MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 10:48:13
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1185173 times)
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1100 on: 8 November 2008, 06:16:29 »

Anyway, I just beat Quantum of Solace.

Ended in a bit of a cliffhanger, but I guess that doesn't spoil the movie. Was a little bit short but towards the end the gameplay got kind of tiring. For me, though, the game is long enough and difficult enough that it kept me coming back to the end. Also, the AI is programmed really good. Sometimes the AI will decide to throw a grenade under an opening gate, and there's the occasional kamakazi man running towards you in order to kill you... which is actually annoying because of how low HP you have (but annoying in a good way).

And its now officially the first PS3 game I've beat (other than MGS4 but I didn't beat that on MY PS3).

So, not bad for a Bond game, and certainly not bad for a first Bond game by Activision. Looking forward to their other Bond games, as long as they have something new in store.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1101 on: 8 November 2008, 18:00:55 »

Uhm. I just checked out some stuff on my Wii on a CHANCE because last night I tried from 2:00am to 4:30am to fix my PC in any way and I couldn't get anything (How DO I actually boot windows from the repair disc anyway? It won't work so I can't format...). So I just decided to see if my Wii would connect to wi-fi via my, or any surrounding area, wireless router (why does someone have a connection called Believe_In_Jesus? Is he the one giving me wireless woes?).

Well. Apparently Nintendo decided that the Wii can now connect with my router. It used to be incompatible, but all of a sudden... Yeah. The connection isn't strong, really, but it's working enough for a system update. Taking a while but I guess it's worth it.

Maybe I'll be able to go up the street to Shopper's Drug Mart and get a Wii Points card + classic controller and get MM9 today. I'm dying for a new game and I can't play Cave Story at home (which is like all I want to do right now). And there is no way I'm taking the bus to any game store today.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1102 on: 8 November 2008, 19:35:09 »

Just buy the points with a debit or credit card right in the shop channel.....

That system update I got last night did nothing as far as I can tell.

Also, miraculously, the red button in my guitar was fine after I cleaned the plates in the detachable neck with rubbing alcohol.
Which means I'm still currently playing World Tour.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1103 on: 8 November 2008, 20:13:53 »

I just got, played and deleted the demos for Banjo Kazooie, Tomb Raider Whatever and Mirror's Edge, all of which are exactly the crap that ruins gaming.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1104 on: 8 November 2008, 20:55:42 »

That system update I got last night did nothing as far as I can tell.

Also, miraculously, the red button in my guitar was fine after I cleaned the plates in the detachable neck with rubbing alcohol.
Which means I'm still currently playing World Tour.

I want the classic controller anyway. Plus I don't have a credit card, and don't debit online (though I should).

Anyway I decided to just play demos on my DS instead 'cause I don't feel like doing anything today before this party I'm going to.

I just finished with a cute little strategy game called Ninjatown or something. I had a lot of fun in the six levels you get. I'd buy it, but not full price 'cause it's not all that hard or compelling (but it probably gets better). It's kind of funny too.

Now I'm gonna try this Dragonball Origins, which I'm surprised is in 3D.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1105 on: 8 November 2008, 23:04:44 »

It doesn't work with just ANY debit card. Mine doesn't. I'd use it all the time if it did.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1106 on: 8 November 2008, 23:08:45 »

If only it did work with my debit...LES SIGHS.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1107 on: 8 November 2008, 23:20:23 »

I has a credit card now so I can buy stuff from the PlaystionStore.

I finally get to play Bionic Commando: Rearmed. :D

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1108 on: 8 November 2008, 23:29:34 »

I have a Mastercard!

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1109 on: 8 November 2008, 23:43:00 »

Visa Debit card, in ATK mode.

I can purchase Wii points with it.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1110 on: 8 November 2008, 23:43:54 »

Yeah, you WOULD crack a Yu-Gi-Oh joke right now!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1111 on: 8 November 2008, 23:56:36 »

Visa Debit card, in ATK mode.

I can purchase Wii points with it.

YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!

YOU LOSE 2000 LIFE WII POINTS!

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1112 on: 9 November 2008, 04:13:48 »

Yeah. I don't have a credit card because I don't WANT one.
But I'm going to have to get one for my European adventure soon.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1113 on: 9 November 2008, 06:29:26 »

ASR, Text problem is being fixed.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1114 on: 9 November 2008, 07:45:45 »

Well then. That makes Banjo all the more awesome.

*Hears Abe say "bah-humbug" from the distance*

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1115 on: 9 November 2008, 13:50:44 »

Some other game has rediculously small text as well... I don't recall it.

Anyway, are they fixing the fact that the text is unfunny, too?

Banjo makes Crash Bandicoot look appealing.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1116 on: 9 November 2008, 14:06:11 »

I never saw this, as I never put effort to anyway, but...

Banjo Trailer

I guess I only have one personal issue now, is that there's enough adventure or more adventure than fiddling with these machines and junk (in the actual game). As cool as all this looks, I wanna play a Banjo-Kazooie game, not Banjo-Kart.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1117 on: 9 November 2008, 14:37:46 »

From what I hear, if you go in expecting a true Banjo-Kazooie 3, you're going to hate it.

It's more of a spin-off game than anything else, whether or not they want to admit it. Some similar aspects of gameplay, yeah, but don't expect much to be the same.

I'm just surprised that I actually ENJOY the new gameplay.

And yeah, the text fix just made my day. Now I have absolutely no qualms with the game.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1118 on: 9 November 2008, 16:47:47 »

Dead Rising I believe.

They assume everyone has an HD TV.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1119 on: 9 November 2008, 20:00:45 »

If I had a 360, the main selling point would probably be the soundtrack. Because Kirkhope is almost as much a god among composers as David Wise is.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1120 on: 9 November 2008, 20:11:35 »

Dead Space I believe.

Fixed.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1121 on: 9 November 2008, 23:44:53 »

Dead Rising is right, I've never heard of Dead Space.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1122 on: 10 November 2008, 00:20:36 »

Me neither. Sounds like an old arcade game or something.

Rented Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows on the Wii. Which looks badass. I'm only ten minutes into it, getting used to ANOTHER new swinging engine and stuff but so far it's cool. Cage is already in it and you know I love that. You can change from black suit to normal anytime.

I'm not sure but I've heard there's like ramifications for decisions, and I'm sure using the alien suit is one of them. That's cool. Although I want to use it without worrying about going evil. Still, it's cool so far. We'll see though 'cause the last time I rented a Spider-game on Wii (Spider-Man 3, for the movie) I had such a bad time I never popped it in again.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1123 on: 10 November 2008, 00:23:26 »

You guys never heard of Dead Space?

It's a Third-Person Survival Horror Shooter with the location based in an Outer Space colony.

It's not bad, actually. Its just that I was planning on playing it in bed but the text is so small that I had to get right up close to the TV to read it.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1124 on: 10 November 2008, 00:31:03 »

I really want to get Dead Space but...

Seriously? They did that ##### too? Why won't they learn?

To be honest, after going through that ##### with Dead Rising, I REALLY don't want to go through it again.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1125 on: 10 November 2008, 01:40:24 »

Spidey games are so hit and miss.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1126 on: 10 November 2008, 04:28:21 »

They are.

So far it's hit. Wii controls take a bit of getting used but are pretty alright so far. Don't like Spidey or Cage's voices outside of real cutscenes. Just had some stuff with my favourite Spidey lady (not MJ). A lot more of the random city events than in previous games, and since I'm trying to keep being a good guy, I'm fighting every gang war, every drive-by, helping everyone who need to go to the hospital, etc. on my way to missions. That makes it take longer, and I don't think the story of the game is all that long.

Just enough of upgrading for each suit, and unlocking other costumes isn't a chore, in fact they come along quickly. I have 3 unlocked so far, interesting choices for this game. For one of the three costumes I've yet to unlock, all you have to do is finish Act 2 (one of the costumes I had all you had to do was finish Act 1) and another is just about defeating 500 enemies (EASY).

Levelling (a matter of HP and swing speed) as well isn't a chore, it's based on collecting a certain amount of spider token things for each level. This is the kind of fetching that in the past has made me basically want to die (tokens in "Ultimate Spider-Man", yeah?) but it seems like almost every building has one of these things lying around, so it's actually pretty damn easy to find any of them. Thus, you don't even have to look for them, just pick them up on your way around.

Upgrades are bought with experience points. And you can "sell" upgrades you don't want anymore, which is a good idea since sometimes you don't really get how something works from the description.

Story wise, it's been mostly a lot of fighting gang members and learning moves so far, but the opening video is set a few days into the story's future so you there'll be something. Not to mention (but I will) lots of cameos since that video itself has a bunch, like Steel Spider, in the background fighting (so that's not even including people that actually have lines in the opening). One thing I'm glad for, I'd definitely play this a second time or third time. I've only had a couple of the "decision" parts but I can tell they're weighed heavily enough to allow for replay value. I'm trying to keep my alignment red (or good, rather) and keeping to good guy decisions instead of succumbing to the alien costume, but I switch to that costume when I feel it works with the story.

NYC loves Spider-Man.

Speaking of which, the whole thing LOOKS real pretty, and the game isn't kidly like I assume "Spider-Man: Friend Or Foe" was since Venom was basically your dog. The city seems pretty big, clearly bigger than "Ultimate Spider-Man" and easier to lose yourself in, since the colours are more real and thus everything (like a real city) can look similar in a good way. In Ultimate, everything was easily recognizable, so much so that you always knew where you were, which sounds good but isn't since this is supposed to be New York City.

So far the game is pretty good, I've yet to take in the scope of the whole scenery or really get into the story but I'm considering actually buying it.

Hopefully, there is a plain Peter Parker costume. I love those.
« Last Edit: 10 November 2008, 04:34:12 by Mikero » Logged

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1127 on: 10 November 2008, 04:44:58 »

Cool. I'm definitely interested in your opinion as of you finishing the game, because I remember wanting it when you talked about it before. I completely forgot about it until now.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1128 on: 10 November 2008, 15:34:05 »

From what I hear, if you go in expecting a true Banjo-Kazooie 3, you're going to hate it.

It's more of a spin-off game than anything else, whether or not they want to admit it. Some similar aspects of gameplay, yeah, but don't expect much to be the same.

Well... by the sound of that, I won't exactly hate it, but I expected a Banjo adventure game. I'll hate the fact that I'm not getting it.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1129 on: 10 November 2008, 15:53:31 »

From the first trailer a while back, I could tell it wasn't going to be a true Banjo game and was disappointed. But by now I'm over that and I'm okay with what we have now.

von Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1130 on: 11 November 2008, 19:52:17 »

Out of all the games I'm currently phasing in-and-out of, I'd be playing Halo PC every night. I don't normally play it for the campaign. Just for the online multiplayer.

MoX and I normally go on for a few games every night. I played for a little bit with JC, and I got Chron briefly into it. If anybody else has the game, Custom Edition or the, uhm... cracked "free" version, let me know. MoX and I will kick your asses.

Macher; the Absolute

R.I.P. MMM... You are missed.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1131 on: 11 November 2008, 21:57:42 »

Further along in Spidey I've only encountered one glitch, which is a glitch that keeps happening in modern Spider-Man games. When you bring someone to the hospital and is doesn't register that you've done it. So eventually you just have to move on and let the game think you failed to save that person. BUT this only happened to me the one time in this game, and nothing else like that happened.

The game hasn't been too challenging, and you have a seemingly unlimited amount of retries at any part of anything, since the game autosaves like ALL the time. So that's pretty good, because there are times when the last part of a boss fight is doing quick Wii remote and nunchuck motions (which are incredibly improved since Spider-Man 3) and if you screw them up once you die, but get to retry from that part so it's not at all bad.

As I've heard, there's barely any story. There is one, but most of the game is tied up in the chaos that is NYC. Imagine the amount of city events in other sandbox Spidey games tripled, or more. However, the lack of complex-complex story is not anything, and I really haven't minded it that much. I feels like a day to day Spidey-life game at some points, just stopping crooks and Kingpin's thugs, and heists while on your way to a new mission. Which is actually pretty cool, because now that I'm fully accustomed to the swinging I realize how awesome the swinging is.

But I STILL haven't explored the city, really. I've been all over, not that I can tell, but there's so much crime and need going on down in the actual streets that the only way to get away from it is to stay up high (makes sense) since as I'm playing this with full red alignment as much as possible, I always solve everything on my path if I'm down in the trenches that are the streets of New York.

Central Park looks more massive than in Ultimate Spider-Man, which I remember thinking was very massive the first time I saw it from the top of a building. Everything in this is just that much bigger. Everything.

The music when fighting seems almost tailored to the type of fight. I don't really want to spoil anything but when fighting certain guys at one point in act 3 (some of whom tend to just stand in the streets like zombies until they notice you) the fight music is creepier than I remember it being when fighting gang bangers or techno henchmen. When you're just swinging around up high, closer to the beginning, the music does that kind of grandiose thing they do in the Spidey movies, which seems about perfect.

The cameos I wanted most have been in it (Cage, and someone else) already, and I've been really liking the rest so far.

Universe-wise, it's using the normal Marvel universe (616), but somewhere in the past. It's after the New Avengers got together (they talk about it a bit, and Sentry's watchtower appears over Stark Tower) but also some point before the Civil War, evidently. Of course, it doesn't have to really be placed, but they've put enough of the real Marvel U in there.

I don't know if it's me or the game, but it's a lot easier to not accidentally switch to the black suit now. The you switch between red and black with a flick of the nun-chuck, which used to have me switching back and forth in the air and such all the time whether I wanted to or not. Hasn't happened at all anymore, and I had to try a bit harder to actually put the black suit on for a second when I wanted to see what it looked like changing from a new costume I'd unlocked.

Still having a great time with the game, though there's not much story. My arm hurts loads from the swinging. For the first time I've hit a part where I don't really how to collect a certain thing for a mission, and apparently the internet doesn't really know how it works either. Luckily, it's an optional mission and I can move on.

I'm not sure how much of the game is left, other than replay stuff, but if it goes on enough more I'll probably buy it. It must be so different (easier?) in the black suit, headspace-wise, because you can just ignore a screaming city and not give a ##### about what the citizens think of you.

von Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1132 on: 11 November 2008, 22:49:37 »

Want something fun? Here you go.

Macher; the Absolute

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1133 on: 11 November 2008, 23:17:05 »

I love that game, SO not easy.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1134 on: 11 November 2008, 23:27:44 »

I got about half way.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1135 on: 12 November 2008, 00:19:22 »

Just beat it. Kinda' fun. Really easy, though.

von Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1136 on: 12 November 2008, 01:21:09 »

Yeah right. You suck at it.

It's either REALLY easy or REALLY hard. Either way, those tips come in handy. You just gotta think outside of the box.

Macher; the Absolute

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1137 on: 12 November 2008, 02:21:19 »

The only bits of trouble I had were in x7 and x2. Rest was pretty simple. Wish it was longer though, I like those types of games.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1138 on: 12 November 2008, 02:58:11 »

I got x2 by accident. I was like "This is stupid. I'll just replay the mouse level."

And voila.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1139 on: 12 November 2008, 03:03:42 »

Yeah, I had to ask ASR for that one. That was bogus.

I didn't do anything for the last one. I just stood there and SQUISH.

I didn't even know what happened.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1140 on: 12 November 2008, 03:08:26 »

I got stuck really early. >_>

I got to 41, the one with the safe on the woodblock...

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1141 on: 12 November 2008, 03:13:57 »

[spoiler]Get under the grey block, and keep jumping up and down while looking left. Shoot the wooden crate while moving left. It should crush you.

That's the way I did it. You can also just spam shots and then move the safe right so you can jump into the spikes.[/spoiler]

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1142 on: 12 November 2008, 03:50:10 »

Arg, I got to 31 the other day, now I'm caught on #7.

Posted on: November 11, 2008, 10:41:50 PM

I BEAT THE GAME ALL BY MAHSELF.

#7 was hard.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1143 on: 12 November 2008, 03:50:44 »

[spoiler]Hit K.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Nevermind.

But really? That was easy for me.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

von Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1144 on: 12 November 2008, 04:04:14 »

For those that already beat the first one, have ago at the second installment. More twisted and crazy.

Macher; the Absolute

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1145 on: 12 November 2008, 04:06:54 »

No downloading for kthx

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1146 on: 12 November 2008, 04:12:42 »

Was 7 the one with "K"?

That was hard?

Seriously?

THE KEY?

It was so obvious.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1147 on: 12 November 2008, 04:15:44 »

A key!
A, not a but A.

It took me a bit....

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1148 on: 12 November 2008, 05:31:40 »

I just spent too much time jumping around that one, that was the first one that wasn't easy as all to me, so I was probably a bit cocky and not thinking enough.

I'll try the second one tomorrow if I can.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1149 on: 12 November 2008, 15:39:22 »

#2 is notably harder....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string