MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 14:32:47
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Am I the only one who truly liked Megaman X7?
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Am I the only one who truly liked Megaman X7?  (Read 5240 times)
Sudo Iwaki X
Noob

« on: 17 March 2012, 22:38:02 »

I initially thought that X7 was only fair at best.  However, I did a little soul searching and I gave this game another chance.  I tried several strategies here and there.  It got to the point when I eventually made a cool gameplay video of a perfect victory against Red on Hard using Axl with his only his default Axl Bullets.  All of Red's attacks were dodged successfully, no damage was taken during the battle, and all lives are intact.  Here is a link to the video for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-bU_yRFng

I have no intention of offending or "trolling" anyone who hates or dislikes this game.  I am aware that X7 is not the best Megaman X game out there.  The storyline was so-so for me.  However, I liked the 3d graphics, various music themes, and both the 2d and 3d gameplay of X7.  I appreciated the fact that Capcom was willing to try new things with this game.  In the end, I loved Megaman X7 a lot. 

"Allow me to rephrase. I will exercise my authority to terminate your program!" - Mega Man Juno, from Mega Man Legends
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2012, 01:09:18 »

Sorry, but the 3D graphics were very irritating on the eyes and the camera control didn't help things.  I perfer 2D gameplay since it works better for Megaman.  And auto aim?  No thank you.  Takes away the challenge.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2012, 07:48:07 »

Your own video illustrates one of the main reasons why I disliked that game so much... the long, unforgiving repetitiveness of it. If you played anyone other than Zero you'd run out special weapons that actually harm bosses to a considerable degree, and you're stuck pea-shooting them for a good... over ten minutes, as you can see here.

I don't think that MMX CAN'T be done well in 3D, but in this case I still feel like the game could have been much, much better even despite its design gimmick.

EDIT:fixedtypo
« Last Edit: 18 March 2012, 20:15:47 by Majikn » Logged

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Sudo Iwaki X
Noob

« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2012, 04:22:08 »

Sorry, but the 3D graphics were very irritating on the eyes and the camera control didn't help things.  I perfer 2D gameplay since it works better for Megaman.  And auto aim?  No thank you.  Takes away the challenge.

Ironically, the video that I showed in my first post showed that beating Red on Hard with only the Axl Bullets without dying required skills as the video illustrated, regardless of the auto aim's pros and cons.  

Your own video illustrates one of the main reasons why I disliked that game so much... the long, unforgiving repetitiveness of it. If you played anyone other than Zero you'd run out special weapons that actually harm bosses to a considerable degree, and you're stuck pea-shooting them for a good... over ten minutes, as you can see here.

I don't think that MMX CAN'T be done well in 3D, but in this case I still feel like the game could have been much, much better even despite its design gimmick.

If I felt like it, I could beat Red on Hard perfectly using stronger weapons such as Axl's regular shot from the G-Launcher, Zero's Hieijin move, and the Charged Shots from X/Glide Armor X.  These weapons make the victories against Red become earned much faster.  

I guess that in this site, I am probably the only one who truly liked Megaman X7.  However, that does not change the fact that I respect the opinions of everyone else who commented in this thread.  

"Allow me to rephrase. I will exercise my authority to terminate your program!" - Mega Man Juno, from Mega Man Legends
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2012, 01:20:52 »

I've always wanted to play it, but never got around to it because I finally picked up a PS2 not too long ago.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 1 April 2012, 01:15:30 »

Sorry, but the 3D graphics were very irritating on the eyes and the camera control didn't help things.  I perfer 2D gameplay since it works better for Megaman.  And auto aim?  No thank you.  Takes away the challenge.

Ironically, the video that I showed in my first post showed that beating Red on Hard with only the Axl Bullets without dying required skills as the video illustrated, regardless of the auto aim's pros and cons. 

If I felt like it, I could beat Red on Hard perfectly using stronger weapons such as Axl's regular shot from the G-Launcher, Zero's Hieijin move, and the Charged Shots from X/Glide Armor X.  These weapons make the victories against Red become earned much faster. 

I guess that in this site, I am probably the only one who truly liked Megaman X7.  However, that does not change the fact that I respect the opinions of everyone else who commented in this thread. 

Actually I hear Splash Laser is X's most powerful weapon when charged.  It decimates bosses with ease.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 1 April 2012, 10:47:32 »

Well maybe I just sucked and missed a lot. I hardly even remember what went down in the actual game. It was years ago. I sold it for 2.95 and I was happy to get that much.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Sudo Iwaki X
Noob

« Reply #7 on: 1 April 2012, 19:22:43 »

If I felt like it, I could beat Red on Hard perfectly using stronger weapons such as Axl's regular shot from the G-Launcher, Zero's Hieijin move, and the Charged Shots from X/Glide Armor X.  These weapons make the victories against Red become earned much faster. 

I guess that in this site, I am probably the only one who truly liked Megaman X7.  However, that does not change the fact that I respect the opinions of everyone else who commented in this thread. 

Actually I hear Splash Laser is X's most powerful weapon when charged.  It decimates bosses with ease.

That is indeed true.  Here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNX0A-GFjPM

However, the X-Buster is more useful against defensive bosses such as Red, mobile bosses such as Wind Crowrang, or aggressive bosses such as Snipe Anteator.

Well maybe I just sucked and missed a lot. I hardly even remember what went down in the actual game. It was years ago. I sold it for 2.95 and I was happy to get that much.

I'll admit that Megaman X7 is not for everyone.  It takes practive and dedication to play this game properly. 

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 1 April 2012, 20:17:00 »

Playing it properly?

... I won't lie, something about that sounds wrong.

I'll admit, I played X7 a lot when I got it, beat it a bunch of times, did practically EVERYTHING, even saving every Reploid in every stage (It gets you nothing, by the way, woo)... The first time playing it was horrifying. So many damn game overs.

It's not that it's hard, it's just poorly designed practically everywhere.

I can understand if you like (even if I think you're insane), but you have to admit the game has really big flaws...
Sudo Iwaki X
Noob

« Reply #9 on: 1 April 2012, 22:12:00 »

Playing it properly?

... I won't lie, something about that sounds wrong.

I'll admit, I played X7 a lot when I got it, beat it a bunch of times, did practically EVERYTHING, even saving every Reploid in every stage (It gets you nothing, by the way, woo)... The first time playing it was horrifying. So many damn game overs.

It's not that it's hard, it's just poorly designed practically everywhere.

I can understand if you like (even if I think you're insane), but you have to admit the game has really big flaws...

When I said "play this game properly", I meant that one should not really play X7 like the way he/she played the previous Megaman X games.  

I believe that I implied that the game did have flaws when I said that the game was "fair at best".  Yes the camera was rough at times, especially during the Boarski and Anteator fights (the Red fight did have the 3d camera angle right IMO though.)  Slowdowns occur in several places. These factors were big in the past three years ago.

However, when I gave Megaman X7 a chance a year ago and played it further, I started to use a different approach in the 3d areas.  My arcade gaming experience and adaptability influenced me to treat my controller like my personal arcade stick on my left lap/thigh (or whatever the area someone wants to call it) when I sit down.  This approach allowed me to do the following things that really helped me in the 3d areas:

- Left thumb had full control over the analog stick
- Both pinky and ring fingers have control over the shoulder buttons.
- The left pointer and middle fingers are free and are used when needed
- The right hand is free; the right thumb, pointer, and middle fingers can press whatever of the the four main buttons I need to use
- I can also adjust the controller when necessary

As a result of the change in playstyle and my adaptable nature, I did quite a bit of things that I once thought was impossible.  In fact, I somewhat mentioned earlier that I beat Red with all of the available characters on Hard perfectly.  Here is the playlist showing each video:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC86348E85866FDA6&feature=plcp

It is not that exciting for many to see, but for me, beating Red on Hard perfectly the way I did was something that made me appreciate Megaman X7 more than I did before.  I did not see other YouTube users do it, so I took the initiative to accomplish this mission of what I did and show that winning against a very tough boss like Red is possible when using any playable character.  

I'll admit that X7 is not the ideal game for many Megaman X players.  I'll admit that this game has major flaws.  I'll admit that I am not exactly fit to be among the smartest people alive.  However, I was serious when I said that I liked Megaman X7 a lot.  I kept my opinions on this game real and I posted the my words from the heart.  

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 6 April 2012, 15:42:25 »

I remember the day I would have torn into this...

*sigh*

I've gotten old and just don't care anymore.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2012, 02:40:50 »

I sold MMX7 after buying it for $5.

I couldn't bare playing through it. It just felt bad to play.

I remember my friend was looking through my games and picked out X7. I told him, "Oh God its just as bad as Sonic 06" and then he said, "Wow, it must be true. You look terrified just by looking at the game!"

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Am I the only one who truly liked Megaman X7?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string