MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 11:05:14
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1187886 times)
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1350 on: 15 December 2008, 03:32:08 »

It may be because I played SA1 after I played SA2, but Sonic's movement in the first just seemed sluggish by comparison.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1351 on: 15 December 2008, 23:01:03 »

-Was it SA or SADX? I can understand the former but I found the latter was overall better made than SA2:B.

I won't buy the new Sonic. I don't own my favourite Sonic so I'm not gonna start with something that will probably only be half-good.

-I wouldn't have gotten a 360 if it wasn't as damn fun as it is. I feel the same way as ASR; The Wii is my favourite but the 360 has.. something. I hate original XBox burningly. I hate how this 360 WILL fail me, though. I really do. It's one of the key reasons I held out so long on getting one.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to understand why people like the idea of achievements and gamerscores. Don't get me wrong; I don't like that idea. But holy ##### is it ever encouraging when you get an achievement by accident. It's got a sick pull or something that makes you happy about it when it's so unimportant.

-I keep playing Lego Indiana Jones even though it's not really good. I mean, Lego Star Wars 2 (which is the original only trilogy) was awesome and the demo of Lego Batman seemed like it'd be pretty good, but Indy is just... It's not on. Add to that the fact that I only really remember the story of Raiders Of The Lost Ark (my favourite one) and that even then the plot is hard to follow since there's no dialogue and these movies just aren't as epic as Star Wars, and it gets worse.

So why do I keep playing it? It's simple; I can turn off the sound, and watch TV shows on my laptop while mulling away at this game. And somehow, that makes the game really enjoyable.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1352 on: 15 December 2008, 23:25:47 »

Unfortunately, I'm starting to understand why people like the idea of achievements and gamerscores. Don't get me wrong; I don't like that idea. But holy ##### is it ever encouraging when you get an achievement by accident. It's got a sick pull or something that makes you happy about it when it's so unimportant.

Essentially, Microsoft hit a marketing jackpot with a stupid gimmick that gives you a false sense of superiority.

But yeah, I know the feeling. I got an achievement in Banjo-Kazooie for building a vehicle with over 200 parts and going over a certain speed, completely by accident, and I was like "Hey. That is some cool stuff. I guess. Maybe."

And there's an achievement that you can only get before you go to the last level, and even though I don't care about achievements, I still made sure to get that achievement before running off and not being able to get it anymore.

So there is sadly some sort of pull that affects me.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1353 on: 16 December 2008, 01:03:55 »

Uhm... So what is that achievement anyway?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1354 on: 16 December 2008, 01:08:38 »

Speedy of the Collossus. Or whatever.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1355 on: 16 December 2008, 01:43:42 »

The 360 didn't originally pull me in because I didn't want to send the impression that such piss-poor manufacturing standards were okay.
At this point that opinion may be moot, since so many other don't/didn't care (I would expect we'll see similar ##### in the future as well, though that may just be my cynical side talking).

They completely lost me when the only exclusive that I really wanted got ported over. Don't get me wrong, there are games on it that I still wish I could play, but not enough to compromise my standards. I guess it just made the most sense to me to buy a system that had the same games in terms of what I wanted to play, with a lower failure rate. (nevermind that it was cheaper overall)

I completely understand your draw to achievements. The trophy system is, for all intents and purposes, the same, and it IS nice when you get that little pop-up saying what you just accomplished. I also enjoy them because they make games last longer (I'm an i dotter). Maybe they would be less annoying if only YOU could see them? Or, better yet, if only YOU could see them, and higher scores granted you access to exclusive previews of stuff or something that made them seem more worthwhile in the long run.

Also, I was referring to SA:DX, as I never played the Dreamcast iteration.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1356 on: 16 December 2008, 03:39:33 »

I felt exactly the same about 360... And then Banjo dropped. And I've been making a mad amount of money for my age and living arrangements and hadn't spent a dime of it on frivolous things (or ANY things, I've just been banking it). Also peer pressure, but that's never really worked on me so I can't really count that but it probably greased things.

I guess all the planets lined up.

On the subject of the trophy system (which is the PS3 thing, yeah?) and all that new Sony jazz, I read some stuff today about PlayStation Home... Well, I'll just say the concept originally sounded awful, and now it sounds a lot worse.

Also, I was referring to SA:DX, as I never played the Dreamcast iteration.

Weird, I never played either of them on Dreamcast either, but I had the opposite experience with them on GC.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1357 on: 16 December 2008, 03:43:46 »

I played both on Dreamcast, but SA1 was a demo, and SA2 was at a friend's house. I prefer the Gamecube versions.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1358 on: 16 December 2008, 03:47:49 »

Well that's a given, really, since it's not like they straight ported the bitches.
Heheh, he said "straight ported the bitches".

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1359 on: 16 December 2008, 04:07:33 »

Home will be a bigger deal for casual gamers looking to socialize, more than anything else.

I'm a hermit when it comes to gaming, so I never used my beta version, save for the initial "let's just see what this is about" phase.

Also, Semi-random aside: Afro Samurai on Blu-ray is #####ing awesome.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1360 on: 16 December 2008, 18:18:36 »

Bought Chrono Trigger DS yesterday on a whim, now I'm #####ing addicted, someone help me.

I DONT EVEN LIKE RPGS AND I SOMEHOW LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1361 on: 16 December 2008, 19:10:08 »

I have a solution.

Give me the game. I haven't played it, am trying to save cash by not buying a lot of games, and I know I'm missing out.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1362 on: 16 December 2008, 19:17:44 »

Or better yet, give ME the game! I can afford it, but-um-I'm saying please so that's way more polite.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1363 on: 16 December 2008, 19:28:12 »

I'm sure I'll... figure it out myself.

*hastens back to ds*
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1364 on: 17 December 2008, 05:34:32 »

Final Fantasy VII.

It's basically the reason why I'm not on the Internet that much.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1365 on: 17 December 2008, 17:37:20 »

That game is either over-hyped or gets a bum rap, there's never an in-between.

I thought it was good. The graphics for the time weren't the best, but I also don't care about graphics.

The story was good. Cloud was slightly Emo, but he managed to do it without being a pussy.

And it had Mr. T with a gun hand.

MR. T WITH A #####ING GUN FOR A HAND!

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1366 on: 17 December 2008, 23:08:51 »

It seems that most people I know like it, but realise that it's generally over-hyped.

I see it as the game that sort of branched Final Fantasy over into becoming... something else. Now we have games like Final Fantasy X, with the weird sphere grid thing, and all of a sudden any character can learn any magic or special ability, making them all the same. That's my main problem with 7. As a game by itself, I thought it wasn't bad. As a Final Fantasy game, they sort of had their thing going and then turned on their fans with something else... again, that's not bad by itself, but it's progressed into something worse.

Comparing it to IV, I loved how every party character eventually had a purpose. They all had an important role in the story. I don't know when they started to lose that aspect, but I'd guess that VII wasn't helping any.

I played it through once, and I tried to play it through a second time for the hell of it, that didn't really work out. I got pretty bored and quit. But maybe I was spending too much time on quests.

When it comes to me and Final Fantasy, the last one I'd buy will probably be the DS remake of VI. Getting XII was a mistake, and I guess it doesn't matter whether or not I get XIII because my cousin and my brother are obsessed with Final Fantasy, so they'll end up getting it I imagine.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1367 on: 17 December 2008, 23:16:06 »

I've decided to play through Earthbound again.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1368 on: 17 December 2008, 23:35:22 »

Earthbound: Yes, please!

FF7: Nah, I'm OK thanks.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1369 on: 17 December 2008, 23:50:41 »

Last month I started playing FF7 for the first time, I enjoy it so far. Haven't played it in awhile though since caught up with other games.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1370 on: 18 December 2008, 00:23:24 »

I dunno, I tried playing FF7 once... I just couldn't get into it. Didn't think it was bad, but I didn't find it too interesting either.

I've decided to play through Earthbound again.

That reminds me, I should seriously finish that game already. I love it so much yet I haven't beat it. Too many distractions...
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1371 on: 18 December 2008, 01:39:21 »

I tend to not like Final Fantasy altogether, and I don't see what's special about FF7.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1372 on: 18 December 2008, 03:02:51 »

I think Final Fantasy, like many other things, was ruined by an explosion of fans.

Before Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy fans where just general RPG loving folk.
When Final Fantasy VII hit, there was a massive influx of fans.
It remained that way for awhile.
Suddenly people started to realize that lots of people liked FFVII, and decided that they no longer did.

I actually know someone who dislikes it purely because so many people like it.

That's easily one of the most retarded reasons to dislike something that I can think of.

I still really enjoy FFVII. I don't give a damn who does or who doesn't. It certainly isn't the end-all-be-all of RPGs, but it's still pretty damn good.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1373 on: 18 December 2008, 03:07:39 »

I'll probably give FF7 another shot soon, maybe during the holiday break.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1374 on: 18 December 2008, 04:13:15 »

I would give it another shot but I'm worried even having FF7 anywhere near my house will alert rabid fans to come press up on my windows like civil zombies. And there's enough people already here doing that just 'cause I'm home, I don't need any more.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1375 on: 18 December 2008, 04:51:49 »

I've agreed with everything Edge said about FFVII.

I've played and beat it a very long time ago. I remember loving every second of it, I just can't remember why. A long time ago after that, I disliked it just because it has so many fans. Coming here made me a smarter person on opinions, and I realize that it's stupid to hate it for such a reason, especially since I had so much fun with.

Playing it now, I can remember why I had fun with it. So yes, I agree, it's a good game, but it's highly overrated. The translation is terrible and the materia system is broken because of the fact that everyone can be the same.
But those are my only real big beefs about it.

I'm on Disc 3. I'm more than powerful enough for Sephiroth, but I want to try to master all of my materia and get the Master Materia from all of the Huge Materias.

Then I'll try my hand on Emerald and Ruby WEAPONS but I doubt I can even manage to scratch them. x_x

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1376 on: 18 December 2008, 05:24:18 »

I will tell you one thing I absolutely love about FF7: Its music.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1377 on: 18 December 2008, 06:11:51 »

My opinion on it all?

FF1-FF6: EPIC!

FF7-FF?: EPIC FAIL!
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1378 on: 18 December 2008, 13:22:43 »

"Fail" is so overused lately.
Every time I hear it it irks me.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1379 on: 18 December 2008, 16:14:32 »

Then I'll try my hand on Emerald and Ruby WEAPONS but I doubt I can even manage to scratch them. x_x

Emerald Weapon: Knights of the Round + Quadra Magic + Mime

Ruby Weapon: Kill two of your comrades before entering the battle, that way he doesn't do that damn whirlsand move. Once his hands are in the sand, cast phoenix to bring them back. Now you have a full party, which helps a lot. Next you'll want to w-summon Hades and Knights of the Round, then mime the hell out of those. Also, equipping items like ribbons, mystiles, and Minerva bands will help nurf any attacks Ruby manages to use.

My opinion on it all?

FF1-FF6: EPIC!

FF7-FF?: EPIC FAIL!

I can't help but wonder what qualifiers lead you to group them in such a fashion.

I would give it another shot but I'm worried even having FF7 anywhere near my house will alert rabid fans to come press up on my windows like civil zombies. And there's enough people already here doing that just 'cause I'm home, I don't need any more.
That's easily one of the most retarded reasons to dislike something that I can think of.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1380 on: 18 December 2008, 19:51:41 »

He was TOTALLY joking there. Had to have been. That wouldn't happen. Right? ... Right?

I used those strategies to beat Emerald and Ruby, back in the day. Levelling up all that materia took hours. And then I beat Sephiroth AFTER and I was like "... what the ##### was that?"

I was expecting something several times more difficult... because even though that's the first Final Fantasy game I ever played, I don't know. You get an impression from those insane-looking bosses that actually fighting them seems to be like swallowing a seedless grape after thinking you'd have to force a live monkey down your throat.

I guess it was just the fact that those bosses weren't really "hidden" bosses, so I didn't figure they'd be stronger than Sephiroth.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1381 on: 18 December 2008, 20:52:56 »

FF7 was alright, I played it to the end, enjoyed the funny lego graphics, liked the battle system, story was alright..

FF8 I played, a few times even. Didn't like it.

FF9 was awesome, loved every last bit of it. Especially Garnet.

FF10 was refreshing, liked some concepts. Aeons were ugly as #####. WEIRD STUPID STORY.

FF11 and beyond: no thx

9-10 did it for me, only FF games I liked, I couldn't get into the first 6 except for 5.

LOL BANDWAGON
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1382 on: 18 December 2008, 21:56:10 »

Final Fantasy 1, 4, and 9 are pretty good.
I hate FF8 and 10.
The rest were relatively mundane.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1383 on: 18 December 2008, 22:46:05 »

I can't help but wonder what qualifiers lead you to group them in such a fashion.

I'll tell you!
The first 6 were on Nintendo systems, yeah, and that was nice.
Also, I just didn't like 7 and everyone else made it even worse by never shutting the ##### up about it and wondering if there had actually been a 1 through 6.
On top of that 7 was super homoerotic. Main character wears a dress, main character bathes with a bunch of dudes, and then main character gets asked out by a big black guy. I didn't like playing a Final Fantasy game that made me feel like I was playing Cho Aniki.
Furthermore FF7 pretty much ruined every FF character in any game after that. Remember when protagonists weren't flat chested girl-men who cried about stuff? I remember, and that's how I liked it. But noooooo! Big eyed, girly boys who bitch and moan bring in the demographic of a acne ridden, fat, twelve year old girls which before that point was a completely untapped market. So no more originality or manly protagonists, or good villians either, and while they were at it they threw out the idea of having any female characters who didn't have big boobs and annoying high pitched voices. Yeah, no more strong female protagonists like Rosa and Rydia, make way for Lady Melon Tits and Ms. Get Stabbed.
And the icing on the ##### cake is that there are a bunch of retards out there who claim that FF7 is the best game ever. That's bull#####. In my opinion it's not even a very good game. It wasn't even up to snuff for the time in which it came out. No voice acting, everything looked like a blocky ##### stain, the sound was crap, and it wasn't fun. Compare that to Metal Gear Solid, a different game on the PS1 that didn't totally suck balls. Great graphics, voice acting, damn good voice acting, and the sound was great, and it was a damn good time. So there, I defunct the idea that FF7 is the best game ever. Also, MGS3 was way better than the original, so that defuncts the idea that FF7 is the best game ever again. Any idiot who would even think to claim FF7 is the best game ever needs to be #####ing murdered.

In short;
FF7 RUINED EVERYTHING!

...And FF4 was the best of all of 'em.
Oh, also Metal Gear Solid was better than every Final Fantasy game put together.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1384 on: 18 December 2008, 22:57:04 »

I generally don't like voice acting in my RPG's, so that bit I could care less about.
The rest of it is relatively true. Although, it's quite exaggerated.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1385 on: 18 December 2008, 23:13:22 »

Just so you realize this Edge: You asked for it.

Also, the Yoshi Derby in Super Mario RPG just might be the most pointless thing I've ever done.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1386 on: 18 December 2008, 23:45:16 »

Dude, I #####ing hated that.
The Yoshi Derby is Square's second worst creation ever.

...Oh yeah.
Final Fantasy 7 was also racist. ^_^
« Last Edit: 18 December 2008, 23:52:35 by Captain Sanoguchi » Logged
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1387 on: 19 December 2008, 00:17:58 »

No one's claiming it was the best game ever. But other than that, I enjoyed the rant.

When it comes to FFVII being racist I really hope you don't bring up what I think you're going to bring up. Just because Barret is black doesn't mean he's a portrayal of all black people.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1388 on: 19 December 2008, 00:34:19 »

I love voice acting.
I also like Tales games.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1389 on: 19 December 2008, 01:05:17 »

No one's claiming it was the best game ever. But other than that, I enjoyed the rant.

When it comes to FFVII being racist I really hope you don't bring up what I think you're going to bring up. Just because Barret is black doesn't mean he's a portrayal of all black people.

Well, I was kind of kidding, that's why it wasn't a part of the rant.
And there are actually quite a few retards people (not necessarily here at MMM) who do claim it's the best game ever.

Did I mention FF7 horribly maimed Cid too?
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1390 on: 19 December 2008, 02:12:40 »

I'd rather play Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which is NOT the best game ever but it's pretty darn good and worth my time to replay. It's a true contestant.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1391 on: 19 December 2008, 02:59:22 »

Right. My stance on Final Fantasy starts, and often ends, with this; I can't stand any game where I absolutely hate the character that I am supposed to be. If I wanted to hate myself, I'd just keep living my normal life, I don't need that crap in my escapism.

It's sort of like in Spaced (hello, Alec) where he keeps drowning Lara Croft because of his girl troubles.

GETTING TO THE POINT; I hate Cloud, Squall (but not in Kingdom Hearts as "Leon", where I find him awesome. It helps that he's voiced by David Boreanaz, even if there's little voice-acting in the game anyway), and Tidus (I hate him the most). They've turned me off all the new FF games. And of the ones I've played, the only one I really liked was the one with Cecil (I still get confused as to which number it is).

I also remember enjoying Mystic Quest Legend (that's the EU title I played it as, but here it's just "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest" or something), but I'm not sure I ever finished it. Possibly the simplest RPG on earth, since it equips for you and you can't do anything about it, plus it sort of just pushed you right through, but a good little entry-level RPG game for getting on with in ##### time (that's the S word, ##### time means those little periods of nothing doing between actual things you have to do).

Had moderate fun with Crystal Chronicles, but the co-op was only ever good if you had the RIGHT people around. I played once where there were two control freaks in the game and I was over it. All I wanted to do was smash things with my Lilty, and we spent over an hour wandering a #####ing desert getting nothing done. That was worse than playing the game alone, which got old enough fast enough that I'll probably never pop the game in again.

"Epic" isn't?

He was TOTALLY joking there. Had to have been. That wouldn't happen. Right? ... Right?

Yes, I was.
I thought it was lucid enough, but whatever.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1392 on: 19 December 2008, 03:02:37 »

"Epic" isn't?

Fail is overused more.
"Epic Fail" has REALLY started getting on my nerves.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1393 on: 19 December 2008, 03:05:30 »

There's a book called;

The book of
EPIC
FAIL

(title written something like that) and while I've not read it, I never will because I hate it's title. Yes I judge books by their cover. That's how you know what damn book it is.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1394 on: 19 December 2008, 03:13:47 »

GETTING TO THE POINT; I hate Cloud, Squall (but not in Kingdom Hearts as "Leon", where I find him awesome. It helps that he's voiced by David Boreanaz, even if there's little voice-acting in the game anyway), and Tidus (I hate him the most). They've turned me off all the new FF games. And of the ones I've played, the only one I really liked was the one with Cecil (I still get confused as to which number it is).

Cecil was in four.
And yeah, he's awesome.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1395 on: 19 December 2008, 03:16:48 »

The whole game is awesome.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1396 on: 19 December 2008, 04:08:06 »

You're damn right it is!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1397 on: 19 December 2008, 06:08:18 »

This whole thread is tl;dr..

This is the only thing I bothered to look at enough to care.

"Epic" isn't?

Fail is overused more.
"Epic Fail" has REALLY started getting on my nerves.

The John is right, people at my school say this a lot in class. And it's getting to the point where I'm about to tell these people to ##### off and stop talking like retarded sheeple.

##### yeah new page.

LOL BANDWAGON
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1398 on: 20 December 2008, 00:37:04 »

Left 4 Dead.
Left 4 #####ing awesome!

Hooray for Valve!
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1399 on: 20 December 2008, 03:28:01 »

My friend's playing that, another game I want to try on the 360. I heard the PC version had custom content but my computer is crud anyway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string