MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 04:05:59
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : MIGHTY No. 9.
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: MIGHTY No. 9.  (Read 16602 times)
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« on: 2 September 2013, 15:45:46 »

In other words-- Inafune gives the biggest finger to Capcom:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9
Eyeswide
Noob

« Reply #1 on: 2 September 2013, 18:54:49 »

Well... I'm going to have to say it. I think megaman is done. There hasn't been an innovative or story building addition to the series in some time, and I personally don't feel downloadables count. Megaman is doomed to an eternity of cameo appearances. Which, I'm looking forward to his addition in the new SSB title.

I don't really see a problem with this though. From how they talk, it seems fun, looks good, will be nostalgic, and will implement a little more strategy than the common platformer. Still, a physical copy? No, PC DL. No thanks.

EDIT: I lie! iPhone compatibility miiiiight change my mind.
« Last Edit: 2 September 2013, 19:02:14 by Eyeswide » Logged
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 3 September 2013, 18:10:47 »

Well... I'm going to have to say it. I think megaman is done.

FINALLY someone with the balls to SAY that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

But really, I think this looks lovely.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 3 September 2013, 21:17:13 »

I'm looking forward to it.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 4 September 2013, 01:39:23 »

can I has a Mighty No. 9 Matrix?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 4 September 2013, 03:56:32 »

Die in a fire.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Eyeswide
Noob

« Reply #6 on: 4 September 2013, 11:45:51 »

Now, with iPhone 5, you can! It comes patented with a death by fire app. All you need to do is open three apps at once and BOOM! Darwinism rains down like sweet chocolate rain and cyanide.

I'd rather enjoy a Galaxy. But my service plan is like a conveyor belt that force feeds me only the ripest of Macintosh apples, and I can no haz cheeseburger.
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #7 on: 4 September 2013, 18:12:15 »

Die in a fire.

I concur.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 4 September 2013, 20:46:17 »

I could never play a platforming game on a touch screen, is all.

I'm not so quick to say MegaMan is done, but if this project manages to flop somehow then it would reinforce to Capcom that MegaMan isn't profitable.
If it succeeds, it would be an incentive for Capcom to at least try and innovate within the series, which certainly isn't impossible. Whether Capcom might see this as an opportunity is another story.

I would definitely back this if I could. I'm normally not too into these HD platforming games but after seeing what Rayman Legends has done, I'm hoping to see some good things.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #9 on: 7 September 2013, 01:44:37 »

I can't wait for this!

I totally missed everything about it due to being in Spain with feeble internet access :(

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 7 September 2013, 02:12:48 »

Going to fund this when I get paid next week... because I want a t-shirt.

Hopefully it hits the stretch goal to let it come out on the Wii U/PS3/360... would prefer to play it on the Wii U.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #11 on: 8 September 2013, 21:05:55 »

I will fund this if they will give a copy for the console after the passes that mark. Am hoping this will in someway encourage Capcom.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Eyeswide
Noob

« Reply #12 on: 8 September 2013, 23:32:51 »

But... Will it motivate the fans to place any trust in them? A few loyal ones want Capcom to mimic this success with their own kickstarter... But I have a quarrel with trusting them with any of my hard earned money, and I have the feeling that I'm probably not the minority in this. If the whole idea is that this will enlighten Capcom to the profitability of Megaman, I'm inclined to believe that they'll once again place the promise of profit well ahead of the merit of producing something of quality.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #13 on: 9 September 2013, 00:54:59 »

But... Will it motivate the fans to place any trust in them? A few loyal ones want Capcom to mimic this success with their own kickstarter... But I have a quarrel with trusting them with any of my hard earned money, and I have the feeling that I'm probably not the minority in this. If the whole idea is that this will enlighten Capcom to the profitability of Megaman, I'm inclined to believe that they'll once again place the promise of profit well ahead of the merit of producing something of quality.

If it was Legends 3 I would, but then agian Capcom has the money to do soooo.......

EDIT: When I said encouragement I meant maybe Capcom can give MegaMan a chance.

EDIT2: Must be nice to be a baller and put down 10G and a dinner with Inafune. =.=. And new goals added.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/593460?ref=activity

« Last Edit: 10 September 2013, 01:26:39 by TheOnly » Logged

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 10 September 2013, 02:42:34 »

The stretch goals they keep adding are keeping this exciting. I was already satisfied with them reaching New Game Plus, but now that I'm seeing the challenge mode and the extra stage, and especially that online co-op mode, I'm all emotionally invested in seeing that money increase all over again.
I think I can see this getting to three million at least, but I'm also kind of expecting it to taper off.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 10 September 2013, 02:49:46 »

I don't care for PS4/Xbone versions too much, but I do want that co-op challenge mode. There's still a lot of time left, but I also am expecting it to start slowing down soon.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #16 on: 10 September 2013, 04:25:40 »

Ppl be trolling saying that the last "?" is to buy the MegaMan rights. xD . Other then that they want to port it to Vita and 3DS but, like always, cost is in the way, personally I would like it on the 3DS.

EDIT: 2M reached, guess dat Rush Mode is in.

UPDATE: Less then 90,000 away for the X360/PS3/WiiU version.
« Last Edit: 14 September 2013, 22:43:48 by TheOnly » Logged

Signature:
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #17 on: 20 September 2013, 23:19:44 »

It would be great if they reached the co op goal, but i fear that it's dried up now.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 21 September 2013, 00:00:39 »

If it keeps going at the rate that it has gone in the past 6 days, we'll actually just barely make it to co-op mode. Unfortunately I don't know how much things have been slowing down on a day to day basis, so that may not be likely.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #19 on: 21 September 2013, 16:35:03 »

Unless theres some sort of motivation then I fear no co op. When it hit the console mark funds suddenly skyrocketed for a day or so, yesterday, well, was rather slow day in comparison to other days. Or unless they cut off other goals in favor for co op. Anyways, I would be happy with it if it can reach the "extra boss" goal, co op would be a +.

EDIT: Well, as of 9/21/2013, according to this "trending" , by the end of the month would would be close to $3,500,000... Click on the [exp] projection red tab, Range: Low: $2,600,000 - High: $3,000,000 .

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/#chart-daily
« Last Edit: 22 September 2013, 04:37:53 by TheOnly » Logged

Signature:
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 23 September 2013, 10:23:16 »

I just found out they added paypal, so I put in my 20 dollars. Challenge mode has been unlocked through added sales from PayPal.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #21 on: 23 September 2013, 21:31:58 »

Me likes this.

Signature:
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #22 on: 25 September 2013, 03:48:50 »

I find that some of the b symmetrical design choices for these bosses are poor. For instance, Mighty No. 1 has this uninspired flame foot thing going on. It's a little hard on the eyes.

Also, does anyone feel like some of the stretch goals are holding the complete version of this game hostage?

"NEXT GOAL: $2,550,000: Extra End Stage & Boss!

We add another full stage, complete with an intense, original boss battle (!), to the final area Beck will take on once he defeats the other eight Mighty No. bosses!"

Shouldn't that just be apart of the main experience? Similar to the Wily stages? I dunno, man. Something smells rotten in Japan.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 26 September 2013, 02:36:40 »

I sort of know how where you're coming from, thinking that. Capcom has done that in the past. I recall MegaMan Xtreme's (either the first or second) box art saying that it has 4 extra bosses, but it was supposedly meant to have only 4 bosses, and then they added 4 more.

However in this case, I'm optimistic. I don't see any reason to believe that their calculation of the budget required is dishonest, so I believe that the stretch goals of the game are projections of extra things they can do with a bigger budget, and not features being held from the game for a want of more money.

Now here's something I was hoping for: (image)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I'm a little bothered by certain fans who are projecting the idea that this game should emulate only every character in the classic series complete with all of the tropes that came with it, rather than only take the good ideas and leave behind the bad ones.
This isn't a MegaMan game. It's a new game that doesn't have to burdened by all that continuity stuff. "This game can't have a Zero because he wasn't in MegaMan Caslsdic!11" isn't something that anyone should be concluding... at least not based on that thought process alone.

The fact that this is a new franchise is supposed to be the thing that makes this exciting. Maybe jumping and shooting was a core idea of an old franchise. This doesn't have to be that. If I could play as a hard-mode type character that has to get close to enemies in order to damage them, that could still be just as fun, depending on if the game makes it viable. I don't care if it's a red character, or if it even has a personality like Zero. I don't care if it ends up being Call herself.
Of course, he didn't say "playable". He seemed to leave it open to interpretation and I may have this all completely wrong.

Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #24 on: 26 September 2013, 04:30:13 »

I kinda want them to make it as Megaman as they possibly can without calling it Megaman.

The way I see it, Capcom is never going to give us what we want. If that's the case, I would at least like the next best thing.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #25 on: 26 September 2013, 05:28:01 »

Update.

Signature:
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 27 September 2013, 00:35:42 »

...The only thing that's bothering me now is that there wasn't an intro stage to begin with. And that we're probably not getting one in this.

Honestly, I hope they go and add the extra Co-op mode even if we don't manage to reach the goal.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #27 on: 27 September 2013, 01:29:05 »

Saw this.

http://m.imgur.com/RXIWHHq

BUAHAHAHAHAGA!!! THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDED ON WEEK 2!! I doubt it will get to 3.5 mill...

EDIT: Just learned even when KickStarters ends ppl can still give via PayPal...

Now here's something I was hoping for: (image)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 27 September 2013, 22:23:00 by TheOnly » Logged

Signature:
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 28 September 2013, 03:26:06 »

We now have Co-op Challenge mode. Awesome.
« Last Edit: 28 September 2013, 03:32:40 by NovaMan XP » Logged
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #29 on: 28 September 2013, 04:02:39 »

WoooW, that was kindda fast.

Signature:
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 29 September 2013, 05:47:56 »

Aaand now we have an intro stage.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #31 on: 29 September 2013, 06:19:05 »

Aaand now we have an intro stage.

And in about a day or so, we all like, "yeaaa, no co op". xD

Signature:
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #32 on: 30 September 2013, 14:36:47 »

Remember to vote for your favourite design of Call:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/611851

I like E!

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #33 on: 30 September 2013, 15:51:34 »

Call stage added.... And tbey said what will power the game will be the Unreal Engine, theres also a 7sec clip on the latest update.
« Last Edit: 1 October 2013, 22:42:56 by TheOnly » Logged

Signature:
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #34 on: 1 October 2013, 23:27:48 »

Backed it at the last minute for $99.00.

Added 26 for that tangible disc, son.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #35 on: 2 October 2013, 01:24:29 »

Online Race Battle Mode on deck!

Signature:
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #36 on: 2 October 2013, 01:52:16 »

All stretch goals met. Game Funded.

Capcom must be kicking themselves.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 2 October 2013, 01:58:03 »

4 million dollars. Geez.

Really hope they make this the greatest game ever.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #38 on: 2 October 2013, 02:18:04 »

I hear Call models: E, F, and H are the finals.
« Last Edit: 2 October 2013, 02:24:46 by TheOnly » Logged

Signature:
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 2 October 2013, 02:22:48 »

Neat, hope that E wins.
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #40 on: 2 October 2013, 05:43:26 »

I voted for H. I like her simplistic design.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #41 on: 2 October 2013, 07:02:03 »

I voted for H. I like her simplistic design.

Second on that.

Signature:
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 2 October 2013, 21:05:25 »

I also went with E.

I'm really happy that this game met ALL of its stretch goals. I will be triple dipping on the game for sure~

2015 will be a long wait but it will be good.

I could never play a platforming game on a touch screen, is all.

I actually 100%'d Banjo-Kazooie on my Galaxy Nexus. Final boss fight was a bitch.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #43 on: 5 October 2013, 21:23:50 »

Soooo.... we're renaming this place No. 9 Matrix? Or we could make it Number Nine Natrix. N³. Or some other location-ish sounding n-word? Family friendly n-word that is.

White Shadow
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #44 on: 12 October 2013, 17:16:08 »

Some news since I guess.

Team Ninja and MN9.

http://www.at7addak.com/article/s/1226505120

Inafune would publish with Capcom.

http://www.at7addak.com/article/s/517969158

KickStarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/615035?ref=activity

Signature:
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #45 on: 15 October 2013, 19:16:35 »

Backed it at the last minute for $99.00.

Added 26 for that tangible disc, son.

Absolutely worthless since it's Steam crippled.

I voted for Not Roll.  Though I did I did remind me of Iris a bit, so I hoped she would place higher.  I'm ok with all 3 finalists though.  Although I'll probably vote for F again.

Zan
Noob

« Reply #46 on: 6 November 2013, 05:37:08 »

Can't believe I only just now heard of this! It looks okay
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #47 on: 10 November 2013, 05:22:00 »

Update.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/657323

Signature:
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 20 March 2014, 04:35:48 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQj71oGAB8

Gameplay video, shows off Beck's moves and controls.

The Dash attack seems pretty cool, and I almost expect to see him wall jump. :P

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #49 on: 26 March 2014, 19:43:29 »

Still pretty disappointed it's god ugly 2.5D, but eh.  The lighting was awful in the demo though, Beck was almost completely in shadow.  Hopefully they'll fix that.  Other than that it didn't look too bad, but I fear the constant "kill ##### to suck up it's soul" will get real old real fast.

Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : MIGHTY No. 9.
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string