MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 00:05:04
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Zero Series  |  : Zero Collection coming out on DS
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: Zero Collection coming out on DS  (Read 35990 times)
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« on: 15 January 2010, 12:42:11 »

eww i made a topic on the zero forum

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/zero/index.html

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2010, 13:08:36 »

Cool! I'm all for it!

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2010, 13:52:17 »

Nifty. I've already got all 4 though.

LOL BANDWAGON
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2010, 14:57:35 »

What a waste of resources for a waste of a series.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2010, 17:56:04 »

Yet, I somehow want it.

Yeah, they stink, but for $30 for 4 games, I might give it another shot.

Given I'm not broke and I have gotten other more important gems, like Investigations and such.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2010, 19:06:02 »

So if they put 10 asstastic games on one DS cartridge for $20 you'd buy it because it's a lot of games for a little money?

...right.  They could sell it for $1 and I'd tell them to shove it up thier ass.

But you know, I hate MMZ more than fire hates water.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2010, 19:29:04 »

I've been wanting to give the series another shot anyway, so this might be worth it personally. Thing is, I'm not going to buy it when it comes out. I need money and there is better stuff out there. I'd rather spend my money on Tasunoko (sp?) vs Capcom.

And of course, Mega Man 10.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #7 on: 15 January 2010, 20:35:24 »

I pre-ordered and paid off TvC becuase by 29 of this month is my brother's 14th birthday :D

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 15 January 2010, 22:48:48 »

I think the MegaMan Zero is a bad MEGAMAN game and an overall disappointment, but the biggest offenses are primarily art-wise and story-wise.

There are some gameplay flaws in comparison to many other MegaMan games, but taking that aside I find them to be pretty solid games on their own. I enjoyed them.

I at LEAST think they're better than X5 and X6.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 15 January 2010, 23:56:01 »

Yeah, yeah that sums it up for me too.

LOL BANDWAGON
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2010, 04:07:39 »

... Eh. Just wish they did this with BN1-3 instead of making that piece of ##### OSS.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 16 January 2010, 04:51:12 »

I think the MegaMan Zero is a bad MEGAMAN game and an overall disappointment, but the biggest offenses are primarily art-wise and story-wise.

There are some gameplay flaws in comparison to many other MegaMan games, but taking that aside I find them to be pretty solid games on their own. I enjoyed them.

I at LEAST think they're better than X5 and X6.

I wouldn't take it as far as X5. I remotely enjoyed X5 my first time playing it. I don't want to play it again, but it was okay.

My main beefs were the choice of system. It's not as bad with ZX for some reason, but still. X5 was set on your television screen. The Zero games are not. Example: Playing X1 is much better than playing MHX. I know where I'm jumping and it doesn't tick me off that I fell to my death because I couldn't see where I was going.

But contradictory to all this handheld bashing, I really enjoyed playing Dr. Wily's Revenge over and over again because it was a handheld. It just really depends how you make the game I guess.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 16 January 2010, 19:18:08 »

I'm with Res. And Nova. To be fair I haven't played much of the games but I did not enjoy what I played of them at all, and I feel like I don't want to spend ANY money if I'm not going to get any enjoyment out of it.

As I've said, I traded in MegaMan X7 so I could get 2.95 off a better game.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 17 January 2010, 08:46:14 »

Eh...

I never played any of 'em, personally.
Maybe I'll give 'em a shot when this comes out.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #14 on: 18 January 2010, 00:17:06 »

If they fix the gameplay and make it playable, I'll consider giving it a shot.

And fix the #####ing ranking system for crying out loud.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 18 January 2010, 00:31:52 »

How would they fix the gameplay, exactly?

I mean it's ideally a fair thought but that's a lot more work than I'd realistically expect from Capcom. The whole point of the collection is so they can resell things that they've already made to make more money. Hell, I'd do that if I were them. I'd put some minimal effort into some extra unlockable features to make them feel like they're not being ripped off and then get it out there.

Actually wait, I have to consider that. Would I really do that? Or would I just not do a collection at all and focus on giving people something new and good?

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 18 January 2010, 04:24:49 »

If it's a collection game, I'd focus adding a bunch of games that play like the original, and then bonus content. That's all.

They're not fixing anything Xero. If you hated every Zero game, you'll hate the Zero collection.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 19 January 2010, 08:33:55 »

I might grab it, but I'm more set for Golden Sun DS
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 20 January 2010, 22:52:36 »

It looks from the trailer for this, they're gonna pull an OSS and not remix the music at all. Capcom is hilarious sometimes.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 21 January 2010, 00:55:20 »

Hmm... I might consider getting this...

I mean, I've only ever played through the first one.

And yet that alone pissed me off... :/

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 21 January 2010, 01:59:16 »

I'm only considering getting it because I really want to pick up a handheld and play a Mega Man game, and my PSP is out of order right now.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 30 January 2010, 05:10:26 »

The first mode, Easy Scenario, is a bit scarce on the details, but according to what we have, it let's you play through all four Zero games with "All special weapons and systems are fully recreated."

Gotta admit, that is #####ing cool

LOL BANDWAGON
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 30 January 2010, 05:32:39 »

FOR YOU MAYBE

But that's a pretty nice thing. IT'S LIKE IT'S A WHOLE GIANT GAME.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 30 January 2010, 08:07:49 »

Sounds like how you could swap BN5 Navis to the other version in BN5:DTDS.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2010, 08:15:10 »

Massive bump and such.

The MMZ Collection's gonna have a GBA screen ratio... meaning that if you hated the MMZ games because the screen was too small, well too #####ing bad now you STILL have to deal with it!

Also, you can't even map the controls to what you want, you have to press B to shoot, A to jump, or Y to shoot, X to jump... you can't set dashing to A... it's stupid.

It's like they wanted to keep the games as BAD AS POSSIBLE.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 28 May 2010, 08:18:09 »

Sounds to me that they're just emulating the games then. Which is really lazy. Almost SEGA lazy.

Too bad, I was actually thinking of picking this up too, but no new improvements at all?

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 28 May 2010, 08:21:53 »

Not sure myself, only thing I know of is Easy Mode and some extra originally e-reader exclusive stuff being included in.

I mean, I know it's a collection but seriously...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 28 May 2010, 09:46:01 »

Massive bump and such.

The MMZ Collection's gonna have a GBA screen ratio... meaning that if you hated the MMZ games because the screen was too small, well too #####ing bad now you STILL have to deal with it!

Also, you can't even map the controls to what you want, you have to press B to shoot, A to jump, or Y to shoot, X to jump... you can't set dashing to A... it's stupid.

Seriously?  Well #####ing #####.  It's not like I was gonna get it actually.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #28 on: 28 May 2010, 14:18:23 »

I wasn't getting it, but I will chime in that not letting you map buttons is horse #####.  Especially since the DS has the same button layout the SNES had, which is what the X games were birthed on.  If you can't set B to jump and Y to shoot when the option is there, what's the #####ing point?  Its like giving you a car and saying you have to drive with your butt.  Using A and B or X and Y is akward as ##### in the diamond DS/SNES/PS button configuration (and made playing the GBA Castleroids damn near impossible on the DS).

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 28 May 2010, 23:11:40 »

I'm gonna be honest. Four Zero games together sounded good (even though they're crappy), and being on the DS sounded like an improvement... but seriously, what the heck?

There's no way I'm spending my money on this garbage now.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 28 May 2010, 23:49:36 »

Wait... wait... so this means... goddamnit.

I'm a fan of the Zero series, despite all you haters. However, the main reason I was excited for this is because I ended up selling my GBA copies because they're unplayable on a DS due to the A and B button mapping. This has to be a joke. They've got to reassign those buttons. Right?

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #31 on: 29 May 2010, 17:01:38 »

Since back in the days I was too broke to buy anythin, all I could do was see YouTube videos of the game, so them changing up the buttons doesn't really matter to me...need to pay the rest of it off too later today.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 29 May 2010, 20:01:16 »

How is that different from the first time they made them?
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFF!

Yeah I was never gonna get this but I feel you guys.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #33 on: 6 June 2010, 08:49:38 »

Massive bump and such.
Also, you can't even map the controls to what you want

Ummm, according to this site, its quite the opposite.

http://megaman.capcom.com/mmzc/

Signature:
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 6 June 2010, 17:26:38 »

Thank god. Back on board.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 6 June 2010, 18:37:33 »

Good.

At least maybe I could POSSIBLY play through the game now.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 6 June 2010, 18:54:13 »

It says something about an added Easy Mode, too.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #37 on: 6 June 2010, 19:17:02 »

And some stuff about art gallery as well, I've read at other forums that they saw game play for MMZ1 and claimed that a few stuff got fixed from last time, if that's the case, I hope they do even more fixes to the games.

Signature:
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 6 June 2010, 23:07:43 »

Well, I'm slightly interested again.

If the game truly keeps the screen ratio the same as the GBA games, though, I think I'll pass. It really is a make it or break it for me. :/

(btw am I the only one who prefers the whole "A-Jump and B-Attack" style of controls rather than "B-Jump and Y-Attack"?)

Edit: Also, if they keep the blood in the English version I might be more even more interested.
« Last Edit: 6 June 2010, 23:16:05 by Vinchenz Rock » Logged

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 7 June 2010, 00:29:26 »

There won't be blood.

Capcom already said it themselves... of course the Japanese version will keep the blood!

Not that blood coming from robots made any sense...
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 7 June 2010, 03:02:30 »

They're reploids, you stupid twat!  >:(

I'm just excited to have a chance to use weapons in other games, it'll be pretty amusing to me for a few hours, but I can't wait.

LOL BANDWAGON
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 7 June 2010, 05:22:09 »

Reploids are a specific name for a "subspecies" of robot I would think.

And I don't think it makes a difference that they're specifically Reploids because Maverick Hunter X didn't have bleedin' bots.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 8 June 2010, 00:40:19 »

Reploid = Replicated Android.

There is no japanese word for sentient synthetic life form (android) so they use robot for both robots and androids. Mega Man and X are both androids, because Japan decided to have like eight hundered words for certain inanimate objects but not that.

I like it best when androids bleed white like in Alien.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #43 on: 14 June 2010, 16:25:09 »

Is it me, or did Capcom did a half-assed job on the so-called, "set up the controls the way fits you best"?

Signature:
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 14 June 2010, 17:03:29 »

Well, I was able to customize it to what fit me best. It was a bit awkward at first to do, though.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #45 on: 30 June 2010, 21:33:01 »

I got the select stage theme from MMZ4 stuck on my head.

Signature:
FearTheBeans
Noob

« Reply #46 on: 6 July 2010, 23:13:34 »

honestly. Why is there a need for easy senario? It makes it way to easy. a chore. :( 
Though i am happy that it is optional if you dont care about that collection stuff. Im just happy to play through the entire series. Normal mode is good for me untill i get good at that game.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 30 August 2010, 07:14:33 »

Well, I got this and this will be the first time playing through the other games (I`ve only ever played through MMZ1 and that was when it came out). The music is MUCH better in 2 than it is in one 1, so it makes it more enjoyable.

Honestly, Easy Scenario make this for me. Although, I`m confused that they blocked the spikes in MMZ1 but not in MMZ2 (I`d prefer if the spikes were intact though). I`d also prefer if you`d always get an S-Rank (it makes the game harder, right? It`s easy enough as it is).

But yes, I`ll play through all of the games for the first time (besides Zero 1).

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #48 on: 30 August 2010, 17:35:03 »

I'm tempted to trawl through it sometime too, since I never played beyond the first one.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #49 on: 30 August 2010, 19:21:28 »

They don't get any better.  I played through them up to half the 3rd game before I just threw it out.

Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Zero Series  |  : Zero Collection coming out on DS
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string