MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 01:17:07
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : What if... Zero was a girl?
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: What if... Zero was a girl?  (Read 6098 times)
Architect
Noob

« on: 26 August 2011, 08:57:18 »

Everyone thought it once. Hey, what's with the lady-bot with the luscious locks and sweet laser sword?

...Then...

That's a Man-bot? Well. Cool hair, anyway.

Even if you haven't been there years ago like I was, you can still probably see how the mistake could be made at first glance in the X series (and ALL the way through the Zero series).

The point of this thread is to hear what you guys think the X series would have been like if Zero actually was a girl! Go for it.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2011, 17:16:51 »

Bigger green boob-orb thingies.

Not much different. Maybe sexual undertones later in the series when things went to hell.

I also doubt Zero would be as popular.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2011, 18:07:03 »

The luscious locks. Sure.

I recall having an argument with my brother. I'm the one who insisted that he's male.

I also never understood the green boobs thing. It always seemed like a really immature joke that I was never in on. I never questioned the design nor cared until other people started pointing it out... how old was I at the time? I'm not sure exactly when but I was pretty young and immature myself and even then I was like "Really?"
I don't really like saying the word immature, because the people who use it tend to be really young teenagers who don't know a thing about maturity... but I don't really have a better one to describe exactly how I feel about this.

If Zero was a girl, he'd replace Alia and then he'd be a cheap playable knockoff of X in the last game.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Architect
Noob

« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2011, 19:01:39 »

Well, I think that it would have been an interesting change. Think about how Wily created Zero to rival Light's X, and how Zero carried the original virus. She could have been this epic seductress reploid with crazy fighting abilities, until Sigma took the virus into his body.

Not only that, but the idea of Wily making Zero female as a sort of upper hand against X, making it easier for her to destroy him.

Also I would have cared a lot more if X had some sort of feelings for her when she dies.
The dynamic would totally change
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2011, 23:40:31 »

Screw all the virus crap. I hated that. Retroactively changing the plot sucks.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2011, 01:36:35 »

Are we lessening the idea that X and Zero can have a close bond just as they are?

X doesn't seem the type to just fall in love. Besides that, how is that even wired? Reploids are artificially built, not necessarily biologically reproductive. I understand how by design X may be similar to humans emotionally, and I understand that there's some vague attractions present in the series,
But seduction?
First of all, you're really suggesting that Light could seamlessly mimic or recreate the biology of humans? Because it's complex [/understatement]... but given that he could actually do this, wouldn't he just isolate what causes that behaviour and reprogram it, or are you saying that he couldn't rewrite it so it's still felt in a platonic sense but there are no biological tools for it to actually work? (maybe?)

It's an interesting idea, platonic seduction, and I can sort of see that it could happen as a weird behavioural glitch. Robots built to learn and make their own choices, on one hand, would simply decide that many human social cues are illogical and disregard them, but these robots actually choose to mimic human behaviour. I think that's a hint that there's SOME kind of human component involved in their creation.

But that's me not actually knowing much of anything about biology. These are all just a writer's guesses. I'd research it myself if I felt like it, but right now I don't.

Disclaimer: I fully realize that Architect was actually suggesting none of these things and I was just extrapolating randomly.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2011, 13:54:46 »

Screw all the virus crap. I hated that. Retroactively changing the plot sucks.

You must have LOVED Maverick Hunter X!

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 29 August 2011, 21:36:52 »

I skipped the dialogue and just played the friggin game.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 29 August 2011, 22:49:56 »

Gameplay wise, even though it was a bit different from the original, it was still fun though.

The Day of Sigma looked cool too and all,but the plot changing EVERYWHERE was stupid, and some things X did were even more stupid.

Sigma: Shoot me or I'll #####ing nuke the goddamn ##### out of your city.

X: Okay I won't. *removes buster*

Sigma: lolk *#####ing nukes the goddamn ##### out of the city*

X: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 1 September 2011, 23:47:37 »

I really don't know about this.
For the record, I never thought Zero was a girl, and really... I didn't think of the green bosom thing until I came here, but I always just figured it was a [bad] joke that no one truly believed in.

I've come across a couple people in my life time that thought Zero was a girl but not THAT many, and I was young enough when I started playing these games that I don't think it was a maturity or age thing at all.

What Majikn said.

More on the virus tip:

The virus thing (which I've never supported) is crap, as JC said. Retroacive continuity is tricky tricky writing and I think the X series is an example of how simple it is to fail with.

I was always more into the idea that Sigma and certain reploids DECIDED to go rogue; That reploids truly had free will (which is a MAJOR POINT OF THE X SERIES, see below) rather than pussing out to the common cold was far more appealing to me.

The virus thing lightly suggests that all reploids are inherently good, which devalues X's entire creation and personality. If X was created to have free will but did not CHOOSE to be good, and just was, just because, then reploids are no more or less advanced than the robots of the Classic series.
That steals a lot of the point of MMX for me.

Also, as a side-note, Mega Man 8 forces strong allusions on us that the "Zero virus" originated somewhere in outer space, and not exactly from Wily himself. But that's a whole other ##### brick.

And robits don't bone.
(Sorry, Rez.)

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 3 September 2011, 07:22:49 »

Unless... in this brave reboot, they're human with robotic arms and legs.

That's why they only wear underwear. They can't fit their limbs through the openings in normal clothing.
And showering is super awkward. Don't even get me started. Imagine your shower nozzle sideways on a piston. That's all I'm gonna say.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 10 September 2011, 01:18:08 »

That's cyborgs!

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 21 April 2013, 02:58:45 »

That's cyborgs!

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 21 April 2013, 22:32:58 »

So what would've happened if Zero was a girl? Rez's pile of H would be ten times the size it currently is (that's what she said).

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #14 on: 24 April 2013, 14:49:44 »

Just because I don't have it doesn't mean lots of people don't have Zero pr0n.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2013, 06:04:18 »

I'd just like to say that as a kid I never once thought Zero was a girl. That was a concept I encountered after coming here, so the idea that

Everyone thought it once.

is farcical.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2013, 18:48:24 »

Extremely so, yes.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : What if... Zero was a girl?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string