MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 22:58:30
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1185251 times)
Rahvin
Metall

« Reply #2450 on: 26 September 2009, 22:50:00 »

I've been playing Dragon Quest 8, and Rune Factory, mainly. Though I also still have to finish Xenosaga, and beat the bonus dungeon in DQ5.... But I'm too sucked into Rune Factory. It's really easy if you upgrade your hammer early on and do a lot of mining. I made 10,000 a day in the second dungeon alone, and was able to beat 3/8 of the dungeons in one season. It is a good shot at an RPG/Farman gaemz mixture, and I'm looking forward to picking up the second and third eventually. I don't really have anything to say about DQ8...because it's #####ing Dragon Quest.
« Last Edit: 26 September 2009, 22:59:15 by Rahvin » Logged
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #2451 on: 27 September 2009, 20:44:16 »

*clink clink clink clink*

WAAAAAAAARIORS! COME OUT AND PLAAAAAAAAAAY!

I downloaded The Warriors: Street Brawl this morning. I'll play it after I get home from work tonight.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2452 on: 28 September 2009, 05:04:21 »

CAN YOU DIG IT?!

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #2453 on: 28 September 2009, 12:34:29 »

I bopped my way through the first part of the game last night (there are currently five sections to the game). I wasn't too impressed with it - its a prettier Streets of Rage with the super-cheap AI of the TMNT arcade game. At the same time though, I also get the vibe that you're supposed to play this with other people - not alone - so I'm going to try that later tonight.

I also downloaded Comix Zone and Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting (both are 400 MS points). Street Fighter II is what you'd expect it to be, and it just proved once again that you can't play a fighting game on a 360 controller.

Comix Zone on the other hand is a very fun game (I had never played it before until last night. I knew of it and the idea behind it, but never played it.), but I'm really not a fan of only having one life in the game. It also seems as though your life depletes the more you punch things. I can see that part of the idea was for you to use the stuff in the environment to make it so you wouldn't have to do this, but that doesn't really make sense - there aren't enough tools spread out all over the levels for this to really work. The enemies aren't particularly difficult; losing life over every damn thing is.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2454 on: 29 September 2009, 00:15:45 »

Haven't heard of it, what's it's about/what do you do?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2455 on: 29 September 2009, 00:44:17 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comix_Zone

I've always wanted to play that, it looked awesome when I was younger.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2456 on: 29 September 2009, 01:23:08 »

I just skimmed real fast, seems aight. Is it a side-scroller or fighter? I imagined it like a side-scroller but it looks more fighter-y.

I wish the "sprites and backgrounds [that] possess the bright colors and dynamic drawing style favored by superhero comics" looked like Golden Age comics instead of that 80's style crap. I think 80's might be my least favourite era of comic book art right now.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2457 on: 29 September 2009, 01:31:19 »

It's a beat 'em up where each section takes place in its own comic panel and each level is a whole page.

It's insanely difficult, I've never beat the second level.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2458 on: 29 September 2009, 01:37:07 »

OK but have you BEATEN the second level?!

Hu ho har hi!

KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2459 on: 29 September 2009, 01:51:28 »

Comix Zone: I have it in the megadrive collection for my PSP. Haven't finished it yet: it's suprisingly hard (and brilliant!)

kaPOW
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2460 on: 29 September 2009, 01:55:06 »

I've yet to unlock it on Sonic Mega Collection + yet, I just unlocked The Ooze and Flicky recently (actually, like at the beginning of the year?) and yet to unlock Ristar and Comix Zone. I REALLY want to play Ristar, but Sega HAD to make the unlock requirements be basically just having to RESET the game about 100 times.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2461 on: 29 September 2009, 01:57:13 »

Uh, are we talking about the same console? Because on the PSP you can just play the games right off the bat.

kaPOW
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2462 on: 29 September 2009, 02:18:47 »

I was talking about Sonic Mega Collection for the PS2.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2463 on: 29 September 2009, 02:19:58 »

RISTAR IS SO AWESOME!

Even though it's just slow Sonic.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2464 on: 29 September 2009, 04:36:44 »

I LOOOOOOVE RISTAR

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2465 on: 29 September 2009, 05:02:30 »

Ristar is awesome.

I showed the game off to my friends.

They thought it was meh.

I burned them alive.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2466 on: 29 September 2009, 05:22:40 »

Well it's no HALO!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2467 on: 29 September 2009, 05:29:14 »

I played and beat Halo 3: ODST.
Shooooort game.
Borrowed it from my room mate.

I love living in a hall full of XBros, I don't need to buy anything, just borrow games.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2468 on: 29 September 2009, 19:35:03 »

Of course it's short. No one has an attention span these da--

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #2469 on: 29 September 2009, 22:57:53 »

I've been playing that new-fangled Katamari game for the PS3. It's mostly (very mostly) recycled levels...Infact everything is recycled but OH WELL ITS KATAMARI AND I LOVE KATAMARI.

I've played it for so long that all I see is sticky balls when I close my eyes.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2470 on: 29 September 2009, 23:32:34 »

all I see is sticky balls when I close my eyes.

I can't not point this out.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2471 on: 30 September 2009, 02:36:51 »

I've been rocking Katamari Forever as well. I think of it more as a "best of" run for the series, which works out well for me, since I no longer have the originals.

Roboking is emo

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #2472 on: 30 September 2009, 03:37:04 »

Yeah, it is a "best of" but for some reason they had to bring back the Cowbear level!

I...I managed to get the Cowbear though, I'm so proud. This will be the first Katamari game in which I'll complete the collection! You'll see!
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2473 on: 30 September 2009, 06:45:24 »

I just got Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Not bad for a DS iteration of the console games, although I prefer many weak enemies compared to a few strong ones and I also prefer exploration over mission based worlds.

But other than that, yes very good.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2474 on: 30 September 2009, 15:38:34 »

I want to play that game. It looks like it plays like the console games, so that's good. As long as it doesn't play like that GBA one...
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2475 on: 30 September 2009, 16:12:16 »

Stupidest title ever.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2476 on: 30 September 2009, 16:29:46 »

Agreed.

We were supposed to push for preorders for it at one point, which was hard to do when you have no idea how to pronounce the games title.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2477 on: 30 September 2009, 16:30:42 »

I've been playing assassin's creed.

I hate the gameplay, but it's a very good looking game, save for when the framerate drops to 10 fps for minutes at a time.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2478 on: 30 September 2009, 20:26:55 »

"Hey you wanna pre-order Kingdom Hearts 358... uh... divided by 2 Days?"

"...what?"

"... Kingdom Hearts DS is what I meant to say."
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2479 on: 30 September 2009, 20:55:57 »

Pretty much. I eventually took to calling it Kingdom Hearts 179.

Surprisingly few people got it.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2480 on: 30 September 2009, 22:57:58 »

Smart-aleck.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #2481 on: 1 October 2009, 05:12:01 »

Been playing Mass Effect just after I finished Valkyria Chronicles (addicting though being luck based is kind of annoying for an RTS). I never played KOTOR but Mass Effect is extremely fun. I was actually kinda overwhelmed because this is the first "big" game I really played this generation.
« Last Edit: 1 October 2009, 05:19:31 by MOX » Logged
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2482 on: 1 October 2009, 05:26:33 »

Mass Effect was okay.

It suffers from everything else this generation; frame rate drops, unpolished gameplay, game breaking glitches (Mako), and repetition (every side mission; enter 1 of 3 buildings, shoot stuff, win. Also; Elvators.

All it had going for it was full voice acting.

BUT: you got the PC version which is superior because they fixed the glitches and made it smoother and polished.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2483 on: 1 October 2009, 05:49:33 »

Framerate drops in general aren't as much of an issue on PCs because if it gets out of hand you can adjust the settings.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #2484 on: 1 October 2009, 06:10:31 »

Speaking of which how do shields work in Mass Effect and how do you know how much shield life you have? I noticed some armors in the game have standard defense and shields and biotic tech defense whatever that is.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2485 on: 1 October 2009, 15:22:58 »

Health bar in the corner, when it's green, you have no shield, red means shield.

It's backwards, I know.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2486 on: 1 October 2009, 16:09:40 »

For me the shields were blue bars... And Shepard would say "I've lost shields!" when they went down. In which case, in most situations you can just retreat, get your shields back up, and even ready more biotics if you use them. The enemies don't chase you. And if your guys are dead, they magically come back to life when you're far enough away. In which case you can cover them until they get to you and then fully heal everyone with medi-gel and run back in.

I think you can beat that game getting away with not understanding a lot of things.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2487 on: 1 October 2009, 16:19:09 »

Yep, just hide and shoot.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2488 on: 1 October 2009, 19:52:32 »

biotic tech defense whatever that is.

It's exactly what it sounds like; Protection against biotic and tech attacks like Overload, Sabotage, Lift, etc.

Health bar in the corner, when it's green, you have no shield, red means shield.

Where did you get that idea? When the bar is green it's because you've been poisoned. Rachni do this to you a LOT. Shields are indicated by the blue bars. I didn't notice if I didn't have shields when toxic (actually I'm sure I did, and if I didn't you could just use tech or biotics anyway and have them back) but it never really mattered, that went away fast if you had the right armor upgrades on (Medical stuff the way, anything else is pretty much trash until yum have two armor upgrade slots), which also render medi-gel almost useless since you'll rarely need it. Although stuff that ups your physics threshold is good against biotic colonies.

For me the shields were blue bars... And Shepard would say "I've lost shields!" when they went down. In which case, in most situations you can just retreat, get your shields back up, and even ready more biotics if you use them. The enemies don't chase you. And if your guys are dead, they magically come back to life when you're far enough away. In which case you can cover them until they get to you and then fully heal everyone with medi-gel and run back in.

The enemies do chase you more later in the game. Especially rachni. Some enemies'll open doors to get to you unless you leave the map completely, so I don't know what this "don't chase you" business is about. But they are pretty stupid, yes. Teammates come back to life when the fight is over, so if they come back to to life when you've gone far enough away then you've left the fight enough you probably won't get chased.

I think you can beat that game getting away with not understanding a lot of things.

Definitely. Actually I think it's pretty clear when people basically played through the game "wrong". If you figure it all out, you really never have trouble.

Mass Effect was okay.

It suffers from everything else this generation; frame rate drops, unpolished gameplay, game breaking glitches (Mako), and repetition (every side mission; enter 1 of 3 buildings, shoot stuff, win. Also; Elvators.

All it had going for it was full voice acting.

BUT: you got the PC version which is superior because they fixed the glitches and made it smoother and polished.

You're such a flip flopper, you have a different opinion on Mass Effect every week! But whatever I don't care about that, I just want to know how the Mako glitched on you at all, 'cause I don't remember anything like that. I can't even think of it being remotely close to "game breaking".

The rest is fair I guess, though as I've said before elevators weren't long for me (they are on my girlfriend's though) and I didn't think the gameplay was unpolished--Just the menu system (which was updated on the PC version but not on XBox for whatever reason).

"All it had going for it was full voice acting." Oh please. Exaggeration. Yes, I guess full voice acting is a big get, but it has a lot more than that. You know, like how it actually has a good story in a GENERATION of games with storylines I actually hesitate to even call storylines.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2489 on: 2 October 2009, 04:20:35 »

Especially rachni? You only encounter them once in the entire game. They were such an inconsequential enemy and they might have been the only enemy successful at chasing you because they were specifically programmed to chase you because they outnumbered you ridiculously and the whole point of that part of the mission was to punch your way through them and run away from the rest of them before you ran out of time. And also that was from the first story mission I took (not realizing it was the most difficult of them all), so this was all before I really got the hang of the game and many kinds of tactics, including retreating, hadn't even really occurred to me. When it DID occur to me, I found I was always successful. So no. In my experience, they don't chase you. And I've never had an enemy open a door. They ALWAYS just hid, waiting for me to come to them. And when I went away they waited for me to come back. And I wasn't playing on easy difficulty or anything, I played on normal until I realized what a joke it was, and switched to hard. Or at least I'm pretty sure I did.

Fact: As I was looking over a certain sentence I realized I misspelled was. I spelled it like W-I-S-S. I don't know how I did that.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2490 on: 2 October 2009, 06:21:47 »

No, Majikn. I'm not talking about in that one level of the complex on Noveria when the game goes out of it's way to make sure you run through the room. I also took Noveria first and didn't know it would take me over four #####ing hours of work, haha.

You encounter Rachni on lots of sidequests. Some are in stations on planets, or have those pods laying about on worlds where bunches come out and mess with, and at least one of those freighters you dock on is full of them. This can come up depending on how you played, but I did every single possible sidequest in the game so I saw 'em all, but there's at least one world where you have to destroy three sizeable Rachni nests, one of which is threatening other Alliance troops.

Later Geth troops will follow you quite a bit, but not as much as other humans might. Again this is sidequest stuff, but I remember during the one where you take out a bunch of facilities in which the geth killed all the humans, took over, and are emitting some kind of signal, I retreated into a tunnel to heal up and a second or two later they just opened the door and piled it. There were geth knocking me down, geth on the ceiling, they killed Shepard fast. Weirdly, when I tried again, they opened the door again but were unsuccessful at opening the door on the opposite side of the hallway. So maybe they can only open certain doors (weird).

I'm not saying Mass Effect is a perfect game or even close, I just think all the things that are good about it make up for what's bad about it, which in my experience was REALLY only "bad menus and long elevators", and it gets a lot of crap for that when in reality it was a pretty fresh ride for me, and I rarely find any story that fresh these days especially in video games.
I honestly don't think I've encountered a video game with a story like that since Beyond Good & Evil, which was a great and fresh game as well though it suffered from rocky stuff and was far too short. Not that I play every game that comes out.

Either way, I have confidence that Mass Effect 2 will be ace if it's even just as good, but it will probably be better if only because they'll fix most people's issues with the first game.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #2491 on: 2 October 2009, 09:19:07 »

They say there's an option of running and gunning but I'm finding it hard to believe that's even possible with the AI's cheapo biotic powers and with my team mates dying really fast. Noveria was my first mission too.

I did come along some glitch where I was stuck in an elevator, or that I couldn't quick save before that cheap ambush because the game thought I was in combat (though I was clearly not). I don't know about the 360 version but yes the PC version DOES have some noticeable glitches though they can be avoided/managed.

The story and options is pretty amazing so far but I just hope Mass Effect 2 gets less glitches. Oh yeah and how do you exactly earn points for skills? I noticed that I sometimes get them along with my Exp.

edit: The advice on the shield part was helpful, I also think the health bar turns green when you get that shield buff by Wrex. At the of Noveria I literally had no shields so two seconds after the fight with the Matriarch, started I literally got knocked down by biotics, shot by gun fire and instantly died. This happened several times till I decided to run away and recover my shields. right after that mission i spent all my credits on heavy armor for shepard
« Last Edit: 2 October 2009, 09:28:39 by MOX » Logged
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2492 on: 2 October 2009, 16:43:30 »

I didn't do ALL the sidequests, mind you, but I swear I never encountered another rachni, and wouldn't expect to even considering I let the queen live. Maybe I don't remember it correctly. And it's very possible that none of the enemies that really would've given me a hard time running away were ever any of the enemies that ever gave me cause for running away.

Man, I didn't even BUY armor until I had so much money I could get the really good stuff.

But I'm not really complaining about anything, I'm just saying. I did thoroughly enjoy the game.

You earn points by levelling up. It'll tell you in the corner as you gain EXP if you levelled up. And all of your party, including ones that aren't fighting by you, will level up with you. This is convenient if you ever need to change your party or want to, because you can just set their skill points as soon as you land with your new party member.

If you're still at that boss, bear in mind that the west end of the room is a far better location for you to be, because the Matriarch stays where she is. Her biotics won't hit you, leaving you to take care of the asari commandos and the krogan. And the biotic abilities can be seen approaching you so you ARE able to dodge them.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2493 on: 2 October 2009, 16:59:43 »

I hate biotics.
I almost never used them.
I was all about the tech attacks. Overheating enemy weapons lets you run right up and smack 'em.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2494 on: 2 October 2009, 17:15:02 »

Hi, welcome to the Nerds Argue About Mass Effect thread!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2495 on: 3 October 2009, 02:42:33 »

We're not really arguing.
We're not really nerds.

I'm really glad I didn't choose to have biotics like my friend said to, I wouldn't have used them at all and tech attacks were WAY more useful! I really think Sentinel was the best class in the game.

They say there's an option of running and gunning but I'm finding it hard to believe that's even possible with the AI's cheapo biotic powers and with my team mates dying really fast. Noveria was my first mission too.

I did come along some glitch where I was stuck in an elevator, or that I couldn't quick save before that cheap ambush because the game thought I was in combat (though I was clearly not). I don't know about the 360 version but yes the PC version DOES have some noticeable glitches though they can be avoided/managed.

The story and options is pretty amazing so far but I just hope Mass Effect 2 gets less glitches. Oh yeah and how do you exactly earn points for skills? I noticed that I sometimes get them along with my Exp.

edit: The advice on the shield part was helpful, I also think the health bar turns green when you get that shield buff by Wrex. At the of Noveria I literally had no shields so two seconds after the fight with the Matriarch, started I literally got knocked down by biotics, shot by gun fire and instantly died. This happened several times till I decided to run away and recover my shields. right after that mission i spent all my credits on heavy armor for shepard

Any "shield buff" should just turn your shields all white and super. Wrex's Immunity skill will turn his health bar white.

Everything else you mentioned will get a LOT easier to deal with, but I still hated when enemy biotics would just knock me over. It makes Shepard look like a worthless doll or like he suddenly got crammed with polio the way he flops down.

The Matriarch was one of the hardest fights in the entire game for me, and Noveria was probably more work than any other planet. The Artemis Tau Cluster is JOKE.

I didn't do ALL the sidequests, mind you, but I swear I never encountered another rachni, and wouldn't expect to even considering I let the queen live. Maybe I don't remember it correctly.

I let that bratch live too but there were still Rachni sidequests. It's possible to miss the OPTION of doing certain sidequests all together, so that could've happened to you. Anyway the thing with the queen is that she's not in charge of ALL the Rachni, just her spawn, so all the rest are essentially renegade/fair game. The really big fast ones were a huge piss off, and I don't even think those ones appeared on Noveria at all.

Suggestion: When you're fighting the Matriarch's (Deanna Troy's) Krogan, they just hide like bitchfists. I think they're supposed to try and snipe you when they can, I don't know. I took them out using my own sniper rifle by grazing their heads. Don't worry if you're untrained of sniper rifles, I was too (at that time), and you can still USE any weapon, it will just be harder.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2496 on: 3 October 2009, 02:54:19 »

Neeeeeeeeeeeeerds!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2497 on: 3 October 2009, 06:03:24 »

I'm borrowing COD:WaW, same ##### different game. Not too bad though.

Also, my room mate bought "Trials HD" which is by far the hardest game I've played in forever, also the most fun.
It's a 2D dirt biking game. I spent over 20 minutes trying to get up a wall. It is HARD.
Check it out some time.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #2498 on: 3 October 2009, 23:10:03 »

I find myself rather stuck with MvC2 and Halo 3: ODST at the moment.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2499 on: 4 October 2009, 00:45:41 »

Really?

Neeeeeeeeeeeeerds!

Watch more TV (if that's possible).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string