MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 09:35:27
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : NEW Mega Man cartoon coming in 2017
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: NEW Mega Man cartoon coming in 2017  (Read 6060 times)
SB
Sniper Joe

« on: 3 June 2015, 03:02:03 »

http://nintendoeverything.com/mega-man-getting-animated-series-on-tv/

No clue which series it will be based on, but they have 26 episodes lined up and expect to release them in 2017. Tradition dictates that when Capcom is spending money for Megaman cartoons / animes, they are used to promote  the series, so this COULD also be indication that our favorite tin can might be clawing his way out of the recycle bin and back into relevancy once again.

Given Sonic Boom was crapped out in far less time, we might be able to rule out souless CG, so possibly flash? It is being handled by Man of Action, who is known for Ben 10 and Generator REX, so get those mixed feelings revved up. Also gonna guess that due to the prior shows that company has worked on, this might hit Cartoon Network, which could do the series some good for actual exposure for once.

Oh, and Viz just agreed to host the 26 episodes they dubbed of Star Force to Hulu, if you need a reminder of how bad things really were when the franchise went kaputz last time.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1 on: 4 June 2015, 20:39:37 »

Until it's proved it's not #####, I will assume it will be.  That is what Capcom has earned from me on expectations.  I have no hype for this at all.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2018, 01:27:48 »

*Revies topic because he can*

I'll be honest.  Mega Man Fully Charged is alot better than it has any right to be.  Thing with Captain N The Game Master & The Ruby Spears Cartoon, is that they created a cartoon without really paying attention to the source material.

With Mega Man Fully Charged, the creations are FULLY AWARE of the source material, but are doing their own thing while throwing in references to the games.  And it works surprisingly.  It's nothing amazing or anything, but it's not complete and utter garbage either.

Ruby Spears is still better though.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2018, 07:54:38 »

I watched the free episodes on the app back when it premiered and it was okay. Some jokes were a little cringey, but some were actually pretty funny.

Apparently in one of the recent episodes they had a guy called Man Man who was dressed up like Bad Box Art Mega Man.

At some point I'll watch more of the show, probably.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2018, 08:52:21 »

no one tries to blast president Lincoln in this show but they do have some villains that have the chance to turn good, and this evil black and yellow robot with an arm cannon working for the main villain, HMMM i wonder who HE could be   BASS

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 29 November 2018, 14:29:12 »

With Mega Man Fully Charged, the creations are FULLY AWARE of the source material, but are doing their own thing while throwing in references to the games.

Which makes this WORSE than if they just got the rights to it with no idea what it was, looked at a few pieces of art and made something #####ty.  They KNOW what it's suppose to be and still ##### it up.  It's awful, plain and simple.  If you don't want to do Mega Man, don't do Mega Man.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2018, 14:17:19 »

I ignored it until now, just watched the first four episodes.

Honestly, I tried to have an open mind after the comments but the first one did NOT do it for me. I think I'd feel the same even if it wasn't "Mega Man". It's just kinda generic to me, whereas I think they could have taken their vision of the schoolboy-robot to more unique and interesting places. To some extent, I think an adaptation of the ZX series concepts would fair better at the "kid going to school but is also Mega Man" balance.

But it did eventually start to show promise, it's overall better than I expected.

However... Mega-Mini feels totally unnecessary. As dies "Bert Wily". Also I wish they actually used sprites in a style that's at least vaguely similar to the original games, but for whatever reason they went with something a little more akin to "budget 2018 indie game" instead.

I wonder if I know anyone who worked on it, the DHX Studios are up here so I know some people that have gone to work there before. I believe the parent company DHX Media has had some financial trouble recently, so we'll see if it impacts MMFC ("MMFC" sounds like a rad soccer team).

I do agree with Rez though, them knowing better kinda makes things worse. It's just... weird. It's a weird adaptation in every way.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #7 on: 5 December 2018, 12:27:53 »

The only thing I don't like that much is Mega Mini.  He doesn't need to be there, but everything is all right. 
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #8 on: 5 December 2018, 16:14:18 »

they could kill him off and repair megaman so that he does not need him

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 5 December 2018, 16:19:06 »

They Don't need to kill him.  Just re purpose him. 
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 6 December 2018, 18:55:49 »

They're not killing anyone in a show like this, lmao

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #11 on: 6 December 2018, 20:27:00 »

Except the interest of people who actually want a good adaptation.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 7 December 2018, 13:36:15 »

TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 7 December 2018, 15:18:34 »

i have ideas for a megaman cartoon, does anyone wanna hear them?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 7 December 2018, 15:41:26 »

G'head.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 7 December 2018, 17:09:47 »

Sure why not. 
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #16 on: 7 December 2018, 17:58:21 »

list of megaman cartoon ideas:

rock is a robot that lives with his creator dr light, until his old colleague dr willy uses robots to try and takeover the world and rock becomes megaman to stop him, standard stuff happens but with ice man he learns that the robots all work with dr willy because he can fix flaws that they had with ice mans being that he create a giant blizzard freezing everyone around him and cannot control it, he turns himself in after trying to kill dr willy because willy gave him the flaw on purpose as a plan to use him later to take over the world, after this willy installs chips into the robot masters to control them fully and not allow them to rebel

later on he sends break man out to kill megaman but after his chip is destroyed he reveals himself as blues, dr light's first robot! and then works with megaman ans calls himself protoman

that was some plot ideas but i have come up with other things that are references to the games that i won't explain because i think you get all of them like how megaman will usually shoot in three shot bursts or his different weapons are called style changes or how his favourite game is called Gemini man battle network

at the end he will use all his styles at once to create... X style! (obvious reference is obvious) when he has to take down Bass who is using a virus from a meteor to take over the world

what do you think?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 7 December 2018, 19:37:13 »

I think I wasted 30 seconds of my life reading a wall of text.

I get what you're saying, but it's best to keep it close to the game source material.  Maybe even adapt the Megamix/Gigamix arcs.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 7 December 2018, 21:33:23 »

I think the difficulty with translating Mega Man to story form of any kind is that the story in game is simply a test of Mega Man (actually the player) by his ability to defeat multiple other robots, one by one. Simply copying the source material part for part doesn't make an interesting story. So... without commenting on the actual show that I haven't bothered watching, it does seem that you'll inevitably get complaints as to how any kind of adaptation compares to the source because it seems you always have to change something.

Mega needs to be challenged as a character in a way that is more than just "can he finish the level and beat this boss" over and over again. It seems like you'd have to borrow heavily from some of the better examples of superhero fiction.

It's far more likely to me that many of Wily's bots would band together and form a "sinister six" type of situation if Mega Man is obviously too strong for any one of them. Also an example of an overarching plot could be between Mega Man and Wily, where Mega Man is always in pursuit and Wily is always a step ahead. That wouldn't be irreconcilable with the games, I think, because the spirit is there. Wily always gets captured and breaks out, but different variations upon Wily always getting away isn't much different. He's still inevitably coming back, just without the repetition as to the means.

You could also borrow from Avatar: The Last Airbender where Mega Man gains new abilities but he also has to master them and some of the RMs become his teachers.

That being said I actually thought yours was a pretty good premise, LCrazy. Not sure I'm on board with the last bit about X style and Bass taking over the world, otherwise I don't find anything really wrong with your other ideas.
Wily building flaws into the RMs makes sense to me if he's able to manipulate them into coming to him before he's able to complete his design for the control chips, but it's all make-believe so you could probably come up with multiple different explanations that would work well enough. As long as Wily comes off clever and conniving and it sets the right tone.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 11 December 2018, 14:35:24 »

I think I wasted 30 seconds of my life reading a wall of text.

I get what you're saying, but it's best to keep it close to the game source material.  Maybe even adapt the Megamix/Gigamix arcs.

Give the kid a break, he's trying when a lot of people aren't. At the very least it's closer to the source material than the current show XD

And as Majikn said, it's not like directly copying the games' plot, which is so thin it's nearly transparent, is a simple task. Unless you want a bland show with no character development, but I don't.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #20 on: 11 December 2018, 16:39:00 »

what is megamix/gigamix?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 11 December 2018, 17:53:03 »

They are Manga's in japan which give a different take of the games. 

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #22 on: 11 December 2018, 18:05:59 »

never heard of them before, might try to check them out

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #23 on: 11 December 2018, 18:43:15 »

Mega Mix and it's sequel Giga Mix are some of the best Mega Man manga ever made.  While I'm actually not fond of Ariga's Light and Roll designs, I love the rest of his stuff.  It's a great expansion and take on the game world.  Probably the single best one.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #24 on: 30 December 2018, 00:21:47 »

okay so remember the black and yellow robot with all the same powers as megaman, that works for the main villain? https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Namagem he's protoman that looks like bass and is called namagen, they #####ed it up

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 30 December 2018, 05:17:23 »

Nothing the show does is worth caring about, they have Wily as Mega Man’s childhood friend. Who knows, maybe Mega Man will turn him around and as a good guy he’ll be “Proto Man”. I expected him to look more like Bass than that, maybe once this one is tamed Namagem 2.0 will actually be Bass.

Cute idea of him being named “Megaman” backwards though.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #26 on: 30 December 2018, 17:34:19 »

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #27 on: 30 December 2018, 20:15:02 »

no it won't

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 22 March 2019, 00:37:14 »

I watched a few of the episodes with my oldest son (who is 4 1/2) a couple of weeks ago via the CN app on Roku. It has most of the episodes released thus far, but not all. Anyway, I thought it was a weird retelling but not the worst thing I've seen. I mean, you'll ##### bricks over it if you know anything about Mega Man; but if you're my son, who thus far has only watched me play Mega Man 2 and the Mega Man 11 demo, it's right up your alley. It's meant for little kids, not us...and he loves it. He asks when we're going to watch it again, because he likes it, but he also knows that his dad likes Mega Man. So...yeah, I'll keep watching with him.

Also, it looks like the show isn't dead as we thought; there's a toy series coming out.
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/12/mega-man-fully-charged-toyline-revealed.html

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 22 March 2019, 16:22:17 »

You're totally right. But for me, I just think that for some reason somewhere in the early 2000's people decided that for kids to understand a hero they had to go to school. It's not unique to this show but it's something I have a problem with. It can be cool for the right show (Ben 10, Star and the forces of evil, Kim Possible), but I don't think we need to constantly adapt Megaman that way.

In a similar vein, I don't really want to watch "The adventures of Green Lantern... IN SEVENTH GRAAADE!"

Children never had a problem relating to cartoon heroes in the past. In fact, the entire popularity of He-Man was due to him having control (re: the POWER) over his own life--which is what children crave.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #30 on: 29 May 2019, 00:39:30 »

I just want to add that I really like the take on Dr.Light.  He's not afraid to kick your ##### in, yet has the same personality from the games.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #31 on: 29 May 2019, 15:34:00 »

Are we still pretending this show isn't #####?  Because no one told me we were doing that.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #32 on: 29 May 2019, 15:42:38 »

It's nothing compared to Ruby-Spears, but it's not as cringe inducing as I initially thought it would be.

I watched it with an open mind, and it's actually decent.  The robot master designs for some of the characters are hot garbage (Air Man), and Mega Mini we could do without, but other than that it's all right. 

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #33 on: 29 May 2019, 15:47:24 »

Fully Charged makes Ruby Spears look like gold.  Fully Charged is just changing ##### and making it awful for the sake of being awful and different.  Ruby Spears at least looked like they saw the source material before they changed it.

<edit - swapped the shows, oops>

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #34 on: 29 May 2019, 16:43:39 »

is it bad that i kind of enjoy it now and am looking forward to season 2

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #35 on: 29 May 2019, 16:45:54 »

Well...

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 29 May 2019, 18:46:16 »

is it bad that i kind of enjoy it now and am looking forward to season 2

Any port in a storm I guess, but let's not pretend the show is good. Just go watch NT Warrior.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #37 on: 29 May 2019, 20:38:25 »

Just go watch NT Warrior.

... I'm afraid I have some bad news for you...

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #38 on: 29 May 2019, 22:29:59 »

i know the show isn't good, but sometimes i like a simple show that i can predict, and you always need to keep in mind, it's megaman for a new audience, people who have probably never seen or even heard of megaman before, and i think it does a good job of getting people to want to research megaman and find out more about it

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #39 on: 30 May 2019, 03:20:03 »

Then that's the WORST thing to do.  If they've never seen Mega Man before then make it match the games.  They won't know the difference and people who actually like Mega Man get accurate material.  And if they have never seen Mega Man and for whatever reason like that drek and go looking for games, guess what?  IT WON'T MATCH THE CARTOON and they'll be pissy that the games are "wrong".  ##### that and ##### them and ##### the people who made Mega Man Fully Charged.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #40 on: 30 May 2019, 10:59:32 »

okay i didn't think of that, but at least it's existence shows that capcom may be wanting to get megaman in people attention again, i'm going to remain optimistic and hope that megaman get's more popular because of the show

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #41 on: 30 May 2019, 16:10:42 »

See my above statement.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 2 June 2019, 20:40:41 »

I don't think any of us are "pretending" it's good, we've just accepted the fact that we aren't the target audience and treat it as "whatever". I'm indifferent about it, but I know my kid likes it and he associates Mega Man with his dad, so it makes him like it more. I'm not going to stop that, it just means that I keep introducing him to the original stuff and explaining the differences.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #43 on: 2 June 2019, 22:33:26 »

now that you mention target audiences, i do usually find myself liking things that children younger than me like, i'm 14 and i find a lot of modern cartoons fun, but don't worry i am smart enough to know that things like teen titans go should go jump in a fiery spike pit of death, and i like something more if it is associated with something i like, for example i would probably not like this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrKfQ9Ss7w nearly as much as i do is it wasn't related to transformers, so all that combined i like this show and want to see where it takes the story

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 3 June 2019, 16:44:59 »

That movie was great and had great music.

Just go watch NT Warrior.

... I'm afraid I have some bad news for you...

:D my point was that even NT Warrior is still better than this newer show

I don't think any of us are "pretending" it's good,

See:
it's actually decent.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #45 on: 3 June 2019, 17:54:04 »

I-I wasn't pretending.  I actually think the show is all right.  Not great or anything, just all right.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 4 June 2019, 13:56:00 »

Well. I think you're all getting too caught up on the word "pretend" instead of the concept behind the sentences, but yeah. To each their own.

The official Mega Man twitter said "fun fact: Mega Man is called the blue bomber because he's blue" the other day, so I don't think there's a single person professionally attached to the franchise that cares what kind of content I'd like to see anyway :D .

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #47 on: 4 June 2019, 14:56:42 »

You mean ACTUAL Mega Man content that resembles Mega Man and not the ##### they're obsessed with #####ting out?  I would agree with you.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 16 June 2019, 17:07:50 »

Well. I think you're all getting too caught up on the word "pretend" instead of the concept behind the sentences, but yeah. To each their own.

The official Mega Man twitter said "fun fact: Mega Man is called the blue bomber because he's blue" the other day, so I don't think there's a single person professionally attached to the franchise that cares what kind of content I'd like to see anyway :D .

That might have been a reference to that Mega Man ad from the early 2000s where the kid on the playground said the same exact thing.

Posted on: June 16, 2019, 05:06:19 PM

Yup, who could forget this great ad? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9wHxkfmBjM

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #49 on: 17 June 2019, 05:02:02 »

Who are you again?

Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : NEW Mega Man cartoon coming in 2017
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string