MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
16 April 2024, 18:10:25
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Inafune Quits
Pages: « 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Inafune Quits  (Read 29216 times)
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #50 on: 2 November 2010, 03:49:25 »

Th-Th-Thirteen!? The kid became a prosecutor at the age of THIRTEEN!?

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #51 on: 2 November 2010, 03:50:28 »

What kind of a foolishly foolish fool would dare foolishly say such a foolishly foolish statement. Only a fool would foolishly be foolish enough to not know...

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #52 on: 2 November 2010, 04:15:05 »

Yeah really, Ares, what gives man. HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW!?
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #53 on: 2 November 2010, 04:34:28 »

I don't know everything. Tell me which game series and why I should even know in the first place?

Wait... Phoenix Wright stuff? That is my only guess and I didn't even BOTHER to play that series past most of the first game. It was horribly overrated and overhyped.

No offense.

I AM DJSonic!
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #54 on: 2 November 2010, 05:15:12 »

I'm going to whip you now you naughty child. >:(
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #55 on: 2 November 2010, 06:49:05 »

Honestly, I only knew because I right clicked the image and clicked "Properties" and then I googled the name.

I should pick up a Wright game fo' sure, and not fo' show.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #56 on: 2 November 2010, 09:08:13 »

Interview between Inafune and 4Gamer on the matter.

Very interesting and insightful to the Japanese gaming industry.

Not to say Western developers don't have their share of problems as well. But I guess it wouldn't hurt if companies would take some cues from their oversea neighbors.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #57 on: 2 November 2010, 16:59:47 »

It was horribly overrated and overhyped.

You are dead to me.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #58 on: 2 November 2010, 20:16:16 »

Yeah...

Believe me, I didn't get the hype either and thought it was just some good strategy game that everyone is just going nuts about. It's not.

After playing it, I realized that I was missing out on one of the greatest games ever created.

Posted on:  2 November 2010, 19:55:24

I'm reading this interview, and I absolutely love this man. I'd say he's pretty honorable and has his head screwed on right and pretty tight. This is an example of what I loved to hear:

=== Wanting to save Capcom but not being able to: is Inafune not needed? ===

4G: So why do you want to go to all the trouble of saving Capcom?

KI: Because I love Capcom. Of the 25 years I've been in the industry, for 23 years I was just working at Capcom. Not going to another job, not knowing other companies, just wanting to improve Capcom.

4G: It's not like you're running away, but how to say, perhaps it was a matter of you having to put up with a lot of things.

KI: This situation is, to make a poor analogy, like in a long marriage, where splitting up isn't a matter of hating the other person. Capcom is a great company and I really love it. That won't change with me quitting. I'll always be a Capcom fan.

I'm also an Osaka fan, so if I were a pro baseball player, I'd want to play for the Hanshin Tigers. Even though the Kyojin Giants pay more, I'd want to play for Hanshin. I'd play to win.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #59 on: 2 November 2010, 21:39:46 »

It was horribly overrated and overhyped.

You are dead to me.

Nothing new there. >_>

I'll try to give it another try when i have money to waste, which isn't very often mind you.

As for the Inafune interview... I dunno Chaos, he sounded like he was more of an arrogant nutjob than a guy who has his chickens counted. Maybe we're reading the wrong interview or something, but he just sounds like he had finally lost it or something and went off the deep end. He STILL seems to think that Capcom needs him to survive when he really hasn't done anything THAT amazing.

The fanbase gives this guy too much credit and that allows him to grow such a big head. General human error aside, we are to blame as a collective for his obvious madness.

(Note: Phoenix Wright, where I'M from, recieved about as much overhype as Final Fantasy 7 did... and honestly, it is just a crime investigation game that involves you using various new methods (read: gimmicks) to solve a crime each time. Sorry... nothing is worth that much hype, let alone that. The fanbase is just as bad as Gurren Lagann, constantly spouting stuff that only people who play the games would understand, in neutral or mixed conversations, making total asses of themselves.)

I AM DJSonic!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #60 on: 2 November 2010, 21:44:20 »

By the sound of things, he's saying he just has a passion for making games that Capcom seems to be lacking. So far, I'm going to go by what he says because he pushed to get Legends 3 out there. He also pushed to get the Classic Series back in motion. He pushes for good games. Capcom makes games like X6 behind his back, puts other people in charge for games like BN4, and you can get the picture.

We grew up with classics like Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X.

They've been making games lately like Mega Man ZX and Starforce.

Mind you in my opinion, Starforce isn't BAD. It's just, let's be honest. It's BN7. Starforce 2 is BN8. And Starforce 3 is BN9. There isn't ANYTHING different or new to it besides the fact that you have a 3D battle. In fact, that was the only new fresh breath of air I got out of it. The rest of it was just the same old thing, and it gets old real quick.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #61 on: 2 November 2010, 21:58:51 »

Be that as it may, I still beg to differ on a lot of things, it isn't like he solely made the games and he even admitted on a number of occasions that he leaves a lot of the writing to other individuals. Writing like X4. Writing like Megaman 9. The very stuff that he gets praised for... when he honestly doesn't have that much to do with it.

He pushes for games? Then why the ##### is he LEAVING when he finally gets the game started? That shows bad, TERRIBLE initiative. He is leaving when his supposed "dream game" is starting? Who the hell does that? I have no respect for the man, if he was a real man, he'd swallow his bull##### excuses and stick it through until Legends 3 is finished.

Instead he jumps ship, with nothing more than a bloody 3 day notice in a very drama queen fashion and expects people to care? I won't fall into that dribble. I used to pull that ##### when I was a little kid, right here on MMM. Getting banned and then expecting people to give a #####. It is the same bullcrap, only he is a grown #####ing man, that made promises and obligations when he made that video about Legends 3.

It was like lying to the fans and they suck it up like it's candy. Then when he announces he is leaving, the same people suck it up and act like he is some savior going off to battle the evil dragon...

Or worse, that their lord and savior has LOST to the "evil dragon" that is Capcom and they mourn for him when he was really just a pussy about it. Sorry, but the whole thing really just gives me a sour taste. He isn't some great man. He isn't some great figure that people place him as. He's just a man that had disagreements with the way his bosses manage things and thusly, he's bowing out very unprofessionally.

I AM DJSonic!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #62 on: 2 November 2010, 22:07:14 »

Each to his own I guess. But I do understand him even though he's leaving in the middle of Legends 3. If someone is unwilling to work with something you love to do, I'd leave too. There's something better out there, and I wouldn't put up with that crap. He's already explained in the interview why there's so many other people working for Mega Man games and all he seems to get out of it is just an "OK" and it's on store shelves.

To be honest, I WANTED to be a game designer. Now I'm going to be a teacher. Why? Because I like making others happy and working with the upcoming generation. By the sound of things, that's what Inafune does. He just wants to make games. Capcom is focused on numbers. That's what made me choose to change my personal career choice: I don't want to work under a company. If you wanna call his leave a bad decision, that's up to you. I'm not saying he's a freaking hero over this, but that I think his decision isn't necessarily a bad one. He's sticking his head out from being "comfortable" to get working. That's what EVERYONE should be focusing on nowadays, but let's be honest. When it comes down to it, some people are selfish and just want the money. The focus of a job is "what can I do to help you?", not the other way around. That's what I got out of this interview. I didn't read it as Inafune being whiny and spineless.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #63 on: 2 November 2010, 22:21:54 »

I suppose there will always be a difference of opinion. This is the same crap that I hear in America. You know what is so funny? You're gonna be in the SAME damn situation. You're always gonna have to answer to someone as a teacher. You're going to have to answer to your boss, the principal. The board of directors and what have you. There is a whole ##### load of political BS that goes on in the teaching game that is often FAR WORSE than what happens here in gaming.

You'll get screwed over one day and lose your passion as a teacher or end up having to rage quit because of the very same reasons. Or one of your students will press charges against you in a sexual harassment case that you had no way of committing.

MY point is that life isn't fair, business is business. It is ALL about the money and always will be. There is no room for people like us anymore. Idealists that want to aspire to something better, for the people to make them happy, to give them a better foot hold on life or produce things that would bring smiles to their faces.

Me? I wanted to be a psychologist. Sadly, people #####ing suck and it never works out like you expect it. In honesty, I hope the best for you. Hell, I even hope that Inafune gets what he wants out of this... but he won't. I know he won't, he'll be just as pissed over his decision now than he was with being with Capsule Computer.

As for you... I hope your career works out, because we need better teachers. We need teachers that give a ##### about their students. I am where I am today because of the failure school system that we have, not that I don't like who I am. I'm proud of what I've done with what little I have, it is more than a lot of people I know can say. But it is what it is. I would've been a "better" person if I had teachers, principals, councilors and a buncha other stuff that gave a hoot.

... Eh, I could go on and on. I think my mind is settled. Good luck, CV.

I AM DJSonic!
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #64 on: 3 November 2010, 01:12:04 »

tl;dr

Someone sum these past walls of text up for me.

And damn, Ares, that Deej avatar confuses me.

White Shadow
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #65 on: 3 November 2010, 01:20:33 »

If you mean the interview, just skim it. You'll get a good idea.

If you mean the conversation with Ares... tl;dr version:

Me: Just read the interview. I respect Inafune a bit more now.
Ares: Respect? He's gone off the deep end.
Me: Yeah, because he has a passion for making games and Capcom's in the way of that.
Ares: Passion. Right. That's why he's ditching Legends 3 as soon as it starts. He's just one big sorry sap.
Me: Is not!
Ares: Is too!
Me: Is not!
Ares: Is too!
Me: I'm going to be a teacher!
Ares: Good for you!

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #66 on: 3 November 2010, 01:22:56 »

Thanks.

White Shadow
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #67 on: 3 November 2010, 01:41:06 »

Excellent summary, dear Watson.

Also, until DJ comes BACK to claim his title, I have to make up for our loss of our old friend.

That and well, he changed his profile to match mine in a very ninja-esque style. He hasn't been back since. There cannot be two Aresii.

I AM DJSonic!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #68 on: 3 November 2010, 03:22:36 »

Why do I always feel like I should hug you AND punch you?

Inafune is a complete crazy, yeah, but he was our crazy.
... sort of.

I still hope he winds up doing well.
Hell, maybe he'll buddy up with someone else and do some real damage here.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #69 on: 3 November 2010, 04:53:46 »

I'm sure you aren't the only one who feels that way, Chron. I get that a lot. XD I say things that people don't want to say or realize is partially true, but just horrible to hear.

I'm that annoying voice in the corner of your mind that screams "I told you so!" when you do something wrong, knowing it was wrong, but still did it anyway because you wanted to be stubborn about it. I'm... an annoying bastard, to put it blankly.

That is why I wanted to be a psychiatrist and then quickly changed my mind.

No one ever listens. The old saying is true really... "When you're right, no one remembers. When you're wrong, no one forgets."

Not that I'm saying I'm COMPLETELY right here, as it isn't so much right and wrong, so much so that it is a matter of logistics. Logistics that Inafune is very idealistic and one-sided on, mind you.

Honestly, before this? I was pretty big on Inafune. I thought he got way too much flak over X7, something he wasn't even into really. The whole "If it goes well, Capcom gets praised. If it goes poorly, Inafune gets blamed" is really true... and sad. But as I said, a lot of his insanity and ego is fanbase blame. I hope he finds solace in all this bull#####.

I AM DJSonic!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #70 on: 3 November 2010, 05:24:53 »

I don't know if this is old news, but I was just randomly on Facebook and I looked up Keiji Inafune. Obviously he has a fan page, but I guess recently, he joined Facebook.

Inafune has been reading comments since October 1st on the Inafune fan page, both good and bad. He first asked if it was a fan page, gave a heads up of his existance, and his reply to a discussion about Legends 3 was a mere "..."

If he could be reading this, that may be a possibility.

I wonder if any fan comments encouraged him to leave?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #71 on: 3 November 2010, 06:13:54 »

I doubt it, but I wish he'd read the stuff I've been saying here and at RPM. Maybe he'd realize how stupid he sounds.

Or he'd just go about his business unaffected by "silly americana" or what have you. I shall stalk this hard.

I AM DJSonic!
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #72 on: 3 November 2010, 06:35:56 »

The whole thing that I'm getting from you, Ares, is that people paint him as a hero/saviour while you get away with going the other extreme with pretty unfair slander, saying stuff like he was "butthurt" about his character not winning, which I wanted to comment on earlier. As if someone would quit his 20+ year job over something like that.

I'll give you that Inafune seems to have a large ego, but this is hypocritical.
How about we just agree that he ain't all that? Let's say "We" expect much from him, we hope for his future, and we're sad that he felt he had to deny himself the opportunity to work on the next installment in his favourite series. I'm absolutely sure he felt it was more of a personal sacrifice than an abandonment of his fans.

MegaMan games seem pretty hit-or-miss these days regardless of Inafune. I don't know if Capcom would fare worse without him, but losing him sure couldn't help any.

I say all this from the view of an emotionally detached observer. I don't really have any loyalty to MegaMan or Inafune as it is today, so your words don't bother me per se, I just think you're being unfair is all. He's just a famous dude, his words are looked upon with more scrutiny than most, but he's allowed to quit his job if he wants, and he's allowed to say how he feels.

And after all, he might possibly make the best game ever and prove you wrong.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #73 on: 3 November 2010, 06:44:19 »

I welcome him to prove me wrong, don't mistake me. And in fact, I used to be a great supporter of Inafune... I just dislike wrongly and poorly deduced idealism. About things like Capitalism and Western Idealism, about things such as high ego and overanalyzing of one's own skill. These things highly irk me, they piss me off. I do honestly wish him the best in what he does... as I do in all people. Just how I am. But while I "love all things" I also hate everything too and am the kind of person that will kick you in the nuts if I think it'll make you a better person.

It is a failing of mine, but it is a part of who I am. I'm not doing this in some misguided attempt to be 'different' from everyone else. I'm doing this because I feel very strongly towards his decisions and the illogical madness that has sprung up from all of this.

And... the whole part about him quitting over his art was actually a joke. >_> I'm not that stupid. I'm pretty #####ing dumb, but not that much. That takes more idealism than he has to believe. I just thought it was a cute coincidence, not to be taken truly serious.

I AM DJSonic!
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #74 on: 3 November 2010, 07:22:18 »

I have idealist rants all the time, I kinda see where he's coming from. It'd help if an article got someone's opinion from Capcom on the stuff he's saying, or at least someone with an opposing view who knows their #####.

Still, he's staked his whole career on his ideas. You might call him a fool but that takes balls.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #75 on: 3 November 2010, 08:51:38 »

It does. Or you have to be insane.

Probably both. If he thinks this was the right idea, go ahead I guess. But what results because of it, he will have to accept.

And that, he did say he was fine with. Win or lose, it will be Inafune either way.

I AM DJSonic!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #76 on: 3 November 2010, 12:07:20 »

I have no idea why you decided against psychology, Deej.  You seem well suited for it.
Maybe it's the stress of having to deal with the kids at RPM or something like that.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #77 on: 3 November 2010, 14:21:53 »

Really? I think he'd end up causing more distress in his patients through his issuing of nut-kicking routines.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #78 on: 3 November 2010, 18:37:53 »

i thought that was what psychology was
my mom has a phd in the subject and that's all i ever get from the woman
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #79 on: 3 November 2010, 18:47:53 »

I don't normally post confidential information like Facebook posts.

[spoiler]But I just became friends with him on Facebook. We've been supporting him on his wall, and Keiji had this to say.

あなたがすべてのように私にはいいです、私はリアルタイムで今泣いています。私はすでに述べたように、私は自分の仕事を嫌っていました。私は冗談ではない!ENGLISH: You all are so nice to me, I am crying now in real. Like I already said, I hated my job. I am not kidding!

You can call me soft, but I don't really care. I appreciate his work and his dedication. I wish I could give him a pat on the back.[/spoiler]

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #80 on: 3 November 2010, 20:57:32 »

There isn't anything wrong with someone crying, nor is there anything wrong with showing respect to someone that shows true emotion over something. I still have my feelings over the matter, but he is a human being, not some inanimate object. I am still displeased with the path it all ended up going down and I am still questionable about his choices... but I wish him luck.

I have no idea why you decided against psychology, Deej.  You seem well suited for it.
Maybe it's the stress of having to deal with the kids at RPM or something like that.

That is part of it. You have no clue how many headcases I've dealt with in my time there, but I've met some real good people too. As there is in all places, good and bad exists everywhere.

People just irritate me, no one ever listens and no one ever learns. People want to find out the hard way... and I'll never understand why. More so, I don't see why I should stand by and watch as someone gets hit by a train when I can pull them out of the way... err, figuratively speaking of course.

I AM DJSonic!
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #81 on: 3 November 2010, 23:12:05 »

You can't save people, you just can't.

Unless they're willing to shell out some serious dough for an hour of your time.  8)
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #82 on: 4 November 2010, 03:10:08 »

That is part of it. You have no clue how many headcases I've dealt with in my time there, but I've met some real good people too. As there is in all places, good and bad exists everywhere.

People just irritate me, no one ever listens and no one ever learns. People want to find out the hard way... and I'll never understand why. More so, I don't see why I should stand by and watch as someone gets hit by a train when I can pull them out of the way... err, figuratively speaking of course.

I've been mod and admin at quite a few small sites.
If the amount of headaches are proportional to the size and pace of the forum... ouch.  Just ouch.

I find it unfortunate that a lot of people want to make their own mistakes.  Plenty of idiots and geniuses have made them before... I just let them make my mistakes for me as much as I can.  It's irresistible to others, though.  Some people really think they can stop the train because it has to be different for them.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #83 on: 4 November 2010, 03:12:24 »

Because to them, they are different. They are unique. They are worth it.

L'Oréal.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #84 on: 4 November 2010, 14:49:00 »

I don't normally post confidential information like Facebook posts.

Hahaha

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #85 on: 4 November 2010, 15:28:21 »

Yeah, I was... wondering what he meant by that.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #86 on: 5 November 2010, 01:23:24 »

SOME information is confidential private (if that's a better word), unless you're friends. I don't spread other people's business like this in other words.

Sue me.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #87 on: 5 November 2010, 02:32:16 »

Social networking sites are generally public, and are synonymous by nature.
I get what you're saying, but the notion of privacy in such a medium is decidedly weak no matter how you put it.

Especially when you're talking to people who have used pseudonymous forms of communication for pretty much the whole internet.

If that really is Inafune, man, that is pretty damn cool.  Not the crying thing, but still.  It's nice to get that human side of things.
Pages: « 1 2 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Inafune Quits
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string