MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 23:42:43
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1187966 times)
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2650 on: 21 December 2009, 06:43:36 »

I picked up that Metroid Prime Trilogy thing at Best Buy today because it was only $20 on sale. I've been itching to replay the original for a while, and I've never played the second, so this Trilogy thing with Wii Controls really interested me.

I haven't played it yet, but the real reason I'm posting is to let everyone know that Best Buy has it on sale for $20 instead of the usual $50.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2651 on: 21 December 2009, 08:49:25 »

I don't want it for any $.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2652 on: 21 December 2009, 18:01:56 »

I don't have a Wii :)

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2653 on: 21 December 2009, 22:40:58 »

-Minus one gaming buddy.  :(

And yeah, Prime isn't worth it.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2654 on: 22 December 2009, 03:47:31 »

you guys are teh suck :<

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2655 on: 24 December 2009, 02:31:34 »

The Bayonetta demo.

This game is freaking fun.

Posted on: December 23, 2009, 05:29:38 PM

Also, the "Army of 2, 40th day" demo.

It's EXACTLY Gears of War. Same engine, same character designs, except it's in Post Modern-day China.

Same crappy controls as Gears too.
Hell, taking cover and shooting over walls, even the slow moving bullets!

Why get that when you can just play Gears? Why even play Gears?

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2656 on: 24 December 2009, 05:11:57 »

Good question. I wonder that myself.

Went and played Jak and Daxter and 100%'d it in less than a day, which amazed me. Game felt longer back when I first got it years ago.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2657 on: 24 December 2009, 05:50:09 »

Yeah I played that Bayonetta demo a while back. It's not my thing. I dislike the designs and the gameplay is only alright.

I rented Prototype. It's alright but it doesn't live up to the hype. Fun enough, though you are just playing as Venom.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #2658 on: 24 December 2009, 08:26:02 »

I just finished Indigo Prophecy. [spoiler]I was enjoying the game a lot until the scenes towards the ending just got so bizare/ridiculous.[/spoiler]
Now Im hyped for not only Mass Effect 2 next year but also Heavy Rain, both games which should improve a lot on their predecessors.

I've played the Bayonetta demo awhile ago and while I don't like button masher action games as much as I used to, I had a lot of fun with demo and I might pick it up if I get the chance.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #2659 on: 24 December 2009, 23:39:53 »

Indigo Prophecy / Fahrenheit was really good apart from the sneaking sections and the end.

I do wonder how Heavy Rain will be though...

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #2660 on: 24 December 2009, 23:50:02 »

I disliked the climbing parts the most. (atleast with the  mouse)
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #2661 on: 27 December 2009, 21:28:44 »

The Bayonetta demo is fun. It makes me wish that I had finished Devil May Cry 4.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2662 on: 28 December 2009, 02:31:01 »

I started Fallout 3. I'm liking it well enough, but I always seem to be out of ammunition and/or money.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2663 on: 28 December 2009, 19:18:17 »

Been playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Smash Bros. both as virtual console games.

I just managed to go through nearly half of the 6th dungeon, but right as I was opening a treasure chest and got a key (which happened to be on spikes), I died. Luckily, I had a fairy to revive me, but since I was in the middle of opening a treasure chest, the game glitched and Link was just standing there. Any enemy attacks would make him flinch, but he wouldn't die.

Also, you can't just "save" the game, you have to "save and quit". I didn't want to save and quit, and now the game wouldn't even give me the option at this crucial moment, so I had to reset. All my progress for today was lost and became a total waste of time.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2664 on: 29 December 2009, 05:50:23 »

So, I got Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the Wii for Christmas and beat it in one sitting (I already knew in advance that it was short).

As someone who hasn't played a Silent Hill game since SH3 (I always hear bad things about new SH games so I didn't bother), SM has to be my new favourite game in the series. It was short, but sweet.

Playing through it... you don't really think about anything that's going on because you don't really understand them. Then, you get to the end, and holy crap. I did not expect it in the SLIGHTEST. there was NOTHING in the game to make you think it would end the way it would. And suddenly, everything that happened in the game all makes sense.

It was incredible. It wasn't a very scary game, nor was it very good at mimicking the old Silent Hill style, but it was a damn amazing attempt by the developers. I really hope that they can make another amazing experience like Shattered Memories again.

Of course, as a Silent Hill game, it has multiple endings. And since it's so short it'll be nice and easy to get the endings, but this time I'll be able to understand every much more, after knowing the truth about everything.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #2665 on: 29 December 2009, 16:28:02 »

I really want to play Shattered Memories...

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2666 on: 30 December 2009, 06:14:31 »

My girlfriend got me Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for Christmas so I've been playing that. It's not of the really good handheld ones or anything but I like it. It has both the shoe-horned timline and shoe-horned vehicle gimmicks in there, but I'm a trainiac anyway so I'm cool with it and I liked Wind Waker a lot so I don't mind this game being connected to it, plus it's BARELY connected anyway.

Didn't really like the controls at first, and now that I'm used to them they're OK but there was no reason to change the formula.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2667 on: 30 December 2009, 08:44:36 »

Annie is playing that too (and I have the 2nd file on there). So far, it's better than Phantom Hourglass, but it's practically the same thing with just a few changes.

I just finished A Link to the Past myself. VERY good Zelda game (not to mention difficult as heck too).

I also played Pokemon Rumble on Annie's Wii (Wiiware), and it's a lot of fun. However, we just did 3-player multiplayer co-op and beat Mewtwo. After that, you play "Advanced Mode" which consists of befriending and playing as 3rd/4th gen Pokemon, not 1st gen like the first part of the game.

Personally, that totally turns me off. I was hoping I'd see my 2nd gen favorites but instead I'm playing as retarded crap like a "Bidoof". If you want to try it, it's 1500 points ($15), but I really don't want to play the 2nd half of the game. I'm fine using the original 150. A free demo of the game is available online.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2668 on: 30 December 2009, 09:33:00 »

I passed on Phantom Hourglass as I would've passed on this one if it wasn't a gift.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2669 on: 30 December 2009, 20:23:14 »

I saw that it practically was something like the old overhead Zelda games (which is what I liked) so I got PH. It's got some annoying parts, since you're still on boats, not really exploring land, and the fact that you have to go through the SAME TEMPLE about 8 times.

They're pulling the same crap here, but with trains (which is nicer), and that same temple thing is back. However, they fixed it to where you don't go through all the same crap you've encountered already and just transport to the floor you left off on; according to Annie anyway.

I like them both, and the multiplayer is also kinda fun, excluding 2 distinct stages that are too annoying to play on.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2670 on: 30 December 2009, 20:26:06 »

Overall I didn't like PH much at all.
I got about halfway through and said screw it.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2671 on: 31 December 2009, 12:38:39 »

and the fact that you have to go through the SAME TEMPLE about 8 times.

5, 4 if you decide to get two maps on the same run.

Though it doesn't change the fact that the game was still pretty bad. ST so far is a lot better. I don't even mind the fact that I'm on train restricted on a track.

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2672 on: 31 December 2009, 21:14:16 »

Now that I have a console to play it on, I've started Megaman 9. God, this game is doing a good job reminding me how long it's been since I've played the old series. I can already see that there's going to be a lot of trial and error situations in store for me.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2673 on: 31 December 2009, 22:27:21 »

that same temple thing is back.

No it isn't. I know what she means, she's talking about the tower. But it's not the same temple over and over again; After you finish a Temple the spirit tracks reconnect and energy is sent to the tower, which reconnects one of the towers floors. So you keep going back to the tower but it's to get a rail map from a new floor.

I still KIND OF want to play PH just because it's showhorn timelined in between this and Wind Waker.

Anyway ST is pretty easy, and parts that are challenging are challenging in the way that it's just kind of stupid. But I'm almost done now and I like the game enough. Much better than Minish Cap at least!

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2674 on: 2 January 2010, 07:11:29 »

that same temple thing is back.

No it isn't. I know what she means, she's talking about the tower. But it's not the same temple over and over again; After you finish a Temple the spirit tracks reconnect and energy is sent to the tower, which reconnects one of the towers floors. So you keep going back to the tower but it's to get a rail map from a new floor.

Not rechecking my post, but I DID say they fixed it. It's practically the same concept, minus the whole annoying "Do this crap you've done before all over again" which therefore makes it enjoyable.

I still KIND OF want to play PH just because it's showhorn timelined in between this and Wind Waker.

I never liked Wind Waker just because I'm weird and picky on Zelda games like I said before, but PH was alright. Fans of Wind Waker tell me it's not as good though.

Anyway ST is pretty easy, and parts that are challenging are challenging in the way that it's just kind of stupid. But I'm almost done now and I like the game enough. Much better than Minish Cap at least!

I heard Minish Cap was awful, but I still kinda want to play it. I never got a chance.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2675 on: 2 January 2010, 15:31:17 »

Minish Cap was super boring and I quit halfway through.

I beat Spirit Tracks halfway through my vacation and I liked it, but it wasn't really all that great. Still a quality and fun game, and better than Phantom Hourglass.

Personal ranking of Zelda games, which should be the official ranking:

1. Link's Awakening
2. Link to the Past
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Wind Waker
5. Majora's Mask
6. Twilight Princess
7. Oracle of Ages/Seasons
8. Legend of Zelda (NES)
9. Zelda II
10. everything else

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2676 on: 2 January 2010, 15:56:24 »

So I got Mass Effect from Steam because it was only $5 and I'm really interested in the game.

I really like it! It's not overwhelming like certain other WRPGs I've played (Oblivion, Fallout...). The battle system is simple but very fun. Choices don't really seem to matter thus far but I like to learn as much as I can from the NPCs.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2677 on: 3 January 2010, 17:42:12 »

So I got Mass Effect from Steam because it was only $5 and I'm really interested in the game.

I really like it! It's not overwhelming like certain other WRPGs I've played (Oblivion, Fallout...). The battle system is simple but very fun. Choices don't really seem to matter thus far but I like to learn as much as I can from the NPCs.

Some choices REALLY matter later on.
Work on boosting charm and intimidation.

Posted on: January 02, 2010, 01:36:49 PM

So I'm playing Modern Warfare 2 and Trials HD on the 360 and Audiosurf on the PC. That's about it.

Trials HD is an incredible game, and everyone with a 360 should check out the demo.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2678 on: 3 January 2010, 22:50:29 »

I'll continue to specifically avoid playing MW2 until I see evidence of a strong underground dedicated server movement. Activision won't see a cent of my money until I can play the game my way.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2679 on: 3 January 2010, 23:01:26 »

There is a huge dedicated server mod for the game on PC.
It's very very popular.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2680 on: 3 January 2010, 23:21:33 »

Really? I just did another search and all I can see is the usual VPN workarounds (which is not what I'm looking for) and that stupid Youtube video with the low-grav and infinite grenades (which isn't a dedicated server, just developer console enabled again)
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2681 on: 4 January 2010, 06:38:49 »

Yeah, there really is a dedicated server mod.

It's illegal to use but I heard countless times that there is one and it's supposed to be popular.

I even heard it was made literally days after the game came out.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2682 on: 4 January 2010, 07:29:01 »

No, I already talked about that one:

that stupid Youtube video with the low-grav and infinite grenades (which isn't a dedicated server, just developer console enabled again)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2683 on: 4 January 2010, 16:55:12 »

I would rank Zelda games similar to ASR except Majora's Mask and Zelda II have no place on the list!

Some choices REALLY matter later on.
Work on boosting charm and intimidation.

Work on boosting charm OR intimidation. If you're playing more towards Paragon you're not gonna find yourself in any situation where you'd actually want to use intimidate, and the opposite for the opposite. And usually when you have the option to use charm you also have the option to intimidate so you're probably not going to miss out by picking one over the other.

Anyway a lot of the choices in Mass Effect are supposed to have more weight in Mass Effect 2, which I refuse to preorder because it will UNDOUBTEDLY interfere with my film work.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2684 on: 4 January 2010, 18:16:36 »

I'm thinking about giving Mass Effect a try soon. We'll see.

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2685 on: 5 January 2010, 03:10:28 »

I beat Fallout 3 and am on the Wily stages in Megaman 9.

Thinking of starting Dragon Age: Origins.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2686 on: 5 January 2010, 08:43:25 »

I really wanted to play Fallout 3 over the break and expected to get it as a gift but it didn't happen. My friend brought his over so I got a bit of play on it done but... Eeeeeh I wanna play moorrrrrrruuh!

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #2687 on: 5 January 2010, 09:45:51 »

I played the hell out of the original 6-player X-men arcade game at MAGFest. *does Colossus yell* OOOOOOORAAAAH!

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2688 on: 5 January 2010, 16:28:02 »

I really wanted to play Fallout 3 over the break and expected to get it as a gift but it didn't happen. My friend brought his over so I got a bit of play on it done but... Eeeeeh I wanna play moorrrrrrruuh!

It's good enough of a game. The only big complaint I had came with the length of the main story, which is rather short. If you're all for exploration, though, there's plenty to find which will add onto your playtime significantly.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2689 on: 5 January 2010, 19:41:48 »

I tried to play it, but after it kept freezing at one point I lost all desire to continue.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2690 on: 5 January 2010, 22:13:39 »

Bethesda's games are really glitchy. When I played it on the PS3 my dog died so I tried to load an older file and he was still dead. :<

Thank god for their PC version of the games. Mods, FTW! Made it so much more enjoyable for me.

I still dislike the overall hugeness of it, though.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2691 on: 5 January 2010, 22:21:03 »

I want to play Bayonetta.

Also I'm a 48 in COD multiplayer with a 1.25 K/D ratio.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #2692 on: 5 January 2010, 22:56:08 »

I found Ocarina of Time Master Quest at EB Games so I yoinked it up and I'm playing that now. I got Spirit Tracks for Christday so I'm also playing that.

But before that I beat both of the Professor Layton games.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2693 on: 5 January 2010, 23:37:53 »

Given that I'm pretty sure Mass Effect 2 is coming out soon, I think I'm going to want to replay the first. And I might cautiously look over someone's shoulder at Final Fantasy XIII, I don't plan on getting it myself but I just know it's going to end up in the house.

I've been in the hospital with nothing better to do, and I since I ended up with Spirit Tracks for Christmas I've been playing that. My overall impression is that it's better than Phantom Hourglass but it gives me a desire to replay that game.

This seems like the most straightforward Zelda game I've ever played, if that's the right word. I'm usually not able to get 100% on a Zelda game without the help of a guide, and I have this one pretty much covered. A lot of the quests are in the same vein, which puts you into a formula of finding people to transport and then exploring the area they unlock for you when you successfully transport them or deliver their stuff. I was only confused at the fact that you don't seem to get anything from some minigames, and more than one thing from other minigames, which sort of leads you to believe you're missing something or not getting a good enough score.

Overall I guess I like it. Call me a sucker. I feel like it's just a cash cow for Nintendo but there's enough in it to appeal to me and I apparently liked it enough to want to get everything in it. I guess I'll go head for the final battle soon and finish it off.

And hell yes, it is much better than Minish Cap.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2694 on: 5 January 2010, 23:51:39 »

Why are you in the hospital? Are you okay?

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2695 on: 6 January 2010, 00:26:14 »

Oh, ##### no I'm not. Haha. But I've been discharged today. I've been in there since Boxing Day afternoon, and I wasn't given a bed until like 4AM on the 27th. But I got to try morphine. It's nice, but I'm glad I'm off it. I'm too... stoic I guess, I'm not the kind of person who takes pain medication even when I probably should, and I guess that's not something to feel really proud about but I guess I am.

I'm going to be able to take it easy for a while, I've got, you know, my family with me who are all concerned right now and I'm going to play it close with my doctor for a bit and we're going to figure things out. I'll be fine, soon, and I think I'm on my way to recovering. I sure have a hell of a lot of pills to take.

It's actually kind of nice skipping my birthday in the hospital, because now I get to choose when I want to celebrate it.

But yeah, don't worry about me. I'm good. Let's talk games.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2696 on: 6 January 2010, 00:32:09 »

Voulnet just destroyed me in MW2 D:

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2697 on: 6 January 2010, 04:29:57 »

Today I was playing Tiny Toons: Buster Busts Loose on the Super Nintendo!

We got to the football level but then we had to stop playing!

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2698 on: 6 January 2010, 08:03:08 »

I've been seeing that game around. I had the option to buy it at the same garage sale where I bought my SNES, MMX, and Super Metroid.

I could have gotten it for $2. Is it any good?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2699 on: 6 January 2010, 09:28:40 »

Put it in the wrong thread and didn't even realize. *rageface*

TIE Fighter. Remembering that it made me want to be a game designer from the very first time I played it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string