MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 13:51:12
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What Game AREN'T you playing?
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: What Game AREN'T you playing?  (Read 20930 times)
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« on: 19 October 2009, 03:05:31 »

Alright folks, I'm a big fan of the "What game are you playing?" thread Decided this might be a good topic to make.

Noooooooooooow before we get on a debate on how UN-awesome this idea is, Hear me out, This thread will be dedicated to those games you WON'T be buying, renting, Even borrowing from anyone anywhere.

Case in point. A good friend of mine paid for KILLZONE 2.

KZ2 Gives you all the frustration poorly made FPS games with twice the lack of gameplay!
You play (this guy) who is this soldier dude running around killing HELLGAST!!! Your partner, Rico, hates the HELLGAST!!!

"So much for sneaking."

When you play it, you automatically get the feeling that you want to play Metal gear style, avoiding enemies and offing them all quick and quiet like.  Many a mission you are reminded of the threat these HELLGAST!!!s pose. Yet Rico likes to scream "HELLGAST!!!" alerting these foes to your position.

Due to the absurdity of the game and the ironic varying of difficulty between tasks in the mission, My friend decided to begin pistol whipping his foes rather than shooting them.

Ironically this made the game easier and made the game make more sense.

The final boss, when defeated, left you with a feeling of anticipation as you walk past his corpse... It was difficult in that tricky "lodge a grenade at the platform that your invisible foe runs around on yet does nothing with as you are swarmed by no less than twenty stage foes" kind of way.

In the end:

[spoiler]Rico leaves you wanting to kill him more as he ruins what would be an end to the entire war by offing the commander of the army of the world you are invading causing a whole armada to ship off to earth...[/spoiler]

Needless to say it's a game I won't be playing.

And hence the thread. What games do you want to warn others not to play?
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2009, 03:11:23 »

Please don't buy the Bald Seal!

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2009, 03:17:15 »

I usually tell myself I'm not going to buy another Mega Man game or Final Fantasy game or something like that, but that's never set in stone.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2009, 04:38:11 »

After getting Shadow the Hedgehog back in 2005 I decided never to get a Sonic game again.

A few months ago I changed my mind and got my hands on Sonic '06 for the 360.

If that new "2D" Sonic game that's coming next year blows ass, I'm done with Sonic.

It's just so sad that one of my favorite games from when I was a kid has sunk so low.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2009, 05:16:35 »

For the time being, just about any game that's out on the PlayStation 3 or Wii and not on the Xbox 360.

I'm not a console fanboy - I was originally planning on getting a Wii before I decided to get the 360. I've just got so many damn games for the Xbox 360 (according to IGN, I have 166) that I don't have time for other consoles.

For the Wii, I would like to be playing The Conduit, Madworld, and the various Super Mario and Zelda games. Oh, and that Epic Mickey game? Hell yeah.

For the PlayStation 3, I'd like to be playing the Uncharted and Uncharted 2, God of War 3 (when it comes out) and the Resistance games.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2009, 05:19:33 »

And Infamous is decent, cruddy aiming though.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #6 on: 19 October 2009, 05:25:23 »

The aiming in the Infamous demo was fine. A higher sensitivity option could've been better though.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2009, 05:52:16 »

And Infamous is decent, cruddy aiming though.

Oooh yeah, I want to play that too.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 19 October 2009, 06:18:12 »

Brutal Legend because you can't JUMP in that game.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 19 October 2009, 06:49:24 »

This thread seems like flame bait.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 19 October 2009, 06:53:40 »

True, but still.

Far Cry 2. Twice the brown, half the unique gameplay experiences. Fun for what it is, but worth only about $20-30 despite a "40-50 hour" single-player mode thanks to a complete lack of variety.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 19 October 2009, 09:25:06 »

Don't think I've ever seen anyone ever flame on these forums.
Maybe in the past but not anytime since before the last site re-design.

Anyway, I'd love to be playing a lot of 360 but I'm not playing them because I don't have one and choose not to get one if only because I don't want to own three different consoles.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 19 October 2009, 14:35:57 »

That's because everyone here is a pussy now!

This probably goes without saying but, don't play Terminator: Salvation. The game is awful, and is only even possibly time-worthy by having rediculously easy trophies (gold)/achievements (80pt.)
Not that such pursuits are worth time at all.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 19 October 2009, 16:13:32 »

Do not buy "Sonic and the Secret Rings". I bought it at a flea market hearing it was a decent Sonic game this time around. It plays nothing like Sonic, besides the fact you run fast. You can only run in one direction. Tried returning it, but the darn place wouldn't give my money back, just store credit...

If you're a Yu-Gi-Oh! fan, this probably goes without saying it, but don't buy "Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007", not because it's outdated, but because unlocking packs without cheating is torture. Certain packs can only be unlocked through challenges, and you can only unlock some packs by S-ranking them. To get an S-rank, you most likely have to do something absurd in 5 turns. For example: "Gather all 5 pieces of Exodia and win the duel." That's actually an easy one compared to others. Also, Konami thought it'd be a brilliant idea to make one of the challenges consist of winning the duel using "Destiny Board", but that's impossible to S-rank, since the fastest you can do that is in 8 turns. Before buying any Yu-Gi-Oh! game, check the ratings, any glitches in the game (card glitches ruin gameplay), how to play, and any online interaction on the game. Chances are, if it doesn't go by the official game rules, it might just be going by on a gimmick and hardly be fun. Card glitches will make some card effects not work or hard to implement. Online interaction so far in the World Championship is a failure, so good luck getting any high ranking online, because everyone will either disconnect when losing (therefore you don't get any points) or cheat.

Downright don't buy "Nightmare Troubadour" for one of the above reasons, it's FULL of glitches.

Unless you're absolutely sure you WANT to play it, I advise you to not buy "Super Paper Mario". The game constantly uses the same gimmick in every stage, and it WILL get boring. By the time you beat the game, if you have that enough patience, you won't desire to play this game anymore. Buy the other two previous Paper Mario titles instead, especially Thousand-Year Old Door.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #14 on: 19 October 2009, 19:51:55 »

Classic MegaMan games, I have always sucked BIG time with the classics.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 19 October 2009, 21:39:26 »

Halo.

Any of them.

After getting Shadow the Hedgehog back in 2005 I decided never to get a Sonic game again.

Tell me how that is a "Sonic" game.

And it was pretty obvious it sucked dude, that one's YOUR fault.

Actually, it's because almost everyon here knows everyone here by now and the amount of incoming new members is significantly lower than it used to be.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 19 October 2009, 22:07:44 »

See? The correct response was "##### you"

=P

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 19 October 2009, 23:58:59 »

Scribblenauts. Don't get me wrong, I loved it when I started, but I've only touched it like 4 times since I gave up on the actual game itself. It's so repetitive and annoying after around World 5 that I decided I have a lot more fun on the title screen than I do actually playing the game. And then that got boring.

I still believe the novelty of it is fantastic and it's a great toy.

Halo.

Any of them.

I was going to post this.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 20 October 2009, 01:01:42 »

Hey, ##### you.

I challenge you to a duel sir. Pistols at dawn.

Meet me at the Washington Monument.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 20 October 2009, 01:06:06 »

Neither of you are going to show up because you're both huge pussies.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 20 October 2009, 01:18:40 »

Yah.

See? The correct response was "##### you"

=P

Nah.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 20 October 2009, 01:21:46 »

You are absolutely no fun at all.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 20 October 2009, 01:52:23 »

##### you

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 20 October 2009, 03:30:04 »

Tell me how that is a "Sonic" game.

And it was pretty obvious it sucked dude, that one's YOUR fault.

It played exactly like Sonic Heroes, so it's basically a Sonic game.

Also, it was 2005, being only 13 I didn't know any better. But yeah, big mistake.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 20 October 2009, 08:09:39 »

I enjoyed Sonic Heroes.

Shadow the Hedgehog was... eh...

At first the quality lowered subtly, but fell flat on its face with Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 22 October 2009, 00:43:47 »

I don't remember Shadow playing like Sonic Heroes at all, though I only rented both.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 22 October 2009, 01:33:28 »

Me neither, and I actually completed both games.

I mean, you run from point A to point B, but other than that, they were pretty different games. One game had Teamwork gameplay and the other had a hedgehog using guns and giant swords.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 22 October 2009, 06:23:07 »

There are times where I want to spend money on games that look good or I hear are good, but can't afford it.

Shadow the Hedgehog was one of those games.

Sometimes, you have to thank your empty wallet for being empty.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 22 October 2009, 06:59:13 »

I won't be buying Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, not because it looks like it'll be a bad game (would love to play it actually) but because they took out dedicated server support.

Dedicated servers are the ONLY reason to play online multiplayer in a shooter, otherwise it's meaningless bull##### and I would rather play with my real friends or even alone (or not at all). Without the sense of community you get from your regular server or servers of play, the game leaves little to come back to later. Replay value is definitely going to hurt unless they get off their asses and redo the netcode to allow dedicated servers.

I could rant endlessly about this, but I'd really rather not, since the REST of the game looks rather fine and I'm sure I'll find a way to play through the campaign one of these days. But I suggest anyone who preordered a PC copy of the game immediately cancel.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 22 October 2009, 16:30:16 »

Me neither, and I actually completed both games.

I mean, you run from point A to point B, but other than that, they were pretty different games. One game had Teamwork gameplay and the other had a hedgehog using guns and giant swords.

It was the same #####, but with guns. But that's just me anyway, since I hated both Heroes and Shadow. Although my hate for Heroes came a little after getting it. Three out of Four of the teams have exactly the same 'levels' (as in, just get to the goal). Only Team Chaotix had something different and even then it was just "find this, find that, kill EVERY enemy in the level, kill all of a certain type of enemy, etc."

Either way, I think I'm done with Sonic for a while. You gotta love the Sonic fans though, every time a new #####ty game is released they always say it's gonna be a good game this time or they'll blindly believe it's a good game when it's NOT.

I'm almost being serious here though, I thought Sonic for the 360 was actually a bit better than Heroes or Shadow the Hedgehog in some ways, but absolutely horrible in other ways. It felt a BIT more like the Adventure games (although it ended up sucking, but eh.)

I would love to know how they managed to ##### that game up so badly though. The homing attack in the Adventure games, hell even Heroes and Shadow, was fine, hell I thought it was near perfect. If you pressed the jump button quickly in those games, you'd quickly hit the next enemy, and the next, etc. In Sonic '06 though, you press that jump button too fast and for some reason Sonic won't "lock on" to the enemy and just go flying off (usually to his death). Seriously, what the #####?

... Oh God I've rambled on too long.
Someone help me.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 23 December 2009, 16:19:01 »

Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom got released on PSN today as $5.99 "PSOne Classic" download.

*weeps*

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 23 December 2009, 20:49:01 »

Let me guess, they didn't release WCI, II, III OR Privateer first.

EDIT: I'm not sure how many of those, if any, got PSX releases though.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 25 December 2009, 22:44:52 »

*cough*

My roommate's son got SPECTROBE ORIGINS.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 27 December 2009, 21:25:24 »

Let me guess, they didn't release WCI, II, III OR Privateer first.

EDIT: I'm not sure how many of those, if any, got PSX releases though.

Wing Commander III was the only other one to get a PSX release. The original Wing Commander and I think Secret Missions got a PSP release through EA Replay.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 5 January 2010, 22:56:31 »

Glover.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 6 January 2010, 08:05:35 »

I wish I wasn't playing Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and trying to get all of the Emblems/A-Ranks.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU CRAZY GADGET AND FINAL RUSH

Just got Canon's Core to do (cinch) and the last Chao Race... (annoying).

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 6 January 2010, 08:06:59 »

Strangely enough, have have zero desire to play a Sonic game right now.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 6 January 2010, 23:48:38 »

That's not so strange..

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 7 January 2010, 05:38:11 »

It's slightly strange considering GOOD Sonic games like Sonic 2.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 7 January 2010, 21:56:18 »

I've actually been playing the 2D Sonics lately. I still love Sonic 2. I find it strange that Super Sonic has a better animation in Sonic 2 than in 3.

The levels in Sonic & Knuckles are pretty nice too.

I did try playing Sonic Adventure DX before Christmas, but it kept giving me disc read errors... so that's not happening.

Oh. This is the what you're not playing thread.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #40 on: 15 January 2010, 20:45:24 »

My 360 and Wii has been collecting dust for some time now, am currently sick of em' until TvC comes out.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 23 August 2010, 23:15:30 »

Just wanted to make a comment: I'm definitely not playing Scott Pilgrim VS The World, although I wish I was. Just saw a few videos and this game looks awesome. Too bad I don't have a 360.

That soundtrack is AMAZING.

I love seeing all those video game references. There's a rainbow road in the game, and I got a TMNT 2 Stage 1 vibe in the 2nd stage.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 23 August 2010, 23:39:25 »

Yeah, and they even ripped off the gameplay of River City Ransom and didn't bother to do that right.

Still really cool looking, but I don't think it's worth my monies.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 24 August 2010, 00:09:32 »

yo chron why dont you just quit being such a goddamn sourpuss

ya dig

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 24 August 2010, 00:52:10 »

but that is my job asr
it's my only job and i like doing it
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 24 August 2010, 18:08:59 »

I may not have played it, but it looks definitely worth my $10.

The album however, is $12. Not worth it in my opinion.

Why not get it for free? I haven't found a free copy of the OST online, but I found something just as good. Download link is in the description of this video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2RuEBM7A1A

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 24 August 2010, 18:19:09 »

For some reason I can't help but feel the game's soundtrack is not as good as Anamanaguchi's previous work, especially Power Supply.  Which is phenomenal, by the way.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 25 August 2010, 00:17:22 »

The only song I kind of liked from Anamanaguchi's earlier stuff was Helix Nebula, and even then I wouldn't buy it.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 25 August 2010, 00:45:57 »

Buy...
... buy?

Music?
Buy music?
What is that?
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 25 August 2010, 01:56:09 »

Yes, buy. As in purchase. As in pretty much the highest possible compliment you can pay a musician these days.
Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What Game AREN'T you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string