MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 11:04:52
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1185174 times)
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1800 on: 4 April 2009, 06:02:47 »

Why hate it? It's a great game.

Anyway, right now I'm playing some Zelda: A Link to the Past for the Zeldafest I'm in.

I've gotten all the way to the second dungeon in one day (although three sittings).

I'm still not done for the night... I'm stupidly determined to at least get the Tempered Sword. @_@

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1801 on: 4 April 2009, 06:04:17 »

That's a game I should really replay.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1802 on: 4 April 2009, 11:56:41 »

It's amazing.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1803 on: 5 April 2009, 02:53:03 »

Just beat game in one quick (not really) sitting.

I'm done with Zelda for a good month now...

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1804 on: 6 April 2009, 01:27:21 »

Why hate it? It's a great game.

It's a terrible RE game. But its an okay game... although I'm having second thoughts now that I'm fighting those #####ing Reapers. Cheap as hell.

Posted on: April 05, 2009, 02:38:41 PM

Beat RE5. Had to play the last chapter on Amateur because they loved spamming Majini with AK-47s, Reapers, and black JJ's all over the place.

By far, the last chapter is the chapter that lacks fun completely.

But now I unlocked Mercenaries, the best mode in the game...

Sad that a bonus mode is more fun than the main game...
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1805 on: 6 April 2009, 02:25:41 »

Saw my friends play it last night. It looks okay for a co-op game.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1806 on: 6 April 2009, 07:26:57 »

So I gots me a DSi.

Typing from it right now.

Its beautiful.

aslo i startd zelda`s awkenin and i gots me tales of inosenc from jap`n

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1807 on: 6 April 2009, 07:32:19 »

Haha, Vinch, notice anything weird yet?

Like the light shining through the crack on the left side of the screen... the battery seemingly pushing out of its case when I haven't even touched it...

Things like that GET to me, you know? Maybe I just got a weird one. But uh, yeah. Beware.

I like everything else about it, though. Camera is better quality than I expected, too.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1808 on: 6 April 2009, 12:53:18 »

The DSi is the kind of thing I'd get if I had a billion dollars and nothing else useful to get.

LOL BANDWAGON
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1809 on: 6 April 2009, 19:13:25 »

Well... ha. There are games to be made exclusively for it. I'm "cautiously optimistic" about it at this point.

BUT MAYBE I'M JUST ALL GEARED TO HAVE IT UP THE BUTT

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1810 on: 6 April 2009, 21:20:44 »

I was going to get it, but since I'm kinda low on money as it is, it doesn't seem worth it... but I'm sure I'll get it sometime in the future, unlike the DS Lite.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1811 on: 6 April 2009, 21:22:54 »

Shut'cho mouth. DSi doesn't support flashcart fun times. And that makes it worthless for a rugged seven sea sailin' pirate like myself.

LOL BANDWAGON
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1812 on: 6 April 2009, 22:25:41 »

It doesn't support it?
Really?

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1813 on: 6 April 2009, 22:38:12 »

It don't support it. Nope.

LOL BANDWAGON
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1814 on: 6 April 2009, 22:48:17 »

Uh, I hope you know that they've already made some for it...

Also, let's NOT discuss this any further.

Oh yeah, and DSi has no GBA slot... which is stupid.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1815 on: 6 April 2009, 23:12:24 »

Verily, I have a bunch of GBA games and only a DS to play it.

If I were to get a DSi, I'd probably get myself one of those rare GBA's with the backlight. But that would cost way too much and I ain't happy 'bout that. Nope.

LOL BANDWAGON
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1816 on: 6 April 2009, 23:17:45 »

Rare?
A GBA SP?

Or you could get one of the new micro ones...

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1817 on: 6 April 2009, 23:33:06 »

My bro has a Micro. It's ballsy.

Not the SP, there was a rare original GBA that had a backlight, it may have been Japan only, but either way, it was my favorite GBA model, hands down.

LOL BANDWAGON
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #1818 on: 7 April 2009, 01:24:12 »

If your brother has a micro, then you can just use his and never get a GBA. Problem solved.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1819 on: 7 April 2009, 01:46:39 »

There was a limited edition "midnight blue" GBA. I don't know if that had a backlight, but I remember wanting that colour.

It was also Japan only.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1820 on: 7 April 2009, 02:03:38 »

If your brother has a micro, then you can just use his and never get a GBA. Problem solved.
It's ballsy.

LOL BANDWAGON
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1821 on: 7 April 2009, 02:34:18 »

Then... just keep your DS and get a DSi and use both.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1822 on: 7 April 2009, 03:40:38 »

I intend to get a DSi but not any time soon. Probably for when the time comes and my Blue DS breaks down even further.

I already purchased a GBA SP to play all my GBA games.

When the day comes when my Blue DS breaks completely, it will be truly sad indeed. (My first DS and personal favorite)

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1823 on: 7 April 2009, 04:00:08 »

Stop abusing it you whore.

I only broke my first DS because I'm a was a little bitch with anger problems... but I don't see how any of you break your DS's unless you throw them on the floor regularly.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1824 on: 7 April 2009, 04:38:51 »

Then... just keep your DS and get a DSi and use both.

Haha, no. I'm neither rich nor stuck up enough to buy a $150 toy when I have a perfectly fine one.

I only broke my first DS because I'm a was a little bitch with anger problems... but I don't see how any of you break your DS's unless you throw them on the floor regularly.

I touch them and they break. Stop making me feel worse you #####ing asshole.

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1825 on: 7 April 2009, 05:00:36 »

Maybe I dropped it a few times by accident, but the hinge broke because I just opened it up one day and it flew right past my face.

I actually really like my DS. I have a couple of good memories on that specific handheld.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1826 on: 7 April 2009, 22:39:11 »

I have a completely unbroken original original original grey DS, and I never got a DSLite though I wanted it's sleekness, but I'll probably get a DSi in ADDITION to my DS anyway. My mum has started regularly using the DS anyway. I'm gonna get the GTA game for DS when I'm done my finals (week and a half or so).

It's amazing.

But how do you feel about Majora's Mask?

Because I think it's awful.

Sad that a bonus mode is more fun than the main game...

Better than when all the unlockables are crud.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1827 on: 8 April 2009, 04:20:31 »

I know you're not asking me, but I liked Majora's Mask the first time around, and I find that it's difficult to get into replaying. So much time standing around waiting for certain events to happen.

It's kind of lame because I feel that there are parts in the game really worth playing for. I really liked the last dungeon, for example. But it's like I don't have the patience to go through all the crap and get that far a second time.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1828 on: 8 April 2009, 18:48:22 »

I'm sure the only way I'd ever get through Majora's Mask is to watch someone else play it because I really don't want to.

I could sure go for a good handheld Zelda game right now though.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1829 on: 8 April 2009, 20:49:30 »

From what I read of the DSi, it seems like it has lower battery life, the picture is stretched a little with the bigger screen (but the increase in size isn't dramatic so shouldn't matter), and that the system is wider but thinner than the Lite. I still have the original DS and I would still prefer getting a Lite over the DSi. Hopefully the release of the DSi means cheaper Lites though...
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1830 on: 12 April 2009, 04:38:49 »

I just played the demo for Ninja Blade on XBox 360 and while the the animation on the characters while their speaking isn't great everything else seems pretty rad.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1831 on: 13 April 2009, 05:16:02 »

Oh! By the way. I was playing New Super Mario Bros. on my DSi today. First time playing it since having it on the original DS. First thing I noticed were the colours on the bright screen that I might have noticed with the light. But I noticed something else as well... if old DS games are taking up the full screen of the DSi, I do not notice any stretchiness at all. Not with the 3D images OR the 2D images. In fact it's all so clear and crisp. I was pleasantly surprised.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1832 on: 13 April 2009, 05:20:40 »

So would that just mean we're seeing more on screen now, or that the stretchiness is really well done?

I'm guessing it's just really well done.
I don't think I'm gonna get a DSi until the end of this year.. don't want to spend my money on something I already have with just even more stuff added on.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1833 on: 13 April 2009, 05:22:47 »

...how? How could a stretched 2D image possibly be crisp? You can't change the resolution of an LCD... *my head a splode*
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1834 on: 13 April 2009, 05:29:58 »

No idea. I just checked the thing in my old DS to make sure. It looks exactly the same to me.

I even checked the size difference of the screens. And the size of the screen doesn't shrink when I go from the menu to the game.

Anyway:
I had been playing Ocarina of Time and had just almost beaten the Water Temple when I realized I needed Din's Fire. When I went to get it, though, the Great Fairy wouldn't appear. I actually restarted my game before it occurred to me that Din's Fire didn't come from the first Great Fairy.

So in somewhere under four hours (I stopped and had dinner for a while between 7 and 11) I've managed to get halfway to getting Biggoron's sword (including having the Iron Boots from going through the Ice Cavern), though I haven't gotten the Forest Medallion yet. I wish I bought the magic beans when I was still a kid, but I can do that soon.

Three hearts, haven't died yet. Phantom Ganon might get me.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1835 on: 13 April 2009, 18:05:13 »

Has anyone tried putting in any of the Mega Man DS games in a DSi to see if THAT is affected by stretchiness? They all use sprites.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1836 on: 13 April 2009, 20:39:28 »

The DSi uses the same number of pixels for the screen but the increase in size is so minimal I don't think you could really spot a difference unless you're a videophile.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1837 on: 13 April 2009, 20:45:04 »

OH. The resolution is unchanged, that's why! Durr. *my head un-a splode*
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1838 on: 13 April 2009, 21:52:35 »

I thought they increased the size of the screen and the number of pixels.

Now it all makes sense.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1839 on: 13 April 2009, 22:01:40 »

They didn't increase the size? I #####ing thought Nintendo said themselves that the screen was bigger!

Although, I guess games with sprites in them would look like crap.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1840 on: 13 April 2009, 22:20:45 »

The screen IS bigger, it's just the resolution is the same.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1841 on: 13 April 2009, 23:12:39 »

Increasing the resolution might cause complications in software compatibility, so be glad they didn't.

This is Nintendo; they're not really all that awesome with thinking ahead.
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #1842 on: 21 April 2009, 20:26:52 »

With my free DSi points, I got Warioware SNAPPED, and AQUIA.

I had some degree of difficulty with SNAPPED, mostly due to white apartment walls not being a contrasted enough background for my skin in certain lighting, but it was fun once Ray got it to work. It's definitely in the spirit of TOUCHED, but with motion-capture instead of touching the screen or using the mic.

AQUIA, on the other hand, I've enjoyed since I started playing it. It's basically a mix between Tetris and those puzzles where you have to slide the pieces around to get them in the proper order, plus ambient music and fish.

SNAPPED utilizes the DSi camera in a carnival-type setting with some of the usual Wario mischief, whereas AQUIA is buttons-only.

Overall, I'd give SNAPPED 3/5 stars, and AQUIA 4/5.

That's nice, dear.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1843 on: 22 April 2009, 00:24:18 »

I finally got round to finishing Saints Row 2, just in time for the new levels coming this week :)

It's good fun.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1844 on: 22 April 2009, 00:36:17 »

That and the first one are my list of games to rent this weekend, since I'll be done the semester Thursday afternoon.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1845 on: 22 April 2009, 16:59:47 »

First one has annoying driving physics but is still a good game.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1846 on: 23 April 2009, 00:13:45 »

I only want to play it to get to the second one anyway, so I'll take it on.

Posted on: 22 April 2009, 13:37:45

OK.
OK.

I just played the demo for Tom Clancy's HAWX.
Now... I'm not the type to automatically try a game like this. I had to DECIDE whether or not to download for free. But I wanted to be an air cadet when I was younger and I really like planes (but I like copters more) soo...

Skip to the end; I loved it. It's really cool, the controls are pretty sick (not complicated flight sim controls which were never my bag) and each of the modes you can switch between (assistance on or off) during play are both interesting and fun to use in dogfights. You really get only one true mission. The first is a training mission for obvious reasons and it focuses on the unassisted mode (which makes sense because the camera angle on that mode is very different and a little tricky at first). The second mission is the obvious mission to have; a dogfight.

Or at first it's a dogfight with jets from Las Trinidad (and anti-US group of countries that border Brazil) who are attacking Rio de Janeiro. Your team defends it, it gets bigger. You gotta take out other planes, seacraft, tanks, and bombers, all at once (naturally). It's not so hectic once you get the hang of it, like most flight stuff I suspect. However the very end of it is kind of crazy. You get exp for kills and after you complete the mission it tallies it all.

In the demo you can unlock at least 2 planes (by levelling) other than the one you start with (F-16s in 2021? .... OK). The first one you get is OK. Statistically worse than your first one, but it's not bad in the Rio mission. The one you get a level 3 though... Wow. It basically comes over, takes a ##### on both your old planes and then smacks you in the face for not being awesome enough to have had this plane in the first place. Well maybe I'm exaggerating but it's pretty sweet.

Apparently this takes place during or around "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter", a game (like every other Tom Clancy story game) that I've never played. It's the future (2021 or so) and it seems a war is about to go down. Your guy  (Crenshaw) is the leader of the squad or whatever of Artemis, a private military company (because it's the future). So basically I guess you're working for an amped up Haliburton. Kinda cool. But they don't get into any story really, it's all gameplay and it's all good. One thing it needs is one of those circular diddles that shows your relation to sea level. I crashed a couple times when rolling back after a guy.

Seems like a really bitchin' game and I'm gonna have to rent it to see if it holds my enthusiasm later on. Plus I like Brazil.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1847 on: 23 April 2009, 06:40:34 »

I had that demo downloaded a few days ago (i was a bit hesitant because there's a lot of tom clancy games that I don't enjoy much), and I was expecting it to be pretty similar to Acecombat; however the only Acecombat game I've played was 4 and Hawx seems to have some extra mechanics with cool camera angles which is cool. I'll get to playing the demo this weekend.

I haven't played anything this week but last week I got Half-Life 1 on the PC, and been playing Killzone 2. (this is my 2nd fps game on a console and I just wanted a slower paced fps to play;now I probably won't get another fps game for a long time)
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #1848 on: 23 April 2009, 19:01:02 »

Dood, DisgaeaDS.

I keep not saving when I should, though. >_>;

That's nice, dear.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1849 on: 23 April 2009, 20:04:33 »

Lufia 2.

THIS FISH...
... YES MAXIM IT IS TERRIBLE.
I KNOW.
LET'S HAVE MAKE BABIES, MAXIM.
I'M GOING TO GO FIGHT MONSTERS.
why do you not understand me
SORRY, FIGHTING MONSTERS

I love this game so far.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string