MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 08:41:31
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : A Most Humbled Hello....
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: A Most Humbled Hello....  (Read 7313 times)
StatiicX
Noob

« on: 7 March 2016, 20:43:43 »

Hello guys once again....its great to see that alot of you guys are still in great health. some of you guys may or may not remember me but I used to troll this site many many years ago(2002 to be exact). I was a 15yr old dumb high school kid who just loved megaman but liked bugging people just for the heck of it also...I went by the name Jinn back then and this was my favorite emoji 8) 8) 8). Abe, TheRedPriest, Edgecrusher, Xero, Morgan Guyer, Orclev, TronFantasy, SpeedRacer, Voulnet, HyperEpsilon, MH_Alia and many others that may rerember me I wanted to humbly apologize for my actions back then. Especially to you Speedy, wheather you remember or not, we kind of went to war all those years ago going back and forth with each other. You ultimately drilled the nail in my coffin when you single handedly destroyed my message board I had made for Protoman fans....I was childish back then and it shouldve never went that far. I grew extremely nostalgic 10 minutes ago and just wanted to see if this website still existed and what do you know?? So its good to see everyone still in good standing.

Anyway I'm a 29 yr old hard working factory worker(Tysons chicken) with a four-yr old boy of my own and another on the way this year...I ask to be allowed back into the megaman fold. I promise ill be good this time...lol
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2016, 05:40:05 »

I destroyed your message board? How, exactly? It's been like 14 years, so my memory is a tad foggy.

Anywho, welcome aboard (again).

Edit: I didn't completely read your post. Oh #####, Jinn? Damn dude. Welcome back, although I still don't remember destroying it.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
StatiicX
Noob

« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2016, 22:24:16 »

@speedy: lol dont worry about it, its a rather loooong story anyway....but its good to see you guys are still around. I'll try to make myself semi-active around here but im glad to see everyone is still around....I rerember when everyone was just a robot master, now everyone has upgraded to marines. very nice.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2016, 21:03:45 »

We're still around.  Just not very often!

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
StatiicX
Noob

« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2016, 23:42:40 »

lol so i see...if we had more megaman in our lives you would think that the traffic would reflect that
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2016, 19:33:27 »

Maybe, but it would take a lot more than 1 ultra #####ty mobile free to play game every 6 years to do it.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2016, 05:31:09 »

I blame everyone going to college and Facebook's accessability...

Not that THAT is all that active either.

People grew up, got lives, and only return for the nostalgia of it... I'm afraid.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2016, 22:34:21 »

I'd be active if there were a good Mega Man fandom active still.

SoftMilk
Noob

« Reply #8 on: 29 March 2016, 10:33:59 »

I'd be active if there were a good Mega Man fandom active still.

this really #####s me up because i was so young and the internet was still a baby so the concept of "fandoms" didnt even have a common name yet, but looking back its crazy how into the fandom i was.

I really miss those glory days.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 29 March 2016, 22:01:04 »

The best years are behind us.

SoftMilk
Noob

« Reply #10 on: 29 March 2016, 22:53:16 »

If you have that attitude, yeah.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 30 March 2016, 04:50:48 »

I think the old matrix COULD make a comeback, but it will be an uphill battle.

In the past couple of years, remembering the unique atmosphere and attention I've come to really miss here at the MMM, I've found and haunted a forum surrounding another one of my favorite games. 

This other fandom's latest (and hopefully last) release of the series came out around the time MM10 came out... so I mean the game development being dead has nothing to do with it.

With this other forum, It was dead for a long time until a small couple of folks apparently jumped in and started having discussions and doing roleplay in the roleplay subforums.  The activity in the forum lead to more activity through invites to friends and randoms coming by and seeing that it was a living breathing forum.

They have yearly "Post bombs" to celebrate the anniversary of it or something.   Problem is that I don't really feel at home there.  They're all good kids, but that's the thing... they're all kids.  The group ranges from 14 to 24 and though I'm only like 4-5 years ahead of them, their attitudes are similar to Undertale's for me.  Good but naive, and I'm just a little too worn and bitter to give a #####.

For the MMM to make a revival.  People would have to come back, and we'd have to post.  The forum may have to be reorganized to cater more to the off topic subforums (creative station, non megaman games, any other buisness) than the bulk that is the tired megaman related. 

And we'd need to thrive, those interested in a full on revival would need to visit daily and keep conversations going.  We'd need for any random person googling "Megaman Forum" to see that we're still kicking and that they should join in the fun.

Honestly though, that's  hard, and it's got a high chance of failure... The less people involved the harder it would be for the group to be active.  It wouldn't take much for a person to say "it's pointless" and drop the whole thing... and as soon as one did, it would only be more reason for others to.

That said, I do miss the good old days of rushing back from school to #####post.  I really loved hanging out with you guys, and I miss it a lot, and I guess that's why I'm still around haunting the place.
Delta
Metall

« Reply #12 on: 1 April 2016, 17:10:59 »

Where's my apology!?

I'm joking.  I don't care.  In fact, it was probably me that destroyed your message board, not Speed, given that I destroyed those at least once a week back then.  God I was terrible.  I miss terrible me.  Now I'm so ... gentle.

Delta
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 1 April 2016, 21:12:56 »

You can't really have a Mega Man forum that's mostly not Mega Man related stuff.  I think the fans are all still there, but there's just not much to talk about, sadly.

The only thing that comes out anymore are fan games, and those vary in quality from awful to ok.

Age has made you weak, Delta... where as I have only become MORE bitter and thus more powerful!

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 10 April 2016, 03:15:16 »

We all grew up, got jobs, some of us got married and had kids. It's amazing how much free time I had on my hands to do stuff like mod MChat.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Delta
Metall

« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2016, 00:02:50 »

Tell me about it...  I've owned MegaMan 9 and 10 now for a while, and still haven't had time to finish them.  It's sacrilegious!

Delta
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #16 on: 11 April 2016, 14:53:26 »

... I sat down and beat MM9 in a few hours the day it came out.  Same with 10.  Just give everyone an A+ and spend the time playing Mega Man.  Everyone wins.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 13 April 2016, 01:49:32 »

Aren't you the "I be col like potoman guy?"

I forget who was who nowadays.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #18 on: 13 April 2016, 22:19:02 »

Jin.  You're thinking of Jin.

StatiicX
Noob

« Reply #19 on: 14 April 2016, 17:43:17 »

Aren't you the "I be col like potoman guy?"

I forget who was who nowadays.

@xero yup that was me about 13yrs ago, lol
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #20 on: 17 May 2016, 17:06:47 »

I'm not allowed gin...! :D

Anyway, hi there.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 17 May 2016, 19:13:38 »

Not even gin tonic?

White Shadow
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #22 on: 18 May 2016, 14:27:31 »

Maybe Captain Morgan Guyver....

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2016, 03:53:07 »

Maybe Wrrrtwhisky

Man I sure am glad I'm Wrrrtw on here like all the other places or this really poor joke would make no sense...
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2016, 15:19:16 »

TO THE MAULING TENT YOU GO!

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : A Most Humbled Hello....
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string