MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 00:32:10
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Matrix Archive?
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Matrix Archive?  (Read 8057 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« on: 12 January 2015, 15:16:56 »

Hey Abe, I know the site proper has been down for years, but seeing as how it's pretty unlikely we'll ever get another proper game, it kinda feels like it would be a good time to put everything back up and have it all as a nice "museum" for the series.  At least you wouldn't have to worry about updates once it's all back up!

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2015, 22:32:45 »

Seconded. Such content would likely help build traffic as well, Hopefully making hosting fees a bit more palatable.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2015, 12:26:48 »

I'll have a dig around and see what I've got, most of it is on an unplugged PC but i might as well put it there as a reminder of when the internet was good!

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2015, 17:22:51 »

One might argue the internet was never good...  But sweet classic Matrix was certainly a reminder of when Mega Man didn't suck.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 2 February 2015, 02:17:06 »

Oooh! It would be great to see the site again! It's been so long now, I can barely remember the content but I do remember reading a bunch of the pages a couple times.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2015, 10:08:06 »

Ah yes.  How I would love to reminisce about the day sof old, including the war between SDJ, Team Terror & Nall. The Deltanizations, etc.  Good times.   
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 26 February 2015, 06:16:09 »

I could be wrong, but I think the referred content was that of the game guides, movies, maps...  The like.

I think I remember having an art/fanart section too... 

Or maybe that was rez's site...
Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2015, 23:09:09 »

There used to be a website? /s
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 4 March 2015, 20:24:18 »

I could be wrong, but I think the referred content was that of the game guides, movies, maps...  The like.

I think I remember having an art/fanart section too... 

Or maybe that was rez's site...

Correct.  The guides and what not.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2015, 04:18:27 »

Because the main site is long gone, I had to turn to Mandy Paugh's place for Classic information recently.

I feel as dirty as that statement sounds.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 29 April 2015, 14:36:57 »

You poor, poor girl...

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ABE!?  WHAT.  HAVE.  YOU.  DONE?

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2015, 23:00:37 »

Nooooo!

I'm sorry everyone :(

I wish I could retire and just make MMM all day...

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 3 June 2015, 23:08:03 »

A little late but... The MMM guides alone would still get a lot of use today. I know there's a ton of guides for MM games out there but these were always OBJECTIVELY my favourite.

There was so much more attention put into them and the maps were gorgeous. A lot of sites just use .txt files and/or bad MS Paint but these would rival an Nintendo Power type zine in their overall look and use.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 4 June 2015, 20:34:01 »

I know right?  I even wrote some for it.  I think.  It's been a LOOOONG time since that stuff was up.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #14 on: 8 June 2015, 21:22:53 »

I just feel like these days people just want Youtube videos of everything...

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 9 June 2015, 14:28:10 »

And people want mobile "games" that make you pay to do every single thing that makes them playable.  People have ##### taste now.  In general.  It's really just gone back to how it was before gaming exploded.  People who like real games, still like them, but now there is this "fake gaming" culture of the mobile, microtransaction, dlc, digital only ##### that has become "gaming".  Hobbyists and people who like solidly designed games are back in the minority again, it's just that now we have this cancer that directly affects our hobby.

That doesn't mean the good stuff shouldn't be there for the people who enjoy and know how to appreciate it though.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #16 on: 9 June 2015, 20:08:48 »

Seeing as Capcom USA JUST announced they're porting a new NES Classic set of the original 6 MM games with a slew of features to all the current major consoles AND PC, you MAY just want to consider slapping up those old guides once more.

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2015/06/mega-man-legacy-collection-announced.html

Your guides were the best, and I still remember bits of the help you gave when I replay classic games, like the enemies that love to jump out of pits. I say go for it, Abe, and reclaim some of that well deserved glory and respect you once had from the community abroad, since if you don't do it, who honestly will? GameFAQ guides? MMHP? Megaman Network or RPM?

I guarantee if you ask, every person that still lingers here will offer their support in one way or another, either through direct assistance, or at least through genuine cheers of excitement and encouragement.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 10 June 2015, 20:58:14 »

...don't put words in my mouth.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 13 June 2015, 01:25:51 »

I apologize if I somehow displeased you with my statement, Rez, as that was not my intention.

I merely meant that in this day and age, people would likely be willing to extend an olive branch to assist through various means to help get the place up and running like the olden times, if Abe were to earnestly ask for some form of help. Perhaps simple things such as obtaining images from the games to remake the stage maps, to more complicated things, like getting the site remade in HTML 5 due to the amazing support and features it offers.

Maybe additional things such as Youtube guides isn't outside the realm of possibility either, since it was mentioned and now being used as an example. With a myriad of methods to capture gameplay these days through capture cards and other sources, it is easier than ever to make something like that. Some slight editing involved to put an overlay of the MMM logo possibly up where the score is on MM1, break it up to a stage by stage basis, figure out if you want voice over or annotations, and boom! Results are created.

I know it is in your nature to try to take the burden all by yourself, Abe, but I personally would like to think that the community you have fostered over all these years might finally be able to return some of that time and investment you've put out on your end.

You know, a more tangible way of saying "Thank you, MMM", if you will.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 16 June 2015, 15:54:29 »

I think that went right over your head.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 3 July 2015, 21:23:47 »

This may just be taste, but seeing a map and reading the tips will always be better than a Youtube video to me.

It's like a recipe. If I follow a text recipe I never have an issue, but constantly stopping a video and going back to see what they did is, for me, counter-productive. It's not fun, it's just monkey see monkey do. At least with a guide you still have to do the thing, see the thing, etc. so they don't rob you of the gameplay, and they're just easier to look at while playing the game.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 6 July 2015, 21:20:37 »

I do like both, but I'm a map and text guy at heart.

Xitena
Noob

« Reply #22 on: 16 February 2024, 13:52:06 »

Hey Abe, I know the site proper has been down for years, but seeing as how it's pretty unlikely we'll ever get another proper game, it kinda feels like it would be a good time to put everything back up and have it all as a nice "museum" for the series.  At least you wouldn't have to worry about updates once it's all back up!
Maybe its time to reborn.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 22 March 2024, 01:33:11 »

We've got The Megaman Matrix at home.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 22 March 2024, 12:34:24 »

We've got The Megaman Matrix at home.

Mega Man Matrix at Home = MMHP
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #25 on: 24 March 2024, 03:09:32 »

You'd have been banned for that 15 years ago.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 24 March 2024, 14:05:12 »

No no Rez, the format of the joke implies MMM is the brand name product that consumers know and love. MMHP is the knockoff product. Falls apart instantly and contains cadmium.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 25 March 2024, 18:37:31 »

I can't hear you from inside the mauling tent.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Matrix Archive?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string