MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 13:33:32
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : *Figdgets gleefully*
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: *Figdgets gleefully*  (Read 12098 times)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« on: 3 December 2016, 19:06:20 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oeaFA1l09E

HOLY #####ING ##### IT'S HAPPENNING!!!  MOTHER#####ING X IN MVC4

DJGIDJIDJPSIDJFDIJBDHFJ:DKFJDF*foam*

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 3 December 2016, 21:39:21 »

HOLY ##### YES.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 6 December 2016, 15:54:54 »

I wish I could get more excited for this, but you know that a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the roster will be DLC.  You'll get 15 or so fighters on launch on disc, then over the next 2 years another 15 DLC characters added.  That's how they do fighting games now.  ##### that and ##### Capcom.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2016, 06:41:17 »

I'm with Rez on this one. I was beyond pissed when I sprung for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 when it first came out (steelbook edition and all) for $80, only to have the "ultimate" edition come out 2 years later for $40 with all DLC included. ##### that noise; I'll buy the game when they're actually done releasing all of the ##### for it.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2016, 18:22:19 »

Actually, UMvC3 didn't have all the DLC on it.  It was still missing Jill and ShumaGorth as well as all the costume and color packs.  All Ultimate had was essentially the 10 new characters and balances.

It's really irritating that costumes and colors are locked to DLC now, but it's flatly unacceptable to have half the games roster as DLC.  And that's going to be the case on this, I can guarantee it.  That alone makes me lose most of my interest in it.  The same with Smash 4 and it's quarter of the roster as DLC only.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 19 December 2016, 23:25:46 »

Hell, UMvC3 came out not even a year after the original came out.

I skipped on SFV, might get this whenever it gets extremely cheap.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 3 January 2017, 18:47:18 »

I'll get it once all the DLC is done and they release the complete version on disc with EVERYTHING ON THE DISC.  If it's just the initial release disc plus a sheet with codes to download, I'll get the initial release for next to nothing and that will be it.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2017, 17:36:38 »

So, Sigma is in, but he's DLC because of course he is. Game doesn't even come out for another 5 months and we already have DLC announced.

Also X's alternate costume is his Command Mission look. Which again, is DLC.

https://youtu.be/xZ2Hsig12h8
« Last Edit: 25 April 2017, 17:45:35 by NovaMan XP » Logged
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2017, 19:06:29 »

I've ranted a few other places about the DLC, but that was to be expected.  No one thought we'd get a full game from Capcom.

Sigma is cool as ##### though.  X's CM look never really got me, but it's not bad I guess.  I'll buy this for sure when we get the full game on disc in 2 years, or buy the vanilla version used if they don't do a full release.  They won't ever be getting a cent from me for DLC for this game though, that's for sure.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 2 May 2017, 03:26:28 »

Yeah, I'm just going to wait for the inevitable re-release with all the "DLC" included. Already got screwed over back when MvC3 released, not doing it again.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 6 May 2017, 09:49:30 »

Was... that... Sigma and Ultron fused together?

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #11 on: 6 May 2017, 21:21:02 »

Yes.  Though it looks a lot more Ultron than Sigma to me.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #12 on: 14 June 2017, 01:31:01 »

GUYS!  GUYS!

HEY GUYS!

X & Zero

X AND #####ING ZERO

In a fighting game.  TOGETHER

X VS ZERO IS NOW A REALITY
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 14 June 2017, 15:03:38 »

It's a shame the game has an overall ##### roster with low fighter count and DLC out the ass for the FIGHTERS themselves.  I'll pick this up though once the entire game is out and fully on disc in like 3 years though.  Or I'll just pick up the base game for a deep discount if the "complete" version just has codes for the DLC.  At least that way I'll still have X and Zero as the team up masters, even if the game is incomplete and subpar.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 14 June 2017, 18:46:35 »

Can't get excited about fighting games anymore.

The first version is always some bare bones thing with half the cast being the same characters since 1992, and then I'm expected to pay even MORE money to put in characters that are likely already on the expensive disc/application. And after I do all that rigmarole a new "super turbo" version comes out and I can't see my favourite character (that I BOUGHT) in the new hat or whatever with my lowly original release.

What a shocking release lineup. You mean Chun-Li AND Ryu are launch characters? That's good since 80% of people will only use them anyway. Oh and Iron Man?! Wowee!
Oh no, don't worry, I'll just wait until I'm in my 60's to see a real return of any SF3 character(s), or anything new and different in MvC like Baby Head or Luke Cage. Yondu would be perfect. But nah, you g'head guys.

... It's cool that X and Nova are in there though.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 15 June 2017, 14:42:44 »

I'd be far more forgiving on the roster if it was all actually there.  The trend of fighting games to now hold off half or more of the roster as post launch DLC has utterly ruined the genre.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #16 on: 27 June 2017, 10:33:12 »

I'm not too keen on Capcom's practices, especially with DLC.  What with SFV being a bit of a train wreck and now it appears the MVCI is following suit.

At least the fighting looks tight. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 27 June 2017, 14:15:17 »

Gameplay is key, but when the game looks that bad and half+ the cast is DLC, it's hard to support something like that.  Actually, no it's not.  I won't support that.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 13 July 2017, 01:59:26 »

The most interesting part of MvC:I is going to be on Youtube, so I appluad Capcom for investing more into the story elements than the actual genre of their title, since I won't have to drop a dime due to the story elements will be plastered on streams and channels looking for that sweet ad revenue.

X series should have had something akin to Power Fighters / Battle, but I guess those two titles did not perform as well as Capcom hoped back in the day.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 13 July 2017, 14:02:22 »

Success is never good now, it has to be a multi-billion dollar explosion to count as "successful".  They'd rather not make a little money to make a LOT of money.  And thus, we don't get lots of stuff anymore.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 20 July 2017, 15:40:26 »

I agree. They don't even try new stuff anymore.

The gameplay doesn't change... I thought Street Fighter 3 was an excellent evolution of the series gameplay, it rebalanced things and added in an incredible counter system. Animations were tighter than ever and they really went for it with character design and storylines. Then they completely trashed it and made Street Fighter 4 just another SF2 game with "new graphix!" I don't know how people that are super serious about fighting games let them do this. It's been the same in sports games for a while now too, but even that might change sooner.

It's like the companies think we just throw our old game systems in the trash whenever we buy a new one. Guess what Capcom, I still play a SNES cart of Super Street Fighter II, and I mean regularly. You're not tricking me into paying $49.99 CDN for SF2, and "Way of the Hado" or whatever it is can suck my dick.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 22 July 2017, 02:44:47 »

Honestly with the "new" characters they announced it seems more that Infinite is just a watered down version of 3 but this time there's an actual Mega Man present.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #22 on: 23 July 2017, 07:13:21 »

Removing Phoenix Wright was an awful idea.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 24 July 2017, 23:08:06 »

Indeed. It always seems like they remove certain characters people like so can be used to try to sell the next game or be DLC, kinda like X in this #####.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 11 August 2017, 21:06:26 »

I have nothing of value to add to this conversation.  I never really cared for MvC, even if it did have the megamans.  Additionally, this reminds me of all the hype over that forgettable tactics games series, where the cameos were real nice and all, but it's absolutely clear that the characters of our fan-base are along for the ride. 

Part of me thinks that half the games Capcom does, Some exec stops and says "You know what'll help sell this game? Put those red and blue robots in it, They don't really have to do anything or have any storyline... as long as they're there, we'll sell units!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #25 on: 11 August 2017, 22:34:23 »

You're thinking Project x Zone, and they were both decent games.  2 was a lot better on the gameplay front, and 1 on the fan service front.  X and Zero felt a bit more important in 2 than 1, but it's worth a pick up in my opinion.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 12 August 2017, 03:07:26 »

I think I played the demo to PXZ1 way back when, and that's the actual extent of my play of it, so I mean I guess I wouldn't actually have a leg to stand on when it came to the story that Zero and X played in either of the games.

And I know that Megaman & company showing up in Marvel V Capcom has been a thing since long before the death of Rockman within Capcom itself, but it's hard to get excited about any cameo when that's all that any of the characters from that franchise get anymore.

I mean outside that upcoming masterpiece of a cartoon that is sure to rekindle the fire of the megaman fire within the hearts of the youth of 20XX.  Surely Megaman will be the new IP that'll kill the fidget spinner.

I might find a way to get Project X zone later on... The ease of access of the title is below optimal for me at the moment, with no DS in my possession.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 15 August 2017, 14:31:17 »

The DS is a gem of a handheld.  I should ban you for not having 3.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 20 August 2017, 17:55:03 »

Eh, The DS curse persists.  I had a 3DS up until around the point that the Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire came out.  At that point some strange child that lives in my house found & bricked it.    It's been many years since I've bothered purchasing another, as the price of that handheld could be better used elsewhere. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #29 on: 21 August 2017, 14:22:19 »

Unless you're curing cancer, that is objectively false.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 4 October 2017, 23:52:48 »

Sigma's alternate costume is his X5 design.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #31 on: 5 October 2017, 17:38:29 »

Eh, that was one of his less awful alts.  X1 was the only good one though.  At least they didn't go with his X6 form and change all his dialog to "JUSSSSS DIEEEEEEE".

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 5 October 2017, 19:23:29 »

I personally would've liked his X4 design as his alt but I guess having him use his sword instead of the scythe would look weird.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #33 on: 5 October 2017, 20:56:30 »

His X4 body was pretty ##### though.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 8 October 2017, 03:21:28 »

The official art of X4 Sigma looks pretty neat compared to his sprite art, though I might just be biased because I love X4.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #35 on: 9 October 2017, 15:29:22 »

I love X4 to death, and Sigma's normal body is #####.  But then as I said, his X1 body (or close variations of that X1 body) are the only real Sigma designs I like.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #36 on: 4 December 2017, 21:51:53 »

I finally got this on the Black Friday sale, 60gig for a 1 on 1 fighter!

In my day we didn't even know what a gigabyte was.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #37 on: 4 December 2017, 22:17:53 »

The game is a hot mess.  I MIGHT pick it up once they get all the #####ing DLC out and release a complete version on disc.  If they don't, I might just skip it.  The #####ing thing has like a 50 gig install before you can even play it.  ##### that #####.  For any game, really.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #38 on: 15 February 2018, 21:21:42 »

I come from the future to tell you it #####ing sucks as bad as X6

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 15 February 2018, 21:29:51 »

My friend and I share steam libraries, he picked it up as a huge fan of the MVC series.

I played it, I had an okay time with it, but nothing wowed me. Playing as X feels like turd, and Zero is slightly better. The X characters in the game in general don't match my playstyle very well so I barely ever pick them.

At least Sigma has his wall to wall dashes from X1, those feel great.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #40 on: 16 February 2018, 00:52:21 »

I come from the future to tell you it #####ing sucks as bad as X6

The game was known to be ##### 2 months ago.  It looked like it would be ##### after they revealed it.  If I'm not mistaken it was announced support for it was ending in November.  X6 is a masterpiece compared to MvCI.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 16 February 2018, 14:47:04 »

Re-reading this thread... I still feel the same as I did a year ago: Completely wowed at how excited this made Xero.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #42 on: 16 February 2018, 18:49:27 »

Poof fellow... the disappointment literally killed him.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #43 on: 11 April 2018, 02:13:33 »

gameplay wise, the game is great, but the problem is how Disney/Marvel screwed everything else up.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #44 on: 11 April 2018, 14:37:36 »

Get your glorious golden ass in here more often boy.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 11 April 2018, 23:11:57 »

I feel like if the Marvel side is causing issues Capcom should try a new versus game like they did with Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom.

...maybe Nintendo Vs. Capcom. Or not.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #46 on: 12 April 2018, 01:11:49 »

Or just have a Capcom fighting game on its own. 
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 12 April 2018, 01:22:40 »

That too. It'd probably have a better roster, at least.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #48 on: 12 April 2018, 01:30:11 »

Get your glorious golden ass in here more often boy.

I'll be here more often now that Mega Man has been picking up steam again. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #49 on: 12 April 2018, 18:36:46 »

The TRUE Mega Man fan/Matrixian visit when it's NOT busy.

Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : *Figdgets gleefully*
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string