MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 11:37:20
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : HAPPY 25 YEARS MEGA MAN!!!
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: HAPPY 25 YEARS MEGA MAN!!!  (Read 5425 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« on: 17 December 2012, 14:41:46 »

It's hard to believe 25 years have passed since I picked up Mega Man for the NES.  To this day Mega Man remains my favorite video game character and franchise, dispite how awful some things have gone with it (MMZ, MMZX, SF, the slow painful death of MMX after 4 and BN after 3) but even with all of that, it still holds a place in my ever shrinking heart.  And even though Capcom has forsaken it in for several reasons, and past may not be precurser to future, I can say the good times far outweigh the bad.

My favorite Mega Man moments are from Mega Man 1 and ironically Mega Man X5.  I remember reading through a (in retrospect at least) horrible game guide for NES games and seeing the pages for Mega Man 1.  It made the game look freaking awesome!  I looked for the game for a while and finally go it.  Everything about it was great.  The first time I cleared all 6 robot masters and got to Wily's fortress was a huge rush.  I also happened to be at a friends house playing it, and did not want to quit.  They got a little irritated at me about that...

The second moment involved making it to the first fortress stage in X5, past the Quick Man like lazers.  As soon as the boss door closed and THAT music started, I knew what the boss was.  And then the big black blobs started speeding in from behind me and it was simply glorious!  It was very sad though, that it was the ONLY glorious thing about X post X4.  But still, it was a huge moment for me.

I hope the rest of you have a great 25th day!  And who knows, maybe there will be a real surprise for fans...

But for me, for the rest of the day I plan to GET EQUIPPED WITH NOSTALGIA!

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2012, 23:03:11 »

MY WEAPONS ARE READY!

Happy birthday, MegaMan  :)

I will always love you, even when your cruel parents dress you funny and make you do stupid things.

I borrowed MegaMan 2 from a weird ginger kid called Windsor many moons ago, and the rest is history!

I still hold MM2 and X1 up as the shining examples of the series.

Maybe one day we'll get a true evolution of what you should now be instead of  the scraps we've been getting thrown recently...

Maybe...

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2012, 00:33:07 »

MM2 and X1, yes those would be the poster children for Mega Man, and should be.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2012, 22:54:41 »

A day late and a dollar short, but hey, may as well celebrate Rock's birthday.

I was a poorer kid without any game consoles until my father, who's in a constant state of mid-life-crisis, got himself a nes.  Along with the classic staples of everyone's childhood, was Megaman 4.

Me and my siblings tried our damndest to defeat Skullman, mainly because he was the only #####er we could reach.  Those were the days of collecting Etanks, and going on a fueld rampage against skullman and his shields.

We never defeated skullman, or any other robot master, and eventually my Conservative Christian parents feared that the NES was one of the many vessels of the devil, banning us from play.

It wasn't until many years later, when I met the infamous SB, that I was invigorated to play megaman.  Battlenetwork was just down my alley, and 3 White is one of the few GBA games I managed to keep my grubby hands on throughout the years.

Cheers, Megaman.  Your battle for peace may not have been everlasting, but it sure was a good run.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2012, 06:52:45 »

I don't wish my dead grandfather a happy birthday every year.

MM2 and X1 were the first MegaMan games I ever played.
When I first played MegaMan 2 I observed that he could shoot different weapons from a hand that was a gun and that he could also change colours and I thought that was pretty cool so I would spam all of the different colours and weapons until I couldn't use them anymore.
I was very young.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 19 December 2012, 13:16:26 »

MM2 was the first Megaman game I played, I think, and I didn't enjoy it much.

When my brother and I got SNESes for Christmas one year, he got Megaman X and I got Super Mario World. We played Megaman X for hours, and used his walls to write down passwords. It's still totally covered in old MMX passwords from our childhood.

We were so damn bad at it.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 19 December 2012, 19:31:27 »

You were bad for writing on the wall...

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2012, 20:18:59 »

Late to the party BUT I literally just found this in a locked up corridor of the internet today.

Fortuitous.

And this is almost ten years old, too:

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 2 January 2013, 14:20:42 »

From the era of Sprite Comic gold.

bigjohn
Noob

« Reply #9 on: 9 November 2013, 10:33:46 »

I played this game many years ago and I still remember this game . It's a cool game .

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 12 November 2013, 08:36:51 »

megamen was pretty cool i liked protoman the best .

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 12 November 2013, 08:53:08 »

##### protomen !

bass is cool though .
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 13 November 2013, 12:53:58 »

I don't know what we're talking about, could someone please post a picture of this "Mega Man" game?

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 15 November 2013, 05:40:24 »

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 16 November 2013, 23:35:41 »

Oh dat!

I played this game many years ago and I still remember this game . It's a cool game.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : HAPPY 25 YEARS MEGA MAN!!!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string