MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 08:35:08
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : A question that has probably already been asked
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: A question that has probably already been asked  (Read 4397 times)
Dragster
Metall

« on: 25 March 2015, 07:18:08 »

I'm still going to ask it because I couldn't find anything with the search function.
I know it's technically not a Megaman game, but why isn't there a Mighty No. 9 section? I'm sure when it comes out it will spark some interest in Megaman, and I'd love to see this board get more activity. I'm sure there's a reason that I'm not seeing though, I just thought I'd ask.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2015, 17:21:39 »

The same reason I'm sure there isn't an Azure Striker Gunvolt section. It's not Megaman.

I don't know why people are still clinging to Inafune's teats and treating all his works as Megaman, but this one clearly is not one of Capcom's Megaman titles. Outside of him trying to clearly "borrow" as much as he can without letting Capcom sue Comcept out of conception, it doesn't have anything really in common. It's like Legends without the Megaman name to get some free sales flowing, which knowing Inafune, sounds about right.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Dragster
Metall

« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2015, 22:21:33 »

I was mostly asking because a lot of people who are/were fans of Megaman are showing an interest in that game.

Also, I remember how my interest for Megaman was kindled. I bought Megaman X5 for Playstation when I was young, not even recognizing the name "Megaman".
After having played the crap out of it I wanted to learn more about it. I did some research and found an amazing community and a ton of awesome games reaching far beyond the X series.
I expect atleast SOME people are going to have a similar experience with Mighty No.9 even though Megaman isn't as obscure anymore.

I know it's kind of futile, but I'd love to see this board spring back to life again. Although even I realize that it's going to take a lot more than a new forum section to do it.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2015, 00:18:34 »

People had an interest in it early on, when it was first announced and they were eager for Inafune to showcase what he really could do with full control. Fast forward to present, and only the most die hard or buyer remorse seem to really care by this point, since MN9 turned out as far different from a MM game as you can get. It's got that kind of lifeless look to it that really hammers home how little they truly care, but hey, they got DLC ZeroBass.EXE in it! Kids rike da  Zello, right?

There's a big difference from looking at X5 and realizing "Oh hey, they got an X1-4 as well as a GB game for this, and all these even older games too!", and "Oh, Mighty Number 9 is made by this guy that never made a good game on his own before, and still gets credited for being the creator of Megaman despite just being an art guy for nearly 12 years into the series.

Don't worry, we had a break period in the past with Megaman for a few years. Capcom done the same with many of their fighting games due to oversaturating their own market. Fast forward and both SF and Megaman seen record sales as a result of this tactic. You want to see this place live again? Then offer to rub Abe's belly and give him some milk, or subscribe to his Patreon. All those VC rereleases were prime chances to cater to a new generation, but the Classics are long done on being uploaded now. MMM as a site thrived with it's great pointers on the Classics, with things like inching along the edges due to enemies springing out of holes.

Forum? It's as lively as it'll get, since modern gamers are all about their friends lists and Facebook statuses, and dislike forums. Unless it's official forums, then they only care to pretend their opinion is important to the respective game / company. See any MMO forum in existence.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Dragster
Metall

« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2015, 09:56:56 »

I see your point. I've deliberately tried to avoid information about MN9 because I do want it to be good, and I don't want it spoiled by all the drama surrounding it.

As for Abe, I didn't know he had a patreon! I'll gladly subscribe to it as soon as I'm done writing this post. Heck, I owe him that much for maintaining this forum for as long as he has.

EDIT: Can't find the Patreon campaign you speak of.
« Last Edit: 28 March 2015, 10:03:17 by Dragster » Logged
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2015, 06:04:07 »

It was a joke, though I'm sure we could start him up one and have it where people just give him money every time they get the urge to give any to Capcom. We could call it, "Abomintor's penny for your thoughts" campaign, then marvel as he makes more than Capcom of Europe in a day.

$20 a month and you can see him "Meh" every so often on the forum!

Dragster
Metall

« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2015, 22:45:58 »

I'm all for that idea. In all honesty though, this site has been a HUGE part of my life. I met some of my closest friends here! If Abe was taking donations to get the site back on it's feet, I'd be first in line to throw cash in his face.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #7 on: 29 April 2015, 14:46:11 »

I have mixed feelings about MN9.  I think it's still has an extreme Mega Man vibe to it.  But it does feel kind of soulless.  It's hard to describe.  The 3D just doesn't speak to me as well.  I've never been a fan of 3D2D/2.5D stuff.

I've also stayed away from as much of MN9 as possible, so I haven't seen much of what they've put out.  I'll make my final decision after I play it.

I AM both elated and enraged they're doing an actual physical release (F that Steam "physical" release and USB stick garbage).  I already paid for a digital copy when I backed it, so now I have to buy it TWICE to have the physical copy.  Plus, how many of us WANTED it physical to begin with and didn't want to see it digital only at all?  Now how many of them can't justify buying the game twice, no matter how much they prefer retail?  That's going to cut into the retail physical release and dull the apparent support for that which may lead to an only digital squeal (if we get that far).  So do you buy it twice to support physical release?  That's a big double dip, and to some degree I'm sure they're counting on that.  It doesn't sit well with me, but we have no F-ing choice.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 3 June 2015, 23:30:08 »

I always liked the way 2D MN9 was presented originally, THAT looked like fun and I'm not saying that because I'm from a 2D gaming generation, but because it just looked faster and more fun on every conceivable level much like Shovel Knight actually is.

The second I saw the 2.5D look, everything seemed slowed down, stickier, and just... All the issues you had trying to platform with Axl in 2.5D, frankly. And since then basically it's just been disappointing moves after another for me.

I'mma still play it but that's my take on what Rez first mentioned.

Anyway Mighty No. 9 alone isn't going to bring any message board back to being tops, unless it's a Mighty No. 9 message board. If it ends up being a really good series, then maybe it will generate a lot of people coming in.

I think social media just really took a bite out of the message board era, tips and theories are discussed by beardoes on youtube now and that's fine, but I still think what Dragster is thinking about IS possible. Clearly boards are still huge for current games and gamers, there's a ##### ton for things like Bloodborne for example, or even the latest Animal Crossing, so it's not like the concept died or something. 

And personally, I came here because a much younger me was neck deep in the Battle Network and mid-X series games, and I thought "I'm really into this, I don't know anyone in my life who's into this, and I want to go back and revisit the old stuff from when I was younger." So a series bringing someone back to MM, or bringing a whole new set of MM fans in, sounds plausible to me, as long as we really are in the eye of a MM break and the series isn't just kaput. But it's likely just kaput.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 4 June 2015, 20:37:54 »

These places are just far more fun than Facebook or social media.  The Red Priest is a far more interesting and tolerant person than me.  It's a bit of role play on top of everything else.  It is indeed a shame most of them are dead.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 3 July 2015, 21:31:58 »

You can also just afford to take your time when writing, instead of zipping 140 characters across space and into someone's butt pocket or cleave (if they are in da club).

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #11 on: 6 July 2015, 21:21:40 »

I wouldn't matter where I am, there would be no zipping anything into my cleave.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 3 August 2015, 05:56:28 »

But not your butt pocket, eh?  ;)

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 3 August 2015, 15:59:03 »

Only peasants have butts.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : A question that has probably already been asked
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string