MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 19:21:11
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : The "Gauntlet" thread (Numbered, Legends, Dark Legacy, etc.)
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: The "Gauntlet" thread (Numbered, Legends, Dark Legacy, etc.)  (Read 1575 times)
Sudo Iwaki X
Noob

« on: 24 April 2013, 05:02:20 »

"Red Wizard needs food badly!"

Remember that saying or something along those lines?

I do.  My first experience with the Gauntlet series is playing Gauntlet Legends in 1998.  I was curious on why crowds of people lined up to play the game.  When I finally got to play it, I was addicted to it.  The 3D graphics were beautiful for its time.  The gameplay was unlike anything I have played before.  It was easy to get into and hard to master.  But once I mastered the game, it felt satisfying and loved Gauntlet Legends a lot ever since.  Playing the game with other players took a bit of time to get used to with the increased number of dangerous objects, but eventually got used to it too.  I used the Blue Valkyrie the most, followed closely by the Green Archer.  The Dreamcast and Playstation versions made the arcade experience feel right at home in exciting ways.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy is the expanded version of Gauntlet Legends and I love it even more because there are more stages, paths, and music to enjoy.  The arcade version was really fun, especially when I played with other players.  All of the console versions were great too, of course. 

Gauntlet Legends and Gauntlet Dark Legacy helped me grow as a gamer, as a team player, and as a person. 

So mighty heroes, did you play and enjoy the Gauntlet games? 

"Allow me to rephrase. I will exercise my authority to terminate your program!" - Mega Man Juno, from Mega Man Legends
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2013, 05:44:50 »

I remember Legends being alright in arcades, but I rented Dark Legacy (for like... N64 or something) and it just wasn't my thing.

This is weirdly the second time the Gauntlet series has come up for me for this week, and I hadn't heard talk of it in years.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2013, 17:01:22 »

Gauntlet is one of those games that is fondly remembered but when you actually go back and play it it's not up to much.

It's a bit like going back and watching old He-Man or ThunderCats cartoons.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
orclev
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3 on: 1 July 2013, 08:10:07 »

Oh man I used to play the ##### out of Gauntlet Legends back in high school.  They had a machine in the arcade at the bowling alley.  I LOVED that game.  Then they got rid of it and I haven't played it since.  :'(

-----
~*~orclev~*~
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'Brien
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4 on: 1 July 2013, 22:28:28 »

Gauntlet is one of those games that is fondly remembered but when you actually go back and play it it's not up to much.

It's a bit like going back and watching old He-Man or ThunderCats cartoons.

Those are WONDERFUL shows!

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : The "Gauntlet" thread (Numbered, Legends, Dark Legacy, etc.)
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string