MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 00:51:48
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Epidemic: Friendship is Magic
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: Epidemic: Friendship is Magic  (Read 14975 times)
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« on: 22 June 2011, 00:14:50 »

Haven't been around a whole lot but I know quite some people who are actually hooked on this show, and I'll proudly spill the beans on this: I'm one of them.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I want all of you hooked too.

And if you're not willing to cooperate, that's alright, I'll love you anyway.

Basically, I'm gonna lay down these few links here, and the rest of you can discuss.

If you want to view the show, it airs on The Hub, but you can access it easier on the internet through Youtube for example. It's done by the same people who did Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home, so you can already get an idea that this isn't going to be junk.

If you want a video-based summary of the show, here is an Oral Presentation describing the show.

MLP:FiM is also now a meme status: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

You can view all the episodes of Season 1 here. You can subscribe to them on Youtube as well. They are currently also planning on a Season 2.
MLP:FiM Episode Channel

As for all the haters out there, here is a recent radio broadcast talking about the popularity. Any male fan of the show is considered a "brony", and you can listen to the ridicule here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbFZ-adsKc8

Here is my comment on that video (which has received a lot of thumbs up):
"This whole video is just... ignorance. Just pure ignorance. You judge a book by it's cover, and you can't even say "4Chan" right. Heck, they didn't even know what 4Chan was?

Let's judge and make fun of someone for liking a show that's targeted for little girls without even doing any form of research as to WHY such a large male audience is hooked on it. And let's not even get the courage to watch an episode out of fairness.

I love MLP:FiM & proud to say it. Everything else on TV is crap anyway."

Other popular videos:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Physics Presentation
My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic - A Fan Game
Equestria Girls and an extended version for the insane

The above fan game I sent to JosephCollins, who's also a brony. His reaction? "I just crit my pants."

EDIT: Fixed 'epidemic'. Gave me eye cancer. ~WS
« Last Edit: 8 August 2011, 04:03:08 by ChaosVortex » Logged

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2011, 06:32:14 »

whats your angle

btw wb
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2011, 08:31:02 »

I immediately assume bad things about and take a stance against ANYTHING that is basically a toy franchise... not that I think I'm 100% correct in every single instance, but because I'm right so often that I have learned not to bother.

The closest thing to this that I tolerate are movies based on books. I tend to even avoid games based on movies or vice versa.

I enjoy that pretty much every fan of this show that I've seen so far types in an oddly coherent manner. I'm far beyond believing that such a characteristic makes one person better or even more intelligent than another (a lot of people I know who are smarter than me do not type at the level that I do), but it's something interesting to note.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2011, 10:16:16 »

Yay, another Brony!

Seriously, it's a good show. Their real target audience may be obvious, but it has the kind of humour everyone can get a laugh out of.

I love Rainbow Dash and Applejack. The latter for her dialect.

And the internet just makes it even better:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjkM_y-Wps&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: 22 June 2011, 10:27:31 by White Shadow » Logged

White Shadow
NekoMaru
Metall

« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2011, 19:38:39 »

Dear lord, first the Elsword forums now here! This shows popularity is spreading like a VIRUS! Thank god im immune to it.

I'm in your Forum Reviving Yo Topics
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2011, 21:05:12 »

I immediately assume bad things about and take a stance against ANYTHING that is basically a toy franchise... not that I think I'm 100% correct in every single instance, but because I'm right so often that I have learned not to bother.

The closest thing to this that I tolerate are movies based on books. I tend to even avoid games based on movies or vice versa.

I enjoy that pretty much every fan of this show that I've seen so far types in an oddly coherent manner. I'm far beyond believing that such a characteristic makes one person better or even more intelligent than another (a lot of people I know who are smarter than me do not type at the level that I do), but it's something interesting to note.

Transformers? sans Michael Bay
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2011, 22:02:06 »

I never really watched any iteration of Transformers.
I watched the first Transformers movie and that's pretty much it.

I'd say I watched Beasties but that doesn't really count, since I never really WATCHED anything religiously when shows like that were around. I just saw them on occasion when the TV was on.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 23 June 2011, 01:26:18 »

I hate horses.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2011, 04:32:11 »

Thanks for the edit Kian.

btw wb

Thanks, but I'm not hanging around as often as I used to. I just wanted to spread the word in an ol' community.

Yay, another Brony!

*HIGH FIVE*

Dude, seriously. I got into the hype out of curiousity when I watched a certain video on Yout-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjkM_y-Wps&feature=player_embedded

THAT WAS IT!

*High fives again*

I hate horses.

Mike, honestly, your opinion on the show was what I was waiting for. My thought process went from, "He might like it, the animation is nice and..." to, "Nope. He hates horses."

Glad to know I was spot on at least.

Anyway... this is good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PttBQO8T4e4

Posted on: 23 June 2011, 03:11:28

Also, check out RainbowCrash88's music. He does some pretty good 8-bit tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RainbowCrash88?blend=3&ob=5

Listen to his 8-bit "At the Gala" and read the comments.

Yes, Daniel Ingram, one of the composers for the show, actually helped him a little on the song. Here's a quote from the man himself for confirmation:

RainbowCrash88 did a great job, I just corrected a couple chords in one short section, but it was 99.99% all him. I have huge respect for his 8-bit versions which require a lot of creativity with limited resources.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 23 June 2011, 06:12:51 »

I'd like to mention that Craig McCracken's (creator of shows such as Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) wife, who has helped Craig on all of his projects, directs this show. And it has just as much charm as those shows did.

I haven't watched many episodes, and I don't consider myself a brony, but it is indeed a very good show.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 25 June 2011, 03:12:00 »

Haha I don't really care about horses, I'm just not exactly interested. I mean... You're not selling it..

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 25 June 2011, 03:27:03 »

Nah. In fact, I don't really even recommend buying the toys, games, and stuff like that. Although, Hasbro really doesn't mind if you do. They leave the MLP episodes that people upload online because to them, it's free marketing. I just wouldn't recommend it because... even though you're enjoying the show, I do think it's another thing to get the merchandise.

But I do enjoy fan works and spoofs like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO9Zcr3u-XA&feature=feedlik

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 25 June 2011, 09:29:53 »

I don't think you need to SAY that buying My Little Pony merchandise is a wholly inappropriate act... that's something that can be left off the table.

How many episodes of this did you watch before you decided it was good? I think I watched enough to decide I'm not really interested.

I kind of disagree vehemently that it's the best show on the entirety of TV. I can imagine from what I've seen of it that there's a lot of good things going for it, but it's not my cup of tea. And that might be weird because I actually like Phineas and Ferb, which is a Disney cartoon, but that show pushes it a bit. I watch it (though haven't done so in quite a while) because I really enjoy pretty much every single character... and that's hard to do.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 25 June 2011, 15:48:37 »

I didn't say it's inappropriate. I just said I wouldn't recommend it. If that's your thing though, more power to ya.

Also, I don't think it's the best show on TV. I won't even get into a debate about that.

And like most people, I curiously decided to watch the first episode, which turned out to be a two-part episode, so to be fair, I watched the second one. Then after seeing the ending, it seemed appropriate to watch the third episode to understand what the fuss was about with the show. I ended up watching the next episode too.

Next thing I know, I'm at episode 16. I don't know how that happened...

But to note, I've seen the whole first season now, and I wouldn't mind rewatching any of the episodes.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 26 June 2011, 06:20:58 »

You said: "Everything else on TV is crap anyway."

IMPLICATIONS

I know you didn't say it's inappropriate to buy My Little Pony merchandise, but it just is... you're discussing this with a demographic of mostly guys over 20 years of age. It's beyond my strength of will not to judge someone with a collection of colourful pony figures.
Actually it's not at all beyond me, but I would still probably make a weird face and then open my mouth and then you'd feel the air vibrating but hear nothing.
And then I'd run away, puking out my eyes.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 28 June 2011, 01:27:07 »

I like Disney cartoons...

They're how I make my cheddar.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 28 June 2011, 01:56:42 »

This amuses me greatly.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 9 July 2011, 04:21:46 »

Am I the only one here who still thinks ponies are for girls?

And since when do ponies have WINGS? or HATS?

##### YOUR PONIES

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 9 July 2011, 05:07:47 »

I have a friend who got hooked on this. She likes one of the ponies a lot because I think it's implied that she's a lesbian, as is my friend. So now I get annoying picture texts all the time with cute little ponies in them.

Here's my stance on the show: out of curiosity, I watched the first episode a while back when this craze first started. I think it's entertaining and definitely in the same vein as Powerpuff Girls, which I loved. Still, it wasn't enough for me to actually want to watch more. I think a lot of the appeal for the male fans is that it's something so far off their usual radar that they get even more enjoyment out of it than they actually should. Kind of like a really quiet white kid who gets into hardcore rap, or a housewife who sits at home all day watching action movies. It's a forbidden territory, so that makes it more exciting.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 9 July 2011, 08:19:03 »

Eh, the pony craze started way earlier for some of us. My girlfriend and some people from my WoW-Guild are calling Draenei 'Ponies', so our TeamSpeak was filled with "Yay, Pony!" exclamations long before this series went on the air. It's more like pouring fuel on the all-consuming sun of death...

White Shadow
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 9 July 2011, 23:49:43 »

The pony craze we're talking about here is really just the new My Little Pony thing though, not so much the concept of ponies in general being popular.

I personally can't be arsed to check the new show even if it is like Powerpuff Girls, sorry.

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 17 July 2011, 22:34:27 »

Though I admit that there are some pretty decent aspects of the new show, I don't understand the apparent craze.

Nostalgia? Not for me; I only played with the toys.

In the sense of personal enjoyment, I'm not a big fan. However, if this is something Lizzie watches as she gets older, I think I could tolerate it.

That's nice, dear.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 18 July 2011, 22:46:39 »

Make her watch Lizzie Maguire instead.

It had a Carradine in it!

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 19 July 2011, 10:53:42 »

Her daddy already has her "watching" Power Rangers.

That's nice, dear.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 21 July 2011, 23:41:30 »

Pout.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 22 July 2011, 06:34:18 »

I doubt she'd actually watch it, unless she's on the net. That's what everybody is doing.

MLP, like a lot of other shows, is a fad. And like most fads, will die over time. Probably in the next 2-4 years.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 24 July 2011, 22:41:49 »

2-4 months, I hope.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 25 July 2011, 08:45:31 »

Meany!

White Shadow
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 26 July 2011, 03:31:46 »

I... tried watching it. It didn't do anything for me. I thought I'd like it because I LOVED the Powerpuff Girls.

Oh right, speaking of Powerpuff Girls I had a dream last night where Him took over a department store and he also took over Christmas and made giant christmas themed toys attack people and then he started cutting people in half with his claws and then the powerpuff girls showed up and he said HELLOOOOOO POWERPUFF GIIIIRLS.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 26 July 2011, 05:39:21 »

I had a dream about popping a pimple but it was actually one of my balls and the pus wasn't pus but my seed and it didn't hurt until I realized what I had done.

I couldn't look at my balls or pop a pimple for a week without wanting to gag.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 27 July 2011, 03:48:20 »

What the #####, why are we talking about that?

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 27 July 2011, 04:40:57 »

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 27 July 2011, 06:11:57 »

Did this place turn gay while I was off sucking dick?
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 27 July 2011, 15:18:52 »

>: (
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 28 July 2011, 23:18:18 »

JC, your post is deemed perfectly relevant, but please don't bring it up again.

I... tried watching it. It didn't do anything for me. I thought I'd like it because I LOVED the Powerpuff Girls.

People tried to win me over with the PPG arguement.

No dice here, either. I just really can't grasp the mania. I mean, sure, it's not horrible, and even entertaining at times, but it's not as great as people are making it out to be, in my opinion.

That's nice, dear.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 29 July 2011, 08:55:32 »

John's post is STILL making me laugh.

I have a weird sense of humour apparently.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 4 August 2011, 17:02:35 »

Made me laugh too.

As did Sano's.

As did Snare's more.

As didn't Opal's, though.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 4 August 2011, 22:53:03 »

I'm still having nightmares guys.

And apparently I'm sleepwalking now. I got up and moved stuff around in my room last night.
I'm scared I'm gonna pop my nuts while I'm sleeping :(

Another reason to get drunk nightly, I can't sleep walk if I'm to drunk to regular walk!

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 4 August 2011, 23:29:34 »

I have an idea and it's crazy enough to work.

First we get like, molten steel and then we dip John's dangly-clackers in it! And after it cools, he'll have a nice strong metal casing around it! Invincible!
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 5 August 2011, 03:31:24 »

Balls of steel and a gold member.
New life goals.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 5 August 2011, 17:45:10 »

He's got the Midas touch,
but he touched it too muuuuuuch!
Hey, Goldmember!
Hey,
!

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 27 November 2011, 21:04:30 »

This guy so far has been doing a parody each time an episode from season 2 comes out.

I think this was excellent though.

http://mrponiator.deviantart.com/art/Foal-Do-Well-271118079

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 28 November 2011, 01:46:21 »

Okay, so all my friends in Ottawa love the show, they had me watch a few episodes of it and I think I actually like it now!

I found a character I like a lot so, yeah, I take back what I said earlier.
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 28 November 2011, 03:58:25 »

I still don't see why people find it so "addicting".

I actually got Ray to watch a couple episodes, though. He livestreamed it. It was fantastic.

That's nice, dear.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 28 November 2011, 18:46:58 »

Fandumb is Tragic.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 28 November 2011, 22:37:38 »

: ( Don't be grumpy Sano, here I drew you as a horse

THIS IS MY 1000ST POST! SEND THIS TO 15 PEOPLE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS OR YOU WILL SUFFER THE CURSE
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 28 November 2011, 23:42:14 »

CARROT-BOTTOM!

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 29 November 2011, 04:41:52 »

but but but i dont know 15 people waaaaaaaaaaah
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 2 December 2011, 04:19:07 »

hey is for horse
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 6 December 2011, 01:57:14 »

You do say that a lot.

Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Epidemic: Friendship is Magic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string