MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 08:22:00
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : What is your favorite X game?
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: What is your favorite X game?  (Read 8365 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« on: 7 January 2013, 15:35:06 »

X1 is my favorite.

X7 is poop.

Command mission was boring as hell.
« Last Edit: 8 January 2013, 17:02:17 by Johncarllos » Logged

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 7 January 2013, 23:11:48 »

I like Xtreme it was really good and fund. It had engaging story and I really like burning stag.

Trooly the start of the bets of the story like Megaman Battlenetwork: Battle Chip Challange.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #2 on: 7 January 2013, 23:26:40 »

X1 is my favourite too.

X6 is worse than X7, not by much though.

Command mission was indeed boring as hell, I think I've probably played it for about 20 minutes total.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 7 January 2013, 23:35:29 »

I lasted maybe an hour or 2. I was very disappointed. I hate slow moving with random battles.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 8 January 2013, 06:20:07 »

As much as I like X1, X4 will always be my favorite. Might be just because it was my first X game, and my second Mega Man game.

I liked Command Mission, although I haven't really felt the urge to replay it at all.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 8 January 2013, 07:14:12 »

I'm in the same boat in terms of liking Command Mission, and that game was like MY LIFE at the time that I played it.
"HE MUST NOT USE THE SUPRA FORCE METAL" is embedded in my skull.
I would really like to find the patience in myself to play an RPG like that ever again, but I think that's a problem I may have with most RPGs of that type. It's not because of anything particularly wrong with Command Mission, if you ask me.
For example, I ended up getting Xenoblade Chronicles with store credit (mainly because they didn't have the other game I wanted) and I haven't touched it yet because I know it will be a long, dense experience and I don't know when/if I want to invest the time to play it.

I don't know if it's even questionable at this point that the first MMX is the best of them all. It really came through with this premise that really worked as character development AND as a game, which is quite rare.

I would willingly go back and replay X, X2, and X4. MAYBE X5 just to relive certain parts.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 8 January 2013, 14:12:28 »

Command mission was boring as hell.

Uh yup.  That's the mauling tent.  Off you go.

X6 is worse than X7, not by much though.

I must respectfully disagree.  NOTHING is worse than X7.  Even with it's many, many, MANY flaws, at least X6 was still more or less in the vein of X4 from a visual and mechanical standpoint.  The... THING X7 was just vomited death and cancer.  Plus X6 didn't have Axl.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 8 January 2013, 17:03:18 »

Sorry Rez, but I don't like random encounter turn based combat, especially when it's based on a fast paced jumpan and shootan game.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 8 January 2013, 22:55:58 »

Shhh... No talking now, only mauling.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 9 January 2013, 04:58:19 »

I have to agree with Rez on X6. It didn't have an abysmal lock-on system with really badly designed 3D levels.

...though the nightmare bull##### in X6 is pretty damn abysmal.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 10 January 2013, 03:44:31 »

X4 is my favourite, although X1 is the better game.

I beat this super tough boss in Command Mission and I never played it again. I've always wanted to go back to it but I've never had the chance.

I bought X7 for $5. Played it for about 2 hours. The next day I returned it for $2. Was worth not owning it at that price.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #11 on: 10 January 2013, 15:06:03 »

I played 3 levels of X7 and nearly threw my controller through the TV I was so raged filled over how #####ty it was.  I literally had to just turn it off and walk away.

That said I still have it.  I don't really return games once I buy them.  I mean, I still own Final Fantasy 8 and Fighting Golf.  I've only returned/traded in a game twice, and they were both GBA games, one was some Phantasy Star collection, the other was some bad FFT style game.  Both were gifts.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 12 January 2013, 15:27:20 »

My favorite is Mega Man Xtreme. I used to play the hell out of it back in the day, mainly because cheat codes worked for it.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2013, 15:24:49 »

The original Megaman X is one of the most perfectly designed games of all time. No question. Definitely my favourite, with shout outs to X2-X5 for being good too. X5 isn't as good as 2-4 but it has it's moments so I left it in.

I liked Command Mission a LOT when it was out, but like most people who liked it at that time I don't want to play it ever again. But I keep it on my shelf, of course. It was basically FFX's gameplay with an MMX-ish skin, and that skin is the only thing that really kept me there, since I hated Final Fantasy X.

I guess my least favourite would have to be X7, which I never owned. It's not even just the introduction of Axl, or the bad gameplay. It's that it really marked the beginning of the downfall of MM across the board for me. It was X7 and then BN4 right after each other, it was a rough time.

Sudo Iwaki X
Noob

« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2013, 21:27:11 »

I liked all of Mega Man X games, including Mega Man X7.  I believe I made a thread earlier on why I seriously love Mega Man X7.

If I were to choose a favorite Mega Man X games, it is tied between Mega Man X8 and Mega Man X Command Mission.

X8 had the cool looking 3D graphics, great rock/metal music, fast paced gameplay, and a variety of playable characters (X, Zero, Axl, Alia, Layer, and Pallette.)

Command Mission also had wonderful graphics, excellent music, fun gameplay, and all playable characters were worth using.

However, my favorite X games were not without faults. 

For X8, there were no endings for the playable navigators.  The story overall was not too good IMO.

For Command Mission. The story was basically the worst out of all of the Mega Man X games.  Sure there were good plot points at times.  Unfortunately, they were all ruined by leaving Massimo, Marino, and Cinnamon out of the cutscenes and the ending.  Leaving these 3 important characters to the plot and gameplay out of the overall story is a huge No-No. 

With all of that said, each game has strengths and weaknesses that I can respect to the point where I love every Mega Man X game. 

"Allow me to rephrase. I will exercise my authority to terminate your program!" - Mega Man Juno, from Mega Man Legends
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 14 January 2013, 14:46:37 »

It was X7 and then BN4 right after each other, it was a rough time.

X8 had the cool looking 3D graphics, great rock/metal music, fast paced gameplay, and a variety of playable characters (X, Zero, Axl, Alia, Layer, and Pallette.)

We must have been playing different games then, because X8's gameplay was bogged down by the horrible, HORRIBLE level design, which was among the worst in the series.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 19 January 2013, 20:48:37 »

I meant that their releases were a rough time for MM fans. I guess it still is. But I never bothered to play an X or BN game after those two.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 20 January 2013, 11:09:00 »

I have a feeling that maybe if I replayed them, I'd completely agree with Rez, but I'm not gonna because why even.

All of the things that X8 actually did RIGHT just accentuated the empty ideas behind the plots of the past several games. It leaves you with a good feeling, at first, but then you're like... "Why is this game X8? Why isn't it X5, or even X2 or X3 for that matter? Why aren't the stories a natural progression of each other, and the characters within them?"
And stuff like "What was Vile even doing all those years?"

Of course, the answer is money. It's a creativity killer.

I was always kind of invested in X's story because it hit me at such a young age, I guess. Like X himself, it had genuine potential.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 20 January 2013, 20:00:29 »

i liek tha won w/ protmano w/ soared becus he is bets  8) 8) 8) but he losts hiz glasserz and got boobs   :o :'( :(
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 21 January 2013, 16:58:45 »

*bewbs

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #20 on: 22 January 2013, 14:13:25 »

It's like it's really 2003 again!

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 24 February 2013, 20:45:19 »

I think Megaman X4 and X1 are my most favorite.  X4 because the level designs were just right and Zero was fun to play as.  X1 also for the gameplay and for the music.

X2, X3, and X8 are fine too.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 10 March 2013, 23:54:07 »

I know it's a tired thing to say, especially since I said it earlier plus now that Egoraptor guy made a whole video on it, but X1 is like a PERFECTLY designed game. It's an intricate and beautiful masterpiece, and it holds up incredibly well today. If you take the Mega Man fan out of yourself, the game is still amazing and not just coasting on nostalgia. Totally worth the hype, and one of the few games I replay a lot.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #23 on: 11 March 2013, 17:57:17 »

Nostalgia does not make a bad game good, it makes you remember bad games fondly.  X1 really is probably the single best Mega Man game ever made.  It holds up to damn near anything made today just because of how well it was designed.  MHX really was a huge step down from MMX, simply because it tried to fix what wasn't broken.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 14 March 2013, 01:42:19 »

I agree wholeheartedly. MHX was severely disappointing. Horrid game feel.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #25 on: 18 March 2013, 13:29:25 »

Castlevania: Dracula X was also a good X game.  Not sure where it fits in the timeline though.  Maybe after Command Mission?

DimensionRifter
Noob

« Reply #26 on: 31 May 2014, 17:09:50 »

:( I am not amused. IT IS OBVIOUSLY MMX1 ;D 8) 8) 8)  ;D

- DimensionRifter 8)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 5 June 2014, 15:03:06 »

Yes, it IS obvious, ISN'T it?

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : What is your favorite X game?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string