MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 16:59:04
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Inafune Quits
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: Inafune Quits  (Read 29220 times)
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« on: 29 October 2010, 14:52:50 »

As found here.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2010, 17:00:44 »

Well #####ing #####.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2010, 17:08:25 »

That means Legends 3 might not be a piece of ##### that deals with continuity between series!

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2010, 17:17:47 »

I still don't know if this could be viewed as a good or a bad thing.

It's sad to see him go, but I'm even more concerned what this means for the future of Mega Man.
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #4 on: 29 October 2010, 17:24:27 »

He says he wants a new start. Do you think it'll be related to gaming?
Or, perhaps he will have his new life as a hot dog seller... Hm...
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 29 October 2010, 18:31:16 »

In other news, Hideo Kojima joins Capcom and Inafune moves to Konami! WHAT A TWIST!

Yeah, this is sad news...

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 29 October 2010, 18:38:17 »

...#####.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 29 October 2010, 18:39:01 »

I have no idea what to think about this.
He's become so detached from these games it's like his inspiration only graces the edges...
... and now that will be gone.

Will we even be able to tell, at least in Mega Man?  I don't know.

What excites me about this news is that he is already looking to go do something new... so I'll be waiting to see what he comes up with.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 29 October 2010, 18:42:33 »

Think of it this way. I'd quit too if I worked for a company that went behind my back and totally screwed around with one of my own beloved characters, not to mention mess up my own work for the sake of milking the cash cow.

Obviously, Inafune took pride in making great games like Mega Man 2, Mega Man 9, and Mega Man Legends. While Mega Man X was also a great series, he wanted to end it so he could focus on his original character, Zero. Capcom screwed him up on that as well.

Maybe he just needs to break out. This should be good for him.

As for Capcom, they just need to focus on what originally made the games great, and not make mistakes like X6 and up.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 29 October 2010, 19:27:37 »

Add Zero, ZX and BN 4-6 to that list of mistakes.

I can honestly say I don't really care about the news.  We'll still get (bad?) Mega Man games just like we have since Inafune started to be less involved.  Life moves on.  It is a bit ironic and sad perhaps that he is leaving just as he got Legends 3 approved.  I really can't say if that's good or bad for the game itself.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 29 October 2010, 20:37:45 »

I'd say it's probably going to be good, and it'll be considered as a "farewell" gift to his fans.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 29 October 2010, 22:33:54 »

It will likely be complete ##### now.
The X7 guy is on top of it.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 30 October 2010, 01:41:15 »

Well good. Then I'll be familiar with it once it comes ou- WAIT NO YOU SAID WHAT NO NO THAT CANT BE RIGHT

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 30 October 2010, 06:56:30 »

Guys, Inafune didn't have much say in his games anymore.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the writers to StarForce have been writing it before and they're still writing the story for Legends 3.

Inafune hated his job. If he felt like he wasn't getting enough control over the things he created then he should go out and start his own company, where he can get his creative freedom. He's got the money now so I'm sure he can come up with something exciting.

Legends 3 is his godsend for us fans. He got the project started and now Capcom won't drop it after wasting that much money on it. Even when he hates his job, he's still thinking of his fans. And I'm truly grateful for that. I will honestly thank the man if I ever get the chance to do it.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 30 October 2010, 07:31:33 »

Yeah, Inafune is pretty awesome guy. I mean, I hate the Zero series, something he took pride in... but if you think about it, it was Capcom's fault. He originally wanted Zero to be in X, but they wouldn't let him. He wanted to end it in X5, which I hated, but compared to Capcom backstabbing him and making X6, Inafune knew what he was doing. Everything after that, probably just didnt feel the same anymore.

So thumbs up for Inafune.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 30 October 2010, 08:19:47 »

There's a weird alternate universe out there where MegaMan X is a red dude with a red buster and the X series is everything Inafune wanted it to be.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 30 October 2010, 18:56:27 »

I can't imagine X1 being any better than it already is, actually.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 30 October 2010, 19:19:28 »

I'm personally not trying to, but I would wonder of the other games.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
orclev
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 30 October 2010, 20:42:55 »

OMG, what is this, I don't even.

I have no idea what this means for MML3, so I guess we will just have to wait and find out!  But at least he will be happier. 

-----
~*~orclev~*~
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'Brien
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 30 October 2010, 20:44:43 »

I don't care about Inafune. I just care about Megaman.

Maybe he's just sore about his MML3 heroine not winning.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 30 October 2010, 20:47:02 »

I doubt it.

And to be honest, I'm not sure how he'd expect to win with his design looking like Roll for God's sake.

Maybe they did something in Legends 3 that set him off... and he's just not telling us.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 30 October 2010, 22:38:59 »

You're a dick. Megaman would be nothing without Inafune.

Nobody would quit their job over a lousy contest. Inafune had it tough working at Capcom. They're even replacing his duties by having six different goddamn people working on them instead. He just couldn't handle it anymore.

orclev
Sniper Joe

« Reply #22 on: 31 October 2010, 02:13:14 »

Maybe they did something in Legends 3 that set him off... and he's just not telling us.

This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking...  Sort of like the straw that broke the camel's back.

-----
~*~orclev~*~
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'Brien
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 31 October 2010, 04:16:37 »

You're a dick. Megaman would be nothing without Inafune.

Exactly, but Inafune isn't Megaman. I care for his creation, not the man himself. He also ended up perverting his own games into Megaman like games.
If he starts something new in video games, I hope he thinks of his roots and just makes a simple and fun game with horrid box art.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 31 October 2010, 05:35:55 »

Hey, I respect Inafune. You can smack him all you want, but he put his heart in his games it seems. The ONLY time I'm remotely okay with Capcom's decision against Inafune's, was the X series. Granted, having Zero there instead probably would have been a better move, but X (his name and history) has just so much potential (no pun intended). He's also a character I can relate with. If there was any one character in the Mega Man series that describes me, it'd be X.

But of course, Capcom screwed THAT one up too. One of my favorite series, and they trashed it. They really pushed him around it seems, and I feel bad for him.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 31 October 2010, 06:35:46 »

I'm pretty sure the character Inafune had intended for X would have been the same, except he would've looked like the X1 version of Zero.

The problem arising from this is that there would be no Zero, because Zero was created as a substitute for what Inafune wanted, and we wouldn't have the platform slasher gameplay brought by X4.
As a result, however, we might not have gotten the perverted Mega Man Zero, but... #####, man.

But you're right in what you're saying about Inafune, I'm just nitpicking.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 31 October 2010, 08:15:21 »

Zero didn't have his saber until the second game. Zero would have been X, just red, and with Zero's character.

Would have made for a badass plot twist when you find out that THE main character was created by Wily all along.

Instead you have the Zero series which has you playing as a clone the whole time.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 31 October 2010, 10:14:04 »

Damnit John, I'm tired and I was just about to go to sleep before seeing that.

I'm currently taking your post in the context of mine preceding it, and in that context it's confusing me because you're both arguing with and repeating some things I said in a different way. But anyway:

"Zero would have been X, just red, and with Zero's character."
That's what I said-Wait, Zero's character? Isn't that a direct contradiction of him being X? And before you go on and tell me that just his NAME would be X:

I did factor into my thinking that Zero didn't get his saber right away. If you're using this point to say that sabering was an inevitable advancement of the gameplay and also that this would've happened:
"Would have made for a badass plot twist when you find out that THE main character was created by Wily all along."

The problem with this is you just based X's would-have-been development entirely on the development of Zero, a character using X's original red design who was not originally intended to exist.

Inspiration for Zero's development could've come way out of left field and even AFTER they told him to change the design. You don't know what you just said, without actual proof (unless there is). X might never have gotten a saber and that kind of really makes more sense since it was a MegaMan game and MegaMan was still well known for its shooting aspect.

You can also say that I don't have proof that I'm right, and that's true, but I think there was no need for the whole story of X1 to have suddenly changed just because the main character needed to look similar to the original MegaMan, which lends to the probability that the story remained as it is but with Zero shoved into it, and Zero's development came after the fact.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 31 October 2010, 18:34:35 »

On a slightly unrelated note, I thought it was pretty cool that X got Zero's saber as a memory of his best friend and partner in X6. It also was good for aiding the Zero series and any continuation the X series was going to get.

But sadly, Capcom ruined X6 altogether. I would have LOVED playing as X with the Z-Saber, if he actually knew how to use it, and actually implemented it in the game a little better. I practically NEVER used it, because there was no need. It was like it never existed.

And then they brought back Zero IN THE SAME GAME so yeah, Capcom sucks with that.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 31 October 2010, 18:55:17 »

The saber was pretty useful on some enemy types, if I recall.
I could say it was generally useless, but then it's a post X4 game and every weapon is totally useless, so that's not saying much.

X6 was just poorly, poorly designed.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #30 on: 31 October 2010, 22:00:27 »

X5 wasn't much better.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 31 October 2010, 23:35:57 »

But it was at LEAST better.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #32 on: 1 November 2010, 02:51:33 »

"Inafune isn't the life blood of Capcom or Megaman. Capcom is. Megaman will be just FINE without Inafune. Yes, there is to be SOME worry about Legends 3, but I think Capcom is FULL of talent... it is not like Capcom is without any talent outside of Inafune or anything, He's just the common "name" most people associate Megaman with.

If there was no other talent or intelligent people at Capcom, we'd be #####ed. Hell, this change of pace might prove to be a good thing. We might get that X9 you all want so bad. MAYBE even Command Missions 2... I'd like that."

That basically sums up my thoughts. Inafune is just butt hurt that his character got the least votes. He's also a little blasphemous, wanting to Westernize Capcom. I'm glad he's leaving.

Also. Quoted from a pimp named Zan.

"Inafune is by origin a "character designer", his job is not "writer" or "scenario". He only took on a scenario/writer role with X, and even then he was limited by his superior and always gladly accepted input for his colleagues; especially in his days as producer did he leave the story up to the imagination of others. Remember that Rockman is and will always be a team effort; "Capcom" is the author, not any single member of the team."

I AM DJSonic!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 1 November 2010, 03:42:46 »

If there was no other talent or intelligent people at Capcom, we'd be #####ed.

Yeah, we can't forget such talents that created timeless classics like Mega Man X7 and Mega Man Battle Network 4. Just sayin'.

Hell, this change of pace might prove to be a good thing. We might get that X9 you all want so bad.

Speak for yourself. The series was intended to close with X5. With that said, X6 sucked, X7 sucked, X8 was... okay... but Rez says it sucks so for the sake of continuity... let's go with "they all sucked". I love the X series, but one of the major things that I wanted out of X was the storyline. That's gone down the toilet, so I'd rather they just stop screwing around with the X series. They ALMOST went in the right direction with MHX though, I'll say that.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #34 on: 1 November 2010, 06:26:12 »

Sometimes I forget where I am. This is MMM, the land of "everything sucked after X5" and "everything except Classic, X and Legends sucks" and all that jazz.

That said, are we not allowed to make flops or "lack luster attempts at something new" at all? A lot of the problem is that people are so #####ing anal... anyway. I actually liked X6, X7 and X8 and LOVED Command Missions. Battle Network 4 was admittedly a flop, I can't deny that no matter how hard I could try. X7 had some bad ideas but some good concepts. And it brought Axl. Of course, I'll be flamed instantly for enjoying that fact, but ##### you. I really, really, really don't give a hoot who agrees or disagrees there. I liked Axl.

My POINT however is, that we all make bad decisions in life, no matter who you are. Everyone's ##### stinks. Capcom made a few bad choices, but in comparison... BN 1, 2, 3, 5 and even 6 were all great games by my opinion. All the other X games were ranging from good to great as well. Hey... ya know what? That sounds like the good outweights the bad. I think there is VERY little to bitch about.

I AM DJSonic!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 1 November 2010, 06:49:12 »

Seriously, Rez will jump on about 98% of everything you said, but yeah. For me, I'm somewhat picky and somewhat lenient with the games. If it's crap, it's crap. If it's okay, it's okay. X6 and X7 are garbage. X8, had a garbage storyline, but decent gameplay. I hate Axl's character in all the games, but he's bearable in X8 and his gameplay IS something nice every once in a while.

I enjoyed ZX and ZXA.

BN1 was nice. BN2 was awesome. BN3 is my favorite. And BN4 disgusted me. BN5 is like taking a taste of good food, but then having a terrible aftertaste. BN6 was somewhat as nice as BN1.

I can't stand Zero for platforming reasons.

and of course, I love practically everything Classic. Granted I can be a little nitpicky with Legends and it's engine, and I can say that I wish it was more like a Legend of Zelda game but with a buster, but we'll wait for Legends 3 to see if that'll happen. Legends is still a VERY solid and enjoyable game and very lovable.

I'm not anal about anything, but I don't like playing a game that throws garbage at me. If it has reedemable qualities, sure I can forgive, I just want to have fun.

But seriously, I'm playing through X7 right now, and for every actual FUN thing that happens, there's like 8 other problems flying at my face. It's terrible.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 1 November 2010, 07:08:00 »

Sometimes I forget where I am. This is MMM, the land of "everything sucked after X5" and "everything except Classic, X and Legends sucks" and all that jazz.

That said, are we not allowed to make flops or "lack luster attempts at something new" at all? A lot of the problem is that people are so #####ing anal... anyway. I actually liked X6, X7 and X8 and LOVED Command Missions. Battle Network 4 was admittedly a flop, I can't deny that no matter how hard I could try. X7 had some bad ideas but some good concepts. And it brought Axl. Of course, I'll be flamed instantly for enjoying that fact, but ##### you. I really, really, really don't give a hoot who agrees or disagrees there. I liked Axl.

My POINT however is, that we all make bad decisions in life, no matter who you are. Everyone's ##### stinks. Capcom made a few bad choices, but in comparison... BN 1, 2, 3, 5 and even 6 were all great games by my opinion. All the other X games were ranging from good to great as well. Hey... ya know what? That sounds like the good outweights the bad. I think there is VERY little to bitch about.

X4.

Everything sucked after X4.

And I won't flame you!

I know you were more making a general statement, but I personally don't think I'm being bitchy when I say that there was something wrong with a game and I illustrate why. I'm not really all that cynical; show me a new game and I'll look at it, it's just the case with MegaMan that I haven't really liked the newer stuff and preferred more of the older stuff. There are exceptions to that.

I feel like I could've written a better plot for Command Mission, which is my only real gripe with it, though that's a pretty big gripe. It was only just getting good, and it cut short. I think most would agree with that. It was still a very fun game for me, and I'm glad it happened. If it was better, I'd replay it more, but it's low on the list of games I wanna come back to.

X7, though?
... Oh man.
I sold that game for 2.95. I have all of the other Mega Man X games. I SOLD X7. And I NEVER sell things!
Also: "X7 had some bad ideas but some good concepts."
What.
WHAT.

People are allowed to make lack luster attempts in general. They're allowed, but no one has to like it. And you have to consider when it's someone else's masterpiece you're working with, and #####ting all over, people are gonna get upset.
If someone hands me a project and it's something from someone else's design... say, like, someone tells me I'm the director of the new Spider-Man movie and I'm like OHSNAP.
Do I sit there and wonder how much I can cut the budget and fill my pocket, or do I do MY absolute best to make it good? I... couldn't just not try. I'd feel a responsibility to it, especially because it's someone else's. That's why I completely do not understand X7. If it was bad for lack of trying, someone's at fault for really messing with someone else's series, and I really do not see any effort behind that game.

I might not be fair to say X7 was thoroughly bad, because I don't remember a lot of it, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I just would never touch it ever again.
I also hated it before I joined MMM, so I don't really fall into the hive mind theory you might be hinting at.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #37 on: 1 November 2010, 07:20:19 »

*shrugs* I think I've just become very lax in regards to Megaman. I play the games for what they are, I try not to compare to past games, because that is how you get caught up in all the "old foggie" BS. Honestly, you're entitled to your opinions. Everyone is. I've kinda said what I wanted to, so I won't bother to poke back, especially since you all weren't complete assholes like I usually expect when it comes to MMM and opinions.

Regardless, Rez can say what he wants, but Rez knows me well enough that I just don't care.

I had no issues with X7 aside from the fact that it was very very unpolished. The Soundtrack was flawless and one of the better in the series, the gameplay needed attention, it was very undone. Axl was delicious. And the story was actually pretty good, IMO. Aside from X being a pussy... which I can actually understand.

My two cents, I'll come back tomorrow/later and see what damage is done.

I AM DJSonic!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 1 November 2010, 11:57:26 »

Personally, I think Axl only got good in X8.  He was actually fun to play as, and you could totally ignore perhaps the worst gameplay feature in the whole series (copy shot)... outside of bike missions.

I don't like X8 much, but I put it on the same level or slightly above X6.  X7 is, as I think I've said before in this thread, a tragedy of poor game design.

Maybe I'm just angry at life, but when the game part of a game feels like a "video game college" final project that never needed to be play tested, what are you left with?  A game must be decent otherwise everything else about it is irrelevant to the quality of the thing.

You don't like the gameplay, then the game is worthless to you.

I guess you do like it, Aresian.  I'm OK with that.  I understand how you can lower your expectations and enjoy something for what it is; that's the only way I can enjoy certain games myself.

But back on topic, I actually really don't care about Inafune leaving.  I've had a hard think about this, and I'm pretty sure I didn't the direction he wanted to take things.  It's his stuff, yeah, but the Star Wars prequels were George Lucas's stuff.  Same thing.

I thank the guy for starting everything, and I do worry a little about the current leadership for Legends 3... but I'm actually more interested to see how they handle it now than I was before.  I'm also interested in seeing what Inafune can come up with by himself.  Maybe a fresh perspective and the freedom to do what he wants without making it part of an established series will be good for everyone.

I never really felt like this would ruin the new Legends game.  The only thing I'm worried about is this: if the current team attempts to bridge the games with the Zero series, I'm going to be lost on what's happening and probably very unhappy about it.

Unlike Rez I don't think the mere affiliation is bad, but I think there's so much potential for bad it's frightening.

Anyway, we'll see what happens here soon enough.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #39 on: 1 November 2010, 14:21:44 »

I'm old and really can't be bothered to bitch at EVERYTHING anymore.  I quite honestly can't see how anyone can like Axl at all in any respect.  I just chalk it up to some kind of learning disability.

As for the games, I happen to have generally really liked Command Mission, despite it having Axl and despite the game looking like it would be the second coming of awful from all the preview material for it.  I am very rarely so pleasantly surprised by modern X games.  X1-X4 were all masterpieces.  X5 and up were various levels of bad.  X5 being an "intended" game or not does not fix it being a significant step down in overall quality from the first 4.

I'm not a big fan of Mega Man 6 and I thought 8 was and MM&Bass were bad.  I love the first 3 Battle Networks even if 3 started to nerf some stuff.  The last 3 are awful.  Starforce is everything that was wrong with BN made into a new series.  I despise Mega Man Zero and ZX with a burning hate that can not be described with words.  Legends is #####ing awesome and I hope Zero/ZX does not taint 3.

To say we hate "everything after X5" is pretty inaccurate.  We just have some expectations that when something starts out #####ing awesome, it should maintain some level of quality.  In a series as long lived as Mega Man and with as many offshoots as it has, it's to be expected you will run into a bad game here and there.  The formula can get tired and the best ideas used.  I think what really hurts are half assed attempts to "modernize" things by going 3D or adding gimmicks out the ass to "freshen" it up to the point it just breaks what made it work in the first place, and that's the major problem almost all the "hate" games have.

Inafune leaving will have... ZERO impact on that.  I'm not expecting any more or less problems with what's coming out because of it.  I EXPECT Legends 3 will be awful and the biggest let down since Xenosage part 2, but I HOPE it will be the sequel the series #####ing deserves.  I'm not holding my breath though.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 1 November 2010, 15:38:25 »

How was Xenosaga part 2 a let down?

You have to be on top of something in the first place to be let down.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 1 November 2010, 17:26:32 »

Ironically, Rez originally said that he expected Mega Man 9 to be terrible, even though Capcom was going back to their roots with that game.

But to be fair, I can understand WHY. After playing a gimmicky Mega Man 8 (which was okay in my opinion) to a very different feel with Mega Man & Bass... I would wonder too if Capcom knew what they were doing.

Again, as for X7, I'm currently playing it. It's a mess, but I can TELL Capcom is trying here and there. I can't really describe it all that well except say...

Mega Man X7 is the equivalent of a drawing done by your 3-year old son/daughter that you thought looks cute so you decided to hang it on your fridge. I think it's an honest attempt to continue making a Mega Man X game... but the reality is... it's not done by a 3-year old. This is a gaming company that devoted their time and effort to this, and this is the result. This is now the equivalent of said drawing being done by Leonardo Davinci. By that standard, it's a TERRIBLE mess.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #42 on: 1 November 2010, 18:40:42 »

Ironically, Rez originally said that he expected Mega Man 9 to be terrible

Given Inti's record with Zero/ZX I think expecting ##### was reasonable.  I was happily surprised it was MM4-5 level good.  As good as 2 or 3?  No.  But 4 & 5 were still pretty good games.  At this point I would expect MM11 to be good if they announced it, even if 11's weapons were rather weak.  I loved the rest of the game.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 1 November 2010, 19:25:30 »

You mean even if 10's were weak.
I never played 10 because it just looked like more 9, only worse and with no good music.

I'm cool with retro stuff, I really am.  Love it.
But you can't just keep handing that off as a rewarding experience in an age and industry where advancement is expected.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #44 on: 1 November 2010, 20:37:39 »

Not as bad as I expected. MMM has grown somewhat in my absence. I'm honestly happy for that, as condescending as that is gonna sound. I am.

While I'll still disagree, I do agree with one thing. Megaman as a whole is dying in various kinds of ways. And not the "end series instantly" kind of way, but the kind of way the Brotherhood of Steel is dying... or MMM for that matter. And other such places that are far past their prime. Decay. The worst kind of death really, since it is pitiful to watch. But maybe we'll get lucky. Maybe we'll even just get to go out with a bang.

Maybe Legends 3 won't suck.

That is a lot of maybes though... and I don't like the odds. I'm just glad Megaman isn't the only game series I give a ##### about.

I AM DJSonic!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #45 on: 1 November 2010, 21:24:18 »

Not as bad as I expected. MMM has grown somewhat in my absence. I'm honestly happy for that, as condescending as that is gonna sound. I am.

While I'll still disagree, I do agree with one thing. Megaman as a whole is dying in various kinds of ways. And not the "end series instantly" kind of way, but the kind of way the Brotherhood of Steel is dying... or MMM for that matter. And other such places that are far past their prime. Decay. The worst kind of death really, since it is pitiful to watch. But maybe we'll get lucky. Maybe we'll even just get to go out with a bang.

Maybe Legends 3 won't suck.

That is a lot of maybes though... and I don't like the odds. I'm just glad Megaman isn't the only game series I give a ##### about.

Oh, I COULD have given a very nasty play by play, but really, opinions and what not.  I honestly just don't care anymore for the most part.  Mega Man isn't the ONLY series I like, but damn near ll of them have had more or less the same thing happen to them, ironically enough many of them being Capcom frachises.  Remember when Resident Evil was a survival horror series where you had limited resources and ammo (and even saves).  Remember when Breath of Fire wasn't non existant (5 sucked so damn bad it literally murdered the series, not that the higher ups were rooting for it to continue anyway).  Remember when Phoenix Wright was a lawyer and not a bum?  Pepperidge Farms does.  But that's about it.

I've not got to play the Castlevania reboot, but it looks like it might be ok, if not anything like the kind of Castlevania I prefer (which is different from the just #####ty 3D games on N64 and PS2), though the 2D games have all still been pretty top tier.  That's a series I still actually love.  But it's one of the few.

You mean even if 10's were weak.
I never played 10 because it just looked like more 9, only worse and with no good music.

I'm cool with retro stuff, I really am.  Love it.
But you can't just keep handing that off as a rewarding experience in an age and industry where advancement is expected.

11's music was solid.  And advancement for the sake of advancement is bad.  2D platforming is fine, it works and if it's done right damn fun.  There's nothing to "advance" to that.  Do you have to do it in 8bit?  Not necessarily, but look how loosey goosey MM8 was compared to the super crisp and precise movement of the 8bit stuff.  If you can't replicate that level of response and control, it doesn't do any good to do super high def graphics.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 2 November 2010, 02:00:53 »

MM9 is my official favorite classic game, so I personally think it outdid 2 (barely). In fact, it just feels more like a new Mega Man 2.

MM10 feels more like a new Mega Man 4 in that regard.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #47 on: 2 November 2010, 02:13:36 »

Hahaha, Castlevania. I hate the majority of the series. I only like Curse of Darkness, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of... whatever and Order of Ecclesia. Lament of Innocence was alright I suppose.

I hate whips. I hate Castlevanias where you play Whip d00ds. That is most of the series sooooo....

Oh well, you have your own good points there and frankly... the mention of Dragon Quarter makes me cry manly tears. I suppose that sums it up... so yeah.

Inafune quits. Hurrah.

I AM DJSonic!
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 2 November 2010, 02:30:18 »

I hate whips.

and would both like to have a word with you.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #49 on: 2 November 2010, 03:22:46 »

In the case of the former, she's a slut and Chain Swords are not whips.

In the case of the latter, no clue who she is for some reason.

I AM DJSonic!
Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Inafune Quits
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string