MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 13:50:06
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Official Mega Man 10 Topic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Print
Author Topic: The Official Mega Man 10 Topic.  (Read 153805 times)
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #350 on: 7 March 2010, 06:08:42 »

Downloaded the Soundtrack.. listening to the special stage tracks.. OH GOD PUNK'S IS AWESOME

and so is everything else, Solar Man is so golly goshdarn catchy..

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #351 on: 7 March 2010, 06:23:09 »

I dunno. I thought Chill Man's was kinda meh, and several others were okay.

I love Blade Man's and Solar Man's theme though.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #352 on: 7 March 2010, 06:41:31 »

I now think every one of the stage and boss themes in MM10 are awesome. Except Strike Man's.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #353 on: 7 March 2010, 10:01:38 »

Every stage's music fits its stage.  They were going with ambience this time and it works.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #354 on: 7 March 2010, 21:45:39 »

I was not a fan of some of the soundtrack. About half of it is great, but the other half sounds more like Famicompo entries (which are pretty much just glorified tech demos) and less like a Mega Man soundtrack.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #355 on: 8 March 2010, 01:53:35 »

Apparently Capcom did not learn how frustrating it was in MM9 to lose helmetless Mega Man just from dying once.

In MM9 I tried it once, double damage was a nice added challenge, but the fact that you lose it from dying once (and then had to buy it AGAIN) was just lame. And they didn't do anything about it this time.

Well, at least there isn't a #####ing Roll Costume changer.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #356 on: 8 March 2010, 02:31:45 »

Every stage's music fits its stage.  They were going with ambience this time and it works.

Well, I miss the stage music MM9 had, but yeah. They are really well done.

I don't really like Chill Man or Strike Man's theme though. Part of Chill Man rubs me the wrong way listening to it, and Strike Man sounds too goofy.

Posted on:  8 March 2010, 02:24:30

Also, Annie played Easy mode.

Understand that prior to this, she owns MM1, MM2, and MM3 on Wii VC. She has only defeated Cut Man and Metal Man out of the 22 Robot Masters in those games.

She managed to defeat all 8 Robot Masters on easy. She had only a little trouble in Pump Man and Sheep Man's stage, and quite a bit of trouble at Blade Man's. Other than that, she was doing fine. She didn't want to continue with the Wily stages though.

That should be enough evidence to justify how hard/easy that mode is.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #357 on: 8 March 2010, 14:43:33 »

I'll use Easy mode for Mr.Perfect and Headbanging challenges.  Right now I'm going for Tenacious, Invincable, No Coffee Break, and Blue Bomber.  I beat 8 robot masters at 00:30:30.  29 and a half minutes should be more than enough to make it through the Wily stages right?
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #358 on: 8 March 2010, 16:27:46 »

I suppose, but given the hacked times on the rankings, you'll probably only be there temporarily.

1st place is 52 seconds. Honestly, they could at least TRY to make it look real.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #359 on: 8 March 2010, 19:35:22 »

BAM!  Got Those 4!  The only mode 2 challenges I'm missing are Headbaning and Mr.Perfect.  Since you can get them on Easy Mode, it's just a matter of playing the stage and saving.  Since you can also save your progress at Wily Fortress. 

Plus with all the HARD boss battle challenges completed, doing the rest should be cakewalk.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #360 on: 8 March 2010, 20:58:51 »

I don't really trust some of those rankings without video proof, like those clear rankings. It's already proven that people have been cheating and/or hacking their game.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #361 on: 10 March 2010, 01:10:52 »

Got 100% S-Rank.  Feels Good Man.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #362 on: 12 March 2010, 12:21:38 »

COUGHLOSERCOUGHAHEM

(Only kidding. That's nice.)

Posted on: 10 March 2010, 02:06:41

So, the game is out on PS3 apparently.

I'm not making this post to mention just that though, because Capcom-unity decided to give away 10 MM10 games by inputting a code. All you have to do is give your opinion on what the story should be in the next Mega Man game. The contest is over though, but check it out here.

Now this contest sounds like a good idea, until you read half of these comments. "lol, zero should be in the next one to bridge the two series".

I'm glad none of those submissions won.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #363 on: 12 March 2010, 16:16:25 »

... reading some of those made my head #####ing hurt.  God there are some stupid STUPID people out there, and Capcom has more or less catered to them for the last several years (ruining X, making MMZ/ZX, etc etc).

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #364 on: 12 March 2010, 17:43:29 »

Wily as President though seems plausable. 

Or what if the next game.  A robot becomes president.  He considers Mega Man a threat to the state.  Mega Man has to go clear his name.  Then we learn that the robot is actually built by Wily. 
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #365 on: 12 March 2010, 20:08:02 »

ObaMan.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #366 on: 13 March 2010, 17:49:34 »

Hahahahahahahhhahahghahahahah hahahahahaah!!!!!!!11!!

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #367 on: 13 March 2010, 23:30:56 »

Ok ok ok. How about this.  A new threat attacks the Planet.  It turns out this new threat is....Mega Man!  That's right, the blue bomber we know and love has turned evil and is trying to take over the world.    Now you know and I know that the REAL Mega Man has nothing to do with this.  However, the world leaders act and create robots in order to destroy Mega Man.  Mega Man must now clear his name and destroy these robots.  Then, this imposter Mega Man shows up and tries to trick everyone into thinking the real Mega Man is the fake Mega Man.  Mega Man goes into the fake one's fortress and battles him there.  Then its revealed that Wily created this imposter Mega Man.  So then you go into Wily's fortress and defeat him again. 

Mega Man, Bass, Proto Man are playable from the start.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #368 on: 14 March 2010, 01:47:18 »

....How about Bass and Proto Man as bosses since the poser B.Bomber is making the real B.Bomber bad?

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #369 on: 14 March 2010, 05:26:26 »

As much as I love the dual fortress idea, it doesn't seem Capcom is going that direction anymore. Fit somewhere in there where it turns out to be Wily after the 8th boss and you're probably solid.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #370 on: 14 March 2010, 06:22:42 »

So I finally got this game.

Its pretty fun, but also very short. And the music is weird... its all atmospheric...

ALSO, FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU COMMANDO MAN'S STAGE

I stopped at Wily's Castle. Hopefully it'll be as epic as MM9's. This is a good game, better than MM5 & 6 at least (but they're also good), but I don't think its better than MM9.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #371 on: 14 March 2010, 06:25:01 »

Pretty much.

I'm not gonna spoil anything but, I wish I could see your face after you beat Wily. It's a nice surprise.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #372 on: 14 March 2010, 07:27:24 »

Well, I decided to take on the Wily Stages anyway...

[spoiler]HOLY CRAP ELEC MAN GEMINI MAN WOOD MAN WTF AWESOME[/spoiler]

Posted on: 14 March 2010, 01:45:46

##### ##### FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO BULL THERE ARE DEATH TRAPS EVERYWHERE WTF

*deep breath*

I'm stopped at Wily Stage 2... Wily Stage 1 was awesome but Stage 2 is full of bull#####, it just reeks of bad level design. >:(

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #373 on: 17 March 2010, 19:22:40 »

The Wily stages were good, but aside from Wily Stage Entrance and Wily Stage 1, the music for MM9s Castle was MUCH better (We're The Robots FTW).  I did, however, love that we got a fortress battle theme, unlike in 9.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #374 on: 17 March 2010, 21:53:35 »

Yeah, I beat it. I really liked the Fortress theme.

also wtf at the ending srsly

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #375 on: 17 March 2010, 22:29:16 »

Well in MM9 the only good Wily themes are Flash in the Dark and We're the Robots.  In MM10 the first stage, Wily Machine are good.  So I guess it's kinda even. 

I want a Complete Works Version of the songs.  ##### would be so cash.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #376 on: 18 March 2010, 02:43:46 »

Errm, I meant Fortress Boss theme. :P

I didn't think the music in this game is all that great. There are some good ones, but the style is so different. :/
« Last Edit: 18 March 2010, 02:49:59 by Vinchenz Rock » Logged

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #377 on: 18 March 2010, 04:31:17 »

Yeah, the boss music was superb in this game.

My first playthrough, I was somewhat dissappointed with the Wily Stage 1 music, until I actually "entered" the castle and had my first boss fight. Then the REAL music kicked in and... it was just such perfect timing. Very well done.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #378 on: 18 March 2010, 07:01:03 »

My first playthrough, I was somewhat dissappointed with the Wily Stage 1 music, until I actually "entered" the castle and had my first boss fight. Then the REAL music kicked in and... it was just such perfect timing. Very well done.

Yes, agreed.

The boss music in this game is rather good. It took me a while to get used to MM9's main one but I instantly liked MM10's.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #379 on: 18 March 2010, 08:23:25 »

Yesterday
Mega Man was such a difficult game to play
But now I jump and slide all willy-nay
And still I seem to be okay

Suddenly I'm a dude with shades and a red sheen
When I jump, things bounce right off of me
Oh Protoman, I'm whistling

Why there's DLC
I can't see
It seems quite gay
I wish to complete
The whole game
I have to pay

Yesterday
I stepped on spikes and that's okay
I would've hit the lava either way
And tried again
Oh Yesterday

And that is my daily contribution to the fetid mass that is the internet.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #380 on: 18 March 2010, 12:00:08 »

Word.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #381 on: 19 March 2010, 02:12:19 »

har  :D

I havent gotten MM10 yet but if the game has enough content without the DLC it doesn't seem to be a problem.
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #382 on: 19 March 2010, 03:37:38 »

Are we talking about what we want for the sequal yet? Cause if so...

Mega Man 11 needs Duo or Roll as DLC.

With Bass, Mega, and Proto selectable from the get-go.

And I would like to see someone other than Wily as the last boss. I wouldn't mind fighting him again, but don't make him the last boss (Mega Man five for Gameboy in mind).

Ten games with the same final villain... It's a little too much.

Also, Would it be crude of me to ask for charge shot and slide back for Mega Man? Why not make them optional like they did for Powered up? And if that's the case, make Protoman play more like he did in Powered Up (but can still copy weapons), but he can only use his shield while jumping (so he's less broken). This is so they play differently.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #383 on: 19 March 2010, 11:29:44 »

Slide is understandable, but the charge shot is really unnecessary.  It would make the game way too easy and render all the other weapons obsolete. 

Posted on: 19 March 2010, 09:48:38

As far as Duo goes, I like him, but he's really a one-shot character.  Duo filled his roll in MM8.  He's not really needed anymore.  And Roll would be fine for DLC I guess. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #384 on: 19 March 2010, 16:39:32 »

Charge shot breaks the game.  Slide is great.  Look at Mega Man 3.  The game played great.  It gives Mega Man a nice boost and adds some variety to level design.

I'd honestly rather nix all the extra playables.  It really just waters the game down.  Mega Man is more than enough.  Making every damn person playable is just going in the wrong direction.  Not a big fan of Duo either.  He can stay away forever as far as I'm concerned.

Wily not as final boss?  I could go for that if they do it right, but I'd rather they just focus on Mega Man trying to stop another crazy fellow and just leave Wily out all together if they do that, because Wily doesn't play second fiddle to ANYONE (Yes, Mega Man 5 GB sucked #####).

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #385 on: 19 March 2010, 17:00:34 »

I have no problem whatsoever with the charge shot, I liked it in MM4, X1 and so on.

And MM5GB was stinkus-a-minkus.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #386 on: 19 March 2010, 18:21:28 »

Charge shot breaks the game.  Slide is great.  Look at Mega Man 3.  The game played great.  It gives Mega Man a nice boost and adds some variety to level design.

I'd honestly rather nix all the extra playables.  It really just waters the game down.  Mega Man is more than enough.  Making every damn person playable is just going in the wrong direction.  Not a big fan of Duo either.  He can stay away forever as far as I'm concerned.

Wily not as final boss?  I could go for that if they do it right, but I'd rather they just focus on Mega Man trying to stop another crazy fellow and just leave Wily out all together if they do that, because Wily doesn't play second fiddle to ANYONE (Yes, Mega Man 5 GB sucked #####).

Except for Sigma in the  X series right?

*Is throughly beaten with tomatoe stick*
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #387 on: 20 March 2010, 02:00:50 »

For those of you who don't want charged shot, simply don't charge your buster.

I like the variety of playable characters; makes for great replay value. But the Proto Man, in his currect state, plays way to similar to Mega Man (or how he should/use to, anyway).
« Last Edit: 20 March 2010, 21:04:31 by Morgan Guyer » Logged
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #388 on: 20 March 2010, 11:33:04 »

If Megaman gets his charged shot back, they would need to change Protoman.  Make it so his shield can deflect attacks while standing still.  Also take away the double damage.
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #389 on: 20 March 2010, 21:03:59 »

If Megaman gets his charged shot back, they would need to change Protoman.  Make it so his shield can deflect attacks while standing still.  Also take away the double damage.

He would be too broken that way.

I say keep his shield out only when jumping, and keep the double damage.

BUT...

Only have him shoot charged shots that do 3 damage (and only one on screen at a time).
« Last Edit: 22 March 2010, 07:25:09 by Morgan Guyer » Logged
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #390 on: 21 March 2010, 11:31:11 »

Well Protoman would lose the charge shot in exchange.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #391 on: 22 March 2010, 18:38:21 »

How about... just no charged shot? The game is fine, although sliding is nice.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #392 on: 23 March 2010, 22:48:57 »

#####.  Can't wait for the special stages.  They look great. 

Also [spoiler]Enker, Punk, and Ballade return.  Awesome[/spoiler]
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #393 on: 24 March 2010, 00:07:49 »

Wasn't that already revealed back when MM10 was released?
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #394 on: 24 March 2010, 10:37:16 »

Yeah but there may be people who want to avoid spoilers.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #395 on: 24 March 2010, 18:26:43 »

I already know about the stage bosses, but I don't want to be spoiled about the stages themselves.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #396 on: 5 April 2010, 23:56:37 »

Hah, Bass Mode is out now. It updates the title screen... didn't know that.

Also Special Stage 1 is out (Enker).
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #397 on: 6 April 2010, 00:56:11 »

Special Stage 1 was fun.  And Mirror Buster practically breaks the game. 

Bass mode is complete surprise sex. 
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #398 on: 6 April 2010, 22:49:49 »

After replaying with Bass, there are little oversights I've noticed that 10.

The attention to detail isn't as great as it was with Mega Man 9. For instance, there are areas that have more than three enemies on screen at a time (which they really tried to avoid in Mega Man 9). There isn't a "legacy" mode (which was also a nice touch in the previous installment). Bass' doesn't  get a cut scene after defeating the first 4 robot masters (not to mention his sprite is an edit of Mega Man's, which makes me think I'm just playing as Rock in a Bass costume).

It just seems like 9 had a lot of charm to it and really tried to capture the feel of the classic games. 10 just kinda feels like they wanted to get something out the door.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #399 on: 7 April 2010, 02:01:06 »

Yeah.  If anything they sould have modeled his sprite from the NEO GEO BATTLE AND FIGHTERS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Official Mega Man 10 Topic.
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string