MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 00:51:34
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1188134 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3250 on: 3 March 2012, 17:07:27 »

Your camo is bright...

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3251 on: 4 March 2012, 17:51:06 »

That dude's just an icon, I'm talking more about the stats.

Now I've been playing Saints Row the Third like crazy. Some of the most fun I've had in a game since Just Cause 2.
It's sale on Steam this weekend for $25. You'd be a fool to not buy it.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3252 on: 4 March 2012, 23:20:58 »

It was too short but much fun.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3253 on: 5 March 2012, 03:09:35 »

I'm 10 hours in and at 50%.

I'm spending a LOT of time screwing around.

If the game lasts me 25 hours, I got my money's worth.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3254 on: 5 March 2012, 03:37:04 »

It was too short but much fun.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

26 more hours until Mass Effect 3 is mine. ALL MINE.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3255 on: 6 March 2012, 06:06:12 »

So hyped up for ME3.

Played the demo and it was just sweet.

Posted on: March 04, 2012, 10:42:36 PM

Annnd Mass Effect 3 is now in my possession... let's do this #####.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3256 on: 7 March 2012, 08:26:44 »

I've now played Mass Effect 3 for 16 hours.

I don't think my right wrist has hurt this badly since I first learned how to, um...

Shoot baskets.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3257 on: 7 March 2012, 15:59:56 »

::)

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3258 on: 7 March 2012, 22:58:01 »

ME3...
It's...
It's #####ing good.
Just play it, it's good.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3259 on: 8 March 2012, 07:31:39 »

There's really only three things I don't like about it.

1) Micro-managing my health bar. It's a pain in the dick to deal with that ##### during combat.

2) The game no longer tells you what to do next with any side-missions, which is also a pain in the dick.

3) The switching of discs is ridiculous, especially if you bought the CE. I thought I was going to break Disc 2 and starting getting upset at the idea that I didn't buy a plan from Gamestop for this.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3260 on: 8 March 2012, 07:56:03 »

I put my CE discs in a different case because I was #####ing terrified of breaking them.

Also, MASS EFFECT 3 IS THE #####ING #####.

The journal in it is #####ty though, but all the goodness in this game is enough for me to overlook the minor flaws.
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3261 on: 8 March 2012, 12:12:33 »

I really want to play ME3, but I lost my old ME2 savegames, so I'm going back and getting a perfect save ready first.

Also: SWTOR is pretty nice.

White Shadow
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3262 on: 9 March 2012, 05:16:08 »

Managing the health is like exactly the same as in ME2, it only looks different...

Some missions tell you what to do next, but side-missions are often like "go find some scans about that" with no info. But that's always been present in the series, because you're supposed to just happen upon those scans and such while doing another mission.

Journal could be better. I miss the separation between Assignments and Missions.

I hate switching disks. It was fine in like the PSX days but it's crazy now. I did the side mission in that school today, and that was all on Disc 2, when I haven't even come CLOSE to completing the story in Disc 1. I don't understand how that works or why it works that way.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3263 on: 9 March 2012, 10:33:17 »

The health bars that only fill up to a certain level? That's new, and it's complete bull#####.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3264 on: 9 March 2012, 10:54:55 »

Maybe you should play easy mode.

(I'm sorry...)

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3265 on: 9 March 2012, 11:30:58 »

I've been playing it on Normal just fine. I just don't like to have to stop in the middle of a battle and use some medi-gel because my health only decided to fill up so much.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3266 on: 9 March 2012, 12:43:34 »

It's realy not bull#####, man. Well, I guess it's just opinion obviously but I don't get why it bothers you. Basically the health bar only refills AUTOMATICALLY up the section it's currently in, so if you lost a section earlier that piece of health won't just return by you waiting around mid-level doing nowt. Which makes sense, you're not Wolverine. It makes medi-gel useful again since you almost didn't need it at all in ME2. Otherwise you'd just be at full health all the time and the game wouldn't be challenging.

If you manage your shields and cover properly you should barely notice the difference anyway. At least that's how it's been with my Infiltrator. I actually think it's a good way to keep from being overpowered all the time.

Laucorn
Metall

« Reply #3267 on: 11 March 2012, 22:01:42 »

I'll participate in this thread. Game I've been playing mostly is Streets of Rage Remake.

LOL is awesome. Fail is forever.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3268 on: 11 March 2012, 22:15:34 »

The ending to Mass Effect 3 was complete ass. For comparison, [spoiler]think about The Architect from the Matrix series, only even more sloppily written[/spoiler], and you just invested 200+ hours into the series for it to all get flushed down the crapper in the last five minutes.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3269 on: 12 March 2012, 02:55:34 »

That, and because it's owned by EA now, you can probably expect a Mass Effect 4.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3270 on: 12 March 2012, 04:35:15 »

*sigh*

I honestly can't believe they somehow destroyed how awesome ME3 was in the LAST 5 MINUTES somehow.

I was getting chills until then. Then I was just thinking "Okay what?"... Then

[spoiler]IT ENDS WITHOUT ANY CLOSURE AT ALL[/spoiler]

Ignoring the #####ty ending, ME3 was great.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3271 on: 12 March 2012, 04:59:06 »

It's because you got the bad ending,

and the only way to get the good ending is to unlock the secret DLC.

(I haven't played this game; I'm just being an asshole.)

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3272 on: 12 March 2012, 11:59:52 »

That, and because it's owned by EA now, you can probably expect a Mass Effect 4.

There most likely will be; they've said that there will be more Mass Effect titles - but Shepard's story is effectively over.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3273 on: 12 March 2012, 21:45:11 »

I wish you guys kept even you FEELINGS on the ending in spoiler tags. I don't get to play often and you guys are seriously harshing my playthrough by putting your clouds all over it. I'm not half done and I've already got expectations.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3274 on: 13 March 2012, 04:54:06 »

Sorry man, if it somehow helps, I was overreacting a tad bit.

ME3 still ended up being my favorite out of the trilogy.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #3275 on: 15 March 2012, 04:25:50 »

I only have two words to say about the ending:
[spoiler]space jesus[/spoiler]

Even after beating ME3 i'm still trying to avoid spoilers for my next Renegade playthrough.

I've been playing Mass Effect 3 A LOT recently. I just finished it earlier today, and it's definitely the best ME game in the series IMO so far thanks to all the references to the previous games. Took me [spoiler]57[/spoiler] hours to finish with all the side quests done and planets explored, but the game felt longer than the previous games (in a good way) because the majority of the missions are AMAZING. I thought ME3 did well in making the fight against the Reapers seem hopeless (as it should be).

I personally didn't expect the multiplayer to be that good was wasn't planning on playing it until after I finished the game, but I actually liked it a lot. It worked well in making you feel like you're fighting against the Reapers on the front lines and didn't feel very disjointed from the single player experience. The MP is also a good alternative to some of the repetitive fetch side quests (although I ended up doing them all anyway).

By the way, did you guys have any trouble with the custom face import glitch (if your shepard's face has been the same since ME1, ME3 reads it as an error which forces you to remake it). Fortunately using the fan-made fix tool I was able to make my Shepard look exactly the same as he was in ME1.

My shepard in ME3:

My shepard in ME2:

I also took a bunch of screenshots as I was playing, SPOILERS obviously: http://steamcommunity.com/id/robertlieu/screenshots/?tab=&showdate=1&filter=shortcut_76

btw i bet my Shepard can beat up all your shepards
CharlesTaylor
Noob

« Reply #3276 on: 16 March 2012, 06:56:30 »

Hey, For any of you with pre orders with Game or Game station, they won't be supplying ME 3 so re do your orders now. Amazon & Play are taking orders amongst others.

My offspring have taken a week off to play this so I know getting it is important.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3277 on: 16 March 2012, 20:40:09 »

I don't know why I laughed at "my offspring".
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3278 on: 18 March 2012, 07:39:31 »

I beat Dead Space this evening. Creepy-ass game from start to finish. It may have #####ed with my mind while playing.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3279 on: 21 March 2012, 20:45:27 »

ME3's Ending...

[spoiler]... is apparently being changed. Woo.[/spoiler]
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3280 on: 26 March 2012, 02:03:11 »

Kid Icarus:  Uprising

This game guys.  THIS GAME.
Easily the best 3DS game out there.

The controls, while awkward at first are fully customizeable to suit your needs.  But holy #####.

This game is so much fun and enjoyable.

THE DIALOG
DAT PLATUNA
DAT MEDUSA
The game mechanics
DEM CLAWS/BOWS/ORBITARS.

If you have a 3DS, get this game.

Sakurai is a #####ing genius.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3281 on: 26 March 2012, 05:14:30 »

Is it really that good? I was excited about it when it was first announced, but then I was really turned off by the trailer. It looked so loud and messy and clumsy. This was the first of the big-name 3DS games I felt like skipping. I guess now I should probably check it out.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3282 on: 26 March 2012, 10:19:15 »

The only thing you may find "clumsy" is the default control scheme.  But again it is fully customizable to whatever preference you like.

The can also be piss easy or balls to the wall difficult since you can adjust the stage difficulty before you start a level.

Each stage is split into 2 parts.  The air battle which plays similar to Star Fox, then the land battle which plays similar to Sin and Punishment.  Each stage also has a boss and each boss is different.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3283 on: 27 March 2012, 05:25:33 »

OK. I'm done Mass Effect 3. Like, just now, ten seconds ago.

I did EVERYTHING. Seriously. 73, maybe 74 hours. And as I look now the reason for that is I did every single side mission. I scanned everything in every system to get everything to 100%. I went into the final push with 100% Galactic Readiness and just over 7300 in War Assets, so you can guess where I fell on the ending bracket. As for the specific ending I got:

!!  MAJOR REAL DEAL spoilers in these tags. You are warned.  !!
[spoiler]I had an incredibly tough time deciding between destroying all synthetics, and synthesizing with them.

Controlling the Reapers/synthetics was never an option. I'm not the Illusive Man, I know better and I always did. I'm pretty sure it's not a Paragon thing either; I'm willing to best most players discarded that option as quickly as I did.

Destroying the Reapers is what I wanted to do most, but losing the Geth (after I'd just created a world wherein the Geth and the Quarians live on Rannoch in peace) seemed like a dealbreaker. And I worried over EDI's fate in that option.

But then synthesizing... As much as the child/citadel/catalyst claimed it was the best option for both it seemed to be working against the ideal I set out with since I first landed on Eden Prime in 2184; Diversity. The entirety of my run in Mass Effect has been about preserving and pushing multiculturalism in the galaxy.

I assure you that it was a conscious, succinct thought. From the beginning.

I knew I would do whatever I could to cure the Genophage, and I did.
I knew I had to restore the Quarians, and I did.
I even knew, eventually, that I wanted to save to Geth. And I did.
I spared the Rachni twice because it was the right thing to do.

And I promised myself to do it without sacrificing my characters morals. That's not to say I went Paragon on everything, most things, but not everything. My Shepard has enough edge for a 4D cube.

Part of what attracted to me to the game was the depth involved, a big part of which was the imaginative in which ways the races related. Turning everyone part machine might be the "next stage of evolution in this cycle" or whatever, but there's a part of me that finds it extremely hollow. Also it just... Did something about this option seem almost like an indoctrinated suggestion? Shepard has spent enough time with Reaper tech and since ME2 I have wondering if there hasn't been a bit of backdoor indoctrination going on, the dreams in ME3 were-to me-a symbol of that. Why WOULDN'T the Reapers be attempting to turn Shepard since the loss of Sovereign?

I've been writing this part of the post while I sit here trying to make the decision. It's cleared my thoughts out, so in the end I went with;

Destruction. I couldn't shake a feeling about synthesis, and it would have left a taste in my mouth that I wasn't about. Maybe synthesis was the more altruistic route, I think that's really opinion based on incredibly vague information,  but it didn't seem right. Though 10% of me wanted to pick it if only because it doesn't show up for some people, which in a sense made me feel like I earned something. I'm not kidding around, I even flipped a coin on this (To see what I wanted more, not to randomly pick. It turned out the same). I first accidentally picked to control the Reapers and had to reload actually.

Joker go out of the Normandy with Liara and Garrus. Shepard lived.

tl;dr, I know. It was extremely conflicting. I'm extremely conflicted.
[/spoiler]

As for my thoughts on the way they did the ending:

[spoiler]It literally rocked until you were faced with that choice. Three blanket choices that make all the little ones seem a bit in vain. It's a bit lazy, so I get what people were on about. I'm not sure I can say it "sucks" but gimme a day or two and we'll see.

More or less, it's just queerly disappointing. [/spoiler]

The first one is still better, but this was pretty great. I'm with MOX that our Shepards could beat up the rest, but I'm not with him on the tip that this game felt longer. The longest and most enriching of the series for me was the first, by FAR. I think my first run through Noveria took like four hours. Also the game was more of a roller coaster, there was NO idea where anything was going. The second, you sort of knew what you were doing. And the third was laser focused on a single goal for the whole game, there wasn't really a mystery going on, just events.

Anyway all said and done, I #####ing love Mass Effect. There's a reason it's my favourite modern game series.

And multiplayer is something like a phenomenon.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3284 on: 28 March 2012, 21:12:49 »

The Voltron game is way more entertaining than I thought it would be, although I'd still recommend picking it up only when it's on sale.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3285 on: 6 April 2012, 19:53:09 »

So, new free DLC for ME3's multiplayer comes out next week.

Geth Engineer and Infiltrator, Batarian Soldier and Sentinel, Krogan Battlemaster (Vanguard) and Asari Justicar (Another Asari Adept).

Plus two new maps, new weapons and some new equipment.

...did I mention it's free?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3286 on: 6 April 2012, 20:30:46 »

Awesome, can't wait for that.

Also, they're coming out with an extended cut DLC in hopes to placate people who have problems with the ending.

[spoiler] I went back and did the synthesis ending, so now I've done all three. I guess synthesis is the best but none of them are any good really since they're all the same. The ending gets worse the more I think about it.[/spoiler]

I think the "Extended Cut" DLC sets a precedent that I don't really like, but I'll definitely be getting it, heheh.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3287 on: 7 April 2012, 02:05:20 »

I think I'll just refuse to play ME3 until I know my crew gets the ending it deserves.

Personally, I think the whole damn Normandy should just keep cruisin' the galaxy Star Trek style with Captain Commander Jean-Luc Shepard.

White Shadow
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3288 on: 9 April 2012, 04:29:31 »

Xbox Live is having a crazy SNK sale - it's nice when they have a sale featuring NOTHING that I currently own. I actually picked up everything:

King of Fighters '98
King of Fighters 2002
King of Fighters: Sky Stage
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug XX
Trouble Witches Neo

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3289 on: 9 April 2012, 14:39:24 »

I think the "Extended Cut" DLC sets a precedent that I don't really like

Exactly.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3290 on: 17 April 2012, 02:12:12 »

ME3 multiplayer: Well fun, but Xbox Live is full of knob'eads.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3291 on: 17 April 2012, 06:26:53 »

That's why you play with friends.

LIKE ME. :D

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3292 on: 19 April 2012, 22:47:59 »

If I have you, I never see you online!

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3293 on: 19 April 2012, 23:48:00 »

I'm online quite a bit. Look for the sexy mother#####er in the John Carter t-shirt.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3294 on: 20 April 2012, 15:10:49 »

I'm Johncar11.

Someone come play Trials Evolution against me and even TRY to win.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3295 on: 20 April 2012, 15:44:42 »

Picked up Giana Sisters DS.  It's not what I was expecting.  Soooo easy, but kind of fun.  Not awful, but I think the original one was a lot harder.  Now I just need to find a copy of Secret Files 2 on DS and I'm about done with that Platform (at about 110 games for it).

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3296 on: 21 April 2012, 02:40:06 »

Fez is awesome. And it's filled to the brim with ridiculously tough puzzles.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3297 on: 26 May 2012, 10:22:18 »

Finally got Batman: Arkham City. Its really good.

And Portal 2, too.

Going to get Diablo III soon.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3298 on: 18 September 2012, 12:31:05 »

Does anyone have Kirby's Dream Collection? It came out recently, and despite my recent disdain for Kirby games, I might actually get it.
It contains (pasted from GameStop):

6 Classic Kirby games included in one package:

Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy, April 1992 release)
    Kirby's Adventure (NES, May 1993 release)
    Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Game Boy, March 1995 release)
    Kirby Super Star (Super NES, Sept. 1996 release)
    Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES, Nov. 1997release)
    Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64, June 2000 release)

Also includes:

Brand-new Challenge Stages like the ones in Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)
    Kirby 20th Anniversary Soundtrack CD (Featuring 45 Kirby songs)
    Immersive and Interactive Timeline to see footage and box art of all Kirby's game releases.
    48-page booklet featuring various information about Kirby's star-studded career
    Some of the classic games include multiplayer modes.

I'm wondering if this might be worth 40 dollars, and it seems like it is. Just interested in a second opinion if anyone has one.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3299 on: 27 September 2012, 21:30:28 »

Borderlands 2 is my life until Halo 4 comes out.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string