MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 00:14:20
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  : Matricians: Show your resources!
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Matricians: Show your resources!  (Read 2145 times)
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« on: 26 April 2013, 21:56:51 »

I could have SWORN I already made this topic...

With all the liveliness in the Creation station, I think it would be worth our while to share the things that make us draw GEWD. References, books, software, hardware, Inspirations and various other tools.

Personally, I've been reading a lot of books about making comics. The ones that have caught my attention are Understanding Comics, Reinventing Comics, and my favorite of the three Making Comics by Scott McCloud. If you haven't read his books, I suggest at least reading the first one, and the third one is AWESOME if you want to make comics.

Another one that I borrowed from the library and plan to purchase in due time is a book titled Panel One: Comic book strips by top writers Personally the content within is less about the scripts there, and the manner in which they're written.  When it comes to writing your story before illustrating, this book is really enlightening.
Jaap
Noob

« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2013, 21:18:35 »

I got Making and Understanding comics as well, I got Writing Pictures and Drawing Words because Bryan Lee O'Malley said it helped him tremendously on his comics-series "Scart Pilgrim and the Goblet of Philosophers" and I got the three Eisner books on drawing.

I got a book about anatomy for artists for like 10 euros at a place where they sell 10 euro books. Um, I got a few animation books, and I got one of the Drawn From Life books by a disney guy.

I think that's most of my drawing references, rest of my research bookcase is filled with writing books on writing.

EDIT: oh dang i feel i have to edit on my other forum i'd just as soon write another post

ANYWAY - my main drawing teacher are my drawing teachers, and LIFE.
« Last Edit: 28 April 2013, 21:27:45 by Jaap » Logged
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2013, 14:17:31 »

Why would you spend Euros on something like that?  That's something an Europee'n would do...

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Jaap
Noob

« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2013, 16:15:13 »

I'm sorry i'm just trying to sound interesting
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2013, 17:44:04 »

Stop trying to sound interesting and sound interesting.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Jaap
Noob

« Reply #5 on: 29 April 2013, 18:06:20 »

I will not.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2013, 05:03:24 »

I went to schools.

Really though I'll let y'all know of some dope books for drawing and animation when I get the chance, I want to get it just right, and maybe pictures.

For charaters you basically can't lose on anatomy books though, and y'know just going to life drawing sessions in your town. Whether you want to draw realism or not, this will significantly improve your understanding of space, weight, proportion and everything else. You can put a style on it after.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  : Matricians: Show your resources!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string