MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 04:02:59
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Speculation: How Will Capcom animate and ruin the corpse of Mega Man?
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Speculation: How Will Capcom animate and ruin the corpse of Mega Man?  (Read 4814 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« on: 27 October 2014, 18:21:57 »

So, with Mega Man dead, the questions arise:

1) How will Capcom "revive/modernize" Mega Man?

and

2) How awful will it be?

I'll start things off with my two cents.  I think it's obvious that Mega Man will never come back in the traditional form.  When it returns (and it will) Mega Man will be in the form of digital only mobile "games" that are full of DLC/micro transactions.  This is where Capcom has signaled it wants to take it's business model many times.  Think Mega Man X iphone or Mega Man X-Over quality stuff, only lazier and more shallow.

Thoughts?  Opinions?  THEORIES?!  Don't worry, I won't yell at you too much if you're wrong.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 1 November 2014, 12:11:19 »

Dude you just RON PAULED the ##### out of MegaMan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I don't know how it could possibly get worse than MegaMan X for iPhone. MegaMan X Over was a special kind of horrible but it wasn't akin to someone taking the most beautiful piece of music ever and replicating it with a couple of kazoo players. Nothing will ever be as bad. Though part of that is because it's like witnessing your first... youtube comment. It just gets easier to deal with over time.

I want them to reiterate the series but I don't know where they can go with it. What new ideas can they offer to the standard format? If they change the standard format, what should be changed?

They've counted out games Legends and Universe. With those as alleged failures before they were even released to prove otherwise, what would they even try? MegaMan Soccer HD? lmao (I actually liked that game, though.)

I would love to see something like a MegaMan Museum. Essentially a virtual museum with multiple sections: A room filled with arcade consoles for as many untampered-with games as can easily fit together onto a disk; a room with "retrofitted" arcade consoles that add gameplay modes like challenges and playable characters to each game wherever appropriate (like with MegaMan 9 and 10 for example), a room with unlockable figurines attached with informative documents for all MegaMan characters, enemies, places, and objects (like Smash Bros. trophies), a music room, and a room containing content like the Legends 3D demo and whatever is salvageable from MegaMan Universe.
It would be a hell of a send off, something like that.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2014, 23:23:05 »

It really wouldn't surprise me if Capcom tried to bring it back in cartoon form ala Sonic Boom or some other CG #####.

Given their penchant for mobile ports and #####, a micro-transaction filled tie-in would be sure to follow.

I'd like to be hopeful and say they'd give it an honest chance with new games that are actually good and in the spirit of the older series, but who am I kidding?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2014, 00:25:10 »

Yourself.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2014, 20:10:59 »

Got my fingers crossed for a "hardcore" dystopian remake a la Bomberman: Act Zero.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 12 November 2014, 16:46:30 »

On iPhone?

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2014, 00:44:10 »

Microsoft Kin

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #7 on: 20 November 2014, 17:28:58 »

They can always just pallet swap BMZ and slap the MMX logo on it and BAM.  New game.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 10 December 2014, 08:20:17 »

Can you summarize what exactly about that video gives you hope?

Just seems like 23 minutes of a guy rambling to me.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2014, 21:26:24 »

I'm guessing it's his own video and he's trying to get the views.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 12 December 2014, 15:25:22 »

And he's gone!

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #11 on: 23 January 2015, 18:47:23 »

Yourself.
Unfortunately, I can't even lie to myself anymore.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #12 on: 23 January 2015, 21:04:00 »

...what?

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Speculation: How Will Capcom animate and ruin the corpse of Mega Man?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string