MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
18 April 2024, 05:24:18
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Legends Series  |  : Started a new game again...
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Started a new game again...  (Read 19924 times)
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« on: 13 December 2007, 03:35:38 »

Today, while failing at MegaMan ZX, I had the sudden urge to play MegaMan Legends again, and I remembered all the memories.

The last time I played this game was five years ago.

I couldn't believe that I still remembered that you get 1000 Zenny for kicking the can into the bakery...

And I also can't believe... how easy the game is. I could've sworn I had a lot more trouble when I was younger. And yet... I got to fight that giant robot with Tiesel and beat him easily.

I plan on beating this game again, and then I'll start playing MegaMan Legends 2. I started a playthrough for that game three years ago but never finished. I remembered I got to the last boss though, but found him too hard to beat... I'm sure I'll beat him with ease this time. :P

So... do you guys have any fond memories of these two gems? I do remember when I first joined this site, I was afraid everyone would hate me for liking these games. Boy was I wrong. XD
« Last Edit: 13 December 2007, 04:27:24 by Vinchenz Rock » Logged

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2007, 03:45:18 »

The game is awesome. I've played through the first game about 5 times already. I've been looking for the second one for two years, but it's rare here on Argentina, a "friend" got me one, but it doesn't work. He charged it from me and never gave the money back, the...
Back to the topic (^You can skip that ^)
I remember that I couldn't get rank A on technicals course, so I spent many many many many times on the ruins with my vacuum to get about 1 Million zenny for the infinity of the tracking buster, however it was called.
I knew the ruins like my handpalm, actually...
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2007, 05:28:24 »

One of the more dorkier moments in the entire franchise for me is a fond Legends moment, where you look around in one of the random ruins and find an "Old Shield" item, and it always makes me question if it's Protoman's good ol shield somehow...

I should get the PSP Ports of these someday, seeing as I lost my PSX versions with all the moving I do ><

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2007, 06:50:59 »

One of the more dorkier moments in the entire franchise for me is a fond Legends moment, where you look around in one of the random ruins and find an "Old Shield" item, and it always makes me question if it's Protoman's good ol shield somehow...

I should get the PSP Ports of these someday, seeing as I lost my PSX versions with all the moving I do ><

You too huh? Alot of the items really made me wonder about the ruins in general, but the shield really stood out.

Maybe it was just because of how I was back then, but the dig sites and various ruins all felt like a real mystery. I often looked at the walls, taking in the surroundings often wondering what "led" up to all this. It was interesting to treat the game like an actual mystery and I found it to be more enjoyable by actually treating the dig as just that... a dig.

But then hey, that might be odd to some, I just get too indepth with my stories I guess.

I AM DJSonic!
DJSonic
Noob

« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2007, 10:18:43 »

Good eye there, SB. Yea, with the name, you might think that it could've been the old Proto Shield from the Classic past, but if I'm not mistaken, when you gave it to the museum and looked at it, it sure didn't look like his shield at all.

But it's nice that you noticed it. :D

I AM Aresian!
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 14 December 2007, 00:20:35 »

Well, I just played this game for five hours straight... I remembered it took me weeks to beat Bruno... and somehow I managed to beat him in one try. Man, I was horrible when I was younger at this game. >_<

So, I tried completing all the side-quests but the only one I'm missing is the Pregnant lady... I can't seem to find her... also, I only need the Shiny Eye to complete the museum. After that, I just need some Zenny to get the last upgrade for my canister, and finish getting the rest of the special weapons and I'll be satisfied for Juno.

...FIVE HOURS!? >_<

Anyway, I DID plan on starting a new game on MegaMan Legends 2, but I decided to wait to for my PSP this Christmas to play it on there (Legends on the go!).

...So, who decided to steal the breifcase? I was going to just to see what MegaMan looks like when he's black but I didn't save before the quest and it was an hour before the last time I saved. >_<, so instead of ruining my reputation forever, I returned the briefcase.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #6 on: 14 December 2007, 05:45:59 »

I took the briefcase and achieved the uberhax.

I replayed Legends 1 awhile ago since I never tried hard mode. I haven't even played legends 2 yet.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2007, 11:27:08 »

Come on, how can you not take the briefcase...although that nifty burger place gets built if you bring it back.

And if you haven't found her yet Vinchenz, the pregnant woman is in Cardon Forest outside a ruin entrance, leaning against the cliff.
« Last Edit: 15 December 2007, 11:39:13 by Aych » Logged
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 14 December 2007, 21:31:02 »

In my game, she's east of the north ruin in Cardon forest, directly north of the Flutter hidden in an alcove.
Bit far away from a ruin entrance.

I just played this game a bit ago. Replay took less then three hours, and I managed to unlock Hard mode (I don't care to keep going through it to unlock easy, not that I have my memory cards with me anyway). Now then, getting the Shining Laser fully upgraded... that took an extra three hours.

Also went back to play MML2 recently, although I didn't get to finish before class. I did manage to get the S-class license though. Took so many tries, but wow.
It's harder than I ever remembered it, and that was using ALL of my time saving tricks like throwing the shield guys and crabs, and clustering the Nautilus young.

I love how when you do finally get to the last room, you forget about the TWO large Sharukurusu... god, those guys are tough.
Figured out if you stay close and let them clip on each other, it's like fighting just one of them at a time. Greatly reduces the possible ouchtime.

But yes, lots of memories.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #9 on: 15 December 2007, 11:36:08 »

Well, all right. To be explicitly detailed (it really isn't hard at all to find her...) from what I can recall, starting at the Flutter, you move opposite the direction to Apple Market to enter the second "area" of Cardon Forest. From Trigger's POV, the ruin entrance would be off to his northwest and to get to the pregnant woman, you run around a cliffside to the east, where she is, indeed, in a small alcove, leaning against the hill with her arm.

If I made a mistake, oh well...it's probably been...a year since I played the original Legends, and you said you've just played it, so who knows. When I said she was outside the ruin entrance, I didn't mean she was literally directly next to it, hugging on it or anything like that. I just gave Vinchenz a rough idea of where she was, you know, implied the vicinity so he could have fun looking himself, but I can see you want to completely ruin the entire game for him, you big party pooper.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 16 December 2007, 19:13:40 »

I still can't find her. I think I screwed up my game or something. >_>

I plan on fighting Juno today, after doing the sub cities.

Also, as far as side quests go, I ONLY need the last special weapon (which involves the Broken Circuits) and that damned pregnant lady. Anyone know where to get that last item? I know I have the Broken Circuits and I have one other thing so I'm assuming you need three things for this last weapon.

I just played this game a bit ago. Replay took less then three hours,
Also went back to play MML2 recently, although I didn't get to finish before class. I did manage to get the S-class license though. Took so many tries, but wow.

Wow, are these games this short? <_<
I know I'm only up to ten hours in Legends and that's because I'm trying to do EVERYTHING in the game... I could've sworn that it took me MONTHS to beat the first one and even more MONTHS to get to the last boss in the second one. <_<;;

Wow, I must've sucked real hard when I was a kid. <_<;;

Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #11 on: 31 December 2007, 18:35:22 »

200,000 instant zenny + cool jet black armor = Who cares about the Bonne's restaurant?
I was a little disappointed that there wasn't anything to do with the restaurant except talk to people and servbots.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #12 on: 31 December 2007, 18:50:07 »

True, it was disappointing. I spent forever trying to get them to take my order. The SERVice was awful...ahahaaaaaaAAAAAA.

Man, that would have been the pinnacle of the game, seeing Trigger enjoying a burger and fries...
Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 31 December 2007, 18:59:36 »

As great as MML1 was, there were some disappointments. For example, we never got to see what was (or wasn't) Roll wearing when you walk in on her. Or what really happened between Barrel and Amelia.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #14 on: 31 December 2007, 19:10:15 »

Or what really happened between Barrel and Amelia.

You don't know? Barrel convinced her to switch her voice box out with Trigger's for Legends 2 so it'd be more fitting when he dressed up as Sailor Jupiter.

As for Roll, yup, too bad...nothing from the incidents in both games, and no Tron either. Hey, at least we got Sera's cheeks...that counts for something, right?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 31 December 2007, 19:11:04 »

As great as MML1 was, there were some disappointments. For example, we never got to see what was (or wasn't) Roll wearing when you walk in on her. Or what really happened between Barrel and Amelia.

Mega Man XXX has you covered there dear friend.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #16 on: 31 December 2007, 19:26:02 »

I'd love to see that.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 31 December 2007, 19:52:19 »

THEN GET TYPING INTO YOUR BROWSER URL BAR SON.

Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 31 December 2007, 20:04:33 »

THANKS BROTHER! Got what I needed to make new avatars!

Make mistakes. It's fun.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 31 December 2007, 21:36:35 »

... but we won't be able to SEE them what with the black boxes over them.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 31 December 2007, 22:30:55 »

JC <3 Rez

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 1 January 2008, 23:36:20 »

I <3 Lamp

Kayauts
Metall

« Reply #22 on: 25 March 2008, 00:10:52 »

We've gone from a new file on MML1 all the way to lamps... ???

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 25 March 2008, 02:17:22 »

WE have, I don't know about you.

Jaker
Metall

« Reply #24 on: 25 March 2008, 18:11:16 »

i have a question, remember when after fighting those dog robots then you comeback and try to enter Rolls Room, wasnt there a scene that happened then?
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #25 on: 27 March 2008, 00:52:00 »

I got into playing MML2 earlier. Borrowed the PSX copy from a friend who still owns both games. I love it so much, it has replaced the MMX series in my heart as my all-time favorite. I mean... Look at this game. It's incredible.

I'm thinking about attempting it on the super-hard difficulty soon, or perhaps renting out MML1 from my friend.

*sighs*

If only there were a third damn game.

tlo
Dopefish
Sniper Joe

« Reply #26 on: 27 March 2008, 13:06:02 »

MegaMan Legends will always remain one of my favorite games of all-time. Closely following Commander Keen.

I've beat MML1 for the PC at least 2 times and PSX version only once I think.(I own them both I did not have PSX when MML came out)

MegaMan Legends 2 I have beat twice.

You know the way they left MML2 open annoys me that no new third game is in sight.

I really hope that if Megaman gets released for the Wii that its either: a continuation of the original Series...Or Megaman Legends 3.

If it gets released for the PS3...I guess its time to start saving money....

What Is a Dopefish? Like everything in this world, Wikipedia has the answer!
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 13 April 2008, 02:29:09 »

I rented the N64 version a long time ago and it didn't quite prove itself worth buying. It was a very close shave, and given the chance to do so again I would have bought, but oh well.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 13 April 2008, 06:04:17 »

64 version is pretty bad compared to OG apparently. I've tried both and had more fun in ten seconds with the original version but didn't get as far as with the N64 game.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 16 February 2010, 20:34:37 »

Wow, I made this thread 3 years ago? That means it's almost been 3 years since I played the first Legends. I don't even remember half the stuff I talked about, like the briefcase and the pregnant lady. o.o

Sorry for the sudden revival, but I finally beat Legends 2. Took me about a year (goddamn that last boss was TOUGH... although I played it on a PSP).

God, that Water Dungeon... Was it really that slow in the original version? Took me like five hours to get through. The Water jet shoes didn't really help. :/

And the ending... disappointing! Especially now that I know there's a cliffhanger and after all these years Roll still hasn't gotten a rocket to the moon. :<

But anyway, great game but I think I liked the first Legends with it content. Legends 2 was definitely a better step in gameplay, though.

ALSO, I just realized how awesome the voices are. That's great voice acting for such and old game. An old Capcom game no-less.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 16 February 2010, 20:42:14 »

2 years and 3 months, bro.

3 years ago we still had the old board, and the old matrix.
3 years ago was before the MMM summer blackout of 2007.

It felt like such a short time ago...

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 16 February 2010, 20:55:58 »

I still haven't beaten my copy of Legends 2. I'm at the Fire temple/dungeon.

And yes, the water temple IS that slow in the original. ._.;

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 16 February 2010, 21:04:49 »

2 years and 3 months, bro.

oh sorry i'm bad with numbers

It's still a long time, though.

3 years ago we still had the old board, and the old matrix.
3 years ago was before the MMM summer blackout of 2007.

No, the old new board.
The blackout was the worst thing ever. Goddamn it, Lunche...

It felt like such a short time ago...

I know. What'chu mean.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 16 February 2010, 21:29:35 »

No, the old new board.
The blackout was the worst thing ever. Goddamn it, Lunche...

You have reminded me why he's the biggest jerk on the board, once again. >.>

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 17 February 2010, 03:07:32 »

I'm stuck on the Fire dungeon as well. I beat the part where you help Tron and then I'm just stuck after that. Only place I can go I get completely killed by the enemies there. Not to mention lava.
XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #35 on: 18 February 2010, 12:49:51 »

After helping Tron, you go to the large room and kill the giant Reaverbot. Then get the key and proceed to the first floor where there is a now-unlockable door. Proceed with the game.

And I hated lava. Not as much as the Reaverbot that comes out of the floor and sucks out your life. I flipped monkey ##### when it first happened. 

Ramen Noodles!
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Legends Series  |  : Started a new game again...
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string