MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 23:02:36
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : Are the Complete Works worth having?
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Are the Complete Works worth having?  (Read 2565 times)
SB
Sniper Joe

« on: 13 August 2010, 00:13:58 »

First off, sorry if this is the wrong section to ask, but it's sorta a broad question, so figured this area works for that.

Over the past few years, CoA and I think... Udon has been publishing those Complete Works booklets over here in the good ol US of A for our wallets to devour. Just really curious if anyone else here has any of them (Classic / X / Zero / Soon to be MMBN), and if anyone could attest to the quality and if it's worth tracking them down or not. Like is the X series one a literal translation of the bad fan translation bit about how Light made the Maverick Virus that caused most of the older fanbase that still cared about some form of storyline to just up and move, or no?

I've put off buying all those books that keeps getting published in the past few years due to bad timing on money and other stuff, or just forgetting they exist...

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2010, 00:43:00 »

It basically ties all the series together, so most of the X series is defined by the story made up by the Zero series, about what the virus is and it's origins.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2010, 04:08:44 »

I want one, but I'm not buying it as of now. That's just me personally, but I don't think little booklets are all that fantastic to have compared to other stuff you could buy.

Like for example, a MM9 Press Kit.

I'm mainly saying that because I have one though. (and I love it)

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2010, 05:23:40 »

Now it just sounds like you're bragging, man. That ain't cool. :(

I'll eventually get some of these Complete Works books, probably Classic, X and Battle Network. Not interested in the Zero book.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2010, 15:20:34 »

I think am going ti get all of 'em, I already have X, now I have to save $90 for the other 3.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2010, 16:32:37 »

$50 was too much money for that MM9 Press Kit. I mean, I could sell it and maybe make $70-100 if I'm lucky and stop complaining, but I do like having it around. Just saying: it's a low-quality cardboard box with a gutted NES cartridge inside. Maybe woulda' paid $15 for that at a local art show or something.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 13 August 2010, 18:44:36 »

Well, to me, it's a rare collector's item. Maybe I am bragging, but it's a light brag. Point is, there's only 200 of those things, but those booklets can probably be reprinted at any time.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : Are the Complete Works worth having?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string