MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 00:41:42
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : Does anyone think Capcom should consider...
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Does anyone think Capcom should consider...  (Read 5473 times)
zach
Noob

« on: 29 June 2010, 21:31:07 »

Does anyone think Capcom should consider making a second megaman powered up or a second megaman maverick hunters 2? They are pretty good games to me. ;D
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2010, 23:52:18 »

Powered Up, yes. But they'd have to fix a lot of the problems that were in the first game.

MHX? Eh, I can live without it.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2010, 02:15:12 »

Yes to both.  But it should be for the Wii/Xbox360/PS3
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2010, 05:43:58 »

I kinda agree to the whole idea that Mega Man X should be remade for the sake of being brought back to life (including the storyline), but the direction in which they took MHX was pretty stupid and inferior to the original. MMPU all the way though.

Just not on a Sony platform.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2010, 06:06:10 »

There was no way MHX could have been on par with the original, but they did a decent job, considering and despite some things.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2010, 06:51:18 »

Storyline wise, I think it could have been equally as good, or even better.

But then... oh the problems I can list. Day of Sigma was enjoyable but it lost me more than halfway in. A lot of the stuff didn't make any sense at all, especially compared to the original.

Your motive for world domination SHOULD be because you theorize reploids are better and humans are inferior, and thus should be removed from society. That was fantastic in the original.

It SHOULDN'T be to "lol test x's potential because i can".

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2010, 07:39:53 »

I don't think that was why he went Maverick but okay

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 1 July 2010, 03:57:00 »

In MHX, he goes Maverick and believes all reploids have potential because Cain told Sigma that X has potential. The whole freaking storyline changed to be revolved around X in other words. How is that not it?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 1 July 2010, 04:57:47 »

That's different from "lol test x's potential because i can"

Even you just said, he had a REASON for doing it. His fascination with X became a major plot point, yes. But it was a means to an end. Sigma was already predisposed to believe in the superiority of Reploids. In the original game it didn't say why.

It was basically filling an empty space. The original game had very little plot. I'm not dissing it but you can't say it had a big plot that was vastly tampered with. All they did was add more to each character's personalities and make Cain die.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 1 July 2010, 05:48:31 »

From what I understood from X1 alone was that Reploids are robots who were built to make actions and thoughts of their own accord, disregarding the laws of robotics. X was the first and the father of all reploids in this regard, since every reploid was based off of his design. Sigma went "Maverick", which is defined as defiance and against the society/human race. This is all very vague until you beat the game. Sigma wants world domination to create a utopia for reploids. X is a defender for the human race.

You have to understand, this made me fascinated with Sigma, since he's someone who is standing up for his beliefs (although they're wrong) that he can make a better world. He has a gentleman-like attitude in X1, and this continues throughout the series, even when he's nothing but a virus. Of course he loses his sanity later, but that's somewhat expected overtime when you learn about the Maverick Virus and countless losses to X and Zero.

And don't get me wrong, Sigma's motive based off of a theory that X has potential? That's brilliant, I love it, and should be run with. But Capcom took the ball and headed the wrong direction on the court with it. You have to make reploid potential a REASON for world domination. The whole storyline with MHX was just so concentrated on X that world domination was no longer a goal. Sigma doesn't mention wanting anything about a better world, or envisioning something grand like no more humans. None of that. Instead you get someone who's deceiving a bunch of robots to follow him because "we have potential". What if X died? Would Sigma just shrug and say his theology was wrong then? Or should we just go to the more obvious direction that MHX is taking it, assume Sigma is mentally insane, and he's just doing this for the heck of it. Either way, X1 had a better story.

And I don't care about that suffering circuit nonsense. That's another beef I have with these story revisions. It's like nobody can write a good script anymore.

What's next? Throw in "elves" into the series? How about later we just turn a bunch of kids into Power Rangers. Oh that's right, we already did that.

Posted on:  1 July 2010, 04:39:54

In short:

In MHX, he goes Maverick and believes all reploids have potential because Cain told Sigma that X has potential.

The above may be a reason, but it's a pretty stupid one.

It's like this. You work at a job, so you can get moneys, and buy that nice car. That nice car is the equivalent of good plot development, since that's the primary goal for the character. You don't work at a job just to make money and do nothing with it or not explain what you're doing with it. I'd assume good writers know that.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 1 July 2010, 07:08:37 »

From what I understood from X1 alone was that Reploids are robots who were built to make actions and thoughts of their own accord, disregarding the laws of robotics. X was the first and the father of all reploids in this regard, since every reploid was based off of his design. Sigma went "Maverick", which is defined as defiance and against the society/human race. This is all very vague until you beat the game. Sigma wants world domination to create a utopia for reploids. X is a defender for the human race.

No, you didn't. You read that from the booklet. (I have said booklet on my desk but I don't even have to look at it.) And it's kind of different, having the backstory scribbled away as a side-note. I'm going by the story that the game itself told, which really didn't have much. You know what I mean? The story was part of the game but having not read it you wouldn't even know about quite a few of that stuff. That's not exactly good videogame storytelling.

You have to understand, this made me fascinated with Sigma, since he's someone who is standing up for his beliefs (although they're wrong) that he can make a better world... LOADS OF TEXT... for the heck of it. Either way, X1 had a better story.

I don't see how this is contradicted in MHX. He might never outright say that he wants Reploid dominance, but I figured the makers didn't want to hold our hands through that part. It's a remake; there's stuff we already have established. Besides, I'm pretty sure he implies it in some way, saying things like new age or new era, in Day of Sigma, and mentioned evolution of Reploids, but you saying that he didn't makes me unsure.

And I don't care about that suffering circuit nonsense. That's another beef I have with these story revisions. It's like nobody can write a good script anymore.

I don't know what you're talking about here, so I guess I don't care either.

What's next? Throw in "elves" into the series? How about later we just turn a bunch of kids into Power Rangers. Oh that's right, we already did that.

That's a leap, but okay.

In MHX, he goes Maverick and believes all reploids have potential because Cain told Sigma that X has potential.

The above may be a reason, but it's a pretty stupid one.

So I misunderstood you, or, er, contradict myself. Ignore what I said about that being the reason.
I'm saying Sigma was already Maverick at that point (having fought Zero) and he studied X as a "means to an end" which I already said. What that meant was he wanted to see how X got stronger so he could use that power and accomplish his goals.

___

Overall I guess I'm looking at the game in the context of its predecessor and you aren't.
« Last Edit: 1 July 2010, 07:16:50 by Majikn » Logged

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 1 July 2010, 08:25:08 »

No, you didn't. You read that from the booklet. (I have said booklet on my desk but I don't even have to look at it.) And it's kind of different, having the backstory scribbled away as a side-note. I'm going by the story that the game itself told, which really didn't have much. You know what I mean? The story was part of the game but having not read it you wouldn't even know about quite a few of that stuff. That's not exactly good videogame storytelling.

The only thing I really remembered specifically from the booklet was Cain's journal and how he made Sigma and the reploids. A lot of games back then didn't put a lot of story in games, and put it in the books instead. Regardless, it's still a story, and it still made an impact on me with or without the booklet. MHX didn't.

I don't see how this is contradicted in MHX. He might never outright say that he wants Reploid dominance, but I figured the makers didn't want to hold our hands through that part. It's a remake; there's stuff we already have established. Besides, I'm pretty sure he implies it in some way, saying things like new age or new era, in Day of Sigma, and mentioned evolution of Reploids, but you saying that he didn't makes me unsure.

Even IN a remake, something as crucial as world domination would be explained or at least be used. I'm repeating myself here. All they did in MHX was really change Sigma to a madman.

And those last bits are me ranting about these dumb story revisions. I don't see it as a leap at all, Capcom's writing has been a bit out there for quite some time. X1-X5 had great storylines and some of those gaps led to self-explanatory creativity. Note, I'm not talking about silly things like bridging classic and X and an upgraded Proto Man. There was just some things that you could assume. Like, Sigma did research on Zero at some point and decided to follow in Wily's footsteps for world domination. This is NEVER explained (I'm sure), but it's hinted at in X2 and X5.

I know what you're saying, but in a weird way I'm saying this: Not everything needs to be explained, but some things NEED it.

Overall I guess I'm looking at the game in the context of its predecessor and you aren't.

I guess. I'd figure a remake would be something that would hype up old fans to the series and explain it well to newcomers to the series. This in particular was my main beef with it, since to me it didn't feel like it was done justice.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 1 July 2010, 08:36:58 »

nerd alert

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 1 July 2010, 14:32:35 »

NO PLOT. JUMP RUN SHOOT. THE END.

FUN.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 1 July 2010, 19:44:01 »

They could still benefit from making an MHX2, if they make it better. But I'm far beyond hoping that they WOULD do this or make it better. I'm happy just to let Mega Man and X rest in peace.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 1 July 2010, 21:51:45 »

NO PLOT. JUMP RUN SHOOT. THE END.

FUN.

I agree and disagree. The X series storyline was something I cared about. Classic is carefree and so comical that it shouldn't be taken seriously. With X, I'm so into the game that the story is the icing on the cake and then I want more. I want to know what's going to happen in the next game.

That is, until they stopped caring. Stories in the recent X series games and up hardly make any sense. Mega Man X8 had some great running, jumping, and shooting but my lord I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON. None of the Maverick's logic makes any sense and neither does Lumine for that matter.

If that's what we'll get for a story then you might as well ignore it and don't even bother with a plot.
« Last Edit: 1 July 2010, 22:40:25 by ChaosVortex » Logged

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #16 on: 2 July 2010, 14:44:51 »

Mega Man X8 had some great running, jumping, and shooting

X8 has some of the worst stage design outside of the 3D Abomination of X7.  That does not lend to "great" anything.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #17 on: 2 July 2010, 18:24:10 »

Well, at least its not X8 is better then X7 NO?!!

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #18 on: 5 July 2010, 00:30:21 »

I liked it better when it was just a war against the humans.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : Does anyone think Capcom should consider...
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string