MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 15:58:49
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What Game AREN'T you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 Print
Author Topic: What Game AREN'T you playing?  (Read 20940 times)
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #50 on: 25 August 2010, 03:05:30 »

Oh cool.
I'll let them have all of the money I don't have then.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #51 on: 25 August 2010, 04:40:15 »

It's kind of sad how nowadays most people just feel so entitled that music is theirs to download for free. I do it just as much as anyone else, and we all love to talk about how it's our right to have our MP3's for free and without DRM and all that... but when it comes right down to it, we're stealing. The sense of entitlement nowadays is really bad. The only people who don't steal MP3's are the people who don't know how, or the people who genuinely want to support their favorite artists. I download movies and TV shows all the time, but I generally try my best to buy the actual DVD's if I love the movie/show. In fact, I almost always do. My conscience always gets to me there. But with music? I never seem to care at all. MP3's are freely available. All I have to do is click a button. Why feel bad?

(I say all of this as I download tonight's episode of Louie.)

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #52 on: 25 August 2010, 05:29:26 »

I didn't mention buying it to start an argument.

I like to pay for my music, and if/when I get punished by DRM for doing so, I work around it. Regardless, I support the artist.

The thing is, though, I wouldn't WANT to get a CD so badly if I didn't know what was on it that was so worth the effort to find and buy.

Even if it's not a moral issue, there is still the fact that you're helping one's success in order for that person to provide you with more things you like. Still, you do what you will.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #53 on: 25 August 2010, 06:15:03 »

I once saw a comedian (Pat Dixon) live and I had previously downloaded his album for free. I ended up buying the same album from him when he was selling it after the show because I felt I owed that to him, and it's really nice being able to hand the money to the person directly responsible in appreciation.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #54 on: 25 August 2010, 09:08:08 »

This reminds me of that time I was watching episodes of DBZ on Youtube before they got taken down. Is that also stealing? I guess everyone should go buy the DVDs if they want to support their favorite TV show. I feel different with game music. Even if people are selling the Original Soundtrack, it still doesn't change the fact that it's a game that will always have it's music ripped for free use. For actual songs that I enjoy from bands I actually like, I head to iTunes. Besides, the quality is usually good there. I'm not saying I'm entitled to the music, but $12 for an entire album from a $10 game is absurd. I know you're not targeting me, but I'm just adding a defense. I don't pay for game music. That's like having to pay $0.99 just to hear the Super Mario Bros. theme (I wouldn't be surprised if it's on iTunes too).

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #55 on: 25 August 2010, 15:25:50 »

How many songs are in that soundtrack? If it was a studio album by Anamanaguchi I'd kind of condone the price, regardless of if the music was used in the game or even made for the game (but even then depending on the number of quality songs like I'm asking). I understand how you feel about it, but this looks like a rare case where real effort was put into the songs.

I think games/movies SHOULD come with an extra CD soundtrack, at least the really popular ones like Hans Zimmer, for maybe 2 dollars extra but that's a pretty high expectation that I don't expect to be fulfilled, and there would be immediate re-releases when it comes to video games, so they charge separately and it becomes a whole package by itself... and yeah.

That turned out to be a pretty extensive edit.
« Last Edit: 25 August 2010, 15:36:30 by Majikn » Logged

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #56 on: 25 August 2010, 21:05:37 »

Or you could pull a Seibu and put the soundtrack CD in FOR FREE with the game.

Not that that's going to happen, but a man can dream
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #57 on: 25 August 2010, 21:14:24 »

When Working Designs was still around, they would do that with some games.
The bonus pack that came with both Lunar games was the full thing that the Japanese got when they bought them... cloth maps, soundtracks and making of stuff.  This was cool stuff.

That sort of thing just doesn't happen much these days.
xXZDeadpoolZXx
Noob

« Reply #58 on: 20 October 2010, 09:42:36 »

Resident Evil: Outbreak series. Oh how I miss those days where I stopped playing Xbox so I could play what I consider the best Co-op survival horror game.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #59 on: 20 October 2010, 13:35:19 »

I think this topic is actually for games you don't want to be playing.  Ever.

Like Madden anything or FFXIV.  But then that's me.
xXZDeadpoolZXx
Noob

« Reply #60 on: 21 October 2010, 06:37:49 »

I agree with you on the Madden series. I used to love them but they keep trying to make it more and more complex. And you pay $60 for each new game just for a new player? I just stick to Madden84 for sge genesis. But yeh, must have read the TC' s announcement I apologize. I was pretty bummed out this morning.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #61 on: 22 October 2010, 04:34:13 »

Like Madden anything or FFXIV.  But then that's me.

Yes.

Pages: « 1 2 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What Game AREN'T you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string