guy runs slow as a quad as it is, you know, but then wait. Oh #####. That's right. You get over encumbered every 12 seconds (you know, if you want to actually carry anything) so you move that much slower.

For instance, at one point I was fighting raiders in Super Duper Mart for a quest, and I said "ffsfds" and just carried over double the weight I'm supposed to. Then I guess I took too long in the pharmacy's back room because when I went to leave the store at my super duper slow walking speed all the damn raiders were back. It's a miracle I ever got out because I was low on ammo and stimpacks (as ALWAYS in this game) and was crawling along in the dark (which is the one thing other than enemies that there is in abundance in this game) all slow for the exit.

None of that would really be a problem if you didn't get attacked by, oh, EVERYONE? It feels like I walk everywhere crouched because... uhm.. I DO. I have to. Crouching lets you know if an enemy can see you or anything like that, but it's also EVEN SLOWER than everything else.

And there's danger everywhere. Which I'm not at all mad at, it makes sense, this is a damn nuclear fallout. Except that it sucks to be in a fallout. If I really wanted to be in a fallout I'd be in a damn fallout. I'd find a way. I wouldn't PLAY at it. But that's entirely my fault isn't it? Because the game SAYS Fallout on it. It's not sending any misconceptions out. It's not tricking you and saying "Oh you thought this was Super Mario's Super Mysterious Spectacles but nah bitch welcome to the aftermath!" But I mean.. I was next to a motorcycle in the game, and I found motorcycle parts, but I didn't have the option to fix the motorcycle. Not because I didn't have the repair skils (though I'm sure I didn't), I just wasn't able to. And I just want something because cautiously moving through everything at all times ever gets pretty tired. I could just play Metal Gear Solid. Walk everywhere. Take forever to get anywhere. And die doing it. And I'm thinking "Just walking? Can't they give a nigga a roller skate?" Maybe later in the game you get something, but if I have to walk to this "later in the game" it'll be a while.

But I digress. Enemies are a plenty and at night you can't see dick, in the day everything is poo brown (obviously). No setting is even actually assuring so I'm constantly on edge for the next thing to attack me. What's insteresting is it's not any of the creatures, be they radiated bugs, big ass mole rats, mutants, or asshole dogs, NONE of them put me as on edge as the Mad Max post-punk raiders who are just humans with bad accents. I don't know why, but humans are the most annoying enemies in the game.

But one thing is I pretty much actually prefer reading about the games on the Fallout wiki than actually playing it, even though I am interested in the overall story. There's a lot in the game I actually like but doing anything feels like a chore and I hate feeling like if I don't look in every stupid box, nook, cranny, granny, and dead mutant fanny I'm going to eventually miss the best item in the game. It's also way too easy to wander into or fully skip story events. Secondary characters die before you're aware they're being attacked and while I guess that's realistic it is rather #####ing annoying to not be able to save someone when you want to (the upside is that I now sport the duster off my favourite sub character so far because I pinched it from his corpse). The customization at the beginning, your looks and such, is pretty good and that would normally be a huge plus for me except that you never see the front of your character anyway unless you try to take him all in within the millisecond footage of you sitting down or something, so you can't tell if you're wearing douche glasses or not and the chances that you are are pretty high.

It really seems like the actual world is pretty rich and there's a lot to be discovered and done but doing anything is so arduous it's really turning me off. The little music there is on the radio is pretty good early 20th Century stuff and the same song can add creepiness and lightheartedness to the game at different times. I switched the difficulty to a level lower since I rented this game anyway, maybe that will help me get into it since I won't have to waste full sawed off shotguns full of ammo on ANTS.

Addendum: This was a pretty long post to say I'm "meh" on the game...
« Last Edit: 29 April 2009, 06:00:58 by Mikero » Logged

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1862 on: 29 April 2009, 07:45:40 »

But entertaining!

I looked at de Blob and I think I'm willing to give it a shot.

On the subject of Wii VC, a bunch of random statements:
Apparently the Wii version of Majora's Mask eliminates all slowdown. You don't care, I know! Still no Jet Force Gemini. I was also looking for... oh yeah. Mega Man X. God damn, it's still not there. It's only my absolute favourite SNES game damnit. I got Super Mario 64 instead, which I love playing on the classic controller. I'm playing as Mario without a hat because I, um, roll in that manner.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1863 on: 29 April 2009, 08:30:34 »

You'd think they would have Mega Man X on there by now. When they do I'll snap it up, but for the meantime I still have it on the original hardware (which is beginning to show its age, mind you) and in collected form so I'm not desperate for it.

On the other hand, it's actually my favourite platformer of all time, so any time they felt like putting it up I'd be deliriously happy.

Aaaanyways, I'm currently in the middle of a playthrough in each of the three storyline-based X-Wing games, and loving it all, although my computer is retarded and insists on using 80% of my CPU time to run a ten-year-old game (X-Wing Alliance, all other games work perfectly via various solutions) at low detail. Sigh.
« Last Edit: 29 April 2009, 08:38:24 by Fatso » Logged
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1864 on: 29 April 2009, 08:41:30 »

Yeah, Wii VC helps me play a lot of good SNES games that I missed, too. The ending of Super Metroid was so awesome.

Does anyone know if they corrected the really weird sound issue with A Link to the Past? I guess I'll redownload it tomorrow and find out. There was this thing where you move to the right side of the screen and the sound effects would go really quiet. It's kind of annoying.

The reason they wouldn't have Mega Man X is the fact that it's available in that collected form. I think they only add a few VC games at a time so it'll probably be a while before it comes up, because I guess they want to maximize profit as early as possible. Mega Man X isn't a game that a lot of people would buy because it's already available in that collection and I guess that makes it weird for them to try and sell at 800 Wii Points or so and not worth it for them to sell it for a more expected price. I don't care, though, I'd pay the whole thing to have my own copy of it, the original game is my brother's.

The gamecube controller cripples the X Collection so much more than classic, I find.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1865 on: 29 April 2009, 13:19:13 »

[HUGE FALLOUT 3 RANT REMOVED]

I'm guessing you didn't take sneak as one of your major skills.
The game has a lot of problems like that unless you actually like sneaking everywhere (which I do; I'm at a loss when I can't). S'a matter of taste.

As far as the blood ties quest goes, yeah, that's pretty annoying, but you actually only need to go to the station and talk to the sugar bomb munchin' zombie and he tells you sort of where they are. Makes you go through the basement or something. (obviously you have figured this out)

A lot of the quests have multiple paths and crap and depending on which route you take it might take shorter or longer but I agree it's really confusing.

Best to play that game in short bursts until you get nearer the end and your character can do crazy ##### like take rockets to the face and pop enemies like tiny zits.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1866 on: 29 April 2009, 14:02:37 »

MegaMan X is my favorite platformer of ALL time.

I'd be P.O.d if they added it next week....

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1867 on: 29 April 2009, 21:05:42 »

[HUGE FALLOUT 3 RANT REMOVED]

I'm guessing you didn't take sneak as one of your major skills.
The game has a lot of problems like that unless you actually like sneaking everywhere (which I do; I'm at a loss when I can't). S'a matter of taste.

As far as the blood ties quest goes, yeah, that's pretty annoying, but you actually only need to go to the station and talk to the sugar bomb munchin' zombie and he tells you sort of where they are. Makes you go through the basement or something. (obviously you have figured this out)

Yeah he said they were east so I ended up back tracking and going into a place and spending time in there when I didn't need to at all, so that wasted time. I only just realized there's a way to The Family from the sugar bomb ghoul guy's place so I'm going there now.

I agree about the short bursts thing. 'Cause like I said, I do like the game but not all at once.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1868 on: 30 April 2009, 06:41:01 »

So you can't just run from fights at all?

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1869 on: 30 April 2009, 13:18:12 »

You can if you're fast enough or you reach a door the enemy can't or won't open.
Humans will zone, and so will some monsters, but they might not leave or enter area dungeons.

The humans are the most persistent... and like Mikero says, they're the most threatening force around. Of course, he hasn't seen super mutants yet.
He'll hate them if he ever gets around to them.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1870 on: 30 April 2009, 17:16:37 »

I've been playing Skate 2 a little more and I'm actually getting into it.

Banjo-Tooie came out on XBLA yesterday and as soon as I get a points card, I'll be playing that.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1871 on: 30 April 2009, 17:39:32 »

Definitely worth the buy. I think it's the best out of them all.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1872 on: 30 April 2009, 22:11:36 »

Played up through most of Mayahem Temple. Tooie rocks.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1873 on: 1 May 2009, 00:52:04 »

Tooie is NOT the best of them all. It's not bad, but it's not better than the original and it has a stupid name.

Of course, he hasn't seen super mutants yet.

Have. The regular type, not the other really annoying ones. Dropped him with a Chinese Assault Rifle. They're strong but slow and dumb so it wasn't a huge deal. He had pretty crap aim too. He got stuck a bit and that let me use a lot of V.A.T.S. on him.

I finished Blood Ties (and I got that deal going between The Family and Arefu :-) ) and that allowed me to finish a few other quests.

Made a few adjustments in how I'm playing and they're making the game a lot better. One of these adjustments was as simple as changing the brightness of the game so I could actually see when in the tunnels of Meresti.

I just wish I got more perks per level.

So you can't just run from fights at all?

Not at first, and I try not to really. I want the experience points and I want to shoot these raiders (who are real losers) in the face.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1874 on: 1 May 2009, 01:45:06 »

What game is this?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1875 on: 1 May 2009, 03:22:23 »

Tooie is NOT the best of them all. It's not bad, but it's not better than the original and it has a stupid name.

Agreed on the original being the best, but I must say I'm a fan of the name Banjo-Tooie. But that sort of thing wouldn't fly with much else.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1876 on: 1 May 2009, 03:43:00 »

I disagree mostly. Tooie was a bit harder, felt a bit more packed (more stuff to do and more skills), and just overall my experience playing it, I enjoyed it more than Kazooie most definitely. I'll gladly pick Tooie over Kazooie 90% of the time given the choice, but they're both really good games no doubt.

I do agree on the name, it's ridiculous. They were even planning on the 3rd one being "Threeie".

I mean... really? Seriously?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1877 on: 1 May 2009, 04:35:01 »

What game is this?

Fallout 3. Excellent game, but a bit overwhelming, IMO.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1878 on: 1 May 2009, 05:27:36 »

Yeah there's almost too much. I worry too often that every character who isn't me is going to die forever and I'll miss out on a bunch of stuff. I guess that's realistic but fffffff##### man.

As for Tooie, I really didn't like that Kazooie and Banjo were separated. And I always liked Kazooie more and I was like 12 or something so I thought them butcher her (but I thought it was "his") name was pretty crappy of them.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1879 on: 1 May 2009, 06:53:16 »

If you mean by the name separation then yeah, I just saw it as Rare trying to be clever with a sequel name but failed. Unless you're talking about where in the game they can separate then I don't get it, I thought that was a nice addition.

Only beefs I've had with the games as I've mentioned before (on the old board) was the "promises" Rare would never keep.

Examples: (Secrets in Banjo-Tooie revealed by completing everything in Banjo-Kazooie never existed.) (Failed to release "Banjo-Threeie" as promised.)

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1880 on: 1 May 2009, 07:41:01 »

That whole Stop-N-Swop thing was because Rare found out Nintendo wouldn't let them do what they were planning to do because it could damage the system. As in, their idea was that you quickly take out the Banjo-Kazooie cartridge and replace it with the Banjo-Tooie cartridge while the N64 is still warm, and it would unlock secrets if you got all the Stop-N-Swop items in BK.

Apparently, they actually ADDED the Stop-N-Swop stuff to Banjo-Tooie's XBLA release. I have no idea what these added things are, but apparently they actually reinstated the same ideas Rare had from all the way back then.

As for the name Banjo-Tooie... I thought it was ridiculous but the humor of the games let them get away with it. I had no problem with it, in fact I like it.

Now, Banjo-Kazooie is clearly the better game. If only for the overall experience.

Banjo-Tooie is a LOT more complex, longer, crazier... while Banjo-Kazooie has that warm "this-is-a-masterpiece" package vibe going on for it. It's all wrapped up and nice, and when you're done with it 100%, you feel like you've just put the final brush stroke on the Mona Lisa. I mean, I'm exaggerating, but you get what I'm trying to say.

Banjo-Tooie felt loose, disconnected, and overly complex. Which I loved, and it was a great game, and I even may admit that I'd rather play Tooie than Kazooie, but Kazooie is the better game.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1881 on: 1 May 2009, 07:54:06 »

The specific reason Stop 'n Swop would not work was that newer editions of the N64 would only keep the game state in memory for less than two seconds instead of 30-60 in earlier models (which would have allowed for the transfer).
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1882 on: 1 May 2009, 22:57:25 »

I dunno, I just praise Tooie more because it felt "more stuffed" than Kazooie, but they're both great.

Not to mention a few tidbits I absolutely adored in Tooie, like Gruntilda killing Bottles.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1883 on: 2 May 2009, 00:03:41 »

Been messing around with Dragon Quest IV and Super Mario RPG...
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1884 on: 2 May 2009, 02:41:02 »

If you mean by the name separation then yeah, I just saw it as Rare trying to be clever with a sequel name but failed. Unless you're talking about where in the game they can separate then I don't get it, I thought that was a nice addition.

I guess both. I didn't like them getting physically separated (which is what meant when I mentioned separation earlier) and I also disliked the name.

Stop N' Swap is better as a BK: Nuts And Bolts add-on anyway.

Also, having a home in Fallout 3 makes things a lot better.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1885 on: 2 May 2009, 23:52:40 »

So, I start up Fable 2, and some guy gives me 1.3 million dollars.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1886 on: 3 May 2009, 01:40:48 »

I played the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 demo. The sprites' pixels look really blurred and I dont know why there's these really blocky 3D models in the background and cheesy flash game-esque interface in the game. The original looks much better and the graphics in the 360/PS3 version got really mangled.

Other than that it played pretty much the same.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1887 on: 3 May 2009, 01:45:01 »

Today is the day I beat a Final Fantasy game for the first time. Not because any of them are hard, I just have a problem working up the care to march through half a billion random battles and boring samey dungeons. Though not exempt from that law of Final Fantasy, the game I beat was just good enough to see me through it (after two years of playing it on and off for maybe a few hours at a time).

FFV. Gotta love Bartz.
Most awesome FF character ever. Never complained once about saving the world.
Not. #####ing. Once.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1888 on: 3 May 2009, 02:48:01 »

I actually had trouble getting into Final Fantasy V, although, I'm not really sure why.
I just found it...Lame, I guess. So much so, in fact, that I rushed through it and managed to beat it with all of my party members under level 35 (which I think is the first time that ever happened to me with a RPG).

My only excuse for beating it was purely boredom (my back was all #####ed up at the time due to a staph infection, so I was bed ridden), and I honestly doubt I'd ever play it again...
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1889 on: 3 May 2009, 03:58:58 »

It's just classic, simple RPG stuff, really. You probably don't like it because it's not flashy.
The most interesting thing about it (in terms of gameplay) is the class system.

I don't know why you'd ever beat a game if you thought it was lame.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1890 on: 3 May 2009, 04:13:08 »

No, it's not the lack of flashiness.
I mean, I've been playing Ultima (as in the first one)  for the last week and a half, and absolutely love the first Final Fantasy (as in the original) along with other NES RPGs like Dragon Quest and Mother.

I just...I dunno'...

I didn't really hate FF5, I just really didn't like it either.
I have similar feelings to the Final Fantasy series in general.

I guess you could say that I was curious as to what its end was, I suppose. Like, the game kept me hooked, but it wasn't completely fulfilling. When I got to the last boss I couldn't help but feel I was going to get completely raped, but then OOP!

I destroyed him with a party under level 35...

It just felt way too easy, especially since one of my characters could hit 9999 every turn. I guess I was just disappointed a bit.
« Last Edit: 3 May 2009, 04:20:06 by saldite » Logged
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1891 on: 3 May 2009, 04:32:14 »

That I get, but then I like easy.

I was less interested in battle than I was just watching the story go by, so it didn't matter much to me.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1892 on: 3 May 2009, 07:44:27 »

So, I start up Fable 2, and some guy gives me 1.3 million dollars.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

That's not much. You'll see, money gets ridiculous in the game, you'll basically have too much after a short while. Especially if you buy a business.

At first, money can be a problem, sure. You want this or that sword? You gotta blacksmith for four real life hours. But later, you can afford everything you want no problem. My Fable 2 money is stacks on stacks, son.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1893 on: 3 May 2009, 17:03:59 »

Well, I've only spent about 150K, and haven't even HAD to work, really. I just did it because.

I just got back from the Spire (loved the Crucible, got to use all my crazy abilities, level 4 shock and whatnot).

Back to the way I was, had to eat a bunch of celery to lose weight which I had from early in the game.

It's pretty fun. I'm very glowy.

Also, 90% good, and about 60% pure.  Done a little stealing, kicked a lot of chickens.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1894 on: 3 May 2009, 18:57:24 »

In games like this I just don't buy newer equipment. I just take what I can find from exploration or killing people. Focus my money on things I really need... and then eventually I have more than I know what to do with.

In Final Fantasy IV all I really spent my money on eventually were Sirens. I decided I didn't need to pay ridiculous amounts of money to buy only slightly better equipment.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1895 on: 3 May 2009, 19:45:32 »

If you don't buy new equipment in Fable 2 you'll probably end up sucky. There's no armor or anything like that, it's all weapons. Weapons you find are most often as crap as the first weapons in the game unless you're going for a special secret weapon (I got the best sword in the game on my guy :-)).

Basically the only stuff worth buying are melee weapons, ranged weapons, clothes, and businesses. You only need one melee and one ranged weapon at a time, since you can only have one of each equipped anyway and there's no way to change between multiple guns or anything like Fallout 3, which utilizes a hotkey system even on XBox (thank Gog [sic]). Businesses just serve to make you more money even if you lower prices (which gives you good karma, though I forget if it's called karma in Fable 2).

There's little options in clothing, unfortunately, so you'll eventually have your outfit done without really knowing it. One thing it has over Fallout though is that clothing is more separated. Fallout is like a whole body outfit is one item, and then you choose headgear, so you can't mix pants from one type with a shirt of another. There is other stuff worth spending money on, but none of it's important anyway and a lot of it (like books) can just be found.

I never found a reason to steal anything in the game though. Nothing's that good or useful or unique. But I still want to check out the expanded areas of the game like Knothole Island and stuff.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1896 on: 5 May 2009, 00:57:16 »

I beat Fable 2.

I was completely evil and completely pure.

A friend joined me co-op and I was just gonna shut it off, so we went on a killing rampage.
Accidental auto save.

it's hard to get back to good.

Fairfax mansion spoiler.
[spoiler]
I drank the potion for a sex change.  Didn't think of how an old, slightly fat, buff, white/blue skinned, red eyed person would look.  Oops.[/spoiler]

Gonna start a new game as pure as possible this time.
I also

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1897 on: 5 May 2009, 01:10:50 »

You also? Also what?

I don't get it. I didn't hear you say Candlejack or anyth

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1898 on: 5 May 2009, 01:50:10 »

Oh great, now we're going to get caught in this stupid Candlejack business again, as if the last one didn't go long eno
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1899 on: 5 May 2009, 02:30:23 »

Eh, didn;t feel liek typin gud.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string