MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
18 April 2024, 08:20:44
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricans; what are you drinking?
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Matricans; what are you drinking?  (Read 7458 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« on: 9 February 2013, 04:27:44 »

Beer. More beer.

Love you all. You're one of the few places I felt kind of accepted at in my mid teenage years.

I bragged about how awesome this place is to people. You're all so great, everyone seems to be awesome right now IRL too. I'll not achieve things like some of you have.

I did make the front page of Reddit once though. Screw you ASR :-P.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2013, 00:04:41 »

We didn't accept you, we just accepted we needed more warm bodies around here.

... I don't drink.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Delta
Metall

« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2013, 18:14:45 »

I used to not drink.  And then I had some beer once.  The substance was disgusting (it was a bad brand and tasted like stale bread), but my eyes were opened, and I awoke to see a whole new world!

Yesterday I had some red wine (Zinfandel), and put some Capt. Morgan's Spiced Rum in my latte while watching the latest Batman movie.

The night before that I was at a party where I had various beers from Quebec, more red wine, and some Canadian maple whiskey.  It was Canadian night at my friends' place, so we had homemade poutine and nanaimo bars, too.  I have been described as a "fun drunk", whatever that's supposed to mean...

In fact, I feel a slight headache coming on at the moment, and my solution for that is an Advil, and some rum mixed in with coffee.

Delta
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2013, 20:37:54 »

I too am described as a fun drunk. I just get silly and really loud, that's about it.

Delta
Metall

« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2013, 21:24:57 »

I can get silly depending on the group of people that I'm around, and also depending on what I'm drinking.  Red wine puts me to sleep, but beer (2, in fact), makes me all buzzzzzzzzzzed.

« Last Edit: 10 February 2013, 21:33:06 by Delta » Logged

Delta
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2013, 21:29:22 »

I'm drinking a glass of red. I'm classy.

I have a few bottles of vodka and absinthe lying around. No absinthe doesn't make you go nuts or see anything. It's just... very alcoholic. Tastes like licorice and plants. It's nice when the mood arises.

I like a lot of things, though.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 11 February 2013, 00:42:44 »

I don't really need to drink to act like a nutjob, so I don't bother with the drink.

##### inhibitions, am I right?

That being said, I don't tend to enjoy myself very much when I'm surrounded by drunk people, and my body prefers that I do not join in, so I stay away from that noise entirely.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2013, 01:01:46 »

Irish Whiskey and Ginger Ale.... all day long...

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 11 February 2013, 02:36:29 »

I drink a lot less these days than I did, which you might well remember from drunken postings and photos. I still do it pretty regularly, I just don't have as much anymore. Getting drunk actually gets really old really fast, though I was completely obliterated on my 2012 birthday.

I try to drink less beer in general and opt for mixed drinks or other hard stuff just because I'm working out a lot and trying to watch what I take in, but I just love beer. It's pretty tough since all my friends want beer, specifically beer, like all the time.

I also just end up being the driver a lot cause I'm one of the first of us to buy a car. Hanging out sober when a bunch of people get completely pissed starts out kind of fun, but gets so tiring. Being asked the same insignificant question a bunch of times per night will do that.

Delta
Metall

« Reply #9 on: 11 February 2013, 03:15:16 »

I'm imaging the following:

"Hey...  Hey man.  Do...  Do you...  You...  Do you still love me, man?  Do you love me?  Because I love you.  I love you so much.  We're like.  Best friends.  Significence.  Significent friends.  Do you love me?  Do you even like me?  You stupid ####.  After all I've done.  Do you even...  ####!"

Delta
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 11 February 2013, 10:21:26 »

Don't drink. Never had any desire to. Honestly don't think I ever will, but I also don't ever have an answer any time somebody asks "Why don't you drink?"

I always wanna' get real goofy and if everyone is drunk then they get goofy and then I can get goofy and it's way more fun for me if everyone else is goofy with me

but i bet like if i drank i would get too goofy and even the drunk goofs would be all goofed out

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2013, 14:39:13 »

The smell of beer made me want to vomit as a child (and still does) so that cemented my view on alcohol when I was REAL little.  I just have no desire to drink, even though I now know some alcohol tastes (supposedly) quite good.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Delta
Metall

« Reply #12 on: 11 February 2013, 16:08:21 »

Some wines, especially white wines, are fantastic.  Very little alcoholic taste.  And beer does smell bad.  And often tastes bad, too (I'm not a fan of hops).  I drink it for the social effect.

Delta
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 11 February 2013, 16:26:53 »

I sometimes drink when friends drink. Only coolers, though.

I've never been drunk, though. Don't even think I've been buzzed.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 12 February 2013, 01:12:18 »

Until just over a year ago I hadn't so much as had a full drink before - didn't see the point, since I almost exclusively spent my social time with other geeks and intellectuals who didn't consume alcohol. Also, most alcoholic stuff tastes like #####. But recently, I've started making friends who DO enjoy those things (including, for several months, a girlfriend who bordered on raging alcoholism), and I've found that joining in helps me to relax and not strangle them. Sometimes I'll have a few drinks when playing video games online as well, for similar reasons (although I can't strangle them over the Internet). My preference is for sweetened beers ('honey' in the description is a good sign in my book) and rum and cokes which are about 95% coke.

Also, ASR, I know a guy almost exactly like that, although it's less 'goofy' and more 'possibly mentally unbalanced'.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 12 February 2013, 01:54:55 »

i'm that one too

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 12 February 2013, 02:06:01 »

I'll drink damn near anything. I know I'm not an alcoholic because I go weeks without drinking sometimes.

Drinking beer makes me fat.

I absolutely HATE tequila though. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be shot.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 12 February 2013, 21:05:29 »

I am posting this to disprove the notion that being inebriated causes one's posts to make no sense.

See? Everything I've written is perfectly cromulent.

Good day.

*hic*

Wow I should get an award or something
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 13 February 2013, 00:19:27 »

Snare, wanna drunk video chat later?

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 13 February 2013, 02:57:34 »

What? I'm totally sober now.

call the police. jk ur cool
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 13 February 2013, 16:16:49 »

I called the police but they told me that there is no John Carll in Maine.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 13 February 2013, 22:00:02 »

I absoutely HATE tequila though. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be shot.

But I love tequila...

Guess I'm getting shot.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 13 February 2013, 22:41:52 »

I like tequila too... I just wonder who looked at an agave and was like "I'mma get drunk off this thing"... I guess one can ask that about any alcoholic beverage, though.

Another reason to thank plants!

But yeah, I pretty much like everything... The only thing I can't stomach is gin... I used to really like gin too.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 14 February 2013, 04:57:58 »

Beer smells and tastes like a liquid tapped from under Deus' tunic.

IIIHEAVENLY

I don't love tequila though. But I can have it in a PINCH.

I'm imaging the following:

"Hey...  Hey man.  Do...  Do you...  You...  Do you still love me, man?  Do you love me?  Because I love you.  I love you so much.  We're like.  Best friends.  Significence.  Significent friends.  Do you love me?  Do you even like me?  You stupid ####.  After all I've done.  Do you even...  ####!"

Not far off, except make the endless question ring even LESS interesting to me.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #24 on: 14 February 2013, 10:01:30 »

I took some vacation in Margarita Ville the other day on a party, which was alright because I baught the tequila and it was GOOD tequila. Normally though, I'll go for a Caiprinha or Long Island Icetea.

Or I'll just have a cider if people are still expecting something of me that day.

White Shadow
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 19 February 2013, 11:13:05 »

I like cider.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #26 on: 22 February 2013, 22:40:05 »

Guinness!

As beautiful as it is delicious.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 23 February 2013, 04:45:57 »

The more I drink, the quieter I get. Unless you manage to piss me off, and then I turn into the Incredible Jake.

I prefer beers like Yuengling, Tsingtao, John Smith, and Stegmaire Oktoberfest.

Currently I'm drinking water.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 10 March 2013, 23:31:15 »

Tsigntao is nice but it's pretty weak. Or light. Not sure if that's how to phrase it really, it just goes down pretty easy like a girl beer.

I've heard good stuff about Yuengling but only from Tennessee people and I don't trust them.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 14 March 2013, 01:48:39 »

I'm nearly stopped drinking. Too busy working :-/

The exception is going to be this weekend.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 14 March 2013, 03:44:41 »

I've never seen such a divide in tastes as I do with Unibroue beers from Quebec.

Anyone here try it? I really really like it.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 14 March 2013, 14:46:05 »

Tsigntao is nice but it's pretty weak. Or light. Not sure if that's how to phrase it really, it just goes down pretty easy like a girl beer.

I've heard good stuff about Yuengling but only from Tennessee people and I don't trust them.

I'd go with light, because I'm a fan of lighter beers and the guy at the sushi bar who introduced it to me called it "the Budweiser of China".

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 15 March 2013, 13:44:44 »

But Budweiser sucks...

Anyway, yea Snare! Fin Du Monde is great, I just had some for the first time when I was in Montreal last, and I really like it. Though it's something like 9% alcohol, which is stronger than most Polish beers I've had, silly Quebec!

I'm a fan of one the other brews from that company; Blanche De Chambly.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 15 March 2013, 20:28:32 »

Aha, I had a feeling you'd like it! I haven't had a beer from them that I did not like... They're all good! Haven't had Blanche de Chambly yet, though... If I ever see it in stores, I'll grab some for sure.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 16 March 2013, 08:33:16 »

I like cider.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 17 March 2013, 20:19:59 »

But Budweiser sucks...

Anyway, yea Snare! Fin Du Monde is great, I just had some for the first time when I was in Montreal last, and I really like it. Though it's something like 9% alcohol, which is stronger than most Polish beers I've had, silly Quebec!

I'm a fan of one the other brews from that company; Blanche De Chambly.

I had mentioned that too (although I'm okay with Bud Light) and he said that he meant in terms of availability in China.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 17 March 2013, 22:36:04 »

Ah OK that makes sense. And to be fair I tried a free Bud Light Platinum last night and it was... It was fine. It had no taste and fr too fizzy but for a light beer it was alright I guess. Better than a piss watery Coors Light, that's for sure.

Aha, I had a feeling you'd like it! I haven't had a beer from them that I did not like... They're all good! Haven't had Blanche de Chambly yet, though... If I ever see it in stores, I'll grab some for sure.

I've only had those two from them, but I like them both! You can get Blanche De Chambly at a lot of places in Ottawa but you'll likely have to find out what they have first. I know Chez Lucien (deceptive name, as it is not a fancy shmancy place) has it, since it's a Montreal restaurant/bar.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 18 March 2013, 21:55:08 »

I like Bud Light Platinum. 6% alcohol content but so mild. Like drinking fizzy drunk water.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 19 March 2013, 01:49:26 »

I like cider.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 19 March 2013, 04:42:43 »

Cider's fine. It's just alcoholic apple juice.

I like Bud Light Platinum. 6% alcohol content but so mild. Like drinking fizzy drunk water.

That's not a high abv here :D

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #40 on: 19 March 2013, 14:52:35 »

I try a lot of things, but ultimately I just keep coming back to whiskey. I'm not a fan of beer because it tastes like piss water to me (I have tried multiple brands), and while I'm okay with other drinks, whiskey is ultimately my preference. Usually something Canadian. Crown Royal is excellent but, #####, that price. Canadian Hunter is pretty decent, as well. I don't mind tequila or vodka, although I don't drink either enough to know brands or preference. Beyond that, wine is okay, I guess. Not my forte, but I'll drink it and (usually) like it well enough. Much like the previous two, though, I really don't know any good brands to buy and I feel my money would be better spent elsewhere.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 20 March 2013, 02:21:20 »

I had Faxe 10, which is a beer with a 10% abv...

You need to be buzzed to consume it because it doesn't taste all that good... But the 10% sure gets the job done fast.
orclev
Sniper Joe

« Reply #42 on: 21 March 2013, 10:39:44 »

Currently I am drinking a non-fat hazelnut frappuccino from Starbucks >.>

Alcohol-wise though I like most things, only drink about once or twice a week at most when I see my friends.  I never touched beer until a few months ago and have since been exploring things a bit more.  I'm especially partial to whiskey sours and gin & tonics lately.  But my favorite drink is still the mojito.

-----
~*~orclev~*~
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'Brien
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 27 March 2013, 19:28:32 »

I like cider.
I fell asleep on the sidewalk because I like cider so much.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricans; what are you drinking?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string