MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 10:49:37
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Capcom: "U mad yet?"
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Capcom: "U mad yet?"  (Read 6228 times)
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« on: 27 January 2012, 03:10:00 »

SB, you remember SB?

He sent me a link. Something fun that should get you all excited for megaman. I know it sure did for me. I mean, who knew megaman would be put in a title on the PSP vita?!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk_en/playstation.html

[spoiler]Mega Man
Middle Aged Hero!

Known as a Digger, a person who digs up relics from the past for research. He is a hot-tempered man, but has a strong sense of justice and is also very polite. His weak point is that he is easily rattled when backed into a corner. He is always running around in a hurry due to the demands of his partner Roll, and this time he's been asked to travel to Antarctica to retrieve a mysterious box.[/spoiler]

Well, I'd like to discuss this further with you all, but I gotta go cremate the hopes and dreams that capcom brutally murdered.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2012, 03:14:55 »

Annnnd any desire to want SFxT is now gone.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2012, 04:10:32 »

Pfthahahaha.

It's funny, yet disgusting.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2012, 05:13:27 »

I'm about ready for a title called MegaMan vs. Katamari.

This is utter chaos, and it's too early for April Foolin', but I have a strange feeling that they're gonna take it back like "It's just a box art joke! Because we've been pulling out that one a lot! Ha ha, get it?"

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
fawfulmk-II
Noob

« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2012, 22:25:22 »

I believe this sums it up nicely. [spoiler][/spoiler]
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2012, 02:56:03 »

Eh...
I kind of like it.
In that "it's-so-#####ing-dumb-it's-great" kind of way.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2012, 22:02:53 »

I guess this goes in Non-MegaMan Games?

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 5 March 2012, 03:38:31 »

So here's something fun: the "Mega Man" character is actually on the disc for the Xbox 360 version.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 5 March 2012, 03:40:43 »

Yep, as well as the 12 "extra" Vita characters.

Seriously, Capcom sure loves milking their fans to death. Good thing I'm not buying SFxT anymore.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #9 on: 5 March 2012, 16:35:34 »

So here's something fun: the "Mega Man" character is actually on the disc for the Xbox 360 version.

I think that happened with the "DLC" Mortal Kombat characters too, all you pay for is an unlock of content that already exists, very shady and probably not entirely legal.

It's a bit like all the Portal 2 DLC coming out on day 1 and outweighing the actual content on the disc...

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 6 March 2012, 02:20:49 »

Capcom's excuse for all those characters being on the disc is pretty laughable.

Also, they said there wouldn't be a "Super" version of the game either... can't wait for that to become a lie in a few months. They said the same damn thing about MvC3 too.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 6 March 2012, 02:35:33 »

It's a bit like all the Portal 2 DLC coming out on day 1 and outweighing the actual content on the disc...

Huh?

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 6 March 2012, 22:28:35 »

I'm confused as well.

What?

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #13 on: 7 March 2012, 01:25:19 »

Eh...

Was it maybe not Portal 2?

I remember something coming out and having $80 worth of DLC on day one, for some reason I thought it was that...

Now when I Google it all I get is Mass Effect 3 having $870 worth of DLC on day one...!

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 7 March 2012, 01:34:04 »

Well, all I know is Portal 2 had the first DLC come out a few months after release, and it was absolutely free of charge for all players.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 7 March 2012, 08:25:24 »

That Destructoid article on Mass Effect 3 was full of #####. The DLC that's being included with all of those random products is really just ##### dealing with the "Galaxy at War" multiplayer - and it's all stuff you can unlock by playing the damn game.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 7 March 2012, 15:59:33 »

Still, Mass Effect 3 day 1 DLC WHERE YOU GET A DAMNED COLLECTOR TEAM MATE is bull crap.

That should have been a part of the damned game.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 7 March 2012, 23:07:34 »

Yea but...

While I think that charging for day one DLC, and EA's pushing of Origin on you is stupid, it doesn't make the game less good or deter me from playing it. I'm just not getting that DLC, sinch.

Edit: Definitely thought this was another topic and didn't see the relevance, so...

I've never really been a big fan of the concept of DLC. Not because I don't like the idea of updates coming out for a game later on, I'm actually WAY into that, but because of the piss-poor process with which they decide what IS DLC and not just part of the game. Essentially what I'm saying is I was always worried about the abuse of that; Companies leaving out content so they can overhead charge for it, which is what has seemingly happened in ME3. At face value.

Because, however, I'm not sure if the argument that the ME3 Prothean character "should be in the game" holds up for me. If the character doesn't truly effect the story at all, then it is superfluous and IS an add-on regardless of when the content was released. Much in the same way as Kasumi from ME2 (who is spectacular and worth every penny).
In fact, without looking anything up (I avoided any news about the game I could for the couple months leading up to it), it's logical to assume the character and missions were created AFTER the game basically on it's way to getting pressed and was only conceptualized during a time when adding it in would be... Not prohibitive, or THAT difficult, but not exactly efficient. In fact, it likely screws up a ton of the legaleese a game has to go through to get to market.

Gamers in general seem to like ignoring all the hoops ##### has to go through to get made and it's kind of ignorant.

Aren't we talking about a Street Fighter vs. Tekken game in this thread? Why, then, would you even assume that NON STREET FIGHTER OR TEKKEN CHARACTER WOULD EVEN BE IN THE GAME? They have no business being there and before the advent of DLC they wouldn't be! Back in the day if you got a character in a fighting game from a completely separate game and universe you'd punch your brother in the dick you were so thankful. [/oldmancollymore] Maybe I'm missing what we're being mad about here, but I'm tired of gamers, nay anyone, acting entitled.

But like I said,  I fully admit I haven't bothered reading all the articles. Too much FUN TO HAVE.
« Last Edit: 7 March 2012, 23:36:28 by Mikero » Logged

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 8 March 2012, 03:43:11 »

I thought we were just slamming our fists down because Capcom was bastardizing MegaMan in some silly way again.

It's strange to me that anyone would want to play Street Fighter X Tekken. It's another fighting game on top of... how many has Capcom done lately?
MUCH more than I could possibly care about, at least.

I've yet to want to play Mass Effect 3. I watched a bit of it from the beginning... I feel like I might as well just play Mass Effect or ME2 again, and I don't even want to do that.
That's just something I've been holding in for a while and felt like saying just now.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Capcom: "U mad yet?"
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string