MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 01:47:55
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : The Game Grumps are playing X7
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: The Game Grumps are playing X7  (Read 4442 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« on: 4 April 2013, 23:08:42 »

I'm excited to see their reactions to it.

Everybody knows the Game Grumps, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coL4ggcK6eE

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 5 April 2013, 06:47:38 »

Despite that the novelty of the show wore off, I find I'm still watching it on regular basis due to just... well, it's like I've come to know them and it's like I'm hanging out with my imaginary friends.
That might sound ridiculous but I don't know how else to say it.

I also ignore them for days at a time so I can watch multiple videos in succession when bored. It's just weird when I'm days behind when something actually funny happens.
So I'm not on MegaMan X7 yet, but I might skip ahead.

It's... like the Sonic '06 of MegaMan. It seems like a natural progression for them to pick that game. I don't think it will have the same humorous quality to it, though. When ##### happens in Sonic '06 it can be pretty funny, but having played MMX7 I don't know if there's anything equivalent to that. It's just tedious and annoying, for all I can remember.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 5 April 2013, 10:16:03 »

"Watch out for the 3D, it'll getcha."

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 9 April 2013, 13:42:26 »

Despite that the novelty of the show wore off, I find I'm still watching it on regular basis due to just... well, it's like I've come to know them and it's like I'm hanging out with my imaginary friends.

This.
This exactly.

But yea, I watched the first X7 the other day. It was pretty painful, as I'd blocked out a lot of the starting, like how the "2D" portions don't even attempt to feel like past X games. So I'm not sure I'll keep going beyond the first one.

Also if anyone hasn't watched their MM7 series... It's pretty boring. Nothing funny happens really, because the game is fine, but also it's frustrating as a fan when they miss stuff or get info wrong on that one.

Jaap
Noob

« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2013, 16:48:47 »

I still watch every day - I like the structure of it and it's still p. funny.

Also they're doing Megaman X 1 now, so
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2013, 05:29:29 »

Yeah, I watched the start of that one. It's good, but it's kinda similar to their run on Mega Man 7 in that the game is just #####ing good, so it doesn't make for much comedy.

Jaap
Noob

« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2013, 14:44:41 »

tr00, but at least Arin's speeding through, so it's at least interesting to look at, a bit.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 1 May 2013, 15:00:45 »

If he's doing a 100% speedrun, I don't like his path at all.

I go chill penguin,
then storm eagle for the helmet, sub tank, and heart (and to destroy spark mandrill's stage)
Then flame mammoth for the level 3 buster, heart, and sub tank
THEN spark mandrill
armored armadillo,
launch octopus,
boomer kuwanger,
then end it with sting chameleon,
then grab the heart in Chill penguin's stage, and the sub tank in SPank Mandrill's stage.

If you use the level 3 charge to get the ice cart in boomer kuwanger's level you can get that heart without the boomerang.

I normally can finish it in 45-50 minutes that way.

Jaap
Noob

« Reply #8 on: 1 May 2013, 15:53:01 »

well i think i'll unsubscribe the moment they start to play a game seriously, so
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 2 May 2013, 03:35:41 »

Yeah, it's really not a "Let's Play" so I'm fine with them taking alternate routes or just #####ing around.

MM7 was the same, but a little more frustrating because Arin couldn't figure out why Protoman wasn't appearing.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 2 May 2013, 20:46:10 »

They're obviously just having fun with the game in their signature way.

If you're doing a competitive-ish 100% run, unless you're essentially the VERY BEST, typically your route is penguin > eagle > mammoth > kuwanger (ice sled for the heart) > chameleon (there's a really neat ice sled jump to get the heart without the water) > mandrill > armadillo > octopus. This skips the Mandrill revisit, since you already have Boomerang Cutter when you enter the level the first time.

The VERY best players go to Kuwanger after Penguin. You can do a pixel-perfect walljump to get up to the heart platform without the arm part.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 7 May 2013, 12:45:03 »

The VERY best players go to Kuwanger after Penguin. You can do a pixel-perfect walljump to get up to the heart platform without the arm part.

I remember doing this at least twice when I was younger. Could never pull it off again these days.

I don't mind the way the Grumps play the games but I definitely enjoy it more when they take it seriously. Their MegaMan X playthrough is already one of the better ones they've done.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 7 May 2013, 22:05:18 »

I enjoy it less when they take it seriously, but I do see why others get frustrated when they blame a game for their confusion when it was explained and they just skipped over it.

But when they get super into it they either stop talking completely or stop joking around. No point when that happens.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 8 May 2013, 02:37:43 »

I like the variation, myself. As long as I'm not bored it's all good. Watching them play Brawl was quite intense, for example, and I enjoyed the Castlevania plays.

The only time their gaming was especially distracting for me was watching Arin take on A Link to the Past after I did a minimal run of the game (the goal being to have as few weapons and upgrades as possible, without dying). I'd played through multiple sections so many times as practice for the actual challenge that I knew basically some fairly quick/safe ways for getting through each dungeon. Even then I didn't really expect them to have perfected it like I did (for lack of a better word—I didn't speed-run it or anything, I beat it in like 3 hours), but watching them get sidetracked was just a little more noticeable.

All other moments, I'm paying as much attention to the stuff on the screen as they are.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : The Game Grumps are playing X7
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string