MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 15:48:45
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : ASR the Reddit Superstar
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: ASR the Reddit Superstar  (Read 3471 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« on: 14 September 2012, 03:31:48 »

ASR is pursuing comedy.

Some may know, some may not.

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/zu5dg/if_were_gonna_keep_posting_these_comedian_photos/

He's right up there on reddit, currently. I'm impressed and glad to have met him here.

Good work Alec.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2012, 03:53:55 »

My feel.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2012, 07:53:23 »

I can't unsee him as Loki now.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2012, 00:50:01 »

sup nerds

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2012, 06:09:13 »

My feel.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2012, 02:04:03 »

>Using Reddit
>At all

Why.jpg
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2012, 09:52:50 »

My feel.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2012, 20:28:51 »

This is probably a cool time to post all the videos I've been neglecting to share, should any of you be interested and have the time:

Middleman: The Donald Defalski Story

The Overprotective Father

Ron Goes To Heaven

Cinematic Pans to a Nightstand

The Haircut

Alec Robbins: Live at The Old Dog Tavern

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2012, 13:51:34 »

Just watched some of them. Pretty good, but I actually feel like your delivery has weakened. You used to be a lot more shy about the jokes, and that delivery made them more funny.

Also, leading up the last joke with 'this one is a doozy' sets a weird expectation for something amazing.

You're still so tiny, haha.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2012, 04:45:30 »

i'm pretty sure i'm stuck bein' tiny

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 31 December 2012, 19:56:03 »

I disagree with John on the "this one is a doozy" tip. I like when comedians let us know they are in on it. Meaning, I like when it's all of us in this together. When that divide is removed, we're all hanging out and having a good time. Like the "I don't know why he doesn't have a German accent anymore" thing. Maybe just work on that style of banter a bit I guess.

But I also like the jokes behind the jokes you hear more, the hidden, silent, you-gotta-think-about-the-story jokes. Also weird ways of saying words and sentences (for instance I enjoyed when you said "Which requires some effort!" more the audience, I think), which is probably what I like about Attell and Maria Bamford's acts.

I'm not typical though because I spend a lot of time just analyzing stand-up when I'm watching it (whether live or on tv/dvd/etc) and listening to comedians talk about stand-up in a similar way, even though I'm not capable of actually doing stand-up myself.

By the way, your stand-up is improving at an alarming rate. Plus I love short jokes, for obvious reasons.

Anyway; I just want to say I genuinely loved Middleman and Overprotective Father. Laughed out loud in my living room, they were both funny and fresh and I find it hard to find short comedies online where I don't see all the laughs coming. I think you guys know by now I wouldn't just say that if I didn't actually mean it.

I didn't mention the others not because I didn't find them funny, I definitely laughed, but because they didn't stand out as much to me. Cinematic Pans to a Nightstand lost points because you neglected to put on your seatbelt, and that is just NOT. COOL. BUD.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 1 January 2013, 20:13:02 »

Mike, that means a lot, both the praise about the stand-up and the shorts. All you MMM guys all hold a special place in my heart so hearing good words from here means even more. This place actually helped shape my sense of humor in many ways, and served as a pretty good creative outlet for some of those formative years. And Mike, I've always really admired your work. Glad it's mutual.

Okay so I'm finishing up a new short and  I'm extremely proud of this one... and there's a really big surprise in it. I want to treat you guys to it early before it's all finalized.

The surprise is Simon Pegg. He actually agreed to film a scene over Skype, and it was one of the most exciting things to ever happen to me.

This is the ROUGH CUT and not the final version... we aren't done with the musical score and we're going to color grade the entire thing so it looks even better. There are also small transitions and little moments I plan on tinkering with or touching up so it all flows together more smoothly.

https://vimeo.com/55900018
PASSWORD: friedgold

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 2 January 2013, 02:36:43 »

First of all, that password is perfect.

Anyway I liked that one, can't wait for the final version so I can show people. I'm really glad the Pegg hook up worked out!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 2 January 2013, 16:11:49 »

Giant smile on my face the whole time with the Pegg scene.

Getting celebrities into your films is sweet. You need to put that ##### on IMDB.

Posted on: January 02, 2013, 11:06:11 AM

I definitely want to see the final cut.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 23 February 2013, 04:56:42 »

#####, I just watched "Over-Protective Father", and it's a good thing I was sitting on the toilet when I did.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 10 March 2013, 23:29:02 »

That one might actually be my favourite.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : ASR the Reddit Superstar
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string