MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
18 April 2024, 05:34:12
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Legends Series  |  : Legends 3 = Dead.
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Legends 3 = Dead.  (Read 9363 times)
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« on: 19 July 2011, 03:45:35 »

We'd like to thank you for your ongoing loyal support of Mega Man Legends 3. Today, however, we must regrettably announce the discontinuation of this project.

From the outset the MML3 Project was intended to give gamers across the world insight and input into the development process. Part of this process includes an assessment of whether the title will go into full production, and is based on a number of criteria with input from different sectors of the company.

Unfortunately it was not felt that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project met the required criteria, and it is with regret that we must announce that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been cancelled, meaning that Capcom will not be releasing the Prototype or the full game. Additionally, updates of the Mega Man Legends Developer Room will cease as of today, though the North American Developer Room and its forums will remain open indefinitely.

We can only express our deepest apologies to all of you who have lent us your unending support, including participation in the Mega Man Legends 3 Developer Room. On behalf of the entire Legends team, please accept our sincere apology for failing to meet the expectations of the fans.

We thank you all so much for your extended support of this title and this community, and we hope that you will continue to support the Mega Man franchise as well as other Capcom games.

If you have any questions, please see the FAQ below.

====================

Q: Are there plans to restart the Mega Man Legends 3 Project in the future?

A: Currently there are none.

Q: I want to maintain contact with the people I met through the Devroom.

A: The Dev Room will remain open in a limited capacity, so you can PM those people now and in the future.

Q: Is there a chance the ideas recruited in the Devroom will be used in future games?

A: No, I am afraid not.

Q: Will it be okay to upload the ideas we contributed to the Devroom elsewhere?

A: Yes, you may reuse your ideas elsewhere, including those ideas that were selected as winners in Devroom events.

Q: Will the people whose ideas were supposed to go in the game receive something else instead?

A:Yes, those whose ideas were to be implemented in the game will receive a commemorative gift, which will be shipped at a later date.

Q.Can you please give me more information on why the MML3 project was cancelled so close to the launch of the Prototype?

A. The project was cancelled for the reasons outlined in the statement.

Q.Will the Prototype Version still be distributed via the Nintendo eShop?

A.No it will not.

Q.Is the cancellation of MML3 related to the departure of Inafune-san?

A. The cancellation of the MML3 project is in no way related to Inafune-san leaving the company.

Q. This is the second Mega Man game cancelled this year, what does this mean for the future of the Mega Man Franchise?

A. Mega Man is still an important franchise within Capcom’s portfolio and we will continue to pursue opportunities to create new titles in the series.

Q. The Dev Room was a place where fans were supposed to be deeply involved in the creation of this product, why were they not involved in the decision to cancel this product?

A. We thank all those who were involved in the Developer Room, but the decision to continue or cancel the MML3 ultimately had to be made by Capcom.

Q. What will happen to the ideas and input participants have given to the Dev Room?

A. Content will remain viewable on the Devroom, but will not be utilized for any future projects.

Q. Will there be any future projects that involve fan participation in this manner? Or was this a one time experiment?

A. We will certainly continue to welcome suggestions and comments from Capcom’s community on current and future titles although right now there are no projects with plans to replicate the same level of interaction.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2011/07/18/a_message_from_capcom
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2011, 04:56:02 »

I was about to post this.

LAME.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2011, 05:05:17 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCKjctTWIsw

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2011, 05:10:59 »

Capcom can go suck the biggest fattest cock from the biggest, fattest, obese man in the world.

##### Capcom. I'm never buying a single game from them ever again.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2011, 05:20:33 »

I'm never buying a single game from them ever again.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm done. That was the final nail in the coffin. Unless I see a MM11, that's it. I don't trust them as a company anymore.

And I'm glad I can say it on this board. I'm sure everywhere else, we must give respects to Inafune and Capcom, but no. Capcom is different. I don't trust their games anymore.

I'll always love the Blue Bomber, but Capcom is a different story.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2011, 05:32:22 »

Gentlemen.

We can buy games from Capcom and enjoy them...

We just have to buy them used.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2011, 06:11:55 »

No. I don't want them to go anywhere near my game library.

I'll buy whatever I'm missing from Classic, X, and Battle Network. Other than that, nothing else is going into my collection.

I'm missing MM5 for the NES, MM7, MMX3, MMX4, MMX5, and MMX6. Also MMIV and MMV for the Gameboy.

Other than that, I'm done with Capcom. They lost their taste buds and their games taste like crap.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2011, 07:45:18 »

Seriously, you guys? That's a child's response.

They are a company, first and foremost. Money is their game, and their responsibility. If a game is not financially viable, there... really isn't any reason to make it. There are things at play here that we are NOT privy to, and never can be.

I'm sure Capcom will continue to produce both flops and quality games, just like any other gaming company. I don't understand your response to this.

That being said, I'm extremely disappointed. I was really looking forward to this.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2011, 14:28:46 »

I for one will be buying any games in the future from Capcom used, if at all.  After the Ace Attorney Investigations 2 bull##### and now this, Capcom is dead to me.  It's clear unless a game will make not just a profit but a MEGA profit (no pun intended) they have no interest in releasing it.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2011, 16:42:58 »

Man, you guys.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2011, 16:52:42 »

Sadly, it's probably for the best that it's been cancelled.

Oh well...

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
NekoMaru
Metall

« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2011, 17:09:07 »

It's just one kick in the balls after another with capcom isn't it?

I'm in your Forum Reviving Yo Topics
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2011, 17:13:42 »

Okay, here's my piece.

I... just don't like the company. Their public relations is ridiculous, for one. Why would they ask for so much end user feedback on the development process (which I don't agree with ANYWAY) if they don't have enough end users to warrant developing a game? They have numbers they can look at for this kind of stuff. You don't go "Oh, well, it looks like nobody's going to BUY this game, but maybe if we're impossibly awesome enough we can garner interest from all over the globe, and then everyone will buy it!"
It sounds like a bloody Penny Arcade comic.

That's just begging to disappoint a load of people. How much money did they put into developing this game just to "realize" it wasn't going to work out and throw away everything they had? They should have known it would flop from the start. This isn't the sign of a GOOD company to start working on something and then throw it all away. GOOD companies have the foresight and knowledge not to start it in the first place.

Even the people IN the company are so obsessed with MegaMan that they're willing to convince the people higher up that they should try to make Legends 3, and everyone's surprised when it flops. Not even Capcom itself, a so-called profit-oriented company, is willing to let MegaMan just die and instead work purposely towards better AND more "financially viable" titles.
So I don't understand how anyone can defend Capcom. Either they're completely profit-oriented and yet CHOOSE to lose money, or they're divided as a company. Neither answer is a good one.

Still, I don't understand why anyone's angry. I for one can't be angry or surprised at Capcom because I don't expect any better from them. I have not seen a game developed by Capcom in years that I've liked or been at all interested in aside from MegaMan 9 and 10, and those were complete flukes as it is.
EDIT: Actually MM9 and 10 were produced by Capcom, not developed. I think. They might have been co-developed rather than solely developed by Inti Creates; I don't know for sure.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2011, 17:20:01 by Majikn » Logged

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2011, 19:53:36 »

Still, I don't understand why anyone's angry. I for one can't be angry or surprised at Capcom because I don't expect any better from them. I have not seen a game developed by Capcom in years that I've liked or been at all interested in aside from MegaMan 9 and 10, and those were complete flukes as it is.
EDIT: Actually MM9 and 10 were produced by Capcom, not developed. I think. They might have been co-developed rather than solely developed by Inti Creates; I don't know for sure.

Pretty much this. Even Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was a train wreck-- And now look what they're doing to DMC.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2011, 21:40:13 »

I think it's more annoying that they went all "Prototype will be released when the eShop launches! :D" and then delay it, and then cancel the whole damn thing, prototype included, without even giving it a damn chance. It's like they're waving a goddamn carrot in front of us, only to just throw it away... in an incinerator.

So, unless they announce Mega Man 11 or (god forbid) Mega Man X9, Mega Man is pretty much dead now. Unless they make a STAR FORCE 4!!!11!11
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 20 July 2011, 04:26:39 »

Seriously, you guys? That's a child's response.

I don't think you understand, or like Maj, not really care.

I'm not having a real fit and stomping my foot like a child. I could care less about playing games, they aren't vital in my life. I actually could care less about the Nintendo Wii U, PS4, or what else is coming this way. But the point is, the action Capcom has taken is enough to warrant, "Alright, this isn't right." and to many loyal fans who have been waiting for games like MM9 and MML3, we've waited for flop after flop for a change of heart.

This is a response to how I feel about the company. Note, I've felt this way for a LONG time, but I've been hopeful and optimistic about things. But this is just an insult to the fanbase.

This is a game that involved FAN input. This isn't just a shutdown of a game as you put it. It's a personal attack to all the fans. That's why I'm upset with Capcom. I feel you're just shrugging this off without knowing the facts.

-------- ALSO, THIS JUST IN -------------

Apparently, to Joseph Collins, this was really a setup. There's a good possibility that the whole thing was a scam to sell more Nintendo 3DS consoles. Also, other things noted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsW-OGcs7mE

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 20 July 2011, 15:06:29 »

No, that's not it. The image he used to propel that conspiracy theory is just a 'shoop. The post number it has is too low to be from the day before, posts on /v/ have numbers that go to the 100 millions. That post would have been made in January which we know from the post date that that's not true.

This is all just old disgruntled charimen at Capcom who are pissed at Inafune, their biggest name in the company, quitting.

orclev
Sniper Joe

« Reply #17 on: 20 July 2011, 20:17:11 »

I for one will be buying any games in the future from Capcom used, if at all.  After the Ace Attorney Investigations 2 bull##### and now this, Capcom is dead to me.  It's clear unless a game will make not just a profit but a MEGA profit (no pun intended) they have no interest in releasing it.

Ugh, this EXACTLY.  I just found out that they weren't going to be bringing that game over the US a few days ago, and now THIS?!  There is just no winning with this company.  :/

-----
~*~orclev~*~
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'Brien
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #18 on: 20 July 2011, 23:03:12 »

I saw this coming a mile away truthfully, but still.  Capcom can go #####ing eat a dick.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #19 on: 21 July 2011, 08:11:35 »

I'll just leave this here...

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 21 July 2011, 08:46:43 »

But there isn't an audience. That's the whole point. The people who ARE fans think that they're a sizable number, and that their petitions will make a difference, but in total they just don't add up.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #21 on: 21 July 2011, 08:55:58 »

I'm not disagreeing with you. As a fan, I don't think the numbers were there (for Capcom, at least), nor do I think any petition will work. The thing that miffed me was the tone that the fans weren't doing enough to warrant giving the game attention. I'm not saying that they're necessarily wrong with their assessment, but it felt like a big "##### you" to the people who did participate. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be interpreted as such, but that was my reaction towards it.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 21 July 2011, 23:45:47 »

Sorry, but I'm with Alec AL∑C.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 22 July 2011, 02:35:07 »

No, that's not it. The image he used to propel that conspiracy theory is just a 'shoop.

He made a follow up video, and said it was fake. You're right.

But here's his follow up. A lot that you already may or may not know.

What I found interesting, is that apparently, DASH 3 was the #1 trend in Japan right now, so Capcom saying that "there isn't an audience" is a complete and utter lie.

Even more so, this is also ridiculous: http://i.imgur.com/pasxW.jpg

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Professor Hazard
Noob

« Reply #24 on: 22 July 2011, 15:57:11 »

Ya know, whether or not any of this stuff is happening - or if this is just hearsay and rumors to froth up the already angry mob - Capcom has it coming. Mega Man built their empire, and they kicked him to the curb like a rented mule in gratitude. No other Capcom property has the heart and soul that comes along with the (admittedly splintered) universe of the Blue Bomber.

I'm used to seeing this ##### go on with the comic companies when a new douche-bone takes over at the helm and decides Superman needs a moustache or Aquaman is gay or whatever, but I really thought that after, I dunno, thirty Mega Man games, Capcom would have been okay with the profit model and just sequelized it forever. I can't imagine what goes through their minds.

Then again, I don't know what they were thinking when they released that collection on the Gamecube and reversed the jump and shoot buttons, either.

orclev
Sniper Joe

« Reply #25 on: 23 July 2011, 00:35:52 »

Even more so, this is also ridiculous: http://i.imgur.com/pasxW.jpg

If that part about the Tron cosplayer is true, then seriously what the ##### Capcom.  That is just petty and stupid.

EDIT:  This suggests that it isn't actually true, though:  http://twitter.com/#!/Capcom_Unity/status/94115858040881152

Seems like people will make up all kinds of stuff to make Capcom look even worse right now...
« Last Edit: 23 July 2011, 00:46:00 by orclev » Logged

-----
~*~orclev~*~
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'Brien
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #26 on: 23 July 2011, 02:00:09 »

They don't need to do much, Capcom has made themselves look pretty #####ty.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Laucorn
Metall

« Reply #27 on: 23 July 2011, 02:03:37 »

It is sad to see that the game is gone...I wonder what happens now.

LOL is awesome. Fail is forever.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 23 July 2011, 19:00:51 »

EDIT:  This suggests that it isn't actually true, though:  http://twitter.com/#!/Capcom_Unity/status/94115858040881152

Seems like people will make up all kinds of stuff to make Capcom look even worse right now...

Well, in my opinion, either party can't be trusted. One lies and blames the fans. The other is outraged and wanting payback.

But one thing is for certain, regardless if it's false or not, Rez is right. Capcom is a poor company.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 24 July 2011, 23:03:53 »

I liken Capcom's relationship with it's fans to that of a high school one. The two parties involved want the same thing but can't get over their own meandering bull##### enough for progress and just end up hating each other.

It's not entirely different from most arguments, really.

Superman needs a moustache

Professor Hazard
Noob

« Reply #30 on: 26 July 2011, 17:00:03 »

fund it

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Legends Series  |  : Legends 3 = Dead.
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string