MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
16 April 2024, 11:55:58
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Vote for Mega Man as DLC!!
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Vote for Mega Man as DLC!!  (Read 8786 times)
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« on: 15 February 2011, 03:52:01 »

Capcom Unity is having an official tally on their forums where you may write down your top 5 for DLC for both Marvel and Capcom sides in MvC3. Please visit and show a little Mega Man love.

P.S. A lot of people seem to want Mega Man X as well.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2011, 04:06:03 »

I want Classic more than X, but X would still be pretty badass to see.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2011, 04:14:54 »

I want X. Classic was in MvC2.

Link?

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2011, 04:25:58 »

Here you go.

And I want Classic because we already got Zero representing the X series. But like I said, I'd still be fine with it if X got in instead.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2011, 05:07:45 »

Someone give me a bunch of other ideas on who to vote for. At this point I honestly care very little about Marvel vs. Capcom 3 but I am willing to help.

Marvel and Capcom characters alike.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2011, 05:34:52 »

You can vote for more than one mega man.

Other ideas for capcom characters:

Strider, Captain Commando, Jin.

Marvel ideas:

Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl, Spider Woman, Venom, Ghost Rider
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 15 February 2011, 14:52:17 »

My votes were for

1) Nina 2 (Breath of Fire)
2) Strider Hiryu
3) Phoenix Wright
4) Mega Man X
5) Gene (Godhand)

I've seen a LOT of X, Phoenix Wright and Strider votes though.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2011, 19:27:00 »

Okay, see, I WOULD vote, but I actually can't. I registered and they won't send a confirmation email so I can activate my account. They just refuse to do this. At first I thought I entered in the email wrong but it clearly wasn't that because after a second try it's still not sending.

Inquiries about this take 5 days for a response, and since I don't check every day and my previous inquiry was over 5 days ago I guess I won't be able to vote.

This turned out to be more work than necessary.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #8 on: 28 February 2011, 02:10:13 »

Phoenix Wright would've been the worst use of a character slot.

I'm personally pushing for Classic Mega, Megaman.EXE and Bass.EXE. The latter two would be very interesting. Classic Mega is just mandatory vote.

I AM DJSonic!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 28 February 2011, 14:04:50 »

Phoenix Wright would've been the worst use of a character slot.

Go ##### yourself.  I'm not kidding or bantering here.  The possibilities for a fun, functional and unique move set are high and reasonably easy to come up with.  He fits in just as well as non fighting game character in any of these fighting games.  Bottom line is, he'd be a fun character to add and there's a reason why he constantly tops polls, people WANT to play him.  The attitude of people like you who think there's some damn rule against fun in these cross over games and they have to be populated by a certain type of character is tiring and just plain stupid.  I don't really care if you're just trolling, because it stopped being cute a LONG time ago.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2011, 14:11:13 »

He'd have to be weaker than Dan, and since everyone in MvC3 is gratuitously powerful for balance reasons, I don't see that being an easy thing to do to Pheonix Wright.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 28 February 2011, 19:19:09 »

He could pull a large judgement hammer out of NOWHERE.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #12 on: 28 February 2011, 19:35:25 »

He'd have to be weaker than Dan, and since everyone in MvC3 is gratuitously powerful for balance reasons, I don't see that being an easy thing to do to Pheonix Wright.

Relative power has nothing to do with it.  Most of the combatants are simply NOT on the same level of power and have no business fighting each other.  For the sake of these games, everyone is able to compete evenly.  Phoenix Wright beating Galactus makes JUST as much sense as Ryu beating Galactus, ie NONE.  It's just for fun, like any of these mash up vs games are simply because they take popular characters who may or may not even BE fighters to begin with and who all have wildly varying power levels.  This is a non issue.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 1 March 2011, 01:15:14 »

Hey Rez.

Assume Less.

You know what they say about assumptions.

Also, I'm not trolling. Whether that was obvious or not really doesn't matter.

I AM DJSonic!
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 1 March 2011, 02:24:25 »

Yeah, we need as much activity here as possible. Ostracizing is counterproductive.

I like Zero 1, ZX, and AX:Z.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 1 March 2011, 05:53:59 »

Trolling = "Phoenix Wright would've been the worst use of a character slot."

Whether you think it is or not.

You're ALLOWED to say your opinion, however no one digs the whole anti-statement thing when it begs the question, "Why do you think so?" WITHOUT an actual answer.

I think Mega Man would get a character slot over Phoenix Wright any day, but not necessarily because he's the better choice. He's just more popular, I would think.

Anyway this all came off a lot angrier than it was supposed to, given that I'm not mad. Pretty much all I'm saying is I took one look at your post and I figured you should've seen this coming.
« Last Edit: 1 March 2011, 06:11:48 by Majikn » Logged

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #16 on: 1 March 2011, 06:36:05 »

I just offered my stated opinion. There was no use of "emoticon", no sassy remark... just a straight statement.

I don't like Phoenix Wright. I think the games are "overrated" and I don't see Wright as a viable fighter. Maybe I haven't played the series enough. Maybe I didn't take into consideration that he could be a logical joke character.

Maybe Rez took ##### too seriously and needs to calm down.

Maybe I should keep my opinions to myself.

Maybe... Abe should finish the front page for MMM. 8D

Also, notice Rez didn't actually ask anyway. Maybe I just felt like stating what I thought and would consider saying so after someone asked. Instead, he assumed a bunch of #####, went off the wall and "out bitched" me before I even opened my mouth in retort. Hm... Seems a bit much.

Ya know, after all... it's a #####ing video game. Get over yourselves.

Anyway, if I'm not childishly banned by the time I decide to check for a reply on this, I hope I'll come back to some level-headed responses. Not that yours wasn't, Majikn.

NOTE: Oh and for clarification, when I say "Get over yourselves" I strictly mean who that applies to. Anyone that is taking this so seriously they get rageface over some guy's opinion miles away... they need a chill pill. This doesn't apply to anyone who really doesn't give a ##### what I think.

I AM DJSonic!
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 1 March 2011, 07:51:02 »

Fair enough. I probably have no business bringing up how arguments should be provided for in a forum anyway, because I'm not a mod here and the community that I am the admin for is actually quite informal in manners of discussion. (Not that MMM isn't.)

I should say that it's nice to have you here and it's nice to hear a different opinion. It's just how it can be interpreted sometimes. Also, I know I (for one) tend to provide a rebuttal even when given nothing to refute. I might try to discern a person's reasoning beforehand. It's an assumption but also kind of an educated guess to help bring the topic somewhere on the off chance that I'm correct.

I don't think you'd be banned over this.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 1 March 2011, 08:54:17 »

Sounds logical to me, honestly. *shrugs* I'm known for my "radical" opinions and while they are "out there" at times... well, if we get past the "oh noes, u hav teh opposite thoughts of myne" my reasons are pretty logical. Or at least I have applicable reasons of taste for my opinion.

It's like comparing food... there's no real standard there. Some people like fish, some people can't stand the taste of fish. Everyone's got a family meatloaf recipe that they swear up and down is superior to their neighbor's recipe.

It's all a matter of taste. And while some will bring up the "burnt food is bad food" analogy... ya know what? Some people LIKE the burnt parts of food. One man's junk is another man's treasure... all that jazz.

Phoenix Wright? That's my junk. Your guys' treasure... so ya know what? I apologize. That was actually careless and inconsiderate of me to call someone else's possible favorite character or treasured person, the "worst" choice in something. I laughed a few times at his shenanigans, I can see why he'd be an endearing fellow. I'll acknowledge that and humble my ass a bit for once.

... This got longer than I thought it would be. *shrugs* Never the less, I think you all get what I mean. Humility never hurt anyone, so I apologize.

On the last note... Eh, I've been banned for less in my long history of bans. But on the same token, I think in our old age, us Matricians have gotten a bit soft and honestly don't care anymore. I also don't put it past Rez to get pissed off enough. He's always been strong willed and heavily invested in his love for the games he plays.

But, I guess I just got a little irritated at his response the second time I looked and expected the worst. Silly me.

I AM DJSonic!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 1 March 2011, 16:52:38 »

I'm ALMOST offended you'd think I'd ban someone over a difference of opinion.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #20 on: 1 March 2011, 21:25:52 »

I'm ALMOST offended you'd think I'd ban someone over a difference of opinion.

SILLY ME!

Anyway, speaking of Phoenix Wright, how many games are in the series? I played the first one all the way to the last case, but the person who had the game flew away so I couldn't finish. Funds are lacking, but I might be interested in giving the series a try. My fiancée might actually find the games worth playing too, due to the style of game.

I AM DJSonic!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 1 March 2011, 22:07:55 »

5 Games so far, with a 6th due out later this year.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Justice for All
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations

All of those are fantastic, though 2 is probably the weakest overall, but still excellent.

Apollo Justice Ace Attorney

I thought the game was ok, it has a good cast and soundtrack, but some serious flaws compared to the first 3.

Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth

This is a spin off, and plays more like the old sierra style adventure games, but it's still solidly Ace Attorney.  I highly recommend it, though the game will be better enjoyed if you've played the first 3 Phoenix Wright games.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #22 on: 2 March 2011, 02:23:28 »

Hm. They're all DS right?

Might as well get started. I think I can get the first two pretty cheap at Gamestop. The others might be harder to find, considering how lame GS is around here.

Tried to get Suikoden 3 (for collection purposes, great series and this one had a good story, but a lack luster overall product, easily the X7 of the series), but the only one in all the state is more than 5 hours away or some #####.

I AM DJSonic!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #23 on: 2 March 2011, 14:39:48 »

They're all rather hard to find around here, especially 1 and 2.  Even Apollo Justice and Trials and Tribulations are pretty rare.  The only one I see with any frequency is Investigations.  The first game came out in like, 2006, so that's pretty old for a very popular game to still be showing up at Gamestop.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 7 March 2011, 00:00:48 »

I seriously only ever found the second one (which I bought) and the third (which I didn't and kick myself for all the time) ever. EVER. I've really never even SEEN boxes or carts of any other Ace Attorney or branch-off series.

I might have seen the "COMING SOON" stuff for the Edgeworth game but I'm not even certain of that.

DeadBrain
Noob

« Reply #25 on: 7 March 2011, 17:41:21 »

Sorry, don't know too much about Phoenix Wright to know if I want him there.

I feel as though I should play the games though. That good?

Anyway, I'd want Mega man in here, but everyone in MvC3 brings in some kind of flavor, and they tried their best to remove I guess "character clones" or something, like how the Fantastic Four had Super Skrull in this. Would anyone here feel that Megaman had his own great gameplay style that would have fit in again? (Sorry, never used him much.)
NekoMaru
Metall

« Reply #26 on: 7 March 2011, 18:36:40 »

X came out on top on the polls now we just have to hope capcom dosn't ##### up, ignore us and put in some random character nobody wants in the game.

I'm in your Forum Reviving Yo Topics
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 8 March 2011, 14:13:53 »

They already did that with arguably half the cast.  And they've already set the DLC from what I've read, so the polls are really even more meaningless than they were before.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Vote for Mega Man as DLC!!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string